Season Rewards and City Plots

• Season Rewards and City Plots

The current 'Season' system offers no reward for attempting to claw your way to the top, aside from saying you're the best. Currently, there is no 'real' reward for winning a Season but "satisfaction;" and based on the effort put in throughout the Season, "satisfaction" alone shouldn't be the reward. There are by-products of reaching the top rankings, however, such as money from energy and resources from the territories required to get to the top. Alliances can funnel all territories and castles to one big-bad guild to get them as high as possible, but that proves relatively partisan and inequitable to the other alliance members. The entire foundation of the Seasons are flawed because all the tangible rewards are byproducts, not something you get based upon how well you did in the Season. Since the main reward ends up being 'credibility' as the best, there is no reason to fight to be the best. The purpose of this thread isn't to push this idea as the best thing to happen since Taco Bell; it's to get constructive feedback about the nature of the Seasons and what rewards could help make them more substantial in the game.

One idea that helps with a lot of issues in the current state of Albion is to rework City Plot ownership at the start of the Season:

"At the start of each Season guild's will be able to choose a new City Plot to base themselves out of for the upcoming Season. They will choose in order of rankings from the previous Season, with the top guild being able to choose any of the 48 City Plots, the second from the remaining 47, and so on."

Incorporating this into the game does a few things. Namely, it provides a significant reward based on how well an alliance, not a guild, does in the Season. It will help alleviate the mindset of "funnel all resources to one guild," making each member of an alliance more valuable because, in the end, they will need to be high enough to choose a home near their allies. It also gives an incredibly important goal for every guild to work towards; with 48 City Plots, each ranking will be as important as the next. Working to coordinate alliances and strategies for the next Season will also become much more important. It also makes the barrier to Mercia, the "best" of the black zones, easier for Guilds who might have reached the top from a different area.

(from the comments: Alongside this update I'd love to see each City Plot get a bonus on the return of the material found in the City Plot's biome: for instance in Dun Pender you'd get back more (or all) ore/bars, etc.)

But again, this is just one idea as to a reward for the Season, but it is one that fixes a lot of issues with the Season's as well. I'm not saying that this should be added immediately, but rather trying to see what the community thinks of the current Season rewards and their thoughts on how to better them.
    i stream and post videos on the internet
    twitch.tv/Tazzik
    youtube.com/SeanTazzik

The post was edited 2 times, last by Tazzik ().

• there are more glaring problems with albion like the entire games goal in general.

ignoring that for a moment lets talk about the value of "winning"

- make taking castles actually matter and reward each individual with rewards not just the guild
    - make territorys reward the members and not just the guild
    - make it so that city plots actually being used by members have much higher returns so to encourage transfer of stuff from citys which in turn makes ganking better and create more content

the individual of albion is fucked and that is doom for the game. this whole "season winner" is so meaningless and driven by so few members its sad
  • Magemx wrote:

there are more glaring problems with albion like the entire games goal in general.

- make taking castles actually matter and reward each individual with rewards not just the guild
    - make it so that city plots actually being used by members have much higher returns so to encourage transfer of stuff from citys which in turn makes ganking better and create more content

the individual of albion is fucked and that is doom for the game. this whole "season winner" is so meaningless and driven by so few members its sad
    Alongside this update I'd love to see each City Plot get a bonus on the return of the material found in the City Plot's biome: for instance in Dun Pender you'd get back more (or all) ore/bars, etc.
    twitch.tv/Tazzik
    youtube.com/SeanTazzik
  • Magemx wrote:

there are more glaring problems with albion like the entire games goal in general.

Albion, at the out land level isn't about the individual even remotely. What world does it make sense that the individual is benefited solely by territories that require 5 man teams to control, and large armies to maintain outside of that for WC's and defense?

The Terry provides defense to the solo player, it provides resources (depending on the how the guild shares/doesn't), it provides storage and a safe haven and a point of fortification to fight from when/if needed.

What you want is greedy game play, If everything benefits the individual there is ZERO reason to play as a group outside of the "usefulness" of your friend/ally. That doesn't foster communities, guilds, or alliances. It fosters you joining one guild, taking what you can and moving to the next.

The game has a few downfalls for sure, no argument. But benefiting the solo player isn't how to fix those, even remotely. Ignoring the fact the topic of the thread has literally nothing to do with what you're talking about.

