rotten ground update

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Would have been nice if they left in the damage vs mobs, but made it take away resistances vs players. A much better balance change imo.

In general though a lot of this patch looked like it was specifically to hinder HCE.

1) They nerfed stalker boots invis for skips,
      2) Nerfed food which reduces everyone's damage/survivability
      3) Blazing hit yet again + druid robe hit
      4) Cultist sandals for pulling mobs/additional threat while luring
      5) Stalker hood's pierce which is huge in hce
      6) Judicator armor, one of the most popular tank defensives for them
      7) Every single build that uses an offhand

Obviously some of these were needed to balance GvGs, but most are specifically just appear to be a giant middle finger to HCEs
    • Midgard schrieb:

Good. HCEs needed the middle finger.
      I genuinely don't understand the animosity people have towards HCEs. In order to have a healthy game you need to keep both the PvP and PvE focused crowds happy as well as have ways for newer players to become relevant. Newer players starting out the game need to have places to gain in strength to become viable in PvP. If you throw them immediately to the wolves giving them no places to get reasonable amounts of fame in order to become relevant in fights without getting curbstomped by large alliances with people up 3 tiers just from spec, they will just quit. Plenty of PvE focused players play the HCEs then eventually wonder hey why don't I try out PvP it looks like it could be fun.

HCEs likely give the PvP focused players MORE people to fight as they give newer players an introduction into the game and a way to become relevant and have a fighting chance before venturing into PvP areas. Blue/yellow zones are absolutely terrible in terms of actual progression, making HCEs the only accessible place for newer players to become PvP capable in any sort of reasonable time. People who just HCE and refuse to leave caerleon would just not play if HCEs didn't exist, so it's not like PvP players are losing targets due to the existence of HCEs, they're just gaining players to interact with in other ways.

Additionally HCEs give an actual use for end game gear for the common player. Maybe 0.5% of the population can afford to actually PvP regularly in end game gear. The existence of HCEs let the average player also use really good gear and equipment that they wouldnt otherwise ever be able to afford fighting in. This gives them something to work towards and a way to progress. Heck they might even go out and PvP in order to earn money to buy end game gear to do HCEs in. Yet another way that HCEs could increase the overall amount of players PvPing.

If you removed HCEs all you would really do is make a lot of people who aren't ready yet to PvP quit, as well as greatly reduce how many newer players come to the game and eventually starting PvPing. Open world rewards are already better with a coordinated group now that tomes are a thing anyways (although I do personally think open world fame should be buffed slightly to bring it more in line with the higher level HCEs).

tabooshka schrieb:

isnt resistance reduction better for HCE than dmg on cultist anyway? rofl
      4) Cultist sandals for pulling mobs/additional threat while luring
    • Think about this, cultist were one of maybe 3 boots with offensive capability, the only ones with actual dmg output. Also, it was a s*** ton of damage! Clearly unbalanced.
      If you are really just worried about keeping aggro you should be asking for one of the plate boot pieces to have an added taunt option, guardian maybe? Not for them to leave this broken skill.

Additionally, this is still a significant skill, that armor shread and heal reduction still allow marked targets to be taken down much easier in a team fight while preventing a single player from using these to spew extra aoe dmg around the field when his build shouldn't be able to.

There is a video somewhere of someone using these to win a duel without a weapon which clearly shouldn't be a thing.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von IkeHyran ()

• Kantos schrieb:

If you removed HCEs all you would really do is make a lot of people who aren't ready yet to PvP quit, as well as greatly reduce how many newer players come to the game and eventually starting PvPing.
      Also, this is just false.
      What it would really do is just make them stay and farm in the yellow zones until they were ready. As it should be. There is even a raid zone in the yellow, did you know that? I bet you didn't since you have been sitting in town.
      What it would really do is make people pony up to pvp faster since they would have to deal with it to get better rewards.
      And people wouldn't be scared away from joining the game marketed as open world with full loot pvp because it didn't have instance dungeons.
    • Midgard schrieb:

Kantos schrieb:

I genuinely don't understand the animosity people have towards HCEs
      Because they are high reward and risk free in a full loot PvP game? Im happy to have PvE content. Just dont instance it.
      They aren't risk free? The high level HCEs that are actually high reward cost upwards of a mil each and to run them require gear that comes with repair fees that are often similar in cost than sets people will farm in.

