New Dev Talk: Season 3 Balance Changes

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Michael Schwahn schrieb:

Bringing Solo Builds More in Line
      We also want to tone down some solo builds, such as the Great Nature Staff - and particularly its kiting ability. These staffs already have such a strong survivability that their attack should be somewhat reduced: for example, their DoT range will be decreased, which will require staying closer to enemy targets to keep the DoT effective.
      Hello dear Albion online devs,
      i am a new player. today i set foot in bz first time, i was killing some skeletons and i thought how my damage is so weak while others 1-2 shot them. Then i read this, i am going to lose all my progress, time and effort. Now you are no different then WoW devs, who made you farm for life then take everything away with a patch for their pleasure. Keep up the goood work, well done, clap, i hope i can afford to buy another game before that patch hits. bb
    • Wesnt schrieb:

Michael Schwahn schrieb:

We also want to tone down some solo builds, such as the Great Nature Staff - and particularly its kiting ability. These staffs already have such a strong survivability that their attack should be somewhat reduced: for example, their DoT range will be decreased, which will require staying closer to enemy targets to keep the DoT effective.
      Hello dear Albion online devs,i am a new player. today i set foot in bz first time, i was killing some skeletons and i thought how my damage is so weak while others 1-2 shot them. Then i read this, i am going to lose all my progress, time and effort. Now you are no different then WoW devs, who made you farm for life then take everything away with a patch for their pleasure. Keep up the goood work, well done, clap, i hope i can afford to buy another game before that patch hits. bb

Wesnt schrieb:

Michael Schwahn schrieb:

Hello dear Albion online devs,i am a new player. today i set foot in bz first time, i was killing some skeletons and i thought how my damage is so weak while others 1-2 shot them. Then i read this, i am going to lose all my progress, time and effort. Now you are no different then WoW devs, who made you farm for life then take everything away with a patch for their pleasure. Keep up the goood work, well done, clap, i hope i can afford to buy another game before that patch hits. bb
      Do you know about respeccing in this game?

You only lose 20% of the fame....
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • Stravanov schrieb:

Wesnt schrieb:

Michael Schwahn schrieb:

Wesnt schrieb:

Michael Schwahn schrieb:

Do you know about respeccing in this game?
      You only lose 20% of the fame....
      Dear Sir/Madame,
      Do you realize all nature staffs share the same attack spell called poisoned thorns on W button. When they nerf it every nature option gets effected by it. The only other healer option is Holy, i never liked direct healing so its not an option for me. So do you want me to spec to a tank or dps, which takes us back to the point where i complain about losing everything i ve given to this game.
    • Wesnt schrieb:

Stravanov schrieb:

Wesnt schrieb:

Michael Schwahn schrieb:

Wesnt schrieb:

Michael Schwahn schrieb:

Do you know about respeccing in this game?You only lose 20% of the fame....
      Dear Sir/Madame,Do you realize all nature staffs share the same attack spell called poisoned thorns on W button. When they nerf it every nature option gets effected by it. The only other healer option is Holy, i never liked direct healing so its not an option for me. So do you want me to spec to a tank or dps, which takes us back to the point where i complain about losing everything i ve given to this game.
      My point is that you're only losing 20%.... Not "everything".
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • Stravanov schrieb:

Wesnt schrieb:

Stravanov schrieb:

Wesnt schrieb:

Michael Schwahn schrieb:

Wesnt schrieb:

Michael Schwahn schrieb:

Do you know about respeccing in this game?You only lose 20% of the fame....
      Dear Sir/Madame,Do you realize all nature staffs share the same attack spell called poisoned thorns on W button. When they nerf it every nature option gets effected by it. The only other healer option is Holy, i never liked direct healing so its not an option for me. So do you want me to spec to a tank or dps, which takes us back to the point where i complain about losing everything i ve given to this game.
      My point is that you're only losing 20%.... Not "everything".
      Then you are giving us an information about Fame, which must have a different section in the forums like beginner's guide. Because your point has nothing to do with what i just explained and asked you about. Maybe you didnt understand my problem.
      Under these circumstances, i am being forced to play a different role, tank or dps. Lets say i go with it, my entire build, gear, my future plans has to change according to that. So, we r going back to what i said at beginning, and this conversation is a loop.
    • Dev should realy quit listening the whiners, ppl who are fine with the game don't waste their time saying it on forum they just play but they may get tyred about dam "balance change" and quit (without any forum whine ^^) .
      if u feel u need to tone down kiting ability just change the last passive from nature staff, srsly WTF is wrong with u ? don't mess with dots :/ .
    • Bada schrieb:

