Help for a returning player

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Help for a returning player

Hi everyone,

I used to play AO from the launching of the game, but I stopped for different reasons because the stability of servers wasnt really good.

Now I'm wishing to return but I have some questions, could you help me ?

1) Is the game alife for new players or I will find noone in T4 / T5 ?
      2) Is it possible to play solo? I dont have much time to play and normally guilds are really strict with the activity of their members and the use of discord
      3) Is it easy to find random groups for dungeons or bosses ?

Feel free to make me any remarks that you find interesting to make to a returning player.

Thank you very much for the information , and I hope to see you arround !

:P
    • Hey,

Yes, yes and yes. Right now theres a small population living on those zones but when the new update hits theres gonna be even more people there trust me. About the solo part you got roaming mobs now that give you a good amount of fame so fame farming its not a problem anymore. Theres a chat /lfg (looking for group) most people use it for hardcore expeditions but sometimes theres people there asking for certain roles to fame farm in group.

Cheers,
      ZiiG
    • I think with the Merlin Update coming out soon, I'd say there will definitely be a new surge of new/returning players, so you won't be alone in being T4/5.
      If you wanted to find a more lax guild where they don't have daily demands and high-lvl requirements, there are definitely some out there, but going solo isn't too bad, though it is usually limited to the royal continent for FFs or solo ganking, just because Blackzone is overrun with alliances holding territories there and having dibs for farming in those dungeons.
      I don't think finding random groups for farming is that hard. Just go on in and try to join a group, and they'll usually let you as long as you're using good gear. However, you will have the disadvantage with being stuck in lower tier groups as guilds tend to form their own parties to FF with, so it'll have to depend on who's farming where and whether or not they're friendly enough to let you join.

If you're planning on returning but not interested in joining a guild at all, I'd highly recommend doing Hard Core Expeditions, either from the LFG chat or with some friends. Usually for HCEs the class in most demand is Tank, but with IP of around 1200-1400+, so if you don't have high spec in whatever you have they probably won't bother. In which case, getting a buddy to do Hellgates is probably your best bet for fame farming.
      #bestpengu
    • Many thanks to everyone for the information, you've convinced me of returning to Albion !!
      Could you explain me better what is a FF and a Hardcore expedition?

It's been a long timpe since I played and I dont even remember many things

Thanks again
    • FF = Fame Farm (the act of gaining fame)

HCE are just like regular expeditions, but you need a map (dropped in OW or bought in AH) and the mobs are tougher. If you can finish in the bonus time (20 min), you get a map to the next level in addition to a sigil and some silver. Maps range from levels 1-15.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning Knife
      T6 Stone Hammer

100/60/60/30 Holy Specs
    • Fusionbomb schrieb:

FF = Fame Farm (the act of gaining fame)

HCE are just like regular expeditions, but you need a map (dropped in OW or bought in AH) and the mobs are tougher. If you can finish in the bonus time (20 min), you get a map to the next level in addition to a sigil and some silver. Maps range from levels 1-15.
      HCEs are done in groups of 5 (preferably 1 healer, 3 dps, 1 tank) and typically people don't run HCEs past lvl 5-7 in favor of using skip sets (armor sets with invis. abilities to skip the map and just kill the boss to still get bonus time). If you want to do HCEs you should run tank, and spec until you get IP1200+, then you'll always be in demand.

In response to solo farming in blackzone by killing roaming mobs, that is viable, however you are very susceptible to dying should you get caught by passing groups or players in ganking gear. If you want too be super safe I'd stick around blackzone town plots, or at least 2-3 zones away from the nearest portal or dungeon.
      #bestpengu