CORE Cursed Mage problems [vote up for curse suggestions]

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Sinuous schrieb:

Coonery schrieb:

just tried my new Double Bomb Theory 1h Curse Staff build, Stacked 4 stacks on 3 people double bombed one people then pressured the last person with E in Hell gates, got cape cleansed out of my damage twice, then the last guy almost killed me with reflect..just saying 60+ spec on 1h and i still felt useless as fuck
      How are you stacking 4 stacks on 3 people? They clumped so you can hit them all with one sickle? Maintaining 4 stacks on three people with standard vile curse has got to be tough even with the merlyn changes.
      What do you mean by double bomb? Your team has two 1H curse players?
      with the max CD build its pretty easy to stack on multiple people with Q
    • Sinuous schrieb:

Coonery schrieb:

just tried my new Double Bomb Theory 1h Curse Staff build, Stacked 4 stacks on 3 people double bombed one people then pressured the last person with E in Hell gates, got cape cleansed out of my damage twice, then the last guy almost killed me with reflect..just saying 60+ spec on 1h and i still felt useless as fuck
      How are you stacking 4 stacks on 3 people? They clumped so you can hit them all with one sickle? Maintaining 4 stacks on three people with standard vile curse has got to be tough even with the merlyn changes.
      What do you mean by double bomb? Your team has two 1H curse players?

Its 1h curse staff with Assassins hood and mist caller, u can get ALOT of damage off with double E since ur E gets pretty much reset with assassins hood. also with this build ur vile curse Q goes down to like 1.5 seconds or less. This way u can keep 4+ stacks of vile on at least 3 targets if they are within range or dont dodge roll ur Q.

PROBLEM IS!!!!! all that damage doesnt matter when Fort Sterling Cape Removes ur E, Roll Dodges ur E, Cleric Robe Blocks ur E, Soldier helm and Cleric Cowl block ur E, Hunter Hood / Deflecting Spin / Demon Armor does double damage to yourself, Trinity Spear Dodges ur E, Shadow Edge Dodges ur E, Arcane and Nature Healing Cleanse ur E, Merc Hood cleanses your E, Locus Removes your E, Fallen Staff removes your E, and lets not forget Giga Pots, Guardian Boots and any resistance buff.
    • I feel nerfing the damage would not be necessary. As has been mentioned about even with removing the bomb from being cleansable there still is tons of options to block or reflect the bomb. Additional to get bomb to max damage the curse player has to spend about 15 seconds if you count the time to stack Qs, bomb cast time, and time it takes for explosion after cast. All that time the curse has to play relatively close to harms way.
    • Btw if any developers can say about anything for future of curse i will decide to respec or wait for the buff.(only usefull for HCE right now)

400/400 curse is here but its nearly "useless" right now.

I really regret to choose curse when i started to game.

Now Faming up boltcaster and 1h xbow.

@Retroman @Korn

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Arqe ()

• FYI, 1h curse is the 24th most used weapon in GvG, and Demonic holds a 26th place.

This is better than most weapons in the game currently.

I'm not sure how these ranks would be if you sorted by "class" of weapons. I'm too lazy to do it atm.

Source
      docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d…oZDHQ/edit#gid=2037982189
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • Stravanov schrieb:

FYI, 1h curse is the 24th most used weapon in GvG, and Demonic holds a 26th place.

I'm not sure how these ranks would be if you sorted by "class" of weapons. I'm too lazy to do it atm.

Source
      lol in what world is 24th and 26th place good?

Changes to vile curse range and duration brought curse from being completely out of the meta to at least being viable, but even tazzik who's using it for some of MGs GvGs admits it's not s-tier
      [url='https://tinyurl.com/y7d4nfx5']AO Quick Reference Guide[/url]

Referral Key: https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

Trial Keys: PM at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 on https://discord.gg/dcH32z
    • Grimhawke-EB schrieb:

Stravanov schrieb:

FYI, 1h curse is the 24th most used weapon in GvG, and Demonic holds a 26th place.

Source
      lol in what world is 24th and 26th place good?
      Changes to vile curse range and duration brought curse from being completely out of the meta to at least being viable, but even tazzik who's using it for some of MGs GvGs admits it's not s-tier
      Try to read what you're replying to.

I didn't say it's "good". I said its "better than most weapons in the game".

Obviously its bad in the current meta. The current meta is about burst. Curse is more of a sustained damage multiple target pressure weapon. Such a weapon won't be very successful until some team decides to win fights by sustained damage in stead of burst damage.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • tabooshka schrieb:

Grimhawke-EB schrieb:

admits it's not s-tier
      When weapon is not in S tier its in a very good state.

One more buff and it becomes op as fuck
      It's not A, B, or even C tier either. We're no where close to Warlock becoming 'OP as fuck' and no one is asking for that.

All people want is desecrate to be improved to a viable defensive skill that the other staffs each have instead of the subpar spell it is today. SBI should already know it's absolute shit because of all the work they did to Frost Nova. Even before Frost Nova was buffed, it was better than Desecrate.

Beyond that, a little improvement to some of the E skills mostly in the way of cast times or cooldowns.

If they are feeling particularly generous, perhaps even a slight change to Cursed Beam to make it useful wouldn't hurt. But I acknowledge asking for any weapon to have an assortment of actually viable W skill options may be asking too much.
    • tabooshka schrieb:

i guess we are playing different games, in a game I play curse staffs are pretty good for pvp
      Then we're playing different games because here in Albion Online they are so far removed from the meta their actual presence in PvP is met with shock and awe because of how rare they are. This doesn't mean they're awful, but it's hard to deny they aren't bottom of the barrel. Especially when the stats were provided above.

Why are you so opposed to Desecrate being improved? I know you aren't honestly trying to argue that it's good, but are you trying to argue that 'not all W skills need to be good'? Because those are really the only 2 arguments someone could make trying to justify the current state of Desecrate. It's really the same argument with Cursed Beam. I'd argue it's the same with Dark Matter too, but so long as there's 1 GvGer out there using the skill I've learned from the bow thread it's a waste of effort trying to argue how an outlier does not automatically make a skill good.

Some E skills could also use some improvements but nothing major. Like I said above, some cast time or cooldown adjustments would probably be all we'd need to see more people use Lifecurse, Great Curse, and Cursed Skull.
    • Raithe schrieb:

It would be nice if a stack would reapply as desecrate collapses. 2 stacks out of it would make it useful for pve at least when using the curse skull and life curse e.
      No it should be a teleport or move speed so we can actually use it in open world. I miss beta one where you could have move speed on chest and helm and could actually use way more weapons in open world than now.
    • nerul schrieb:

Raithe schrieb:

It would be nice if a stack would reapply as desecrate collapses. 2 stacks out of it would make it useful for pve at least when using the curse skull and life curse e.
      No it should be a teleport or move speed so we can actually use it in open world. I miss beta one where you could have move speed on chest and helm and could actually use way more weapons in open world than now.
      Shadow Walk - 50% movement buff and immune to knockback but cannot attack. Anyone you walk through while shadowwalking will get a vile curse. Walking through people multiple times will stack the curse further.