The Official Albion Online Wiki Discussion Thread

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• The Official Albion Online Wiki Discussion Thread

URL: wiki.albiononline.com/

Previous Updates & Topics of the Week:
      (most recent on the bottom)

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Fellow citizens of the mysterious world of Albion Online,

With this thread I want to set in motion a project to revitalize the efforts to update and maintain a proper wiki for our favourite game: Albion Online.

I see a big opportunity to create something that is not just a wiki to look up basic information or descriptions of what things do, but potentially a great resource of information and history for the ever evolving world of Albion.

With this thread, which will be a work in progress that will be updated and frequently edited along the way I hope to merge all discussion and suggestions regarding the Albion Wiki in one place. Check back regularly or subscribe to this thread by clicking the little red bookmark icon on the top right of the post to get notifications about the progress of this project. If you respond to this thread you will usually also be auto-subscribed.

Current Status Update:
      • We have a new domain (see above) and a really nice new layout now. The tech and art guys did an amazing job there! Thanks SBI!
      • The project to update the wiki successfully kicked off in July and we are still hard at work plugging a few basic content holes and missing articles.
      • We are doing a weekly topic to focus on certain content areas of the wiki. Check out the links on the top of this post to the most current discussion week. (discontinued, likely moving to a 2 week or monthly area of focus. details)
      • The wiki will soon have no ads, a new domain and maybe other fancy stuff that goes beyond a normal media wiki (details tba). update: see this link
      • We still (will always) need everyone to chime in and help editing and contributing to the wiki. Start by reading the next post below.
      • I will have some good news to share soon, specfically about some cool giveaways from SBI among everyone who contributes to the wiki over the next coming weeks. (details)
      • I am looking for more people who want to take on an active role within the albion wiki-project (editors, regular contributors etc.) - get in touch with me.
      Any questions or sugestions? Please reply to this thread!

-

The Albion Wiki needs your help!

-

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 50 mal editiert, zuletzt von Bogul ()

• How do I get involved?

super fast & easy:
      1. find an article that needs improving, by surfing the wiki or searching for something
      2. log in (with your AO credentials, aka your email address & password you use here)
      3. click the 'edit' button on any page you find
      4. write what you think needs to be part of the article, click save and voilà - you're done - thanks for helping ! :)

• Every bit of information is helpful!
      General notes and reminders:

We also have our own channel on the official Albion Online Discord!

You can join the discord server here.

.. from there you can message away in the #wiki-discussion chat. See you there

-

-

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 34 mal editiert, zuletzt von Bogul ()

• Albion Online Wiki: Styleguide
      (aka - how should things look like)

Over time I want to collect the conventions, formatting descisions, common templates and other style related information here.
      If you would like to see something added to this guide, please post in the thread and remind me to add it here.

1) Formatting conventions:

a) first mention

The first mention of the article title should be formated bold.

Example:

b) capitalizing words

Depending on the use of a word in the article, some words change their spelling in regards to capitalizing it or not. This is still a work in progress to unify terminology imo, but here is some info:
      • Capitalized: Fame, Silver, Gold, Faction Warfare, GvG Season, Premium Status, specific item names (i.e. Rampant Staff, Facebreaker Shield)
      • Not capitalized: faction, guild, alliance, faction points, faction standing, generic item types (i.e. daggers, shields)
      I was told that in case an item or mechanic or description is unclear, i'm supposed to ask @PrintsKaspian to clarify that for us.

2) Commonly used templates:

Note: All templates are using this format: <template> XYZ </template>

• <aoitem> exact item name </aoitem> (as displayed in the client)
        • This will fetch the item icon from the albion API to display depending on the attributes given.
        • Details about how to use the specifics of that template can be found here.
      • <aospell> exact spell name </aospell> (as displayed in the client)
        • This will fetch the spell icon from the albion API to display depending on the attributes given.
        • Details about how to use the specifics of that template can be found here.

3) Item & Spell Power Values

Becaus spells and item damage vary depending on the tier and item power, an item power value of 1060 (Tiers: 5.3 / 6.2 / 7.1 / 8.0) is used to display damage numbers across the wiki.
      ---

Official Resources

Official Sources & Websites
      Other Official Sources
      If you are still looking for a guild, make sure to keep an eye on the guild recruitment forum section of the official forums.
      If you have a beginner question, there is a beginner question’s forum for you. Maybe your question was already answered?

-

-

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 16 mal editiert, zuletzt von Bogul ()

• A list of things that should be on the wiki, but arent or need more love <3 :

please post in the thread below if you think there is something missing from the wiki and I will try to maintain a list of current to-do's here in this post!

If you feel particularly like writing about a subject or know a place where someone wrote something already, you can also just give it a go and write a tiny article or leave a link as a response to this thread and I will try to include it into the official wiki!

