CORE Cursed Mage problems [vote up for curse suggestions]

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Coonery schrieb:

Reduce the cooldown on Cursed Sickle by atleast 0.4 - 0.7 seconds and it will actually feel like an impactful skill
      I'm honestly quite comfortable with it currently but I wouldn't be opposed to a slightly shorter cooldown. Another option would be to maybe increase the cooldown to 4 seconds but make it a boomerang and hit going both directions. The problem with that may be it would nullify the use of the other Q completely. Even an adjustment like you proposed could make people stop using the other Q.
    • Nvs1980 schrieb:

Coonery schrieb:

Reduce the cooldown on Cursed Sickle by atleast 0.4 - 0.7 seconds and it will actually feel like an impactful skill
      I'm honestly quite comfortable with it currently but I wouldn't be opposed to a slightly shorter cooldown. Another option would be to maybe increase the cooldown to 4 seconds but make it a boomerang and hit going both directions. The problem with that may be it would nullify the use of the other Q completely. Even an adjustment like you proposed could make people stop using the other Q.
      i dont think so obviously the single target Q is easier to land with a shorter cooldown, the thing is Cursed Sickle is Currently a Skill-shot and if u miss 1 or 2 of them ur damage completely disappears
    • u see there is something called scaling. ur 60 spec curse is dog shyt. 400 spec curse dominates does tons of dmg im using it right now and made over 80 million silver killing kids in 2v2s hellgates in 4-5 days

if u gusy think ur gunna do well with ur 60 70 spec gear ur crazy this games been out for a year already and 25% are 400 spec cuzz of these hce. get with the program or forever be dog shyt
    • vashangelarm schrieb:

u see there is something called scaling. ur 60 spec curse is dog shyt. 400 spec curse dominates does tons of dmg im using it right now and made over 80 million silver killing kids in 2v2s hellgates in 4-5 days

if u gusy think ur gunna do well with ur 60 70 spec gear ur crazy this games been out for a year already and 25% are 400 spec cuzz of these hce. get with the program or forever be dog shyt
      60 additional item power does not make something go from 'dog shyt' as you call it, to 'domination'.

Not to mention that another Warlock user who is 400/400 has also chimed in.
    • LOL - not to mention, 2v2 hellgates are IP capped so it's not even an extra 60IP from your offspecs, it's only +30 if you're over the cap.

The real reason Curse is viable in 2v2 hellgates is because of the IP cap, making sustain a more viable strategy than the current burst meta you see in 5v5 GvGs which are not IP capped. This is also why you see it is viable to run 2 healer comps in royal continent GvGs, also IP capped.

At the highest levels of the game, uncapped 5v5 GvGs, the changes made it viable, but definitely not S tier, and still outclassed by a lot of weapons. MG is one of the high level teams trying to make demonic work, and they are losing more than they're winning.
      [url='https://tinyurl.com/y7d4nfx5']AO Quick Reference Guide[/url]

Referral Key: https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

Trial Keys: PM at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 on https://discord.gg/dcH32z
    • Tazzik schrieb:

Grimhawke-EB schrieb:

At the highest levels of the game, uncapped 5v5 GvGs, the changes made it viable, but definitely not S tier, and still outclassed by a lot of weapons. MG is one of the high level teams trying to make demonic work, and they are losing more than they're winning.
      stop flaming me
      Hey man, I'm just trying to get more buffs for curse so you can beat logic's team.
      [url='https://tinyurl.com/y7d4nfx5']AO Quick Reference Guide[/url]

Referral Key: https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

Trial Keys: PM at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 on https://discord.gg/dcH32z
    • letwolf schrieb:

