What are some things other sandbox games have that this game doesn't and could be added?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• What are some things other sandbox games have that this game doesn't and could be added?

Throughout the years there have been a number of games that have come out that we would today consider to be sandbox. These would include games like Ultima Online, Asheron's Call, Shadowbane, etc.

Most of these games didn't have large narrative style quest chains to complete and those that did exist were more interested in explaining the background and history of the world as opposed to building a narrative that players needed to follow. As players reach the end game in this game where they've chosen a weapon they want to play there is very little for them to actually do other than the nightly ZvZ centered around warcamps, the occasional ganking, and that's about it. This is why many MMOs have lasting, repeatable content that players can enjoy delivered on regular/monthly intervals.

Albion Online seems to really be lacking in a lot of this. It launched with very little to do. Much less than the other games I've listed. And it hasn't really developed more to do since then as most new content that has been added has been focused on ZvZ, Warcamps, and Ganking.

So I ask the community, what were some things you enjoyed doing in other sandbox style games that seem to be missing here? What are some things that the developers could provide us to occupy our time in this game? More sand for the sandbox as it were.
    • Ultima Online was the best sandbox game, if albion wants to be successful they should basically copy that game and implement all the features it had back in 99.
      Gates, recall spells, dungeons with better pve. they need to add a lot more different kinds of monsters.
      They need to add cities in the black zones and they need to balance pvp a lot more.
      Also the game is way too grindy from t6 to t8. Until all those things are fixed this game will continue its journey into the abyss.
    • Kinrad schrieb:

Ultima Online was the best sandbox game, if albion wants to be successful they should basically copy that game and implement all the features it had back in 99.
      Gates, recall spells, dungeons with better pve. they need to add a lot more different kinds of monsters.
      They need to add cities in the black zones and they need to balance pvp a lot more.
      Also the game is way too grindy from t6 to t8. Until all those things are fixed this game will continue its journey into the abyss.

this is pretty funny, because when i go to forums of those games they are all complaining about unbalanced pvp. All those features are already here, just a toned down a bit, same as mob diversity, which doesnt really add any content.

and black zone cities is dogshit idea which we could witness in beta
    • I truly have not, and do not really ever plan to experience the full range of gameplay in AO, as I bought it as a background pass-time while working on other projects. So I am most probably not the core audience this game was designed around, but having said that I have really been surprised by how un-sandboxy so many of the game elements seem to me. This game seems more rigidly structured in many ways than many games I've played that do not even try to imply that they are sandbox games. I assume much of this is based around the desire for a very simplified identification system that allows opponents easy and rapid recognition of each others strengths and weaknesses. Honestly, this philosophy seems to have been applied to so many non-combat related elements I do not feel many opportunities for player innovation, customization, and creativity. This game does great for what I use it for, but I would never invest much effort into the deeper aspects of the game due to it feeling more like a cementbox than a sandbox.
    • open Player Towns.

I came from Darkfall and Player cities could be sieged and raided. So if the enemy managed to sneak in your town undetected, they could kill players afk at the bank. You could also harvest from the towns grove. Right now towns have the option to open borders, but there’s zero incentive to. Imo they could open up Towns to be open with a heavy set of guards on a short CD. So no zerg could camp a town indefinitely, or maybe the guards grown in strength/number the longer they are pinged .

This I think falls in line with some past roadmap suggestions SBI has shown. Suggestions of Being able to build defenses n such seems to indicate a siege function is at least being brainstormed by SBI
    • A proper siege mechanic would certainly be a great addition to this game. That was the premier end-game content for Shadowbane for example. But that requires quite a lot of development resources to implement.

What are some low hanging fruit that they could implement?

The easiest thing they could do is make more decorations for player housing. If it has a model in game, why can't we loot it and put it on our island? While this is limited greatly in overall value because there's not much value individual player housing, it still something a lot of players enjoy. More house designs and larger houses would certainly be nice too. I'll admit, I had one hell of a decorated tower in UO and we had tons of open roleplayish type places too (Atlantic Mage Tower comes to mind).