Dev should realy quit listening the whiners, ppl who are fine with the game don't waste their time saying it on forum they just play but they may get tyred about dam "balance change" and quit (without any forum whine ^^) .
      if u feel u need to tone down kiting ability just change the last passive from nature staff, srsly WTF is wrong with u ? don't mess with dots :/ .
      if noone whined, first ppl would be fine with their lives, eating raw meat, carrying stuff on their shoulders. no need for fire, or tire.
      i am not wasting my time here, i am trying to prevent the ppl making this game with my hard earned money to waste my entire time spent on the game in near future. if you are fine with game, you should listen to your own advice and play the game instead of whining about whiners here.
    • So... Give us an overcharge feature but then nerf food. Hmm... I'm sorry but if i can afford expensive food then i should have an advantage if i use food. It's starting to seem that with every update the game is going in the direction of nothing matters and we all should be even at the end. Well make us have no armor and no skills and fight if that's the case...
    • @Wesnt

Have you looked at the exact changes?

Retroman schrieb:

• Hit & Run (passive)
        • Spells to trigger the effect: 4 -> 6
      • Poison Thorns (all Nature Staffs)
        • Number of ticks: 10 -> 7
        • Damage per tick: 11.94 -> 12.83

This is hardly even a nerf! And honestly, it seems like a buff for the kind of thing you're talking about. It actually does more damage. You will kill things faster. You just need to reapply the spell more often to keep your dots up. They are trying to nerf open world kiting with a great nature staff.

The reason they made these changes is Great Nature has become overpowered at kiting enemy players. Great nature should have strong survival (and it still will), but right now it goes too far: it is the king of open world solo play. There needs to be more variety in the open world. Or else have fun only ever 1v1ing other great natures ;)

These changes are not extreme. Great Nature will still very much be playable. Hopefully they will just bring great nature back in line with other open world 1v1 weapons.
    • Lanyday schrieb:

@Wesnt

Have you looked at the exact changes?

Retroman schrieb:

• Hit & Run (passive)
        • Spells to trigger the effect: 4 -> 6
      • Poison Thorns (all Nature Staffs)
        • Number of ticks: 10 -> 7
        • Damage per tick: 11.94 -> 12.83

This is hardly even a nerf! And honestly, it seems like a buff for the kind of thing you're talking about. It actually does more damage. You will kill things faster. You just need to reapply the spell more often to keep your dots up. They are trying to nerf open world kiting with a great nature staff.
      The reason they made these changes is Great Nature has become overpowered at kiting enemy players. Great nature should have strong survival (and it still will), but right now it goes too far: it is the king of open world solo play. There needs to be more variety in the open world. Or else have fun only ever 1v1ing other great natures ;)

These changes are not extreme. Great Nature will still very much be playable. Hopefully they will just bring great nature back in line with other open world 1v1 weapons.
      thank you, i didnt see these details. Yes thats what i was talking about, and it looks good on numbers.
      But! it ll not be as good as when executed in game; i.e. i can barely renew the dots while fighting, when fighting multiples or boss with intense skill users they usually drop off already. Nerfing that times 1/3 times while buffing it 1/11 in damage will not help me in anyway while i am farming solo, instead it ll give me much harder times and mostly end up as i reset the fights or die. And when i am in a group, i dont use posion thorns anyway, so i only need this skill when fighting solo mobs. All in all this is a nerf for me, and it ll really hit hard. This will force me to drop nature and healing at all, maybe i ll go spears, or quitters.
      They might take the support of ppl who hate natures in pvp, or young and fool ppl, i just ve seen so many games and patches and i can see whats coming on the horizon, and its not a cloud when it flies against the wind, its trouble.
    • Piddle schrieb:

Wesnt schrieb:

thank you, i didnt see these details. Yes thats what i was talking about, and it looks good on numbers.
      You should literally apologize to everyone who had to read your post, without you even bothering to know what you were whining about.
      i think i explained what i was whining about if you read the rest of that quote and it is actually worse then i feared, so yea i should apologize and make a more aggressive comment about whats coming.
    • Find a guild, join group, go fame in dungeons with friends/guildmates and stop whining. Healers are not meant to be damage dealers, if they do s**t loads of damage and can easily heal themselves, where do you see a balanced game? If you want to play solo nature healer, it's not developers fault, it's your choice to play a healer who does less damage than all other damage dealers. Oh, and did i mentioned that you can heal yourself?....
    • Wesnt schrieb:

