The Albion Online Wiki

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Call for contributors: Team Albion Wiki

I'm currently looking for a few more interested people who want to take on a more active role within the albion wiki-project.
    That means: editors, regular contributors, proofreaders and anyone who wants to help out somehow.

If you're interested, hop on the official Albion Discord and talk to me in the #wiki-discussion channel or via PM here or on Discord (Bogul#6397).

Depending on the quality, quantity or general nature of the involvement within the wiki project I can probably get SBI to hand out a few more rewards for regular editors *cough* ;) .
    But the details of that would have to be discussed in private somehow.

Right now the main focus is to enhance the quality of the current articles a bit and figure out what the next steps could be.

If you have a good idea or want to focus on a specific topic, get in touch!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bogul ().

• November Wiki Contributors Announcement:

tl;dr: win gold-codes for adding pictures, templates and content to the wiki

I am happy to announce another little something for those of you who help out with the Albion Wiki Project in two (three) very specific ways:

1) The Albion Wiki needs more pictures!

The Albion wiki is not just a text-based resource, but for many also a place to look at things they haven't seen or things that are just better understood with pictures.
    But a lot of the wiki-pages still lack good and useful pictures to support the main article.

So to help a bit with this issue everyone who contributes a picture (screenshot or edited image) to the Wiki until November 30th 2018 (23:59 UTC), will be entered into a draw to win one of three 750 gold codes. In addition to those three codes, two 3750 gold codes will be given to the players who contribute the most images until November 30th.

If you have exceptional image editing skills, I am also reserving the option to add one or more 3750 gold codes to the best edited image(s) or screenshot(s) added to the wiki, that help clarify or explain a mechanic or feature of Albion Online.

If you you have a good idea for an image that can only be added if you have a game-master or test-server account and it might require cheats (like invisibility or god mode), please let me know and I will forward that to the right places!

2) The Albion Wiki needs more templates!

A template in the wiki sense is a reusable piece of content that can be put on many pages to display some kind of recurring information.

Here is some more information about what templates are and some examples from other wikis:

Anyone who will contribute a properly documented and immediately integratable template will be awarded with either one 750 gold or one 3750 gold code per template, depending on the complexity and usability of the template.

For now this will be an ongoing call for contributions and there will be no fixed deadline or limit for this kind of reward, until otherwise announced.

Please get in contact with me - Bogul here or on Discord (Bogul#6397) and show me your template, so I can take that to the good people at SBI to get it approved.

3) Guild-Pages and Player-Pages will be a thing in the future.

The current idea is to allow guilds and players to create their own entry on the Official Wiki.

The hope is that long-term, guilds and players are taking part in creating interesting information, stories and other content that are fun to read and add to the world of Albion.

I can see guilds using the wiki as a means to show off their achievements, use it for recruiting or for explaining their place in the history in the world of Albion.

Of course all pages like this will have to be heavily moderated and protected to prevent vandalism. The current rules for the guild-pages and player-pages are not yet finished and I would appreciate your input on what should be allowed and what not.

Here are a few points that will likely limit how these player and guild pages will look like (incomplete and open for feedback):
    • the content should be limited to the world of Albion as much as possible
      • meaning: no or very little references to outside or ‘real-life’ things that break the immersion
    • guild pages will likely contain a short “neutral and factual” first part that is in a overview about the guild in a “wiki writing-style” and a second part that is completely open and based on the creativity of the guilds propaganda/diplomacy department
      • likely only guild-masters (and wiki admins/sbi employees) can approve edits to guild pages
    • “embedding” content to twitch / youtube / other media will likely not be possible, however “linking” will be allowed depending moderation

This is then also an appropriate place to mention the moderation policy of the wiki:
    • The wiki will follow a two-strikes policy.
      • For any infraction that will require the wiki team to delete and remove content posted by your account, you will first receive a warning and a temporary ban from adding content to the wiki.
      • If we have to deal with you more than once, you will be permanently banned from adding content to the wiki. And your case will be submitted to the Albion customer service to see if your action will warrant other measures.

That's it for this brief announcement.
    Thanks for reading!

You can also check out my previous call for contributors (I’m looking for more people to join the wiki-team) in the forum thread and of course always say hello in the #wiki-discussion channel on the official Albion Discord to chat about all things wiki! :)
  • Bogul wrote:

1) The Albion Wiki needs more pictures!

