CORE Cursed Mage problems [vote up for curse suggestions]

• vashangelarm schrieb:

try kee[ing ur guild together deadgoat. if u understood the highest form of gameplay u would still see its viable. stick to your red zone pvp redsaw. try forming a gvg team before you can comment on what meta is. Demonic effects every type of hot as long as ur team is vs nature demonic works. every guild that is at highest game play has a demonic waiting
      Aside from you doing a little bit of research about me specifically, all i heard was "But demonic!" I already said, demonic is OKAY. The title of this thread is cursed staffs as a whole. Don't lose perspective vashangelarm else you might find yourself lost.
    • vashangelarm schrieb:

try kee[ing ur guild together deadgoat. if u understood the highest form of gameplay u would still see its viable. stick to your red zone pvp redsaw. try forming a gvg team before you can comment on what meta is. Demonic effects every type of hot as long as ur team is vs nature demonic works. every guild that is at highest game play has a demonic waiting
      Please show me a high level (as in top Guilds) gvg fight from the last few weeks where a demonic or any curse staff is used.
      I ain't leaving withour your soul and I am sober this time.
    • Seeing that cursed staffs generally aren't really used much (noone in my guild does), it seems this thread has some merit.

It would be nice to have at least some form of confirmation from SBI.

Either a "You're right, cursed is too weak, we're working on it!" or a "Sorry, we think cursed is fine.". Either way, please don't leave us hangin'.
      Some People - wir rekrutieren
    • Neu

Tabor schrieb:

It should be uncleansable but AOE is a bit much!
      If it were AE it would have to be much weaker IMO.

But we have to remember that for Death Curse to do max damage requires us to stack 4 curses (8 seconds) with none falling off and the player remaining in close range. The player has to cast death curse which is 1 second. And the player has to wait 2 seconds for the death curse to actually activate.

That is a TON of prep work for a cloth user regardless if it's cleansable or not. Especially when you consider the only defensive tool they bothered to give Warlocks is effectively worse than the pre-buff Frost Nova that has been buffed several times at this point.

Desecrate desperately needs the frost nova treatment. Doesn't need to be a blink.. but it being worth using wouldn't hurt.
    • Neu

IMO making it death curse AOE and unpurgeable would make it viable for 5v5s, along with a slight buff to the Q, at least range to 11m and some damage, duration or utility.
      [url='https://tinyurl.com/y7d4nfx5']AO Quick Reference Guide[/url]

Referral Key: https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

Trial Keys: PM at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 on https://discord.gg/dcH32z
    • Neu

May as well post this here as it'll get discussed sooner or later:

Cursed Staffs:

• Dark Matter (New W-slot spell)
        • Casts a Dark Matter onto an enemy target. This matter keeps jumpig to the closest enemy in a 7m radius for up to 10 times. Dealing magic damage to every enemy it passes through. The spell can't hit the same enemy twice in a row, but keeps jumping back and forth if at least two enemies are in range.
        • Cast time: 1.2s
        • Cast Range: 11m
        • Cooldown: 20s

It sounds like an interesting skill and I can't wait to see how much damage it actually does. I'm a bit concerned that it would need to be quite powerful to be used over armor pierce though as hitting those same handful of targets with this bouncing AE would probably be better hit with an armor pierce and everyone kill them.
    • Neu

Just increase duration on vile curses. Let it actually play out like DoT classes do in other mmorpgs, in stead of these weird super short duration DoTs that we have in Albion Online.

This allows for more interesting E-designs. A debuff that increases damage taken by the target of a Vile Curse depending on the number of Vile Curses on him. Or simply a damage ability that places a new DoT on targets with a Vile Curse on that deals damage depending on the number of Vile Curses on him.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • Neu

Unfortunately this new W is another ZvZ feature skill and does not assist the curse problem being relevant in 2v2 or 5v5 situations. Nice to have another W choice but I think most of us having been hoping for core fixes such as vile range, vile duration, and bomb being easily countered by just about everything. Cleanse should be for removing CC not removing damage.
    • Neu

Tabor schrieb:

Unfortunately this new W is another ZvZ feature skill and does not assist the curse problem being relevant in 2v2 or 5v5 situations. Nice to have another W choice but I think most of us having been hoping for core fixes such as vile range, vile duration, and bomb being easily countered by just about everything. Cleanse should be for removing CC not removing damage.
      I'm not convinced the W will work in ZvZ. It bounces to the closest enemy, so it's not going to leave a trail of destruction or anything. I can already hit 10 people with Armor Piercer and then they take more damage from the other incoming hits. Add that to the fact that curse Es aren't that great already for ZvZ and I see no reason to take a cursed staff to a big fight.
    • Neu

Fred_the_Barbarian schrieb:

Tabor schrieb:

I'm not convinced the W will work in ZvZ. It bounces to the closest enemy, so it's not going to leave a trail of destruction or anything. I can already hit 10 people with Armor Piercer and then they take more damage from the other incoming hits. Add that to the fact that curse Es aren't that great already for ZvZ and I see no reason to take a cursed staff to a big fight.
      This is exactly my concern as well. It will need to do substantial damage to outweigh the benefits of armor piercer and that just doesn't seem likely. Especially in ZvZ where it may very well hit 10 different targets instead of pinging between 5 or less.

I was holding out hope that Cursed Skull would see some play with its changes but the damage is just so bad.
    • Neu

Well, Retroman stated there would be more changes incoming, so let's hope that the Vile Curse will be changed for Merlyn.

I for one am only mildly interested in the new W Spell. Armor Piercer is already a strong spell and I even like Grudge vor 1vs1 or 2vs2 situations (mind you, I only play OW-PvP).
      So I didn't really see the need for another W-Spell - other than more choice always being better, of course.

Reading the description for Dark Matter I wonder where we will use it. Since its radius is only 7m, it would only work against stacked targets - which is highly situational, except in PvE.

I would really prefer some tweaks to Vile Curse...
      Some People - wir rekrutieren
    • Neu

Larec schrieb:

I for one am only mildly interested in the new W Spell. Armor Piercer is already a strong spell and I even like Grudge vor 1vs1 or 2vs2 situations (mind you, I only play OW-PvP).
      So I didn't really see the need for another W-Spell - other than more choice always being better, of course.
      idk why curse fanatics always whining ?

looks like it's a nice pure damage skill, if few ppl going drop it into enemies it can make serious dmg
      - armor pierce W cant be stacked, new W can be stacked
      - grudge requires continuous attacking, new W = cast and forget

so pls stop crying and w8 for changes