the invincible armor/weapon setup for soloers

• the invincible armor/weapon setup for soloers

full cloth, hammer and orb

usage of spells during fight:
    .) start fight with magic barrier up
    .) before barrier vanishes cast orb for additional protection
    .) stun, heal, normal dps during fight
    .) when mana is low use ice block to replenish mana while invulnerable

kill mob with full health at the end of the fight, if additional mana is needed just cast ice block again

why iam writing this? cause i wanted to give u a heads up how OP this combination of armor/weaponry is. does it need a fix? up to you.
    Alt-ion Online, everybody's alt matters
  • Yea we met Luca in Dun Moreg or the other one, in group dungeon. He seemed that soloing it is no issue with his setup. ^^

But there will be always the best gear for this and that, as usual. Most people from what I've seen in any game go with FOTM builds, only some make theirs own and stick with what they like.
  • You consider this build over powered? In what way? It seems to just be a viable method of soloing mobs.

It's a completely useless build outside of attempting to solo mobs which isn't the most efficient way at progressing in the game at the moment. This build would get steamrolled in PvP by simply interrupting barrier and roflstomp 0% phys resist.. One thing I do enjoy about albion is that you can make these niche builds to suit the way you want to play the game, nonetheless.

EDIT: Also, very little reason to take cloth boots over plate boots in this setup.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Luci ().

• Luci wrote:

You consider this build over powered? In what way? It seems to just be a viable method of soloing mobs.

It's a completely useless build outside of attempting to solo mobs which ...

EDIT: Also, very little reason to take cloth boots over plate boots in this setup.

well, i wrote in the OP "for soloers" for a reason and yes, plate boots would be even better than cloth in the solo scenario.
    Alt-ion Online, everybody's alt matters
  • diLuca wrote:

Luci wrote:

You consider this build over powered? In what way? It seems to just be a viable method of soloing mobs.

It's a completely useless build outside of attempting to solo mobs which ...

well, i wrote in the OP "for soloers" for a reason and yes, plate boots would be even better than cloth in the solo scenario.

Yeah, I understand. I just wouldn't call the overall build OP, just a strong niche. Some pieces of this setup are OP though.

I think magic barrier should be changed mechanically. It's too strong when you get it off, but i'm sure we'll see a lot of balance changes regarding things like this come next alpha.