The Albion Online Wiki

• rds wrote:

Soo guys,
    Can we decide on a kind-of unique style for items?
    I want to make more pages, but I won't until we figure that out.
    Maybe @Bogul or someone else can make a contributing guide or something, to get us all in the same page.
    i'm not going to have time to do that tonight or tomorrow, maybe end of week / weekend earliest

but we have some contenders for item pages:

here is one type as a "grouping" of items (weapons)

wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Holy_Staves

(maybe we can flesh that one out further, before we add it on all the other items (to prevent double workload if we change the design))

here are other designs for individual items:

wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Clarent_Blade
    wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Elusive_Foxglove
    wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Ghoul_Yarrow_Seed

I think a major strategic descision is if we want to group things into one large parge (all herbs or all seeds for example) or if we want to make a lot of copies of the same design for every item.

-- anyone have input or suggestions on this? (i tend towards 1 big page, similar to the holy staves one)

so its a question of

a) wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Clarent_Blade VS b) wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Holy_Staves
  • Bogul wrote:

rds wrote:

Soo guys,
    Maybe @Bogul or someone else can make a contributing guide or something, to get us all in the same page.
    i'm not going to have time to do that tonight or tomorrow, maybe end of week / weekend earliest

(maybe we can flesh that one out further, before we add it on all the other items (to prevent double workload if we change the design))

I think a major strategic descision is if we want to group things into one large parge (all herbs or all seeds for example) or if we want to make a lot of copies of the same design for every item.

-- anyone have input or suggestions on this? (i tend towards 1 big page, similar to the holy staves one)

so its a question of

a) wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Clarent_Blade VS b) wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Holy_Staves
    I agree with your Holy Staves sentiment.

I would consider color-coding the abilities to match the tier of availability.
  • Bogul wrote:

rds wrote:

Soo guys,

so its a question of

Well, I kinda like the Holy Staves more, but I personally would make a holy staves table the way its made on "Clarent Blades" (the subitem Tiers) instead of the plain text.
    Also, I'd put the item tiers table before (so the user can first see the staves icons, names and tiers as the first info) .

I spent about 10 minutes flicking through pages using "Random Page"

There are several broken or outright incorrect pages. Lots of item descriptions that either no longer exist or do in fact exist now.

Is there a way to flag these pages for deletion or 'hidden' so that we can circle back to them?
    You can simply mark those pages as stub by adding {{stub}} in the beginning of the article.
    It will then land here: wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Category:Stubs
    Also there is a small section in the beginning of such article stating it's deprecated/incomplete status.
  • Bogul wrote:

rds wrote:

Soo guys,

so its a question of

I tend to prefer the use the Holy staff approach, as the clarent one will need several iteration of the same informations. What if there is a new spell for swords ? Do we have to change 1 page or 6 ? Same question if there is a rework of a skill.
    Also 1 page each for a single weapon is too much. Like in the clarent one, why explaining how to craft a T4 and a T8 ? That's the same. But if you want to explain that, you'll need to explain how to craft a 4.1, 4.2, ...
    This also require more pages to be loaded, it's kinda bad server wise. Unless for ads tho.

I kinda liked working on the GvG mechanics page, when is the next focus ?
  • You guys should delete this Wiki: albiononline.gamepedia.com/Albion_Online_Wiki
    if you moved to this one:
    wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Albion_Online_Wiki

Because it is really confusing. If you google albion Wiki, the gamepedia one will be first. I didnt Not find the other one even on google unless i checked this thread.

Looking forward to contribute to the new Wiki.

Cheers,
    Mondmann

/edit: and you should link the Wiki somewhere in the Navigation bar on the Main Page :) so that everyone can easily find it

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mondmann ().

• I updated the mount page (wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Mount), including more rare mounts, faction and battle mounts. A table with everything about it on normal quality. And talked about where do you get some mounts. That was hard, I'm not that good with english and that table took sometime.

I don't have images from each mount.

I think it would be better to have a breeding mechanic page explaning about it. So this page will not be so huge.

edit: next week, I will make for breeding mechanic if no one do it or if it is incomplete.

The post was edited 2 times, last by PudimAzul ().

• Mondmann wrote:

You guys should delete this Wiki: albiononline.gamepedia.com/Albion_Online_Wiki
    if you moved to this one:
    wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Albion_Online_Wiki

Because it is really confusing. If you google albion Wiki, the gamepedia one will be first. I didnt Not find the other one even on google unless i checked this thread.

