CORE Cursed Mage problems [vote up for curse suggestions]

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• CORE Cursed Mage problems [vote up for curse suggestions]

1. Short duration of vile curse = 6 sec. That means, cursed very vulnerable to lose their full-stack of Vile Curses on target when they just walk away/jump for at least 4 seconds.
      2. Small damage and bad scaling of damage of vile curse =~ 50 dmg / 2 second at 1000 item power. on max stack its 200 every 2 sec, or 100 / sec which is too small.
      3. Cursed Sickle good skill but horribly long CD! 4 seconds is too much, especially taking into consideration p.1 - only 6 sec duration of vile curses, so if 1 cursed sickle missed - you guaranteedly lose ALL stacks on target. So not usable in zvz/pvp
      4. Why Vile curses/ cursed sickles do not apply heal & armor reduction ? Even axes bleeding do healing reduction and have much more damage. Cursed is debuffer class !! Need something really "debuffing"!
      5. Death Curse (E skill of basic cursed staff) very easy to avoid,provides a ton of time to react and it is even REFLECTABLE. SUGGESTION: make bomb detonation manual (after 3 sec of application bomb is ready and user detonates it by second pressing on E skill button)
      6. Cursed Beam very useless and low damaging W, must be changed

and, of course, RANGE low 8m on single-targeted vile curse spell, what makes curse effectively melee range caster ( spears have more range on max. Spirit Spear stacks).
    • I have a feeling SBI does not know what to do with Cursed staffs. Either give them meaningful debuffs or up the damage to be on par with other staffs. And indeed get rid of the melee range on some of the skills.
      Death Curse should not be reflectable.
      I ain't leaving withour your soul and I am sober this time.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Fenz ()

• Below are the various suggestions I've made over the past couple months consolidated into a single response. Most are in line with what you suggested.

::Q SKILLS::
      Vile Curse is the backbone of Warlock staffs. It is applied by numerous skills and is needed for Cursed Staff – Death Curse. I would like to see the duration for Vile Curse increased by 1 tick and the maximum number of Vile Curses reduced to 3 instead of 4. These 2 changes should not result in a DPS loss/gain so the damage of Vile Curse will need to be adjusted. Finally, Vile Curses should also receive one of the options below:
      • Increased ranged to 11 to conform to most other ranged Q attacks.
      • Also apply a stacking debuff that will drain energy from the target (amount to be determined).
      • Also apply a stacking debuff that will cause the target to take more damage (amount to be determined).
      These changes should make both of the Q skills much more valuable. Especially the sickle which currently is very difficult to use because of the cooldown and Vile Curse duration.

::W SKILLS::
      Armor Piercer – This skill is fine as is. If I were to make any change to it, I’d reduce/remove the damage if necessary, but allow the skill to apply a Vile Curse in addition to the armor reduction it currently provides.

Cursed Beam – Remove the damage and allow it to repeatedly apply Vile Curses. Since Vile Curse would now only stack to 3, part of this Beams potential is wasted. Due to this, I propose having this beam also increase the amount of damage the target takes by 15% while the beam is being channeled. This way players are encouraged to continue casting beyond the 3 seconds required to fully stack Vile Curse. If it’s decided that Vile Curse will apply a stacking damage debuff (see bullet above) then perhaps another stacking debuff on Cursed Beam would be a poor fit. A health drain/heal would would be another reasonable addition to the skill in addition to applying Vile Curses.

Desecrate – This skill would require quite a lot of effort to make it more attractive to Armor Piercer. It’s probably not worth the effort trying to completely redesign the skill. I’d propose just removing the stand time so it is actually instant cast. Perhaps give it a Blink like Frost Mages got. Draw an icon on the ground that roots all targets for 2 seconds and 'shadow blink' away. Would still need to be instant cast though with no stand time like we have today.

Grudge – I’ve been told that a long time ago this skill actually applied Vile Curses. There’s no reason this can’t be changed again. Find some way to balance this effect to apply Vile Curses. I've only ever seen people use this ability in duels. Not even in 2v2 hellgates.

::E SKILLS::
      Too many of the E skills are focused on utility and the utility they provide isn’t that strong.

Cursed: Death Curse – The fact this skill can be dispelled and takes so long to trigger is one of the main things holding it back. It also hits like a truck so it not having a cleanse counter seems unfair given the limited number of shields available in the game. It needs to trigger quicker and this in conjunction with a 3 stack vile curse (and adjusted damage due to the lower stack) may make it easier to use. Trigger after 2 seconds or perhaps trigger the next time the target is damaged by a vile curse.

Lifecurse: Enfeeble Blades – The cast time on this skill is unnecessarily long. Make it instant cast with a stand time like the current Desecrate works.

Great: Area of Decay – The ability is pretty weak right now, but if Vile Curses are improved to either drain energy or cause the target to take additional damage, this ability will be much better. Otherwise, I’d suggest just making it also reduce healing by 60% and completely redesign the Demonic Staff E ability.

Damnation: Cataclysm – I haven’t seen one since the nerf several months ago. Why not also have it apply a vile curse? The damage of a single curse is inconsequential but the secondary effect that’s added could make this staff much more enticing.

