Albion Online - PK SYSTEM

• Albion Online - PK SYSTEM

Hello there!

I was reading the Solo player proposal by Korn, I can say that I’m totally disagree with it but, is not in my hands.

That’s why I just write some ideas and hope they can read it.

The leak of solo content and content in general, is the bad PK system in my opinion, so please have a look and... well.

PK SYSTEM

UPDATE:

PK-SYSTEM Proposal

A PK character should have a specific attributes, so before to be able to kill a player, a PK needs:

STATUS PLAYER BEHAVIOR

Players which have CRIMINAL status can just knock down other players.
      NORMAL players can attack back if attacked, knocked down the attacker but without receiving CRIMINAL points.
      CRIMINAL status players can flagg up or flagg off anytime. The player must be flagged up in order to accumulate CRIMINAL points.
      KILLER can kill anyone.
      KILLER status players will be always flagged up.

Being knocked down means drop some silver and lose some gear durability.

[+] Having knocked down 100 players without any kind of assistance, ANY.
      - 1 knocked down player means 1 point of CRIMINAL.

So, once a player has 100 points of CRIMINAL evolves to a KILLER status.

[+] A KILLER can just kill another player only if he does it without any kind of assistance by another player who hasn’t KILLER status.
      - for instance, if a 5 man group attacks another player but one of the attackers has not KILLER status, the victim will be just knocked down because of that..

SO, the mechanism will be...
      1. Press the Shield button to flagg up.
      - Players can accumulate CRIMINAL points up to 100.
      - You can switch status anytime immediately.

2. Start knocking down players to accumulate CRIMINAL points.
      - CRIMINAL points will lost by doing PvE activities.
      - 1000 points of PvE means 10 CRIMINAL point lost.

3. Once a player has KILLER status, a player can kill other players only by soloing or being part of a full KILLER group.
      - A KILLER player can degrade to a CRIMINAL just by doing MISSIONS.

4. A KILLER player will increase his KILLER status by killing non-KILLERS (NORMAL players and players with some CRIMINAL points).
      - Killer players can accumulate DEATH points up to 100.
      - Killing a normal player means 10 DEATH points
      - Killing a player with CRIMINAL points means 5 DEATH points.
      - 1000 points of PvE MISSIONS means 5 DEATH point lost.

VILLAGES

Villages is an idea where ROYAL NPC's will be spread. This Royal NPC's can just attack CRIMINAL and KILLER status players.

Royal NPC's can knock down CRIMINAL players and execute KILLER players.

Villages will be spreaded around Royal cities in Royal Continent. At non Royal Continent will be AVANZADA CAMPS where will be the same ROYAL NPC's mechanism.

MISSIONS

...Further ideas O_O...

NOTES: Only KILLER players or groups of will be displayed at the minimap.

Saludos!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Atkyns ()

• I think if you want an equilibrated system, you should look at "Why" we have each specificity of the actual system.

Actually when in a red zone, if you flag up as PK, you can kill anyone you want, but you can also be killed by anyone.
      So this brings a few things:
      - risk vs reward system
      - spontaneous full loot PvP situations
      If we compare it to your proposition:
      - you can't have spontaneous full loot PvP situations since players need to down other players before actually being able to PK.
      - I didn't see what happens when a Killer get knocked down by non killer player (and it may be complicated to maintain a risk vs reward balance)

You can't unflag right after you flag / qttack a player. You have to wait 5 min.
      - this means there is a price for attacking innocent people, you expose yourself for a time and you need to think "is this player worth attacking"
      - this can lead to Vendettas: if a player gets killed he has a few mins to call his friend and chase the criminal
      Now with your system:
      - Price is harder: if you kill 20 persons as killer you have to do more PvE to get rid of that.
      - If you want to unflag after doing a few kills you have to do PvE while risking to meet other players and risking to make the countdown longer.

- attacking an unflagged player will lower your reputation according to his reputation
      --This may lead to months of ban from the royal continent.
      With your system:
      we have kind of the same system but the victim reputation does not enter in count.

Tbh i think reputation itself is too punitive (but it's mostly because in the lowest cap, you have to wait 1 month and you can't do anything to up it yourself)
      As you can see your suggestion seems to miss a few points, and it is more restrictive than the actual system.

Last point i'd like to add:
      Your feedback is kinda clear and you should keep doing it this way (maybe copy the gDoc on the forum so people can read it directly)
    • Atkyns schrieb:

1. Don’t know what pvp barrier ur talking about O_o

2. The only safe spot will be cities...

3. Well, it’s not a permaflag at all, they just need to do some PvE stuff and change from KILLER to 99 CRIMINAL points and flag off.
      1. You have to knock down 100 people SOLO if you want to actually pvp.
      2. Except for those royal village things with guards that can execute you.
      3. It is if they want to PvP.
    • Neu

Gugusteh schrieb:

- I didn't see what happens when a Killer get knocked down by non killer player (and it may be complicated to maintain a risk vs reward balance)
      That's a good point.