The Albion wiki is not just a text-based resource, but for many also a place to look at things they haven't seen or things that are just better understood with pictures.
    But a lot of the wiki-pages still lack good and useful pictures to support the main article.

So to help a bit with this issue everyone who contributes a picture (screenshot or edited image) to the Wiki until November 30th 2018 (23:59 UTC), will be entered into a draw to win

(....)
    .. appareantly you guys didn't like uploading pictures too much..

Oh well, @Ageudum did though.

Grats. I'll send you a PM.

For everyone else, if you want to get involved in the wiki - get in touch! Lots to do :)
  • Announcing: The Weekly-Wiki Giveaway Series!

I am happy to announce various SBI-sponsored weekly giveaways for wiki-contributors!

"Over the coming weeks, we will chose one (or a limited set of) pages within the wiki each week.
    Everyone who helps the community by adding, editing or improving the information presented there will be entered into a prize-pool to win varying amounts of gold-codes."

Weekly-Wiki Giveaway #1:

To kick off the weekly-wiki series, the first topic will be: World Bosses.

Everyone who makes a contribution to one of the following pages listed below will have a chance to win a gold-code!
    (Prizes drawn approx. December 17th ; all edits done until December 16th 23:59 UTC count for the giveaway)

Pages eligible for the weekly-wiki giveaway this week are:
    Prize pool for Weekly-Wiki Giveaway #1:
    • up to 10x 750 Gold, given away randomly to anyone who contributes to one of the pages listed above
    • up to 5x 3750 Gold (depending on how many people contribute, intended to be given out to the editor who put in the most effort for each page listed above ; 1 code per page)
      • (potentially more than 1x 3750 gold for the best editors for each page, if it is to hard to decide which entries are "the best" or multiple people put in a lot of effort)
    Notes for this week:
    • If you need special screenshots let me know and I can probably get them for you from the test-server.
    • Ideally each page will contain the location, a bit of background or lore about the boss and the page ending with a description of the bosses abilities, suitable group composition(s) and special boss-drop rewards if any.
    If you want to chat about the wiki, have any questions about the giveaway or have other suggestions - you can always find me in the #wiki-discussion channel on the official Albion Discord.

• Bogul wrote:

Announcing: The Weekly-Wiki Giveaway Series!

I am happy to announce various SBI-sponsored weekly giveaways for wiki-contributors!

"Over the coming weeks, we will chose one (or a limited set of) pages within the wiki each week.
    Everyone who helps the community by adding, editing or improving the information presented there will be entered into a prize-pool to win varying amounts of gold-codes."

(...)
    This weeks weekly-wiki giveaway is almost over and we have only two days left :) You can still contribute to the weekly-wiki giveaway #1 until this Sunday (16th)!
    There is still a possibility for everyone to win some gold by adding to last weeks wiki-pages. Scroll up to see the details there.

As for the announcement this week:

Weekly-Wiki Giveaway #2: Ganking

8| Next weeks weekly-wiki giveaway will be all about one of the most adrenaline inducing activities in Albion: Ganking!

Everyone who will contribute strategies, tips or advice to the page listed below until December 23rd 23:59 UTC, will be entered into a pool to win one of the following prizes:
    • (up to) 2x 3750 Gold
    • (up to) 3x 750 Gold
    The eligible pages for the week#2 giveaway are:
    The large prizes (3750) will be given out to the best contributions and the smaller prizes (750) will be raffled among everyone who contributes to the page in a meaningful way.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Bogul ().

• Bogul wrote:

(...)

Weekly-Wiki Giveaway #1:

To kick off the weekly-wiki series, the first topic will be: World Bosses.

Everyone who makes a contribution to one of the following pages listed below will have a chance to win a gold-code!
    (Prizes drawn approx. December 17th ; all edits done until December 16th 23:59 UTC count for the giveaway)

Pages eligible for the weekly-wiki giveaway this week are:
    (...)

The results are in, we have a few great guides!