Looking forward to contribute to the new Wiki.

Cheers,
    Mondmann

/edit: and you should link the Wiki somewhere in the Navigation bar on the Main Page :) so that everyone can easily find it
    Hi Mondmann,

the new wiki is only a couple of weeks old and we haven't taken care of SEO yet. Thus it doesn't show up on google in the top results yet. It is something we have on our agenda and that we will take care of within the next weeks. Along with this we will probably also shut down the old wiki.
  • Hey Guys,

as I got sick of my usual task yesterday evening I put in a couple of minutes to improve the way you can retrieve item icons from our services. Now you don't need to know our internal item names anymore but can use the ingame item name for it. For the "T4_ARMOR_LEATHER_SET2" this would be <aoitem>Adept's Hunter Jacket</aoitem>.

By default those item names will be interpreted as english. If you do now know the english item name you can use it from any other language by specifying the language as attribute. In german for example it would be <aoitem language="de">Jägerjacke des Adepten</aoitem>. Valid language codes are en, de, ru, pl, pt, fr and es.

Please note that any typo will result in the icon not being found. The same goes for capitalization. So write it exactly as it is in the client.

Bonus: I also added a new tag for spells. With <aospell>Aggressive Caster</aospell> you will get the icon for the Aggressive Caster spell. Just like <aoitem/> it takes size and language as attributes.

I created a sample list of the different attributes and values you can use on my personal page in the wiki. So if you need an example, check here: wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/User:Dero

Best regards,
    Dero
  • Unii wrote:

Bogul wrote:

rds wrote:

Soo guys,
    i'm not going to have time to do that tonight or tomorrow, maybe end of week / weekend earliestbut we have some contenders for item pages:

so its a question of

I tend to prefer the use the Holy staff approach, as the clarent one will need several iteration of the same informations. What if there is a new spell for swords ? Do we have to change 1 page or 6 ? Same question if there is a rework of a skill.Also 1 page each for a single weapon is too much. Like in the clarent one, why explaining how to craft a T4 and a T8 ? That's the same. But if you want to explain that, you'll need to explain how to craft a 4.1, 4.2, ...
    This also require more pages to be loaded, it's kinda bad server wise. Unless for ads tho.

I kinda liked working on the GvG mechanics page, when is the next focus ?

I think the majority prefer the wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Holy_Staves design for now.

Lets try to work on the design for a proper item category page for this week as a topic? How about that?

So that would cover the first node on the destiny board as a category.

Like this

• So for the weapon pages, the following structure would apply in theory.

I made this below so you can easily copy & paste it, if you want to use it.
    (going top->down on the destiny board, should probably be in reverse order though)

edit: Fun things in regards to names I discovered while typing this:

1) Some items follow a fluff-naming scheme, or better say the node of the "skill" on the destiny board. Such as Warlock or Priest, compared to "Spear Fighter" (Item Name + Fighter) for others.
    2) The Destiny Board node name should be "Artifact Helmet" instead of "Artifact Helm"
    3) The ordering of how the items are displayed in the tree follow no appareant structure. Sometimes you have the "base" items first. Sometimes they are all mixed (but not alphabetical).
    4) @PrintsKaspian another thing to add to your terminology unification list ;)

examples of item display order(s):
    • normal in front, artifact in back:

• artifact in front, normal in back:

