Due to high fees in town the Traders and merchants guild is opening their guild island in Thetford with half fees to the public.

  • This is simply not going to pay of for the guild island owners and also not for the people who craft there. The 15% recource return rate generates more goods/profit than any lower fee. Its really that simple. Its a widespread myth that refininig/crafting on the islands/guild islands safes money. It does not. Its simple maths. The only exceptions are maybe butcher building and the like or crafting T3, T4 stuff.

    Well...the good thing about this is that the wood and stone prices are going to rise a bit in that town. The few participants pay the price.
  • Drake_IronHeart wrote:

    Only 2 stations worth putting in a Guild island are the Butcher and the Mill.

    The rest is better to do it in a city, regardless of the tax, as using focus in the long run and as you get more specs in refining or crafting will mean more profits at a later stage as you will be able to create more product.
    you are correct for the Butcher, but the Mill is wasted on an island... even using city mills is worth it, because of the extremely high flour price...
    Bank of Albion
    Investments & Third-Party Services (ROFLMAO)
    Contact me via the Forums or Discord: Saya#4434
  • Fooky wrote:

    Morimo wrote:

    You are mistaken. Even at 20%, right now, they still rarely make profit or even at loss. You forget that the owners have to pay defense bids which are very high and maintain their plots. The reason the tax is up is because of the bids are high. People don't understand this. If it is profitable, everyone will lower their tax to compete to get more customers but it is not.
    How many plots do you own? I suspect you own a few is the reason for your lies.
    I own plots in Martlock not Thetford and it is not a secret since my name is on them. However, I don't lie. I cannot operate plot without financial aid from my guild. There are a lot of people who bids the plots, like @Kistark. You are just too emotional to accept the fact.

    Kistark wrote:

    i usually bid on morimo's land plot 3-8 mill a month ;D
    Please don't bid me anymore. ;D
  • Morimo wrote:

    I own plots in Martlock not Thetford and it is not a secret since my name is on them. However, I don't lie. I cannot operate plot without financial aid from my guild. There are a lot of people who bids the plots, like @Kistark. You are just too emotional to accept the fact.
    If you are operating at a loss why do it? Define your advantage for running at a loss and I'll believe what you say. IF you are doing it out of the kindness of your heart to help out others I don't think I'll believe you and I can't think of another reason.

    Makes no sense to me, therefore I think you LIE. However, I don't own a plot so I have no idea how much they make or cost to upkeep/defend auction.

    I bid on a couple Martlock plots last auction... lost to current owner but might bid higher next auction.
  • Fooky wrote:

    Morimo wrote:

    I own plots in Martlock not Thetford and it is not a secret since my name is on them. However, I don't lie. I cannot operate plot without financial aid from my guild. There are a lot of people who bids the plots, like @Kistark. You are just too emotional to accept the fact.
    If you are operating at a loss why do it? Define your advantage for running at a loss and I'll believe what you say. IF you are doing it out of the kindness of your heart to help out others I don't think I'll believe you and I can't think of another reason.
    Makes no sense to me, therefore I think you LIE. However, I don't own a plot so I have no idea how much they make or cost to upkeep/defend auction.

    I bid on a couple Martlock plots last auction... lost to current owner but might bid higher next auction.
    That is why I was selling my plots... I am leaving this business so my doing should answer your question

    The post was edited 2 times, last by Morimo ().

  • aaa

    Piddle wrote:

    Kistark wrote:

    i usually bid on morimo's land plot 3-8 mill a month ;D
    Mean.
    I bid a total of 220m in martlock this month and morimo is just a faction of the bid, so i wasn't being mean to him but i was being mean to everyone :D!. And also what morimo said is actually true, with the current player population he will barely make enough silvers to cover his expenses from my bid/food nutrient/building decay.
    May their soul be in peace and put amongst those who are pious
  • Morimo wrote:

    Fooky wrote:

    Morimo wrote:

    I own plots in Martlock not Thetford and it is not a secret since my name is on them. However, I don't lie. I cannot operate plot without financial aid from my guild. There are a lot of people who bids the plots, like @Kistark. You are just too emotional to accept the fact.
    If you are operating at a loss why do it? Define your advantage for running at a loss and I'll believe what you say. IF you are doing it out of the kindness of your heart to help out others I don't think I'll believe you and I can't think of another reason.Makes no sense to me, therefore I think you LIE. However, I don't own a plot so I have no idea how much they make or cost to upkeep/defend auction.

