CORE Cursed Mage problems [vote up for curse suggestions]

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Yes curse is a better place now, but it is also still the weakest of the Mage line. Even Arcane is way more overplayed now than Curse, i just think curse needs some major buffs or more utility and debuffs compared to its arcane counterpart

My Suggestion:

"Upon Applying 4 stacks of vile curse, debuffs target with a -30% Attack Speed and Cast Speed debuff that last for 5 seconds. Reapplies debuff everytime 4 stacks is reapplied."

this way curse actually does what the weapon should do which is weaken and afflict CURSES on the enemy.
      i think if they want to make curse a DoT Class they need to give it very powerful debuffs and DoTs compared to what they have now, lowest damage output and not even the best debuffing mage... FROST and ARCANE bring so much more utility and on-demand damage than curse its very sad, even FIRE mage DoT's are more powerful than curse DoTs..

maybe even making vile curse apply damage every 0.5 seconds will help a lot
    • Reworked the Deadly Shot ability:
      It is now an instant skillshot with 3s cooldown: Shoots an arrow in a staright line, which pierces through all enemies in it's way, dealing physic damage.
      • Range: 22m -> 18m
      • Damage: 86.52 -> 80.00
      • Also reduces enemy resistances for 6s (stacks up to 3 times)

:/
      I ain't leaving withour your soul and I am sober this time.
    • Cursed staves need a new, third 'Q' ability with 11m + range. As it stands right now, Cursed relies almost entirely on 'W' and 'E' for damage, otherwise Cursed has to wade into the frontline of battle. This means that Cursed has low GVG and ZVZ viability, since Cursed needs to stand on the front line to do real dps.

I recommend a direct-damage ability 11m or longer range for 'Q'.

Another core issue with Cursed is that damage boost armors, like royal hood, assassin jacket, etc. cannot be utilized since you can never 'stack' damage to their full abilities. Druid robe is bad because the cooldowns are long on Cursed spells, meaning that you probably won't hit top stacks. This means that Cursed class cannot utilize damage boosting armors whereas ALL OTHER CASTERS CAN.

This is a huge 'nerf' / disadvantage for Cursed users.

With a direct-damage 'Q' OPTION, many of these problems would be solved and Cursed would have a lot more viability throughout the game. Please consider this for the future.
    • Theat schrieb:

Another core issue with Cursed is that damage boost armors, like royal hood, assassin jacket, etc. cannot be utilized since you can never 'stack' damage to their full abilities. Druid robe is bad because the cooldowns are long on Cursed spells, meaning that you probably won't hit top stacks. This means that Cursed class cannot utilize damage boosting armors whereas ALL OTHER CASTERS CAN.
      Is the perhaps a problem with the build rather than the weapon itself. I don't really see why cursed should be the same as all other casters, why not just play one of those other casters? If the curse staffs don't work with royal hood, don't use it with royal hood. Assassin jacket damage boost is very limited, but the defensive utility it provides remains strong ( I do think damage carryover should be 2 secs, not only the next instance of damage). I've seen druid robe work incredibly well on multiple cursed staffs. Timing is key.
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^
    • The changes to curse a few patches ago were a good start but they're still in a pretty weak spot for anything other than HCE or 1v1 fights. Even in 1v1, the 1H curse is hard countered by any cleanse, or even things like soldier helms or cleric cowls.

I have been doing 5v5 scrims in prep for crystal GvG and tried to make 1H curse, great curse and demonic work - in some comps it is passable, but it's almost always better for me to swap to a better RDPS class or bruiser.

In ZvZ, curse offers a little bit of utility, but again I would be better off playing arcane if I want to provide utility. In terms of DPS for ZvZ, curse is a poor choice.

Really hoping with so many other classes getting buffed recently, that curse gets another round of buffs/tweaks in the next balance patch.
      [url='https://tinyurl.com/y7d4nfx5']AO Quick Reference Guide[/url]

Referral Key: https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

Trial Keys: PM at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 on https://discord.gg/dcH32z
    • Khladraven schrieb:

Theat schrieb:

Is the perhaps a problem with the build rather than the weapon itself. I don't really see why cursed should be the same as all other casters, why not just play one of those other casters? If the curse staffs don't work with royal hood, don't use it with royal hood. Assassin jacket damage boost is very limited, but the defensive utility it provides remains strong ( I do think damage carryover should be 2 secs, not only the next instance of damage). I've seen druid robe work incredibly well on multiple cursed staffs. Timing is key.
      That would be a valid response *IF* curse had other damage-boosting options comparable to melee or ranged dps classes. But it does not....

And trying to say druid robe is "okay" for Cursed dps is simply a bad argument. Any other caster, arcane, frost, fire, gets max stacks easily after a few 'Q's. Warlocks do not. And if a Cursed gets max stacks using druid robe, that absolutely means he is standing near melee length to the enemy. This is horrible in group play, GVG, 5v5, ZVZ, etc.

This should be common sense to any Cursed player.
    • Reptoid schrieb:

Fenz schrieb:

How about making Enfeeble Blades a ground targetted ability? Then make it's diameter a bit bigger and it's range a big longer and maybe it will be useful in ZvZ :D
      So black monk staff? xD
      black monk staff was a stupid design honestly they should have used that skill for lifecurse and made it not a channel as fenz said...black monk staff literally makes no sense as a weapon
    • Biggest problem with curse atm is that if they buff it 1H curse gets extremely op (Unless they add a new ability)

If they want cursed in gvg or zvz they just need to rework some of the items

Cursed is fine in small scale pvp
      Its just when it gets to big scale or past 4 players it falls off

Don't get me wrong curse is still viable in gvg but with arcane and frost it doesn't have room atm

All they have to do is rework lifecurse and great cursed will only see play in a nature healing meta

EDIT: Problem in gvg is that the normal 'q' range is so bad compared to other rdps

Its so hard to poke as curse with 'q' which is one of your main jobs as a RDPS

ALSO TO ANYONE WHO THINKS CURSE IS BAD IN 1v1-3 is out of their mind

I would argue 1h curse is insane in this if they dont have a healer

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von RottenH20 ()