• mix it up

• Mage
      • Tome Fighter
        • Artifact Book
          • Eye of Secrets
          • Muisak
          • Taproot
        • Book
          • Tome of Spells
      • Warlock
        • Artifact Cursed Staff
          • Lifecurse Staff
          • Damnation Staff
          • Cursed Skull
        • Demonic Staff
        • Great Cursed Staff
        • Cursed Staff
      • Frost Mage
        • Artifact Frost Staff
          • Hoarfrost Staff
          • Icicle Staff
          • Permafrost Prism
        • Glacial Staff
        • Great Frost Staff
        • Frost Staff
      • Arcanist
        • Artifact Arcane Staff
          • Witchwork Staff
          • Occult Staff
          • Malevolent Locus
        • Enigmatic Staff
        • Great Arcane Staff
        • Arcane Staff
      • Priest
        • Artifact Holy Staff
          • Lifetouch Staff
          • Fallen Staff
          • Redemption Staff
        • Divine Staff
        • Great Holy Staff
        • Holy Staff
      • Pyromancer
        • Artifact Fire Staff
          • Wildfire Staff
          • Brimstone Staff
          • Blazing Staff
        • Inferno Staff
        • Great Fire Staff
        • Fire Staff
    • Cloth Armor Fighter
      • Cloth Cowl Fighter
        • Artifact Cloth Cowl
          • Fiend Cowl
          • Druid Cowl
          • Cultist Cowl
          • Royal Cowl
        • Mage Cowl
        • Cleric Cowl
        • Scholar Cowl
      • Cloth Robe Fighter
        • Artifact Cloth Robe
          • Fiend Robe
          • Druid Robe
          • Cultist Robe
          • Royal Robe
        • Mage Robe
        • Cleric Robe
        • Scholar Robe
      • Cloth Sandals Fighter
        • Artifact Cloth Sandals
          • Fiend Sandals
          • Druid Sandals
          • Cultist Sandals
          • Royal Sandals
        • Mage Sandals
        • Cleric Sandals
        • Scholar Sandals
    • Hunter
      • Torch Fighter
        • Artifact Torch
          • Mistcaller
          • Leering Cane
          • Cryptcandle
        • Torch
      • Quarterstaff Fighter
        • Artifact Quarterstaff
          • Black Monk Stave
          • Soulscythe
          • Staff of Balance
        • Quarterstaff
        • Iron-clad Staff
        • Double Bladed Staff
      • Dagger Fighter
        • Artifact Dagger
          • Bloodletter
          • Black Hands
          • Deathgivers
        • Dagger
        • Dagger Pair
        • Claws
      • Nature Staff Fighter
        • Artifact Nature Staff
          • Druidic Staff
          • Blight Staff
          • Rampant Staff
        • Nature Staff
        • Great Nature Staff
        • Wild Staff
      • Spear Fighter
        • Artifact Spear
          • Heron Spear
          • Spirithunter
          • Trinity Spear
        • Spear
        • Pike
        • Glaive
      • Bow Fighter
        • Artifact Bow
          • Wailing Bow
          • Bow of Badon
          • Whispering Bow
        • Bow
        • Warbow
        • Longbow
    • Leather Armor Fighter
      • Leather Hood Fighter
        • Artifact Hood
          • Hellion Hood
          • Stalker Hood
          • Royal Hood
          • Specter Hood
        • Mercenary Hood
        • Hunter Hood
        • Assassin Hood
      • Leather Jacket Fighter
        • Artifact Jacket
          • Hellion Jacket
          • Stalker Jacket
          • Royal Jacket
          • Specter Jacket
        • Mercenary Jacket
        • Hunter Jacket
        • Assassin Jacket
      • Leather Shoes Fighter
        • Artifact Shoes
          • Hellion Shoes
          • Stalker Shoes
          • Royal Shoes
          • Specter Shoes
        • Mercenary Shoes
        • Hunter Shoes
        • Assassin Shoes
    • Warrior
      • Shield Fighter
        • Artifact Shield
          • Caitiff Shield
          • Sarcophagus
          • Facebreaker
        • Shield
      • Crossbow Fighter
        • Artifact Crossbow
          • Siegebow
          • Weeping Repeater
          • Boltcasters
        • Crossbow
        • Heavy Crossbow
        • Light Crossbow
      • Hammer Fighter
        • Artifact Hammer
          • Tombhammer
          • Forge Hammers
          • Grovekeeper
        • Hammer
        • Great Hammer
        • Polehammer
      • Mace Fighter
        • Artifact Mace
          • Incubus Mace
          • Camlann Mace
          • Bedrock Mace
        • Mace
        • Heavy Mace
        • Morning Star
      • Axe Fighter
        • Artifact Axe
          • Carrioncaller
          • Infernal Scythe
          • Bear Paws
        • Battleaxe
        • Greataxe
        • Halberd
      • Sword Fighter
        • Artifact Sword
          • Clarent Blade
          • Carving Sword
          • Galatine Pair
        • Broadsword
        • Claymore
        • Dual Swords
    • Pate Armor Fighter
      • Plate Helmet Fighter
        • Artifact Helmet
          • Demon Helmet
          • Judicator Helmet
          • Royal Helmet
          • Graveguard Helmet
        • Soldier Helmet
        • Knight Helmet
        • Guardian Helmet
      • Plate Armor Fighter
        • Artifact Armor
          • Demon Armor
          • Judicator Armor
          • Royal Armor
          • Graveguard Armor
        • Soldier Armor
        • Knight Armor
        • Guardian Armor
      • Plate Boots Fighter
        • Artifact Boots
          • Demon Boots
          • Judicator Boots
          • Royal Boots
          • Graveguard Boots
        • Soldier Boots
        • Knight Boots
        • Guardian Boots

The post was edited 10 times, last by Bogul ().