We know a lot of players want to have more freedom in the way their weapons look. Why not allow us to turn in a large number of faded essence and create spectral weapons. These spectral weapons wouldn't drop when we die and we could choose any available weapon graphic in game to use for them so long as they fit into a generic 1h/2h/dual wield/range type model. That way you couldn't make a galatine use a 1handed model and gain an offhand for example. To ensure we still have proper full loot in this game, players would have to take a normal weapon or artifact to make a spectral version of that item. They could then put the spectral version into the weapon they crafted and that's how their crafted weapon would actually gain the 'e' skill to use. Then if a player died, the spectral item would drop and players could convert them back to their normal unspectral version if they wanted.

While this is hardly a low hanging fruit, it's ultimately done with a few town vendors and a library of available weapon graphics.
    • tabooshka schrieb:

Kinrad schrieb:

Ultima Online was the best sandbox game, if albion wants to be successful they should basically copy that game and implement all the features it had back in 99.
      this is pretty funny, because when i go to forums of those games they are all complaining about unbalanced pvp. All those features are already here, just a toned down a bit, same as mob diversity, which doesnt really add any content.

and black zone cities is dogshit idea which we could witness in beta
      I disagree. Different mobs require a different playstyle. Its interesting to fight dragons, wyvern over just plain Orcs an Skeletons...
    • Gates recalls being pk or blue etc was awesome in Uo.

Also pk plots (pk castles in uo) could be awesome.I would like to see more pvp in game and no limits.

Could be fun if i see someone who i hate in a town and kill him.

And yeah,factions too.What is faction ? There are 2 types of faction and if u sign one of them you can attack the other faction members in towns in anywhere.

Gates must necessary too.

Fames can be nice as a tag in front of your name.

[Glorious Lord] Arqe

etc.

What i love in uo was "you can make traps,casting spells on horse,Gates-recalls,can kill anyone in anywhere"
    • I guess this game has no love. Everything in this game feels like mathematics.

It starts with Items have no names but just T1 to T8. Spear T1 Spear T8 and it ends with no diversity in the landscape/just a few samelooking biomes and they are everywhere.

Every graphic is a means to an end.

I dont have a problem with it. I love/am doing trading and give not much about the look and feel.

But I guess many other players know from other mmorpgs/rpgs the diversity of every place. People, Places, Houses, Items with stories.

Yes "this is sandbox. The players make their own story!" But its not the same stories I am talking about that fullfill the land with life while you are travelling/adventuring arround.

This and many other things.

Sorry bad english.
    • Willi schrieb:

I guess this game has no love. Everything in this game feels like mathematics.

It starts with Items have no names but just T1 to T8. Spear T1 Spear T8 and it ends with no diversity in the landscape/just a few samelooking biomes and they are everywhere.

Every graphic is a means to an end.

I dont have a problem with it. I love/am doing trading and give not much about the look and feel.

But I guess many other players know from other mmorpgs/rpgs the diversity of every place. People, Places, Houses, Items with stories.

Yes "this is sandbox. The players make their own story!" But its not the same stories I am talking about that fullfill the land with life while you are travelling/adventuring arround.

This and many other things.

Sorry bad english.
      The resources do have names...

T8 ore is Admantium
      T7 ore is Meteorite
      It goes on for all the items
    • 3v3 Hell Gates
      Titles & Surnames

The PVE content for a Fantasy MMORPG is very lacking, I understand that it's a PVP based game but from what I can tell far more time is spent doing PVE content than PVP, I don't mean this on a case by case I mean as more of an average overall. Compare guilds pvp fame to pve fame that should make the case for me. Would make sense to expand on what people spend the most time on if only just a little.
    • What if there was a "Who wants to be a Millionaire" type of Dungeon. You would go deeper and deeper in the dungeon with procedurally generated levels that are different every time you play. At certain points you have a chance to take the loot you have found and escape or dare to go deeper. If you die you lose all (except fame of course).

It is a rip-off idea from Rogue-like games like Nethack and Diablo, I guess? But it could be fun.
      IGN : Ravenar
      Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Trial Keys on Request!