The Official Albion Online Wiki Thread - Wanted: Albion Wiki Community Editor(s)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bogul wrote:

logging in with your normal account (the same you use here on the forums)
      Can you explain how to log into the wiki? When i logged into the forums it redirected me to the main albiononline.com login page, where i supplied my in-game credentials (my in-game email address and in-game password). It then prompted me to pick a username.

I tried to log in to the wiki using that username (i.e. this username: LampLighter), and my in-game password, but i was told "Invalid credentials supplied".

Maybe it's just that my username isn't recognized yet since i only recently (maybe a couple of hours ago) created it? Or do you know what i'm doing wrong / why it's not working?

EDIT: Oh, i needed to use my email instead of my username for the Username field. Nevermind!

The post was edited 3 times, last by LampLighter ().

• Oh no!

Bogul wrote:

Details:
      • Anyone who will help to improve the Official Wiki between now and April 30th 23:59 UTC will automatically be entered into a raffle to win one of 10x 750-Gold codes!

.. appareantly I did not send out the 750g codes and nobody remembered to remind me 8|

Well. Here are the winners for the overdue giveaway. Sorry for the delay guys! I should be able to send the codes tonight.
      1. @AmalrikSama
      2. @Elthe
      3. @FatCatNasty
      4. @FriendlyFire
      5. @GeoffreiCharny
      6. @Grimhawke-EB
      7. @Lifsteinn
      8. @MrsLove
      9. @Nedmort
      10. @Tilden
    • Bogul wrote:

MasterOfMutton wrote:

Can someone explain how to aviod the 'Login limit has been reached. Please try again later.' message when I try to log in to the wiki?
      I get this error since yesterday.
      I had forwarded this to @Dero, but I haven't heard back yet. Maybe this ping will remind him, heh. :whistling: (sorry^^)
      He had contacted me and told me that there is no lock on my account, I just tried to login too many times.
      I managed to login just now, so maybe I was just impatient? I don't know when the 'later' part in the error message was. Maybe send an e-mail/message/include the lock time in the error message?
    • Hello all wiki contributors, here's a heads up!

The template for ability pages (both weapon and armor abilities) has been completed, and it needs to be applied to EVERY ability's page. This template is special because it creates a keyword shortcut that, when inserted into another page, displays the most up-to-date ability information (meaning, if the ability stats are changed on the main ability page, ALL references to it using this shortcut will instantly update to match).

If you'd like to help add these pages, or help convert existing pages, please refer to this page containing exact instructions on how to do so: wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Template:Ability_Page

To keep track of this process we have this Trello card with a complete checklist of what has been done already, and what needs to be done: trello.com/c/RDoJF5EL/61-finish-ability-pages

If you have ANY questions or comments about this, please let me know!

---

PS - @MasterOfMutton I noticed you've been very active with contributing to these pages, thank you for that! I hope you'll help us with implementing the new template, we'd really appreciate it!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tilden ().

• Albion Wiki - June Update

Ladies and Gentlemen,

its time to give you all a little update on what has been happening with the Wiki since my last update from May.

A little warning: A lot! :)

