Risk vs. Reward

• Silks schrieb:

Let me explain to you, since you must barely leave town.
      Dude. according to @Scipianas I risk MILLLIONS by idling in town.
      FUCKING MILLIIONS!!!!

Scipianas schrieb:

So it's commonly called opportunity cost, sometimes substitution effect. Can be applied to goods and services, wages, even leisure time. It is mmmm actually I am not sure either highschool economics or maybe first year college.
      It is an incredibly simple concept, S E R I O U S L Y.
      This is game not a factory.
      You are not losing anything by the fact you are having fun instead of grinding.
      The goal is to have fun.

Also time&grind vs reward is what i consider the base of a stable system.
      Thanks for supporting my argument ;)
      risk vs reward is just an exciting bonus to spice things up.

Silks schrieb:

you cant currently make billions of silver in the OW without having to risk MUCH MORE than you would have to in HCEs.
      Yea, I also think open world needs some love.
      Why dont we focus on creating some fun and rewarding open world content instead of this stupid religious discussions about the 'greater values' of risk vs reward, sandbox, and all this shit that you guys always use to virtue signal your hardcore pvpness.
      'Cacatio Matutina Est Tamquam Medicina'
      X/
    • (sigh) It's not virtue signaling. It's based on economics. If there is an activity that provides high reward for low risk, people gravitate towards it and unfortunately that is HCE, which more unfortunately is instanced.

In a game where content has to widely be created and a player based economy, long term you can't have a significant portion of the population closeted away in instances, only adding silver to the general economy and not actively trashing anything other than food and potions.

Also I don't think you are risking millions in town. Your results would probably be a low outlier since you don't believe in economics, or risk and reward.
    • Scipianas schrieb:

(sigh) It's not virtue signaling. It's based on economics. If there is an activity that provides high reward for low risk, people gravitate towards it and unfortunately that is HCE, which more unfortunately is instanced.

In a game where content has to widely be created and a player based economy, long term you can't have a significant portion of the population closeted away in instances, only adding silver to the general economy and not actively trashing anything other than food and potions.

Also I don't think you are risking millions in town. Your results would probably be a low outlier since you don't believe in economics, or risk and reward.
      By pumping cash into black market they are trashing quite a lot ;)

How'bout balance the HCE by increasing the % of silver that goes from HCE to BM?
      X/
    • Cash into the BM still doesn't 'trash' anything it just complicates the wealth generation. At best those items get trashed when they are resold to people out in the BZ/RZ.

There really is no alternative other than to have

1) Limited repairs on items (no more repairing an item infinite times)
      2) Destroyed gear in HCE on wipes.
      3) Somehow shift HCE entry points so there is risk of pk, thus trashing.
      4) Intentionally nerf HCE so that people are motivated to do their primary fame farming in the BZ.
      5) No HCE Map drops inside HCE

Option 1, would actually probably be beneficial to the game as a whole depending on how active the crafting base is.
      Option 5 would probably accomplish 4 &3.

As an aside it's surprising the price of potions and food are so low. I've always been surprised that there is enough food supply in the game when it is such a low silver generation activity. Makes me think the game must have an insanely high number of new players that come in and quit before they are established.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Scipianas ()

• Scipianas schrieb:

Cash into the BM still doesn't 'trash' anything it just complicates the wealth generation. At best those items get trashed when they are resold to people out in the BZ/RZ.
      BM silvers comes from mob drops.
      BM buys player made equipment.
      BM trashes signifiacant % of this equipment and distributes remaining as item drops to players.
      (the trash percentage is one of the economy balance tools, there was a dev post about it)
      X/
    • vashangelarm schrieb:

they got rid of pve death because retards would pull 10 mobs on a group and wipe the whole group to easily. instead of making ambush not be able to work vs enemy's they change the pve mechanic instead. also Mobile players couldn't play the game properly with not getting wiped
      That didn't stop lol. I am pretty sure it still goes on assuming the pop can support it.

Redsaw schrieb:

Short answer, Yes, Risk vs Reward is slowly being removed because it doesn't appeal to a large enough playerbase for SBI to continue to grow.

That's what I have to assume, I personally think they should've stayed unique and remained in the Hardcore Full risk vs reward niche.

The argument that Albion Online is becoming a game for carebears has been made a thousand times, and its completely true, albion is consciously moving away from that sort of play style because it doesn't appeal to a larger audience.
      Is SBI really growing? I mean the constant expansion into new markets was a great buffer but that is over. I know a patch just dropped and they opened to steam not to long ago how was the pop before the patch and how is it now?

Anyone have a link to a post with the new resource maps? That is really why i am here lol.