1. Short duration of vile curse = 6 sec. That means, cursed very vulnerable to lose their full-stack of Vile Curses on target when they just walk away/jump for at least 4 seconds.
      2. Small damage and bad scaling of damage of vile curse =~ 50 dmg / 2 second at 1000 item power. on max stack its 200 every 2 sec, or 100 / sec which is too small.
      3. Cursed Sickle good skill but horribly long CD! 4 seconds is too much, especially taking into consideration p.1 - only 6 sec duration of vile curses, so if 1 cursed sickle missed - you guaranteedly lose ALL stacks on target. So not usable in zvz/pvp
      4. Why Vile curses/ cursed sickles do not apply heal & armor reduction ? Even axes bleeding do healing reduction and have much more damage. Cursed is debuffer class !! Need something really "debuffing"!
      5. Death Curse (E skill of basic cursed staff) very easy to avoid,provides a ton of time to react and it is even REFLECTABLE. SUGGESTION: make bomb detonation manual (after 3 sec of application bomb is ready and user detonates it by second pressing on E skill button)
      6. Cursed Beam very useless and low damaging W, must be changed

and, of course, RANGE low 8m on single-targeted vile curse spell, what makes curse effectively melee range caster ( spears have more range on max. Spirit Spear stacks).

Sorry as someone who mains on dagger pair what you are asking for seems insane.

1. Compare it do dagger stacks (melee applied only)
      2 It is applied damage that you don't have to be around for, similar to poison thorns on the nature tree, but instant cast. Making kite casting easy to keep up stacks (again you can keep these up at range)
      3. You have an AOE putting stacks on all enemies in your path... say you catch 4 enemies, effectively you have stacked up 4 people in one second, more than you can do with single target Q (daggers have no AOE Q)
      4. Daggers have resist break, but no tick damage or anti heal, again, you can apply these from range, heal reduction or armor reduction is insanity.
      5. You want to be able to cast the stacks, with the ability to one shot someone, once more, at range... So can I do that with my dagger pair slit throat too? Just press E one they are stacked to blow them up. Sounds crazy right?
      6. Cursed beam is poop. Agreed. Compare it with the frost beam and rip. But at least you have Dark Matter now opop ^^

Range has been improved now, but again, curse is an incredible high damage kite caster. You do not need to stand still, you can stack up and keep moving. That is the main power. What you are asking for would simply make curse incredible overpowered and massively unbalanced.
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^
    • Khladraven schrieb:

letwolf schrieb:

1. Short duration of vile curse = 6 sec. That means, cursed very vulnerable to lose their full-stack of Vile Curses on target when they just walk away/jump for at least 4 seconds.
      2. Small damage and bad scaling of damage of vile curse =~ 50 dmg / 2 second at 1000 item power. on max stack its 200 every 2 sec, or 100 / sec which is too small.
      3. Cursed Sickle good skill but horribly long CD! 4 seconds is too much, especially taking into consideration p.1 - only 6 sec duration of vile curses, so if 1 cursed sickle missed - you guaranteedly lose ALL stacks on target. So not usable in zvz/pvp
      4. Why Vile curses/ cursed sickles do not apply heal & armor reduction ? Even axes bleeding do healing reduction and have much more damage. Cursed is debuffer class !! Need something really "debuffing"!
      5. Death Curse (E skill of basic cursed staff) very easy to avoid,provides a ton of time to react and it is even REFLECTABLE. SUGGESTION: make bomb detonation manual (after 3 sec of application bomb is ready and user detonates it by second pressing on E skill button)
      6. Cursed Beam very useless and low damaging W, must be changed

and, of course, RANGE low 8m on single-targeted vile curse spell, what makes curse effectively melee range caster ( spears have more range on max. Spirit Spear stacks).
      Sorry as someone who mains on dagger pair what you are asking for seems insane.

1. Compare it do dagger stacks (melee applied only)
      2 It is applied damage that you don't have to be around for, similar to poison thorns on the nature tree, but instant cast. Making kite casting easy to keep up stacks (again you can keep these up at range)
      3. You have an AOE putting stacks on all enemies in your path... say you catch 4 enemies, effectively you have stacked up 4 people in one second, more than you can do with single target Q (daggers have no AOE Q)
      4. Daggers have resist break, but no tick damage or anti heal, again, you can apply these from range, heal reduction or armor reduction is insanity.
      5. You want to be able to cast the stacks, with the ability to one shot someone, once more, at range... So can I do that with my dagger pair slit throat too? Just press E one they are stacked to blow them up. Sounds crazy right?
      6. Cursed beam is poop. Agreed. Compare it with the frost beam and rip. But at least you have Dark Matter now opop ^^