So, lets get started and take a quick look at whats been going on:
      • Since our last giveaway that ended in May, a lot of community members have come forward and contributed extensively to the Wiki in the last month and a half. A few of you have been asked to join the Wiki team as a Community Wiki Editor and I am extremely glad some of you have answered this call and will officially be in charge of consolidating the community effort of the Albion Wiki in the very near future. @Elsa should already be in touch with you and I'm looking forward to the official announcement soon. Again a big big thank you to everyone who has contributed so far - its incredible to see how much progress we have made!
      • That said, there are still 2-3 open positions for Wiki Editors that need to be filled in the Wiki-Team. So if you want to get involved and help coordinate the efforts of the Official Albion Wiki, make sure to read the announcement on how you can join the team and enjoy some cool perks and responsibilities that come along with it! Feel free to pass this along to someone else who you think would be a good fit as well!
      • Soon we will also have the 1 year anniversary coming up of the decision to revitalize the Wiki - and boy has it been a ride. During that time we have come a long way already, but now with the new team effort it is only really getting clear what things are possible with the Wiki and I can't wait to make that happen in the future. I have to say that the last few months have been especially great because we finally had time to focus more on polishing and completing some of the missing bits and pieces and its starting to come together really nicely.
      • If you want to follow along and check out our current upcoming to-do's - take a look at the public Wiki Trello Board.
      • In terms of content that has been added to the wiki recently, we have to distinguish between technical and game information content..
      • As far as technical additions, we have seen really great things - especially from @Tilden and @Dero who spent a lot of time building a few awesome templates that allow easy display and linking of items through templates. For some of the non-technical people out there it might look a bit small, but things like the Ability Template or Item Link Template are going to be majorly useful quickly adding more content in the very near future. This makes it also much easier to change just a few values when major balance changes will be released in the future.
      • On the content side I have a major shoutout to make to @MrsLove who has been incredible adding tons of content to the wiki. Major milestones of content additions include an overhauled and polished front page, adding all the major main weapon and armor pages including their spells to the Wiki (you can't believe how many there are - a few hundred pages at least!), tons of information on animals and mounts, capes, special capes and bags and so many more things that I can just recommend everyone to take a peek at the recent changes on the Wiki!
      • More shoutouts go to @Surlo, @AndrewTotoro, @Aylok and many others who have been helping to polish existing pages and adding more content!
      • Finally I would like to end this with a few links to pages that exist on the Wiki, but not many people know about. Some of these still need a bit of help and polish - but with a few more helping hands have the potential to be great:
        • A wiki-based World Map.
        • The Albion Guild Registry - where everyone can add their own guilds information like contact details or basic information.
        • A section for Player Guides that we will try and tackle soon. If you have guides or want to add existing guides to the wiki - please go ahead and do so!
        • Great Weapon pages like Hunter, Mage and Warrior.
        • A growing list of the Abilities in-game.
        • Extensive information on Mounts, Capes, Vanity Items, ...
        • .. and so much more!
      And that's it! I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things or mentions, but ping me about it and I'll let everyone know about it asap.

In case you want to help with the Wiki, please don't hesitate. It is open to everyone and the only thing you need to do to get involved is log-in on the wiki with your official forum credentials and click on the Edit button on the top right of the page. We are always looking for more community members who can help with polishing or making sure the pages are up to date.

If you want to get in touch, please reply to this thread or say hello in the #wiki-discussion channel on the Official Albion Discord!

The post was edited 6 times, last by Bogul ().

• Thank you, @Bogul. As for the Vanity items there are certain rare items that I couldn't acquire to take an in-game printscreen. It would be great if owners could take a pritscreen of how the items look when equipped, without wearing anything else, like in the example for the Snow Bunny Stalker Hat, and upload it to the relevant item page.
      The list of the items that need an ingame printscreen is the following:
    • Starting this July I'm hoping we can get back into some sort of weekly or bi-weekly cadence of wiki focus topics.

We've tried this in the past, but the promotional budget moved to the Wiki Community Editor positions - of which we are still looking for two more active editors to fill these. So for now it will be a pure community effort with no further Gold raffles for now. As a sidenote, these raffles did not work out super in the past and that was the reason for a shift towards the wiki editors in the first place.

However! I will try to pick a topic at the start of a week and depending on our progres on the topic we will change up the focus every week or every other week as we progress.

Sort of like a weekly discussion topic, but with the intention to fill knowledge gaps using the wiki to do so.

If you have suggestions or see areas of the Wiki that need a little extra attention or a push. Please let us know and suggest it.

With the upcoming release of Percival, I thought the best start for this and our first Wiki Focus Topic should be Percival (and its changes):
      There are multiple pages on the Wiki that will be affected by the new release (and S7 soon) in the next weeks we will need a lot of help to get the existing content up to date.

Once we have the official Patch-Notes releasing on July 10th the goal should be to identify and update the relevant skills / pages and create new sections on the wiki where required.

So I'm asking you all to 1) help pointing out issues and missing content on the wiki and 2) help updating content for Percival.

Thank you! And as always - we are still looking for Wiki Community Editors who have about 8 hours a month to help run the Official Albion Wiki.
    • With the upcoming changes to the GvG Seasons for S7, I was looking at the Wiki and the info there available in regards to the GvG Seasons so far.

And I realized that the Official Wiki needs your help to preserve history!