Congratulations:

@DominoHarvey (wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/World_Bosses)
    @Islendar (wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Bonecrusher_Earthmother & wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Prince_of_Morgana)
    @FRIIIX (wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Demon_Prince)
    @Lyrycs (wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Condemned_Harvester)

I will send the codes to you once I have them :) (probably tonight or tomorrow)

The weekly-wiki giveaway#2 is still running until sunday night, scroll up to see the details
  • Bogul wrote:

Weekly-Wiki Giveaway #2: Ganking

(...)

Everyone who will contribute strategies, tips or advice to the page listed below until December 23rd 23:59 UTC, will be entered into a pool to win one of the following prizes:
    • (up to) 2x 3750 Gold
    • up to) 3x 750 Gold
    The eligible pages for the week#2 giveaway are:
    The large prizes (3750) will be given out to the best contributions and the smaller prizes (750) will be raffled among everyone who contributes to the page in a meaningful way.

The Weekly-Wiki Giveaway was over on the 24th already, but due to the holiday business I didn't get to announce the winners on that day. My apologies for the delay.

Congratulations to @Deadlesszombie and @FRIIIX - you both snagged a 3750 one :)

I'll PM you the code once I have it.

I'll also announce the next weeks topic later. Check back in a bit ;)

• Weekly-Wiki Giveaway #3:

New Player FAQ

Many new players join Albion Online every day and some questions repeatedly come up again and again. I think it would be awesome if we can use the wiki as the central, public, open and collaborative resource to collect the most frequent questions and answers new players come across.

So until Sunday - Jan. 13th 23:59 UTC all contributions to the page linked below will be eligible for the prizes mentioned below.
    The big prizes (3750) will be given out among those who contribute the most to the wiki page linked above.
    The 750 gold codes will be raffled among everyone who makes any sort of helpful contribution to the wiki-page.

If you don't want to or can not contribute to the wiki directly, but you have a suggestion - lets say you have a good suggestion what kind of questions come up again and again - comment to this post and we will try to include them somehow as well :) If you do contribute to the wiki directly however, please try to link to other wiki pages in the answers.

One last thing of advice: be mindful that SBI is working on a revamped new-player experience, so some sort of straight up step-by-step guides might not be optimal in this context.
    Try to focus on things others may have asked you once when they were new.

Examples:

Q: What is a royal city?
    A: Citites located on the so called royal continent are referred to as royal cities. Namely: Fort Sterling, Lymhurst, Thetford, Martlock and Bridgewatch

Q: What is a challenge?
    A: A challenge is similar to a login-bonus. You get challenge points for doing things in-game and you get rewards once you reach a certain amount of points each week/month. You can see the current challenge if you click on the "Adventurer's Challenge" icon on the top right of your UI.

Q: What is premium?
    A: ...

The post was edited 4 times, last by Bogul ().

• I think we misunderstood each other @Bogul i dont want to participate in Gold giveaways. Just giving you or other people who will participate in it (fill wiki) - the most important info/ideas , when you just come to the game as a new player to get maximum profit.

I think it is obvious , what benefits will bring this rules for a newbie, especially for people who are playing since launch . But if you insist - i can type for you why.
    Youtube/Equart
  • Weekly-Wiki Giveaway #4:

Hey everyone :)

The topic of next weeks weekly-wiki giveaway will be: Territories
    specifically these four pages on the wiki:

1. wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Territory
    2. wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Home_Territory
    3. wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Resource_Territory
    4. wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Farm_Territory

The prizes for next week will be:
    • (up to) 4x 3750 Gold (one big code per page for the best contribution(s))
    • (up to) 6x 750 Gold (randomly given away among those who contribute useful information any of the pages, but don't quite qualify for "best")
    Contributions made to the pages linked above will count for the Weekly-Wiki Giveaway#4 starting now and count for the giveaway until Sunday Jan. 20th 23:59 UTC.

• Bogul wrote:

Weekly-Wiki Giveaway #3:

(...)
    So until Sunday - Jan. 13th 23:59 UTC all contributions to the page linked below will be eligible for the prizes mentioned below.
    (...)

And the winners for the Weekly-Wiki Giveaway #3 are:

@rds - 3750
    @Grimhawke-EB- 3750
    @Prizefighter- 3750
    @OsKiDo - 750
    @Heppernaut - 750

Grats! :thumbsup:

I'll send the keys as soon as I have them.

edit: all sent

The post was edited 2 times, last by Bogul ().