Underpowered = Cursed Skull

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• There are tons of better alternatives. If you're poor and ok with a middling choice, you could go longbow as stated above. If you want top tier there's always siege bows. Cursed Skull would need its damage doubled to compete with something like Siegebow.

They should have made it tick twice a second and apply vile curses instead. They could then improve Great Cursed staff in other ways since the 2 would overlap so much in function but great staff clearly awful in comparison at that point.
    • Nvs1980 schrieb:

There are tons of better alternatives. If you're poor and ok with a middling choice, you could go longbow as stated above. If you want top tier there's always siege bows. Cursed Skull would need its damage doubled to compete with something like Siegebow.

They should have made it tick twice a second and apply vile curses instead. They could then improve Great Cursed staff in other ways since the 2 would overlap so much in function but great staff clearly awful in comparison at that point.
      This and increase the range of vile curse to 11m or make cursed sickle viable by giving it a additional AOE damage component or some kind of debuff.
      [url='https://tinyurl.com/y7d4nfx5']AO Quick Reference Guide[/url]

Referral Key: https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

Trial Keys: PM at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 on https://discord.gg/dcH32z
    • I'm actually opposed to increasing the range of vile curse.

I'd much rather see them increase the damage slightly and reduce the max number of stacks to 3 and increase the DOT duration by 1 second so the overall damage of 3 new stacks vs 4 old stacks was close.

These changes would make curse sickle much better too because the primary problem with sickle right now is how hard it is to stack the DOTs because they fall off so quick.

To then reward curse for having such a short range, they'd get some kind of secondary ability.

For example, pick one:
      A debuff that made the target take a percentage more damage as opposed to just reducing armor. Say 5% per stack.
      A debuff that would also heal you for say 5 damage a stack every second.
      A debuff that would also drain 5 energy a stack every second.

This way you play into the debuff role of the class more, it would certainly make other abilities that also apply vile stacks that much more powerful since they're currently all kind of meh because vile curse is kind of meh. It would also likely make the weapon more attractive in GvG without giving it a raw damage increase and would still be viable even with so much cleanse these days.
    • I honestly think that Cursed Skulls are actually an underrated weapon. Haunting Screams does a good chunk of damage even when compared to Siegebow E but it's advantage is that it is fire and forget. Once it's dropped you a free to maneuver. This is extremely beneficial when facing a group of enemies with any sort of cc that would otherwise interrupt your Siegebow channel.

Something to mention is that you are comparing a relic to a soul artifact weapon. Obviously with relic weapons being more expensive to obtain the developers will want some incentive for people to want them, However, I wouldn't say equipping 3-4 people in your zerg with cursed skulls for the price of one Siegebow is a bad thing.
    • Understand that the siegebow is a relic weapon, but the damage is not even close:

Siegebow: 296 damage + 2% of player HP for 5s. (5 or 6 ticks?)
      Cursed Skull: 134 damage +2% of HP for (6 ticks).

Longbow explosive arrow combo does more damage than the cursed skull, and is not even an artifact weapon!

edit - numbers from Elsa's Item Skills and Stats spreadsheet at 1060 IP.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Grimhawke-EB ()

• I don't know if you've actually played Siegebow before, but if you get stunned during a Siegebow E you stop doing damage. This happens a lot when an enemy group has tanks and dps worth a damn. A prevalent example of this was during a Carleon city fight I recently did where the enemy team managed to smokebomb or stun a majority of our Siegebow Es during its channel. I wish I had cursed skull as an option during that fight.

Just because something has higher potential damage output doesn't always mean it's in a usable fashion. Why do you think nobody uses normal crossbow in gvgs even though you can actually one shot people with the right build?

Not to mention you also have the armor pierce beam on w, which allows your zerg to output more potential damage.

Also for reference, Cursed Skull ticks 6 times, Siegebow ticks 5. And please don't post damage numbers without referring to Item power or tier.

But yes for the value, Longbow is the best value aoe burst weapon right now, but also fills more of a Brimstone role with its damage pattern being more front-loaded.
    • Grimhawke-EB schrieb:

Siegebow: 296 damage + 2% of player HP for 5s.