Actually we can handle it like it's, a normal player and a player with some CRIMINAL points can fight back but just can knocked down a KILLER one, because they aren't killers.

Gugusteh schrieb:

Now with your system:- Price is harder: if you kill 20 persons as killer you have to do more PvE to get rid of that.
      - If you want to unflag after doing a few kills you have to do PvE while risking to meet other players and risking to make the countdown longer.
      Well, a player who kills 20 means he likes hardcore PvP. If he wants to actually lose that status means he just want to do PvE activities, then he can do it by doing MISSIONS and have fun doing PvE. But it has a risk because he goes to hardcore killing innocents, that a price to pay.

Gugusteh schrieb:

Last point i'd like to add:Your feedback is kinda clear and you should keep doing it this way (maybe copy the gDoc on the forum so people can read it directly)
      will do, thanks!

In short, the objective is to make a more dynamic OP and zerging a more challenging activity, not just to do brainless blob...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Atkyns () aus folgendem Grund: UPDATE....

• Neu

Fred_the_Barbarian schrieb:

Atkyns schrieb:

3. Well, it’s not a permaflag at all, they just need to do some PvE stuff and change from KILLER to 99 CRIMINAL points and flag off.
      1. You have to knock down 100 people SOLO if you want to actually pvp.2. Except for those royal village things with guards that can execute you.
      3. It is if they want to PvP.

The problem in Albion is that mostly everyone wants to kill for no reason, and there are no consequences. But there is nothing wrong in that, the problem is the Zerging mentallity.

You wanna kill? Then try to do it by yourself. You can't? Bring some skilled fellas and make gank squad, 2 to five KILLERS. Your an unskilled player? Then do a zerg, but it well be more difficult because you will need to do it with a full KILLER party and will need coordination.

1. knocking down players is actually PvP, but if you think 100 knocked down players is that too much, well...
      2. This is not a safe zone, it's just a more challenging zone for PK's. PK players should be smart fellas, the environment should play its way. Alphas ago a fucking fox can EXECUTE you dude, that shit was so friking FUNNY, now even the most fearless NPC just knocked down you, it's a shit.
      3. well... a player could play with his status, stay close to being a KILLER or not.
    • Neu

Atkyns schrieb:

Atkyns schrieb:

1. You have to knock down 100 people SOLO if you want to actually pvp.2. Except for those royal village things with guards that can execute you.3. It is if they want to PvP.
      The problem in Albion is that mostly everyone wants to kill for no reason, and there are no consequences. But there is nothing wrong in that, the problem is the Zerging mentallity.

You wanna kill? Then try to do it by yourself. You can't? Bring some skilled fellas and make gank squad, 2 to five KILLERS. Your an unskilled player? Then do a zerg, but it well be more difficult because you will need to do it with a full KILLER party and will need coordination.

1. knocking down players is actually PvP, but if you think 100 knocked down players is that too much, well...
      2. This is not a safe zone, it's just a more challenging zone for PK's. PK players should be smart fellas, the environment should play its way. Alphas ago a fucking fox can EXECUTE you dude, that shit was so friking FUNNY, now even the most fearless NPC just knocked down you, it's a shit.
      3. well... a player could play with his status, stay close to being a KILLER or not.
      Killing for no reason? Lol, I literally have like no Player Kill Fame and I know you get lots of fame from killing players. And plus,since people want to avoid killer status so they aren't flagged all the time and can access cities, and you say they just need to get below 100 player kill points, they can remain at a 99 for as long as they want as long as they go on an expedition spam. You're intending to make the system of reputation busted, and I don't agree with anything that you say, which is pretty rare for me. And also, expedition spam can take away killer status? Check the HCE Admins thread if you want to know more about why you're going to get strangled for having this opinion lol.

Okay, so now that all of my steam is blown, I'm just going to say that the reputation system is fine as it is, and it is a fair reminder to gankers that it's clearly their fault they can't enter normal cities. Making them go on expeditions to add to their reputation is already done on a lesser and much more obsolete scale of killing the end boss to get some reputation. However, just requiring to go on one of them to leave killer status will basically be useless. You should know this by now.
    • Neu

Atkyns schrieb:

Atkyns schrieb:

1. You have to knock down 100 people SOLO if you want to actually pvp.2. Except for those royal village things with guards that can execute you.3. It is if they want to PvP.

There are plenty of reasons people kill:
      -loot
      -fun
      -contesting an objective
      and there is a penalty in the red zones, reputation.

Ah, so you want to restrict teamwork in a game about interacting with other players. Got it.
      1. It's PvP in the most tenuous sense. Certainly not the full loot PvP Albion advertises. Bad for the game.
      2. Fine. Safe-er. It's a zone that discourages nonconsensual PvP in the freaking black zone. Get a territory if you want that.
      3. OK, so now not only do I have to do a bunch of work to engage in full loot PvP, but now I have to do work before and after I do full loot PvP too.

