The Albion Online Wiki

• Weekly-Wiki Giveaway #5: ZvZ Mechanics

For our next weekly wiki focus page, I've picked the ZvZ Mechanics page:
    If you have a good suggestion what could or should be one of our next weekly focus pages, get in touch on Discord in the #wiki-discussion channel! :)

Contributions and edits made to the wiki page linked above will count towards the Weekly-Wiki Giveaway #5, which will conclude on Sunday 27th of January 23:59 UTC.

The prizes for the WWG#5 will be:
    • (up to) 2x 3750 Gold (awarded for outstanding contributions)
    • (up to) 3x 750 Gold (raffled among all contributors)
    In other business: the winners of this weeks Weekly-Wiki Giveaway #4 (still ongoing until sunday!) will be announced once it concludes this Sunday.

I'm also super glad that a few of you have messaged me about becoming a regular editor on the Wiki and I will try and talk to Evoque if and how we can put that together.
    Bogul#6397 - Merchants of the Mist - Founder & Head of "Management"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bogul ().

• edit: giveaway cancelled due to no submissions. noboy likes buildings, eh?

Weekly-Wiki Giveaway #6: Buildings

For our next weekly wiki focus page, the goal will be to update the Buildings page:
    Contributions and edits made to the wiki page linked above will count towards the Weekly-Wiki Giveaway #6, which will conclude on Sunday 3rd of February 23:59 UTC.

The prizes for the WWG#6 will be:
    • (up to) 2x 3750 Gold (awarded for outstanding contributions)
    • (up to) 3x 750 Gold (raffled among all contributors)
    If you have a good suggestion what could or should be one of our next weekly focus pages, get in touch on Discord in the #wiki-discussion channel!

• Bogul wrote:

Weekly-Wiki Giveaway #5: ZvZ Mechanics

(...)
    And the winners are:

clap clap clap

I'll send the codes as soon as I have them (tonight or tomorrow I think) edit: all sent

Check it out: wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/ZvZ_Mechanics

• Guild Pages on the Wiki

As you may have noticed, the official Albion Wiki has been growing more and more in the recent weeks and months. Thanks to all the members of the community that have contributed so far!

After chatting with many of you about new ideas and the direction of the Wiki, we have had quite some interest in having pages specifically to showcase the history of guilds in Albion.

Yes - a player written, wiki-style page about you, your community, your guild or even your alliance!

This is your chance to formally put your guild into the annals of history, mark down your achievements and shine a light on how the political landscape, the player feuds and guild rivalries developed from your point of view! A central and collaborative place for others to read and learn about you, like a history book or magazine article. It should be fun to read about how your guild came to be, what you do, what your idea or philosophy is, who your enemies are, who your friends are and especially: how that all happened.

Therefore, I would like to encourage you all to hop on the Wiki and create your own page starting today!

How to create your own guild page on the wiki:
    1. Visit the wiki (wiki.albiononline.com/)
    2. Log-in with the account you use on the forums.
    3. Read the Guild-Page rules.
    4. Create and/or edit your own page(s)
    As always, let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback and feel free to reply with any questions you may have in this thread.

Looking forward to learning more about your guild!

• Just a heads up, the background images used in the wiki lags my chrome browser when viewing it. I removed the 2 images with the developer console and that fixed my issue. Maybe it's a personal problem, but I'd like to believe that if I have issues viewing the wiki, I'm sure others will too.
  • mNote wrote:

Just a heads up, the background images used in the wiki lags my chrome browser when viewing it. I removed the 2 images with the developer console and that fixed my issue. Maybe it's a personal problem, but I'd like to believe that if I have issues viewing the wiki, I'm sure others will too.
    Hi @mNote,

when writing the code for the layout I was afraid that something like that may happen. The images are pretty big in size which can cause slow loading and performance issues on rendering. I already tried different compression but there is hardly anything doable without loss in quality.

I'll talk to our art department to maybe find a different solution.
  • Dero wrote:

Hi @mNote,
    when writing the code for the layout I was afraid that something like that may happen. The images are pretty big in size which can cause slow loading and performance issues on rendering. I already tried different compression but there is hardly anything doable without loss in quality.

I'll talk to our art department to maybe find a different solution.
    For people who has a wide-screen to view the wiki, I'm sure it's fine for them, but for someone with just a 15' display, the loading stress from the images aren't worth it for me to be viewing the wiki. Let me attach a screenshot of how I currently view the wiki and maybe you can crop the images down and use some resolution detection to display the minimal amount of the images in order to retain its quality.

I had to scale my image down to meet the max file size, but as you can see from my laptop view, the entire background images aren't displayed entirely so creating a cropped version with a smaller size for both the left bearded warrior and the right paladin lady could potentially improve some browser's performance.
    Images
    • 1920x1080 resolution view.png

964.93 kB, 1,229×692, viewed 364 times
  • Hello fellow editors,

I'm glad to announce that we just released a new feature to the Wiki. An interactive map of the world of Abion.

You can open up wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Widget:World_map to see how to integrate this map. Furthermore we introduced a new template which can be integrated onto Cluster pages to summarize certain information of a cluster with the map for it included. Check out wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Caerleon to see an example of this on the right side.

On the map you have zoom and fullscreen controls on the left while you can also activate/deactivate certain overlays with the layer control in the top right corner. Also each cluster can be clicked on and it leads you directly to the clusters own wiki page.

We will keep this up to date in case there are changes on the worldmap.

So have fun with this and keep spreading the word about our awesome wiki.

Greetings,
    Dero
  • Oberon Hype!

I'll start adding a bunch of the Oberon changes to the wiki in the coming days, but if you feel like helping or already going ahead and putting things up everyone would be super stoked about it I think!

That said, let me know what you most want to have added so I can prioritize the limited time I have this week :)

Apologies for the delay in updates - I had some RL stuff to deal with - but starting with Oberon I will be back pushing the wiki onward! :)

We're also still looking for regular editors - if you're interested in maintaining the official Albion Online Wiki, please get in touch!
    (Depending on the contribution a bit of a promotional gold budget is definately on the table - so hmu!)

• I have started a few pages that are relevant to Oberon, but they need a proper concept still. Most of them are still placeholders.

I was thinking if we can get the names of the bosses collected, we can start individual pages for the Randomized Dungeon bosses?

Little guides, like the HCE guides?

Feel free to log into the wiki with your forum account and just help adding stuff where you can!

I'll link the coolest guides together later.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Bogul ().