IkeHyran schrieb:

Kantos schrieb:

If you removed HCEs all you would really do is make a lot of people who aren't ready yet to PvP quit, as well as greatly reduce how many newer players come to the game and eventually starting PvPing.
      Also, this is just false.What it would really do is just make them stay and farm in the yellow zones until they were ready. As it should be. There is even a raid zone in the yellow, did you know that? I bet you didn't since you have been sitting in town.
      What it would really do is make people pony up to pvp faster since they would have to deal with it to get better rewards.
      And people wouldn't be scared away from joining the game marketed as open world with full loot pvp because it didn't have instance dungeons.
      Farming in yellow zones is absolutely garbage progression speed though. Many players if that was their only option would quit out of boredom because it is way too slow. Yes I did know there is a yellow raid zone, the fame there is absolutely god awful, so if you were actually trying to gain fame to progress/become relevant that would be a terrible place to do so. I have over 10x your PvP fame, but yeah I've never left town.

People being scared away from joining a PvP game because there's options to progress that don't mandate the ability of experienced/established players to curb stomp you before you become able to fight back? Seriously?
    • @Kantos
      Some of us are a bit irate at expeditions in general amd HCE was a giant middle finger to us, metaphorically speaking.

And thought I have said it every time I see this misunderstanding pop up....we used to have really fun dungeons and raids during the first beta, most of this was never reimplemented in galahad. Pve was no longer so great. Now it it so mich worse that I actually miss the galahad dgs. Now all that fame is locked up in a moba style portal. In town. They removed portals that were actually fun from dungeons and there are very few on the RC. No solo dgs in yellow. The dgs support a specific party layout. The variety of party sizes that work is much more limited.

And they did state many times that portal style dungeons was harmful to their vision of the game so.....

There are no great hub style dungeons with layered difficulty that allows for decent solo fame while looking for a group in dungeon (necropolis). Its a long list. And the fame is pretty terrible in yellow zone dungeons so yeah no where anymore for newbs or really anyone who wants to kill a short time pveing in the open world on the RC. And what 3 rz solo dgs? Is that a joke or something?

Bz solo dgs are decent. 5 person dgs are too. Not somewhere i can stay in at all times pending whats up in rl as there are no towns to park in. And staying close to portals is usually annoying.

So yeah....get rid of expeditions and bring back decent OW pve.....anytime now.....
    • The point I'm trying to make is that when the devs first made the game, the intention of safe activities was solely to get people to the point where they could reasonably complete in pvp. It wasn't initially even possible to level t6 without being in a pvp zone. The idea being that once people reached that point they would get the message "hey, you have gotten some practice, move on to the main game." If they didn't, they would have a slow and painful time trying to progress any further.
      Now it is entirely possible, even practical to max out, and make good money I might add, without even stepping foot into a pvp zone. This is far from the initial mission of the game and just doesn't seem right.

Also, yeah, as Raithe said, OW pve used to be much more fun and have much more variety. They promised us that this would return but instead dumped their resources into these sad excuses for instance dungeons right after removing grotto and necro portals claiming that instances hurt the game.
      So forgive our salt but many people would agree it is not without warrant.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von IkeHyran ()

• no seriously,

i made 5,5 million pvp fame with warbow ganking before i took a half year break
      and there was no hce back then.

i came back and there was hce, it turned out to be pretty efficient to skill smth else,
      so im rly thankful for it to be of some use in bigger fights)

it may be boring for some, and too expensive for others,
      but... mhhh.. well see you on the battlefields) xaxa
    • @Kantos couldn't be more wrong about HCEs. Save for the very small amount of new players that are wallet warriors, most aren't going to be able to come up with the funds to run HCEs. Even if SBI entertains the, "HCEs likely give PVP focused players more people to fight" argument, it can't be ignored that this type of PvE content doesn't prepare them for pvp content.

I myself fame exclusively in HCEs now. Why would I want to fame with a bunch of monkeys in the open world when I can drop a bit of silver for fame in safety? This has eliminated most of the challenge in faming as you no longer have to compete for fame with other players, but rather memorize a few bland, boring HCE maps and grind away. This can be felt in the open world too, as the few fame groups I have touched post HCE release have disbanded immediately at threat of being killed. Past are the days when we would put zvz sets in territories and never surrender our dungeons.

To say that HCEs include a "risk" factor is hardly honest as well. Competent groups can get through even high level maps consistently without having a down across the group. Even in those instances where less experienced players HCE, a few downs is usually a fraction of the cost of a 6.1 set which used to be the standard for faming open world.