" the list of to-do's" (updated and revised in random intervalls)

• list of all spells
      • list of all items
      • list of all weapons edit: see here and here
      • list of mobs
      • list of boss encounters
      • links to patchnotes
      • links to major patches
      • entries for guilds (?)
      • entries for "famous" people (?) / devs (?)
      • a better how-to introduction
      • an updated main page of the wiki (done, looks sexy)
      • cross-links to good "guide" artilces
      • explanation or links of "how-to" things
      • articles on game mechanics (need suggestions !)
      • list of large community or guild discords (need input)
      • pictures of gear edit: here is an awesome resource
      • How resourse nodes spawn
      • Timers
      • T7-8 nodes spawn differently
      • Enchanting percentages
      • Siphoned Energy (Siphoned Energy)

• GvG mechanics edit:GvG Mechanics & Ruleset
      • Warcamps - Sending attacks and pacifying
      • Sending attacks from territories
      • Retaliate/counterattack
      • Hellgate mechanics (needs more work)
      • Overview of the different open world zones (Blue, Yellow, Red, Black)
      • The Destiny Board (needs more work)
      • Gathering and crafting progression (needs more work)
      • Combat leveling progression (needs more work)
      • Learning points and the respec system (needs more work)
      • Focus points (needs more work)
      • Resource gathering (biomes) (needs more work)
      • Crafting stations (differences in return rates, taxes, food requirements)
      • The world map and mini map
      • Guild territories (needs more work)
      • Resource terri's
      • Farm terri's
      • Town terri's
      • Castles
      • Various weapons and their appearance at different tiers.
      • Various furniture items and their appearance at different tiers.
      • Various weapons and their appearance at different tiers.
      • resource node respawn times
      • City plots
      • Island plots (workstations)
      • IP
        • Cluster reduction
        • Effect on gathering gear
      • Resource bosses
      • GvGs
      • Warcamps
      • OW dungeons (PvP survival strategies)
      • Fame credit system

-

-

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 23 mal editiert, zuletzt von Bogul ()

• +1 for the initiative.

Albion Online could definately use an updated resourse for many core mechanics, since they seem to change a lot over time. Having to read through several pages of patch notes after having had a 2 month break from the game is kind of horrible. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for new players to learn this game.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • We could start by compiling a list of stuff that needs updated:

• How resourse nodes spawn
        • Timers
        • T7-8 nodes spawn differently
        • Enchanting percentages
      • Siphoned Energy
        • How it spawns from mages in different continents
        • Killing them
      • GvG mechanics
        • Warcamps - Sending attacks and pacifying
        • Sending attacks from territories
        • Retaliate/counterattack
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • The official guides section of the website has a lot of basic knowledge guides as well here:

albiononline.com/en/guides/

But it might be worth it to consolidate or cross-link those articles?

I'm working on moving all of the guides over so everyone can help adding and improving them. But this takes a while. Edit: mostly complete

-

-

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Bogul ()

• Stuff to add to the to-do list:
      • Hellgate mechanics
      • Overview of the different open world zones (Blue, Yellow, Red, Black)
      • The Destiny Board
        • Gathering and crafting progression

• Combat leveling progression

• Learning points and the respec system
      • Focus points
      • Resource gathering (biomes)
      • Crafting stations (differences in return rates, taxes, food requirements)
      • The world map and mini map
      • Guild territories
        • Resource terri's
        • Farm terri's
        • Town terri's
      • Castles
    • A wiki with everything in it is definitely needed.

I had to ask somebody who had T8 bows the other day to equip one for me so I could see the visuals.

I don't want to level something all the way to T8 just to realise I don't like the appearance of it but then I suppose we have no other choice.
      I just like having a laugh.

dontgetmadtho
    • Piddle schrieb:

Nulfar schrieb:

A wiki with everything in it is definitely needed.

I had to ask somebody who had T8 bows the other day to equip one for me so I could see the visuals.

I don't want to level something all the way to T8 just to realise I don't like the appearance of it but then I suppose we have no other choice.
      I appreciate your devotion to aesthetics.
      how come the wiki doesn't show you what the weapons actually look like
      • Over the next months I will try to tackle a specific topic or feature every week or every other week. (edit: changed to monthly focus / topics)
      • I want to invite everyone to help out!
      • I will try to provide us with a starting point and I am hoping you guys can add feedback, corrections fix typos or provide me with advice how to improve the topic and the article of the week.
      • I have decided that as a first oder of business the first content I will tackle to get used to the wiki is fishing.
      If you have any cool guides, information, helpful posts on the forums, videos - anything really .. please leave a link here in this thread!

I will leave a link to the main article I want to tackle this week here:

wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Fishing

So far this entry is a heavy WIP (work in progress) entry and will contain placeholders and a lot of unfinished content and information.

Please add anything you think is relevant, simply by opening the page and clicking on edit on the top right!
      If you want to be pro, you can sign-in on the top right of the page first, but you can also edit or fix minor things without logging in!

I will collect links to relevant topics & guides below so we can pick and chose what to put into the article.

I will try to update this list as I collect more info.

-

-

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von Bogul ()