Demonic: Field of Death – I’ve never found a use for this staff. I've also never seen someone actually use this staff. It really needs to be changed entirely. Would anyone miss it?

Cursed Skull: Haunting Screams – This will be much better once it can be cast ignoring LOS next patch. I wish the cooldown were reduced to 20seconds too. But we should see some of these in ZvZ now.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Nvs1980 ()

• E dps to low , too easy to counter, armor pierce and grudge are ok, Q too low range.

Damnation - anyone still using it? Last 3 mounths never seen them in caerleon.

One think i dont understand in this game, why non relics weapons are more popular and usable than relics, and i m not talking only about damnation.
      Damnation gonna be more usable if i can use other curse staffs E skill on damnation with more IP.

Sorry about my english.
    • I have a collection of damnation staffs sitting and gathering dust because they're just not fun to play in the current state. On paper, double armor pierce is good, but requires you to engage way in advance of your DPS to be effective. But the cast time is just too long, even with scholar robe E.

If you are late dropping your E, your utility is basically wasted, and the actual damage on cataclysm is pitiful now, outclassed by most other ZvZ weapons, even non-relics like Longbow.
      [url='https://tinyurl.com/y7d4nfx5']AO Quick Reference Guide[/url]

Referral Key: https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

Trial Keys: PM at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 on https://discord.gg/dcH32z
    • I would be a bit more reserved with the buffs you are asking for. 100 DPS is good, especially since it is possible to be maintained permanently on at least two targets. Also you say bleed has healing reduction and more damage, but bleed is only 18 dmg/sec.

Boost range of vile curse to 9, make curses last for 8 seconds which would help both vile curse and cursed sickle (allowing you to cast two before effect drops). Maybe also do a small damage buff for cursed beam, or add a debuff to it.

That would be a good start. Reasonable buffs to help, see where the weapons land, buff again if it's still needed.
    • FriendlyFire schrieb:

I would be a bit more reserved with the buffs you are asking for. 100 DPS is good, especially since it is possible to be maintained permanently on at least two targets. Also you say bleed has healing reduction and more damage, but bleed is only 18 dmg/sec.

Boost range of vile curse to 9, make curses last for 8 seconds which would help both vile curse and cursed sickle (allowing you to cast two before effect drops). Maybe also do a small damage buff for cursed beam, or add a debuff to it.

That would be a good start. Reasonable buffs to help, see where the weapons land, buff again if it's still needed.
      100 DPS is not good. While you are right that the actual bleed damage of axes is lower than a Warlock DOT, that bleed is AE, instant cast with no stand time, and attached to a direct damage component too which is doing 100+ DPS on its own without the DOT. What's funny is I think axes have a 8m radius too?

A lot of the suggestions in this thread are not that large in my opinion. Many are being suggested simply to help apply vile curses more reliably given its short range and short duration often making it quite difficult to maintain a 4 stack on a single target in PvP, let alone 2.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Nvs1980 ()

• Damage a little bit down. Duration way up. Like in literally all other mmorpgs with dot based classes.

The idea of curse should be to have max stacks up on 2-3 players from the enemy team during the entire fight. It should be a sustained damage weapon. 6 second duration doesn't allow for sustained damage.

Curse Q will suck in the current burst/rampant meta, yes. But it will work wonders against holy in a sustain comp.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Stravanov ()

• Demonic is used a lot its a gvg weapon to counter rampant staff. place demonic over the rampant heal and rampant does nothing. cursed skull is nice in hellgates. life curse is good for elite raid areas for extra dmg on tanks that pull. you guys are just trash at the game and don't understand where to use things.

Bronze 5 play level
    • vashangelarm schrieb:

Demonic is used a lot its a gvg weapon to counter rampant staff. place demonic over the rampant heal and rampant does nothing. cursed skull is nice in hellgates. life curse is good for elite raid areas for extra dmg on tanks that pull. you guys are just trash at the game and don't understand where to use things.

Bronze 5 play level
      If this were true why did none of it happen?

When Rampants hit the meta, cursed was long gone. If it was such a clear and obvious counter to Rampant you'd have expected every team to be running it because every team had a Rampant staff. But that wasn't the case.

I don't Hellgate but I asked some buddies who ran them nonstop till the nerf and not one has seen a Cursed Skull. They've only ever seen 1h curse and they consider it one of their easiest comps because of how easily countered it was. I was hoping we'd see some Cursed Skulls in ZvZ but I rarely see anyone other than myself. I see more damnations which is laughable.

You're right that Life Curse (and 1h Curse) show up in HCE, but that's only because there are Warlock players out there begging for groups. Do you think they'd ever be chosen so long as a Badon or Blazing were looking for a group at the same time? To give you some credit though, I do believe the HCE comps that are actually interested in progression do run a 1h Curse though.

So yes, theoretically you're right but in practice none of what you've said has come to pass.
    • try kee[ing ur guild together deadgoat. if u understood the highest form of gameplay u would still see its viable. stick to your red zone pvp redsaw. try forming a gvg team before you can comment on what meta is. Demonic effects every type of hot as long as ur team is vs nature demonic works. every guild that is at highest game play has a demonic waiting

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von vashangelarm ()