So, I'm calling on you all to help bring together more information in regards to the previous GvG Seasons of Albion - especially with some details on how each season progressed.
      We have the links below so far and they are missing a lot of information and I'm hoping you guys can help out filling in the blanks as much as possible.

S3 and S4 have some info at least, while the previous ones barely have (correct) information or no information at all yet (S5?!)
      Please help out before we forget.
      You can just log in with your AO forum credentials and start editing away. If you're into this sort of stuff, writing video game histories and stories, the wiki is also still looking for Community Editors!
    • Please help us update the information available on the Wiki regarding GvG Territorial Conquest and the GvG Seasons!

With the upcoming changes to the game due to Season 7 a lot of outdated and old information is floating around the mists of Albion.

The Wiki Editor team has begun working on updating and putting together the most recent information in regards to GvG Territorial Conquest (GvG Mechanics) and how the Season Points Scoring works.

Specifically we've put these two pages linked below in "under construction" mode until S7 will go live on on August 3rd.
      Until then we'd like to completely overhaul the pages related to the above two mechanics so we can all enjoy updated and confirmed values at the beginning of Season 7.
      However, not all of us from the Wiki Editor team are as good at GvG-ing and Season Point scoring as you are - so we need your help!

Please help us by taking a look at these two pages and then pointing out any mistakes or missing information!

We will try to work all suggestions into the pages and get official dev-confirmation for anything we can't confirm ourselves asap!

Thank you for spending 3 minutes to take a brief look and helping the community out with your knowledge <3 .
    • Update on how we've been doing in the last week with the wiki

1. High priority
      The two high priority pages for season 7, GvG Mechanics and GvG Season have received some updates, but we could still use some input from people with experience to fill in and round up the two pages.
      2. Resource pages
      The resource pages also have received some attention.
      • Fiber and Cloth pages are all done
      • Ore and Metal Bars are half done
      • Stone and Blocks pages are done
      • Hide and Leather are half way through
      • Logs and Planks are also half way through.
        Here's a link to the trello card that keeps track of the progress.

3. Other changes:
      • Loads of the animal and fish pages have been updated and now look great.
      • many other pages had minor updates

Thanks to all contributors and looking forward to seeing more experienced contributors adding their input and finalizing the priority pages.

• I'm bumping this announcement - because we have a few open positions again!

Bogul wrote:

Wanted: Albion Wiki Community Editor

The Albion Wiki Project is looking for a few knowledgeable community members who want to join the Albion Wiki Project as an Albion Wiki Community Editor.

Who are you?
      • You are a member of the Albion Online community and you know a lot about the game mechanics of Albion, its quirks and its various other random fun details.
      • You are confident in using the English language to write and edit content for what is going to be the official Albion community knowledge resource: The Albion Wiki.
      • You have at least 8 hours per month of time to write new content, player guides and polish existing pages on the official Wiki.
      • You will actively contribute to the discussion and day-to-day on how to improve, maintain and moderate the Albion Wiki now and in the future.
      Your perks and benefits:
      • You can directly influence the design, content and feel of the up and coming Official Albion Online Wiki.
      • You will have editor rights on the Albion Wiki.
      • You will have access to a direct communication channel with the Albion Online community team who run the day to day operations of the growing Albion Online community.
      • You will get a shiny special Wiki Editor tag on the Official Forums.
      • Upon successful completion of the 4 week trial period, you will get:
        • Access to the Round Table section on the official forums.
        • Special access rights on the Test Server to verify the various game mechanics.
      • As a token of our appreciation for your time, you will receive one (1) 10.000 Gold code per month to use however you wish!
      Great ! How do I join?
      • Hop on the Wiki, start editing and join the the official Albion Discord (#wiki-discussion) and let us know that you are doing it! Show us what you can do.
      • Over the course of the next month you can get to know the rest of the team, read up on the current progress of the Wiki and familiarize yourself with what is happening.
      • As soon as we get to know each other and you pass the sniff test (and approval) of the Community Manager after about 4 weeks time, you will get the respective perks for the first time, and thus officially join the Albion Wiki Team team!
      Note: We are currently looking for up to five (5) editors to join the team starting right now. This is part of the promotional effort to polish the Wiki together with the F2P release of Albion Online.

What are you waiting for? Let's get together and set up a proper Wiki for our favorite game :)

-- Bogul (Albion Wiki Admin)