Increased gathering fame in black zones.

  • Increased gathering fame in black zones.

    Hello folks of the Albion world.


    I believe that gathering in black zones should give an increased reward, Gatherers does not get any bonus for the increased risk when they gather in black zones, and I believe that there should be one.
    This would get the T4-6 people to go and gather in the black zones instead of camping yellow and red zones which are more safe. For example, a 20% bonus fame would be nice for people leveling their gathering tier.
  • tabooshka wrote:

    how is increased enchatment rates and mostly full nodes not an increased reward?

    You get more fame for gathering rarer nodes
    This is the correct answer.

    Its only stone gatherers who don't get any reward for the increased risk from going to Mercia.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • tabooshka wrote:

    how is increased enchatment rates and mostly full nodes not an increased reward?

    You get more fame for gathering rarer nodes
    You are correct that there is a higher possiblity for rares is some form of increased reward, but I feel like the risk is higher than the reward. And when people are leveling their gathering skill, this is even less true.
    I am also not only talking about Mercia. In Anglia, there is no increased rare spawn, and therefore it is a complete waste going to Anglia.
  • Stravanov wrote:


    Its only stone gatherers who don't get any reward for the increased risk from going to Mercia.
    I'm fairly certain that T5+ stone in blackzones (at least mercia) will occasionally give a proc of bonus fame (it shows the black zone symbol in parentheses), but I'm not 100% sure.

    And I agree with the other two posters that bz is fine for leveling gathering, as the enchanted nodes help you level much quicker. Even if you die and lose everything, they can't take the fame you gained.
    Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

    T8 Gatherer
    T7 Fishing
    700 Holy Spec
  • Fusionbomb wrote:

    Stravanov wrote:

    Its only stone gatherers who don't get any reward for the increased risk from going to Mercia.
    I'm fairly certain that T5+ stone in blackzones (at least mercia) will occasionally give a proc of bonus fame (it shows the black zone symbol in parentheses), but I'm not 100% sure.
    And this bonus fame isn't just the bonus fame you get when your gather bonus triggers?
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • After Merlyn update the only reason to go to black will be for T7/T8 gathering.

    The "best place in the world" to gather mid tier will be on the Royal Continent. They didn't define "mid tier" but I assume it's 4-6.

    So unless something changes the lower tier black zones probably won't have many gatherers.

    Eltharyon wrote:

    In addition to that, we’re improving the resource distribution to make these cities the best place in the world to gather mid-tier resources of their particular biome, particularly in their enchanted state.
  • Fooky wrote:

    After Merlyn update the only reason to go to black will be for T7/T8 gathering.

    The "best place in the world" to gather mid tier will be on the Royal Continent. They didn't define "mid tier" but I assume it's 4-6.

    So unless something changes the lower tier black zones probably won't have many gatherers.

    Eltharyon wrote:

    In addition to that, we’re improving the resource distribution to make these cities the best place in the world to gather mid-tier resources of their particular biome, particularly in their enchanted state.

    Unless you wanted enchanted resourses. Which you do. Which makes your point invalid.

    Your argument is only valid for Anglia. Not the other two continents that have higher enchantment rates.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • Stravanov wrote:

    Fooky wrote:

    After Merlyn update the only reason to go to black will be for T7/T8 gathering.

    The "best place in the world" to gather mid tier will be on the Royal Continent. They didn't define "mid tier" but I assume it's 4-6.

    So unless something changes the lower tier black zones probably won't have many gatherers.

    Eltharyon wrote:

    In addition to that, we’re improving the resource distribution to make these cities the best place in the world to gather mid-tier resources of their particular biome, particularly in their enchanted state.

    Unless you wanted enchanted resourses. Which you do. Which makes your point invalid.
    Your argument is only valid for Anglia. Not the other two continents that have higher enchantment rates.

    Read the quote, as part of the Merlyn update the "Best place in the world" will be the royal continent for MID TIER ENCHANTED RESOURCES

    Your argument makes it clear you didn't read the Merlyn notes.
  • Fooky wrote:

    Stravanov wrote:

    Fooky wrote:

    After Merlyn update the only reason to go to black will be for T7/T8 gathering.

    The "best place in the world" to gather mid tier will be on the Royal Continent. They didn't define "mid tier" but I assume it's 4-6.

    So unless something changes the lower tier black zones probably won't have many gatherers.

    Eltharyon wrote:

    In addition to that, we’re improving the resource distribution to make these cities the best place in the world to gather mid-tier resources of their particular biome, particularly in their enchanted state.

    Unless you wanted enchanted resourses. Which you do. Which makes your point invalid.Your argument is only valid for Anglia. Not the other two continents that have higher enchantment rates.
    Read the quote, as part of the Merlyn update the "Best place in the world" will be the royal continent for MID TIER ENCHANTED RESOURCES

    Your argument makes it clear you didn't read the Merlyn notes.
    I didn't even read your quote.

    I have a hard time believing that they'll actually make Mercia irrelevant for T5-6 materials. If this is indeed the case, then its a pretty fucking horrible design decision.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • Brannstrom wrote:

    CatFresh wrote:

    300k-1 mil an hour in silver.

    30k+ fame an hour.

    Can power level gathering and get around 60k fame an hour if done right.

    No need for change.
    You have actually changed my mind. May I ask you what kind of gatherer you are, and what tier you are?
    Shoot me a message on here or in game and i'll gladly teach you what I do. I have about a 90% success of getting back to town on gathering trips using a T6 horse. If I did direwolf gathering that success rate would easily go up.

    discord.gg/nkNjF3y

    or join the discord
    Always looking for new friends to play with. Feel free to add me IGN: Catfresh