Basically what you want is a massive nerf to ganking, and I strongly suspect that's intentional. Go be a carebear somewhere else please.
    • Neu

Windoen schrieb:

Killing for no reason? Lol, I literally have like no Player Kill Fame and I know you get lots of fame from killing players. And plus,since people want to avoid killer status so they aren't flagged all the time and can access cities, and you say they just need to get below 100 player kill points, they can remain at a 99 for as long as they want as long as they go on an expedition spam. You're intending to make the system of reputation busted, and I don't agree with anything that you say, which is pretty rare for me. And also, expedition spam can take away killer status? Check the HCE Admins thread if you want to know more about why you're going to get strangled for having this opinion lol.
      Okay, so now that all of my steam is blown, I'm just going to say that the reputation system is fine as it is, and it is a fair reminder to gankers that it's clearly their fault they can't enter normal cities. Making them go on expeditions to add to their reputation is already done on a lesser and much more obsolete scale of killing the end boss to get some reputation. However, just requiring to go on one of them to leave

Hi dude,

Referring about “killing for no reason” I mean for instance when a Zerg pass besides a gatherer they just stop and kill him (15 vs 1), just because they can. It’s ok but it should have consequences.

A more interesting game, not just restricting the access to certain cities.

And regarding to the 100 CRIMINAL points needed for being a KILLER... no no, I’m not talking about HCE spam, I’m talking about OP PvE activities.

• going to Fort Sterling and kill an amount of Ore creatures, then transport the material to another city.
      • or entering in a Morgan’s dungeon and kill an amount of mobs and maybe a challenging boss.
      PvE like that.

Also, maybe the numbers are not the best, I just throw a random number (100) but it could be... dunno 50? 25? just 10?

But no, I don’t think actual reputation system is ok, i believe the can improve it, do a better one, a more dynamic and interesting.
    • Neu

Atkyns schrieb:

Atkyns schrieb:

There are plenty of reasons people kill:-loot
      -fun
      -contesting an objective
      and there is a penalty in the red zones, reputation.

Ah, so you want to restrict teamwork in a game about interacting with other players. Got it.
      1. It's PvP in the most tenuous sense. Certainly not the full loot PvP Albion advertises. Bad for the game.
      2. Fine. Safe-er. It's a zone that discourages nonconsensual PvP in the freaking black zone. Get a territory if you want that.
      3. OK, so now not only do I have to do a bunch of work to engage in full loot PvP, but now I have to do work before and after I do full loot PvP too.

Basically what you want is a massive nerf to ganking, and I strongly suspect that's intentional. Go be a carebear somewhere else please.

Hi duderino,

Yeah, I understand killing players is pretty fun, but killing a solo player being part of a 25 Zerg is not fun, even some players of the blob can’t deal a single auto attack, the solo player will be dead before that happens.

I think your are not seeing my panorama, because I’m not pretending to play a care bear mechanics, I don’t like expeditions, I don’t like the mobs behavior, a direwolf should kill players, even the normal wolf, undead mobs also should have the ability to kill players...

Moreover, almost every single mob or creature should have the ability yo kill players, they are savage creatures not teddy bears... but devs change that because of care bears.

And again, I just throw a random numbers, ideas, it couldn’t be 100 but maybe 10 dunno.

So please, keep this on topic, throw your ideas and feedback because I’m not going anywhere, Albion should be a more challenging game, not just blob and blob.
    • Neu

Atkyns schrieb:

Windoen schrieb:

Okay, so now that all of my steam is blown, I'm just going to say that the reputation system is fine as it is, and it is a fair reminder to gankers that it's clearly their fault they can't enter normal cities. Making them go on expeditions to add to their reputation is already done on a lesser and much more obsolete scale of killing the end boss to get some reputation. However, just requiring to go on one of them to leave
      Hi dude,

Referring about “killing for no reason” I mean for instance when a Zerg pass besides a gatherer they just stop and kill him (15 vs 1), just because they can. It’s ok but it should have consequences.

A more interesting game, not just restricting the access to certain cities.

And regarding to the 100 CRIMINAL points needed for being a KILLER... no no, I’m not talking about HCE spam, I’m talking about OP PvE activities.

• going to Fort Sterling and kill an amount of Ore creatures, then transport the material to another city.
      • or entering in a Morgan’s dungeon and kill an amount of mobs and maybe a challenging boss.
      PvE like that.

Also, maybe the numbers are not the best, I just throw a random number (100) but it could be... dunno 50? 25? just 10?

But no, I don’t think actual reputation system is ok, i believe the can improve it, do a better one, a more dynamic and interesting.
      So you're saying maybe you can trade in faction points (see merlyn update) to take away criminal points? interesting... but i still think the normal rep system is okay as it is. intriguing idea, now that you've elaborated