Piddle schrieb:

Wesnt schrieb:

You should literally apologize to everyone who had to read your post, without you even bothering to know what you were whining about.
      i think i explained what i was whining about if you read the rest of that quote and it is actually worse then i feared, so yea i should apologize and make a more aggressive comment about whats coming.
      Yes. It isn't really important to me what you do after you apologize, but I am glad we are agreed that you should do it.
    • This game had alpha, beta, gamma, blabla, then released, dont know how many patches added, i guess running for 2 years on live server. Now after 2 weeks you sold the game to me for 20 box, you r making drastical changes to my class which will force me to comptletely respec or quit the game.

I want to ask you dear devs and players of this game, where have you been for 3 years before ruining ppls lives?

I can think of 3 things about a change that will destroy a class like this after years of game play, testing and patching;
      1- Devs have no idea what they were doing but they still released the game and patches.
      2- Devs are doing changes to the game as they please like in WoW
      3- Devs are making these changes cause of players who cant play this game and whine about how op nature is (then buy a nature stuff ,respec and play it yourself, but you cant thats why you cry about how op it is). If it was so op, why release it at beginning, why players who played the beta or other patch testing didnt say anything? This is a complete joke.
    • wasn't talking about you but nvm lol (was talking about nabs who think nature are kings and can't be 1v1 kill) seems to me u just here to argue with ppl cause once u read the change u see they're far from drastical (and they sounds like a buff wich is pretty dumb, imo don't change anything cause wondering if u guys playing your own game ^^)
    • Wesnt schrieb:

This game had alpha, beta, gamma, blabla, then released, dont know how many patches added, i guess running for 2 years on live server. Now after 2 weeks you sold the game to me for 20 box, you r making drastical changes to my class which will force me to comptletely respec or quit the game.

I want to ask you dear devs and players of this game, where have you been for 3 years before ruining ppls lives?

I can think of 3 things about a change that will destroy a class like this after years of game play, testing and patching;
      1- Devs have no idea what they were doing but they still released the game and patches.
      3- Devs are making these changes cause of players who cant play this game and whine about how op nature is (then buy a nature stuff ,respec and play it yourself, but you cant thats why you cry about how op it is). If it was so op, why release it at beginning, why players who played the beta or other patch testing didnt say anything? This is a complete joke.

i dont see any drastic changes, just shut up, buy tomes or respec
    • Bada schrieb:

wasn't talking about you but nvm lol (was talking about nabs who think nature are kings and can't be 1v1 kill) seems to me u just here to argue with ppl cause once u read the change u see they're far from drastical (and they sounds like a buff wich is pretty dumb, imo don't change anything cause wondering if u guys playing your own game ^^)
      I purchased 3 months of premium, after a few hours this video poped up from stream and i went nuts, i came here to show my reaction to incoming patch and ppl responsible for it but it turned into a war between me and ppl quote me, i felt like i had to answer. Since only post was mine when you posted, i took that whole on me.
      Understand this i am talking from my perspective of game play, which will disable my ability to fight multiple or intense skill casting boss with 3 second nerf. I believe these forums exist for ppl so they can raise voice and share thoughts, this might not effect 999.999 players but only me, but its still there. I also agree with what you said except drastical part.

tabooshka schrieb:

Wesnt schrieb:

This game had alpha, beta, gamma, blabla, then released, dont know how many patches added, i guess running for 2 years on live server. Now after 2 weeks you sold the game to me for 20 box, you r making drastical changes to my class which will force me to comptletely respec or quit the game.

i dont see any drastic changes, just shut up, buy tomes or respec
      I just want to play a steady, relaxing game, and they didnt give it to me for free, so i think i ve every right to talk here.

I ll shut up when they make poison thorns instant with 1.5-2 second cooldown like warlocks dot, and give it more range then melee ppl who can charge 20m, thats if these changes hit live servers as they are planning to.

Or i ll just shut up now, because i come here to escape the hell out there called "real life" as much time as i can spare here, but this has turned just as stresful today with these incoming changes, i dont need these online troubles in my life on top of a pile of irl crap.
      Go ahead and destroy a class, you just cant realize how this will effect ppl, its either you havent played a healer or another game, but probably both. Only like %10 maybe wont get effected by this who play only in guild groups like escort service mentioned by some ignorant filth who posted above " you r healer find guild heal others ass when they enjoy the game dpsing, eating every aoe out there sitting on fire".
      BYE