• Dero wrote:

Hey Guys,

as I got sick of my usual task yesterday evening I put in a couple of minutes to improve the way you can retrieve item icons from our services. Now you don't need to know our internal item names anymore but can use the ingame item name for it. For the "T4_ARMOR_LEATHER_SET2" this would be <aoitem>Adept's Hunter Jacket</aoitem>.

By default those item names will be interpreted as english. If you do now know the english item name you can use it from any other language by specifying the language as attribute. In german for example it would be <aoitem language="de">Jägerjacke des Adepten</aoitem>. Valid language codes are en, de, ru, pl, pt, fr and es.

Please note that any typo will result in the icon not being found. The same goes for capitalization. So write it exactly as it is in the client.

Bonus: I also added a new tag for spells. With <aospell>Aggressive Caster</aospell> you will get the icon for the Aggressive Caster spell. Just like <aoitem/> it takes size and language as attributes.

I created a sample list of the different attributes and values you can use on my personal page in the wiki. So if you need an example, check here: wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/User:Dero

Best regards,
    Dero
    Hey,

Was creating the new "Hammers" page, and wanted to use the <aospell /> tag to display images, but it didn't work at all.

When i add "<aospell size="50>Bash Knee</aospell>" anywhere on the page, and i try to preview it or submit changes, all i get is :

Internal error

[91976fc199d82a6406266433] 2018-08-25 12:29:43: Fatal exception of type "Error"

I did test it on your page and i work just fine. Any idea ? Do new pages need to do something ?
  • Unii wrote:

Dero wrote:

Hey Guys,

Best regards,
    Dero
    Hey,
    Was creating the new "Hammers" page, and wanted to use the <aospell /> tag to display images, but it didn't work at all.

When i add "<aospell size="50>Bash Knee</aospell>" anywhere on the page, and i try to preview it or submit changes, all i get is :

Internal error

[91976fc199d82a6406266433] 2018-08-25 12:29:43: Fatal exception of type "Error"

I did test it on your page and i work just fine. Any idea ? Do new pages need to do something ?
    I just tried this when putting it on top of a page as well as to the bottom of it and got different results. I will look into this error. Just one thing on your comment here: Your missing a " after the size value :)

Will write again when I figured out what's happening.

EDIT:

Found the issue. There was a typo in capitalization of a class name which caused an error to be thrown if a spell was to be displayed prior to any item. Fixed this now so you should have no issues anymore.

Best regards,
    Dero
  • Unii wrote:

@Dero Thanks for the fix ! I added some images, but i got some that are not showing.

Some image in the Hammers page aren't showing at all : wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Hammers . I checked in game to see if the name of those skill were wrong but it's not

And the image for the 1H hammer E, Earth Shatter is the Command mamoth Earth Shatter.

If you can see why i got those issues it would be great :)

Thanks !
    Hi Unii,

I did a really quick analysis for now on those spells.

1) Knockout
    The spell exists and is listed on the item properly, yet it is not indexed by the service providing images. This may be due a spell type that we haven't covered there or to a missing update at some point. I will check this the next days.

2) Earth Shatter
    There are a total of 3 Skills on our side that are named 'Earth Shatter' with different unique names. The service just takes the first match it finds and does no analysis on it, as it couln't even know which one you mean with the translated name. What you can do here is use the internal unique name for the spell which in your case would be 'HAMMERWHIRLWIND2'. For now I don't know how to improve this for you with the data we have on the service.

3) Tackle and others
    It looks like we have multiple skills here with the same name as well. Some of them not having an icon because they are DOT ticks or similar. If those get "chosen" as they are the first search response internally it can result in the image not being displayed. I'll check what I can do to improve this.

The page you created for hammers is really great for this. This way I now have a "real life" example to test on. Will keep you posted.

Best regards,
    Dero
  • just noting it down so i don't forget:

in general the icon display order on the DB should always be (but isnt):

1h (item name) / 2h (greater version) / 2h (named version) / (rune item) / (souls item) / (relic item)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Bogul ().