Opening the guild island to the public. What could go wrong?

• Opening the guild island to the public. What could go wrong?

We were planning on offering the services of our guild island to the public at some point and give random people access to our guild island to use our workshops.
    Is there anything that could go wrong with that or is it safe doing that?
    Head of the 'Traders and merchants guild'
  • As honest as possible, you had to have a building rate of at least 20% lower than the rate of the buildings in the city,(otherwise no one will use yours) which means that you will not make a profit from these buildings.
    If the purpose is to have no fees, this means that the gap is even greater because you will have to keep the buildings with food that you will have to pay out of your pocket.
    The only advantage is that buildings do not degrade and so you do not always have to keep on repairing it is always preferable to keep those for friends and alliance members, if you want to do business try a city plot.
  • LordSilva wrote:

As honest as possible, you had to have a building rate of at least 20% lower than the rate of the buildings in the city,(otherwise no one will use yours) which means that you will not make a profit from these buildings.
    If the purpose is to have no fees, this means that the gap is even greater because you will have to keep the buildings with food that you will have to pay out of your pocket.
    The only advantage is that buildings do not degrade and so you do not always have to keep on repairing it is always preferable to keep those for friends and alliance members, if you want to do business try a city plot.

I'm not sure if even 20% lower fee would be enough for people to use it. 10% (using focus) extra returns in city is worth much more than 20% lower fee in many cases, perhaps always.
  • heftyflaps wrote:

Rixlette wrote:

We were planning on offering the services of our guild island to the public at some point and give random people access to our guild island to use our workshops.
    what is ur purpose to open your crafting stations to public?
    Putting a dent in the high fee charging in town and giving people options. The higher fees in town rise the more likely people will be using our island instead. We're just the first to market here. Fees for town have been rising steadily and i don't expect that to change so i figured the offer could make sense in particular for the high fee shops like saddler, butcher and so on.
    Also i could imagine people using our island for refinery of t3 and t4 normal materials already.
    Head of the 'Traders and merchants guild'

The post was edited 2 times, last by Rixlette ().

• Rixlette wrote:

heftyflaps wrote:

Rixlette wrote:

Putting a dent in the high fee charging in town and giving people options. The higher fees in town rise the more likely people will be using our island instead. We're just the first to market here. Fees for town have been rising steadily and i don't expect that to change so i figured the offer could make sense in particular for the high fee shops like saddler, butcher and so on.Also i could imagine people using our island for refinery of t3 and t4 normal materials already.
    awesome I salute you!
    My Loot, Your tears.
  • Rixlette wrote:

heftyflaps wrote:

Rixlette wrote:

Putting a dent in the high fee charging in town and giving people options. The higher fees in town rise the more likely people will be using our island instead. We're just the first to market here. Fees for town have been rising steadily and i don't expect that to change so i figured the offer could make sense in particular for the high fee shops like saddler, butcher and so on.Also i could imagine people using our island for refinery of t3 and t4 normal materials already.

Be careful with the prices you set. If they are too low, it will be abused and your buildings will run out of food fast.
    IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
    Join Albion
  • Rixlette wrote:

heftyflaps wrote:

Rixlette wrote:

the reason certain buildings have higher taxes than others is more to do with their break-even tax points being higher, rather than their owners trying to overcharge...

the butcher, cook and saddler all have disproportionately higher break-even tax points than the other buildings, most of which are at 3-4%...

for an island building to be worth it, city taxes would need to be in the range of 40-120% spread across the various buildings...
    Bank of Albion
    Investments & Third-Party Services (ROFLMAO)
    Contact me via the Forums or Discord: Saya#4434

The post was edited 1 time, last by Saya ().

• KolKhara wrote:

Do guild islands even give a resource return? Can't see how anyone would want to use them unless your fees are low enough to offset the value of returned mats.
    Islands: Without focus 0% return, with focus 35% return.

City: Without focus 15% return, with focus 45% return.

Calculation: Is 15% (10% with focus) returns worth more than the difference in island/city tax rate.

Result: Depending on what you are crafting / refining the result will vary... example if you refine 1000 T3 logs on island you get 500 lumber if you refine in the city without focus you get around 590 (15% of 1000 + 15% of 150, etc). 90 extra is worth 10k maybe. 21% tax rate would cost around 3700s to refine in the city. The break even point would be around 58% tax if the value of T3 planks stays around 115 (what cheapest was when I looked).

You would need to do the math for each item considering cost to refine vs value of the extra returns. I would guess anything under 60% would be at least break even in city, many more valuable things would break even at a much higher tax rate.

However, if you advertised a rate 15 or 20% less than the city I think a lot of people wouldn't do the math so you would probably get some takers.
  • This is not a tax, but a commission.

The word "tax" and "%" confuse people. It is necessary to remove this definition from the game!

Example:
    You process 100 units of something. With a + 15% refund you will receive 118 resource (100+15+2.25+0.34 )
    Those it returns 18 resources to you. Let's say it's T8 leather. So you receive additional 18*13k=234k silver.
    And a commission ("tax") for all of this will be approximately 10k or less.
  • Fooky wrote:

A commission goes to the salesperson and the tax goes to the government but to the buyer it's the same.

It means it costs you X% and it's easier to type TAX than COMMISSION.
    I meant a fixed fee, not a percentage.
    The commission depends on the "value" of the item that the developers written.
    Therefore, when plot owner changes the tax, he changes the tax on this initial value. This number has nothing to do with the real price of the item in the market.