Cursed Skull: 134 damage +2% of HP for (not sure of duration but not that much longer to make up for the base damage being 50% less).
      You have to keep in mind when comparing a 5s channel to a less than 1s cast (almost instant) that during the 5 sec you would otherwise be standing still and channeling you can not only move but use abilities.
      the ability to apply 3 vile curses during those 5 seconds makes up for the damage discrepancy by itself, not to even mention the w spell options.
      imo the Cursed Skull is an underappreciated weapon with very viable aoe dmg in many situations.
    • Lukekk schrieb:

I don't know if you've actually played Siegebow before, but if you get stunned during a Siegebow E you stop doing damage. This happens a lot when an enemy group has tanks and dps worth a damn. A prevalent example of this was during a Carleon city fight I recently did where the enemy team managed to smokebomb or stun a majority of our Siegebow Es during its channel. I wish I had cursed skull as an option during that fight.

Just because something has higher potential damage output doesn't always mean it's in a usable fashion. Why do you think nobody uses normal crossbow in gvgs even though you can actually one shot people with the right build?

Not to mention you also have the armor pierce beam on w, which allows your zerg to output more potential damage.

Also for reference, Cursed Skull ticks 6 times, Siegebow ticks 5. And please don't post damage numbers without referring to Item power or tier.

But yes for the value, Longbow is the best value aoe burst weapon right now, but also fills more of a Brimstone role with its damage pattern being more front-loaded.
      Item power is the same, I took those values from Elsa's spreadsheet.

Totally understand that a stun stops the siege bow, but that is one of the few weaknesses of it. Even if you only get 2-3 ticks off, it is still doing as much damage as the full damage of haunting screams - which since it is a 5s long AOE DOT, is also easy for people to just walk out of since the AOE is only 6m.

IkeHyran schrieb:

Grimhawke-EB schrieb:

Siegebow: 296 damage + 2% of player HP for 5s.

Cursed Skull: 134 damage +2% of HP for (not sure of duration but not that much longer to make up for the base damage being 50% less).
      You have to keep in mind when comparing a 5s channel to a less than 1s cast (almost instant) that during the 5 sec you would otherwise be standing still and channeling you can not only move but use abilities.the ability to apply 3 vile curses during those 5 seconds makes up for the damage discrepancy by itself, not to even mention the w spell options.
      imo the Cursed Skull is an underappreciated weapon with very viable aoe dmg in many situations.
      In a real ZvZ setting, if you're trying to vile curse people with 8m range, you are just asking to be out of position and killed.

Look, I'm not saying cursed skull is not viable, but I think it and the overall curse line could use some love. It's very mediocre in almost all situations and there are better choices from other weapon lines.

• Nvs1980 schrieb:

There are tons of better alternatives. If you're poor and ok with a middling choice, you could go longbow as stated above. If you want top tier there's always siege bows. Cursed Skull would need its damage doubled to compete with something like Siegebow.

double dps and vile curse is just stupid and great cursed is already for that and you can apply vile curse yourself easily within the 5seconds
      it is a soul artifact not a relic like siegebow is so the dmg is lower and siegebow and siegebow requires you to stand still to use it
    • pewtha schrieb:

Nvs1980 schrieb:

double dps and vile curse is just stupid and great cursed is already for that and you can apply vile curse yourself easily within the 5seconds it is a soul artifact not a relic like siegebow is so the dmg is lower and siegebow and siegebow requires you to stand still to use it

This was already said above.

The only reason siege bow was mentioned was because it has a comparable damage pattern (damage over time with the player health component built in). The whole point was to give the original poster better ZvZ AE options than Cursed Skull. It wasn't intended to imply buffing Cursed Skull to be better than Siege bow.

The suggested change to be more reliant on Vile Curse is, in my opinion only, the major design flaw with the entire weapon kit. Every skill should be revolving around stacking Vile Curses and if they made this change, Great Staff and Skull would be very similar with Cursed Skull being the clear better option due to it not being channeled.

But yea:
      Cursed Beam should stack curses on the target and also cause the target to take XX% more damage over the duration of the channel as opposed to doing the damage it currently does.
      Armor Piercer is probably already powerful enough, but I'd rather it did 0 damage and just applied a vile curse to everyone instead.
      Grudge I heard used to do vile curses? That was before my time, but they could have found some way to make that work as opposed to introducing another debuff type that does nothing but damage.

You get the idea.