Crafting and fishing question

• Crafting and fishing question

Hello!
      I recently started playing and I decided to spend all my focus on farming spots on my island,
      But I am also skinning animals and fishing a bit.
      If I don't plan to spend focus on refining should I just sell all the hides I gather or still refine them, then sell?
      Is there actually something worth to craft with leather that doesn't rely on focus and quality?

I noticed that journals for fishing require more fame than others.
      Is it difficult to fill up that journal? And how long may it take?
      I have unlocked T5 fishing gear already and but I get a lot of seaweed which gives no fame.

I may later focus on food crafting with fish and food from farm, just wanna know if fishing can be good for that
    • Ok a lot of questions here.

In terms of selling raw hides versus refined leather, it's almost always going to be worth more to sell them as raw hide versus refining them. However, you should check the market prices if you are moving a lot of them, especially .2 or .3 leather.

You don't need to use focus while crafting, however in general you may end up crafting at a loss as much of the profits from crafting items can be linked directly to focus. If it's cheaper to just buy the mats off the AH and sell the finished product without focus, people would be doing it all day long until the mats cost more than the finalized items.

Fishing journals do require more fame, but seem to reward higher returns than most of the average journals. I have not done much with fishing journals but I have heard the T7 journal returns can be very profitable and you can fill T7 journals by fishing up fish at any level.

In terms of getting seaweed, that means you are fishing in open water. If you fish in pools or the single fish nodes around the map, you will not find any seaweed. If you're trying to level up, it's good to fish in the pools and when you clear them all, you can fish using bait for a bit while they restock (or change zones).

Fishing can be very profitable as a gathering profession and the fish based foods are the top end foods for a majority of the classes in game right now.
    • Drixus schrieb:

I have unlocked T5 fishing gear already and but I get a lot of seaweed which gives no fame.
      Don't be sad when you get seaweed. I was shocked to find that it sells for 500 silver. The reason is that you need seaweed to craft fish sauce, and you need fish sauce to enchant food. Now I'll sometimes fish the open water intentionally to get seaweed.
    • Dreviko schrieb:

Hi, i have a question about the diary. What trophy I need use in my house to get more happy?
      It depends what kind of workers you are using. However all of them can use Generalist trophies. You can increase workers happiness by putting one of each tier trophy in the house. If you have a Tier 5 house, you can put T2, T3, T4 and T5 trophies.

Gamekeeper have special Gamekeeper trophies and Mercenary have Mercenary trophies. Fisherman have one trophy that is t8.
    • I'm a pretty new player and I've been considering doing some fishing myself. Currently I'm doing Lumberjack-planing-bowcrafting-archer. I think it would be tough to start draining points into another branch in the destiny board. I honestly don't want to get into alts and all that but if it's really truly worth it I will. I ran 5-8 accounts in archeage so I'm kind of over the alts but if it's something I really need I may do it. What do you guys think? Can I fish on my main or will I have to get an alt?
      What we obtain too cheaply; we esteem too lightly. It is in dearness only that gives everything it's value.
    • Axxis schrieb:

I'm a pretty new player and I've been considering doing some fishing myself. Currently I'm doing Lumberjack-planing-bowcrafting-archer. I think it would be tough to start draining points into another branch in the destiny board. I honestly don't want to get into alts and all that but if it's really truly worth it I will. I ran 5-8 accounts in archeage so I'm kind of over the alts but if it's something I really need I may do it. What do you guys think? Can I fish on my main or will I have to get an alt?
      Fishing is very easy to level and it takes a minimal amount of learning points. To make things easier, you can eat the fish you gather to level even faster. To get a high end game specialization will take some time or significant learning points, but if you want to be able to catch the tier 7 fish (which is where the money is) you only need to get to T6 fisherman which is level 30. Most of the nodes will take you two learning points to gain a level at 20% which means for about 2-3 days worth of learning points you can be a T6 fisherman. No gathering profession comes close to being that easy to level.

You could actually level all the way in town by just buying the fish off the auction house if you wanted.
    • Thanks for the reply man I appreciate it. I was busy yesterday so I apologize for not getting back sooner. Still trying to learn all this so I'm just taking things one step at a time and trying to enjoy it. :thumbup:
      What we obtain too cheaply; we esteem too lightly. It is in dearness only that gives everything it's value.
    • Axxis schrieb:

Thanks for the reply man I appreciate it. I was busy yesterday so I apologize for not getting back sooner. Still trying to learn all this so I'm just taking things one step at a time and trying to enjoy it. :thumbup:
      No problem bud. If you enjoy the fishing mini-game I definitely think it's worth leveling, there is a lot of money to be made there if you can get yourself into that style of gathering.