Tazzik you right, should be tangible rewards/reasons to win as an alliance not a guild. Not sure if this is the exact way to go, but I do like Mercia / Cumbria / Anglia changing based on strength of an alliance more than a guild. Would like to see more balance between the three continents to foster localized wars and not grand scale shit we're seeing right now.
  • Shadeless wrote:

Tazzik you right, should be tangible rewards/reasons to win as an alliance not a guild. Not sure if this is the exact way to go, but I do like Mercia / Cumbria / Anglia changing based on strength of an alliance more than a guild. Would like to see more balance between the three continents to foster localized wars and not grand scale shit we're seeing right now.
    Yeah, I think there is a lot of room for improvement in many areas of the game but by focusing on this type of area you can improve many different areas at once.
    twitch.tv/Tazzik
    youtube.com/SeanTazzik
  • I agree and i like it. Also Cp's need a rework, nobody are using it, they should make a change for example in Caerleon reduce % taken by Refine and Crafting to 25% and then keep Cp's in Black Zone with 40%. Is not point for have a CP now, i remember when releases starts was really nice how you could see a lot of people waiting in underways, maps..etc etc, for gank ox that were travelling between Cp's and Caerleon.
  • SkuzKabel wrote:

I agree and i like it. Also Cp's need a rework, nobody are using it, they should make a change for example in Caerleon reduce % taken by Refine and Crafting to 25% and then keep Cp's in Black Zone with 40%. Is not point for have a CP now, i remember when releases starts was really nice how you could see a lot of people waiting in underways, maps..etc etc, for gank ox that were travelling between Cp's and Caerleon.
    Overall I'd love to see a complete CP rework so that your time is shifted from Caerleon to your CP (but Caer should remain the end game city IMO, just give more of a reason to go to the CP)
    twitch.tv/Tazzik
    youtube.com/SeanTazzik
  • Constructor wrote:

There is a week between the season ending and the next tower reset. This work well for a guild to move all of the resources back to town.

Are there 48 guilds owning towers and accruing points for this?
    Well there is no gaining points during the off-season, so the guilds will hold their towers and City plots while moving things to a safe area (already occurs with territories) and the city plot draft would occur during this time.
    twitch.tv/Tazzik
    youtube.com/SeanTazzik
  • Tazzik wrote:

Well there is no gaining points during the off-season, so the guilds will hold their towers and City plots while moving things to a safe area (already occurs with territories) and the city plot draft would occur during this time.
    What I meant was, if there are 48 open homeplots for the draft, there would need to be 48 guilds that accrued season points to join the draft. If there isn’t maybe there is a time to claim it via big zvz.

I really like the idea.
    T8 Quarrier | T8 Miner | T8 Lumberjack | T8 Fisherman | T8 Skinner | T8 Cropper
  • Constructor wrote:

Tazzik wrote:

What I meant was, if there are 48 open homeplots for the draft, there would need to be 48 guilds that accrued season points to join the draft. If there isn’t maybe there is a time to claim it via big zvz.
    I really like the idea.
    There are more than 200 guilds currently ranked on the Season Rankings, I'm sure there will be enough :)
    twitch.tv/Tazzik
    youtube.com/SeanTazzik
  • Fooky wrote:

Shadeless wrote:

it provides storage
    I would never use guild territory for storage of anything valuable. Too many stories of people losing their stuff.
    Unless I was 100% sure I wouldn't ever be kicked, as I am in my current tiny guild.
    I agree entirely, I personally don't bring anything from Caerleon to outland if I'm not ok with losing it, but that's the eve mindset in me. The option / pros of the terri is still there.
  • The idea itself its really good. Winning the season right now only gives you energy and 2 flags in caerleon with your Guild logo, people put a lot of effort to win seasons and energy and two flags i dont think its enough.

This idea of the first 48 guilds being able to chose a town plot its really good, because like right now, OOPS its droping all the territorys to MG. POE to CIR and alone to TC.

And with this feature Alliances wouldnt being droping territorys to only one guild.
  • DixieRekt wrote:

this system wouldn't work. for (small or new) guilds who didn't place top 10 get dicked out of mercia? so, lets take exertion or fam for prime example. what would happen to them they'd get dicked out of mercia for what reason? when both of these guilds took 3 combined townplots from oops.
    Exertion is ranked #10 as a fairly inactive guild end of season; this system would promote guilds who work hard to get a higher ranking get a chance to get a CP where they want; the top 10 guilds won't all pick Mercia plots either, they might not be strong enough to defend them or they simply may want to go to a different area for fun/strategy. SUN for instance would probably choose an Anglia CP since they bang there 24/7, or choose Mercia for a change of pace.
    twitch.tv/Tazzik
    youtube.com/SeanTazzik
  • It's not enough that territories get reset, now townplots should be reset too? That's a terrible idea considering we're playing a sandbox and not a Rust server. What's next, reset character progress as well so it's more rewarding to experience the game again every month from scratch? Or just reset crafting/refining skills every month so the snowball gets slowed down?

IF a guild wants to move to a new townplot, they already have 3 options:

a) Conquer it
    b) Buy it
    c) Steal it

And afterwards they can sell or gift their old townplot if they don't like it anymore. Simple as.