Range has been improved now, but again, curse is an incredible high damage kite caster. You do not need to stand still, you can stack up and keep moving. That is the main power. What you are asking for would simply make curse incredible overpowered and massively unbalanced.
      1.) This was already changed last patch, so not sure what you want to compare it to dagger for?
      2.) It also has a short range to offset many of the things you mentioned. Kiting also isn't possible because it still has a stand time on the Q and the kit has no movement skill or realistic option to stop opponents. The only option is desecrate (lol) or a passive (lol).
      3.) 1 stack of curse hits for like 50 damage every 2 seconds. The damage is inconsequential until you get 4 stacks which would take ~12 seconds to apply with Sickle.
      4.) Daggers do have anti-heal. If you don't use it then start a dagger thread asking for an improvement.
      5.) While Daggers don't have much in the way of range, you do have a dash on an incredibly short cooldown allowing you to easily close to melee range nullifying most people's ability to kite or any range advantage they had. Especially in the case of curse.

Yes, Warlock and Dagger are different. I'm not sure anyone in their right mind would try and argue daggers are weak because of how common they are. Warlock on the other hand is still mostly irrelevant.

Kiting is also something of a myth in Albion Online for many classes. Yes Vile Curse is instant cast, but it still has a stand time just like Poison Arrow for a Bow player has a stand time. But with half the range and no access to a way to escape or impede other players, there's no realistic way to actually kite with a Warlock staff. Even if the user equipped Desecrate for their W skill, it's a laughable excuse for a defensive skill and could hardly be considered a 'kiting' tool.

Warlock doesn't need much to get it where it needs to be at this point. Sure, a secondary debuff attached to curses would be nice if for no other reason than to make Warlock more viable in normal PvE fame farms. Right now your target is often dead long before you could get 4 stacks up. But is it needed? Probably not because with the AE meta to PvE right now, your armor debuff is often the only reason you're invited to begin with.

But an improvement to desecrate would be nice so Warlocks had an adequate defensive tool just like the other DPS oriented staffs got. It would be nice if Dark Matter were stronger, especially in PvE because nothing lasts long enough for DOTs to work. A change to Cursed Beam would be great, again, to help with PvE DPS if nothing else. Some of the various E skills could also use slight adjustments to their cast times or cooldowns. Lifecurse and Great Curse for example.

The goal isn't to force Warlock back into the meta. It's only to help nudge it back into relevancy as right now it's mostly a bottom of the barrel weapon (but not outright useless like many others).
    • I never said daggers were weak, I was simply drawing a comparison. Stack based weapon with a nuke E. You read waaay too far into that buddy... you also severely misunderstood my point, and distorted those points I was making rather badly because of it.

Kiting is something of a myth? Don't really know what to say to that lol. I mean I believe that comment is wrong... but, yeah.

Defensive for warlocks come with the armor you combine with it, there are many strong options for defense and mobility, or offense to ensure landing of your E. Dark matter needs no buff, its a PvP skill and it does incredible damage. Maybe separate values for mobs, but even then, it's only a W skill. No need for a buff in my opinion. I've also seen builds incorporate desecrate very effectively. But being that it is around the user, it is quite a weird skill.

As for it being a bottom of the barrel weapon... It remains one of the strongest solo PvP weapons with the right build, and iv'e seen curse used with deadly effect in 5v5 Hell gates since the last patch.
    • Khladraven schrieb:

I never said daggers were weak, I was simply drawing a comparison. Stack based weapon with a nuke E. You read waaay too far into that buddy... you also severely misunderstood my point, and distorted those points I was making rather badly because of it.

Kiting is something of a myth? Don't really know what to say to that lol. I mean I believe that comment is wrong... but, yeah.

Defensive for warlocks come with the armor you combine with it, there are many strong options for defense and mobility, or offense to ensure landing of your E. Dark matter needs no buff, its a PvP skill and it does incredible damage. Maybe separate values for mobs, but even then, it's only a W skill. No need for a buff in my opinion. I've also seen builds incorporate desecrate very effectively. But being that it is around the user, it is quite a weird skill.

