Bow: Analysis of its problems and a way to improve it [Cooperative Thread]

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• I'll quote everything then.

SirusX715 schrieb:

I don't disagree that deadly shot in it's current form should be kept around. Like you said, it's useful to have for some pve/faming content.

This thread has people saying deadly shot needs to do x, do more damage, etc in this thread so that it can compete with the fire q for 5v5. I just think that whole line of discussion is dumb. Let the fires and frosts be the ranged q spammers. Let bow be different.
      The 1st paragraph supports keeping deadly shot as is.

SirusX715 schrieb:

I don't disagree ...
      This roughly translates to "I do not not agree..." which in turn translates to either "I agree ..." or "I don't care ...".

SirusX715 schrieb:

it's useful to have for some pve/faming content.
      This refers to deadly shot being useful for content, further supporting my assumption that you are in favor of keeping deadly shot as is. It is also established a while back that deadly shot is basically a copy of frost/fire Q's.

These 2 sentences has me thinking you want what is basically a copy of either frostbolt or firebolt (the skills that enable the turret play of frost/fire) to remain as is.

SirusX715 schrieb:

This thread has people saying deadly shot needs to do x, do more damage, etc in this thread so that it can compete with the fire q for 5v5. I just think that whole line of discussion is dumb.
      This further cements the idea that you do not want deadly shot to change. At this point it is all very cohesive. Then there's this

SirusX715 schrieb:

Let the fires and frosts be the ranged q spammers. Let bow be different.
      Keeping deadly shot as is makes it very similar to frost/fire Q spammers. Keeping deadly shot as is makes the bow be very similar to frost/fire (not different from frost/fire).

SirusX715 schrieb:

The game doesn't need a bunch of ranged q spam builds. So, I think the whole line of discussion on deadly shot is a dead end. If you want to make bows interesting, I'd add a a new low/zero damage, medium cooldown, long range skill shot on q that interrupts first enemy target hit.
      I'm adding this to keep the idea you want whole.

You want to either: change 2 existing Q's that already work with the AA centric nature of bow because deadly shot doesn't, or (this is what I believe you want) create a 4th Q that works well with the AA centric nature of bow because deadly shot doesn't. Again, interesting logic.

This thought process really is interesting in that you want 2 thinks that are essentially opposites of each other.
    • You're overcomplicating things. I came in and posted that a new q would be better than trying to fix deadly shot. The next reply brought up that deadly shot may be needed for pve. I thought about that and agreed because without deadly shot there would not be good single target q for new players.

Having 4 q options would be the best in my opinion, but I can't think of a weapon line that doesn't have exactly 3. So, that may be a constraint. If I had to pick just 3, I'd drop deadly shot and make poison arrow available out of the gate.
    • SirusX715 schrieb:

You're overcomplicating things. I came in and posted that a new q would be better than trying to fix deadly shot. The next reply brought up that deadly shot may be needed for pve. I thought about that and agreed because without deadly shot there would not be good single target q for new players.

Having 4 q options would be the best in my opinion, but I can't think of a weapon line that doesn't have exactly 3. So, that may be a constraint. If I had to pick just 3, I'd drop deadly shot and make poison arrow available out of the gate.
      While you're right that there is a lack of single target burst damage for a Q skill, I'd argue that such a skill just doesn't fit with the rest of the weapon and would be disingenuous to new players. It introduces a playstyle that simply doesn't work and would be abandoned immediately after they unlocked poison shot or even multishot. I feel we've already gone over in enough detail why that's the case.

Really, making it instant cast with a short duration (5s) buff and a slightly longer (7s) cooldown is the best option imo.