    I bid on a couple Martlock plots last auction... lost to current owner but might bid higher next auction.
    That is why I was selling my plots... I am leaving this business so my doing should answer your question
    If you can't sell your plot this month I promise yah i won't bid your plots next auction. i am looking forward on bridgewatch for next auction tbh
    May their soul be in peace and put amongst those who are pious
  • Rixlette wrote:

    The traders and merchants guild answer to the rising fees in town is to open our guild island
    You should pool funds, and purchase a Black Zone City Plot, open to the public, and make a name that way. Highest refine/craft in game (currently, refining will change to blues after merlyn I believe?) Then when you're under attack from GvG's, you can merc out for GvG guilds. Most guilds love defending town plots as the 5% bonus is entirely make or break and makes it easy to farm sets.

    Think about it
  • Morimo wrote:

    Fooky wrote:

    Morimo wrote:

    I own plots in Martlock not Thetford and it is not a secret since my name is on them. However, I don't lie. I cannot operate plot without financial aid from my guild. There are a lot of people who bids the plots, like @Kistark. You are just too emotional to accept the fact.
    If you are operating at a loss why do it? Define your advantage for running at a loss and I'll believe what you say. IF you are doing it out of the kindness of your heart to help out others I don't think I'll believe you and I can't think of another reason.Makes no sense to me, therefore I think you LIE. However, I don't own a plot so I have no idea how much they make or cost to upkeep/defend auction.

    I bid on a couple Martlock plots last auction... lost to current owner but might bid higher next auction.
    That is why I was selling my plots... I am leaving this business so my doing should answer your question

    Hmmm, it's been about 6 weeks since you said that but you still have around 10 plots in Martlock and none are for sale. I guess you decided they were profitable after all.

    I don't have much money but I bid 1 - 5 mil on each of your plots just to make sure it costs you a little. I'm currently winning some of them for less than 1k so it was looking like you were going to get off extremely cheap.
  • Fooky wrote:

    Morimo wrote:

    Fooky wrote:

    Morimo wrote:

    I own plots in Martlock not Thetford and it is not a secret since my name is on them. However, I don't lie. I cannot operate plot without financial aid from my guild. There are a lot of people who bids the plots, like @Kistark. You are just too emotional to accept the fact.
    If you are operating at a loss why do it? Define your advantage for running at a loss and I'll believe what you say. IF you are doing it out of the kindness of your heart to help out others I don't think I'll believe you and I can't think of another reason.Makes no sense to me, therefore I think you LIE. However, I don't own a plot so I have no idea how much they make or cost to upkeep/defend auction.
    I bid on a couple Martlock plots last auction... lost to current owner but might bid higher next auction.
    That is why I was selling my plots... I am leaving this business so my doing should answer your question
    Hmmm, it's been about 6 weeks since you said that but you still have around 10 plots in Martlock and none are for sale. I guess you decided they were profitable after all.

    I don't have much money but I bid 1 - 5 mil on each of your plots just to make sure it costs you a little. I'm currently winning some of them for less than 1k so it was looking like you were going to get off extremely cheap.
    I didn't bid for him for 2 months,
    May their soul be in peace and put amongst those who are pious
  • But this is why right there that taxes go up, because it cost to much every month for people "bidding" to drive people out. Want lower taxes with high returns? Then stop station PvP and get a Black Zone Home plot with your guild or shut down the high useless bids so it does not cost so much to keep stations going.
    T8 Master Gatherer - Skinning, Ore, Fiber, Wood and Stone!