As for it being a bottom of the barrel weapon... It remains one of the strongest solo PvP weapons with the right build, and iv'e seen curse used with deadly effect in 5v5 Hell gates since the last patch.
      Then yes, I didn't understand the point you were trying to make with your comparison between daggers and warlock.

As for kiting being a myth, the point I was making is that every melee in the game has either a movement or a movement impairing skill to counter the range advantage in this game. In turn, most ranged classes therefor have a defensive skill of some type to nullify that. Obviously there are armor options too, but they are often countered by the opponents armor options. Ultimately, the weapon itself needs a viable defensive option and desecrate isn't it.

Now as for Dark Matter, I disagree with your assessment of it being a strong PvP ability. But it just came out and I don't GvG, so my oppurtunities to use it may not be ideal. If you say it's better in GvG, I'll defer to your judgement. But I've only seen one person use it since it came out, and only seen Warlock used semi-consistently on one team. But I can only base that on the streams and videos posted as I don't GvG. But as for its damage being increased, I was speaking strictly for PvE as it currently is designed to do less damage in PVE for some reason. When you consider the poor choice of general PvE/FF staffs (None of the artifact Es stack, demonic does effectively no damage, and most pulls are dead before great cursed would tick a full stack) and the opportunity cost associated with it (losing Armor Pierce) it should do reasonable damage in PvE.

As for the staffs ranking, players post weapon rankings on a rather regular basis on reddit and Warlock staffs are quite far down the list. But the last ranking was only 1 week after the patch. We'll see how it improves over this season.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Nvs1980 ()

• Nvs1980 schrieb:

As for kiting being a myth, the point I was making is that every melee in the game has either a movement or a movement impairing skill to counter the range advantage in this game. In turn, most ranged classes therefor have a defensive skill of some type to nullify that. Obviously there are armor options too, but they are often countered by the opponents armor options. Ultimately, the weapon itself needs a viable defensive option and desecrate isn't it.
      Also casters typically have reduced mobility, but are very strong in a group setting, so it balances out. Typically kiting sacrifices a major portion of damage.

However:
      Fire staffs - Fire wall - Allows spacing back and/or cutting off a choke to create space.
      Frost staffs - Frost Nova - Huge spacing blink with strong CC.
      Arcane staffs - Arcane Purge - Allows for the removal of speed buffs, with strong versatility outside of that.
      Holy staffs - Enlightenment - Small movement speed increase with increase healing. Great holy also holds a knockback, and all staffs have knockback passive
      Curse staffs - Desecrate - Very short, low range AOE root around player position.

It is fair to say that with the selection on W abilities on staffs for mobility and spacing, the Curse definitely holds the weakest. Especially considering the update to frost nova.

Perhaps this would be an opportunity for something interesting... Potential new W skills to replace desecrate?:

• Fade - Similar to desecrate, it roots enemies around the user, and applies a stealth for (x) seconds.
      • Fiendish shriek - Similar to howl on the leather hoods but single target only, this would apply a fear for a similar duration to shadow edge.
      • Dark Embrace - Similar to frost armors this causes aggressors to be slowed, or possibly the next (x) attacks on you will cause fear for 1 second in retaliation.
      Not sure if those fear points are overpowered, but any would certainly be interesting, and perhaps provide more versatility to the weapon class.
    • Khladraven schrieb:

To be fair, curse also has the hit and run passive. So you do have increased mobility at higher tiers.
      hit & run is actually really bad after the nerf imo no worth in most situations (gvg) just utilize the new range and try to always be max range, curse takes a lot more positioning skill than other weapons
      i stream and post videos on the internet
      twitch.tv/Tazzik
      youtube.com/SeanTazzik
    • Tazzik schrieb:

Khladraven schrieb:

To be fair, curse also has the hit and run passive. So you do have increased mobility at higher tiers.
      hit & run is actually really bad after the nerf imo no worth in most situations (gvg) just utilize the new range and try to always be max range, curse takes a lot more positioning skill than other weapons
      Yeah in GvG/HG's I know it is not the used option, but I still see it in use a lot for open world/solo play. I believe that's what thee boys were talking about given the conversation. Out of interest, what passive do you use typically in GvG's @Tazzik