Launch-era player looking to return has some questions...

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Launch-era player looking to return has some questions...

Howdy.

I was made aware of AO in the weeks prior to its formal launch in July 2017. I gathered a group of friends and joined during the debut. We formed a guild called the Gleinmoor Dominion and sought to essentially play out our Game of Thrones-inspired fantasies in this game.

Tl;dr version: the then-untenable political climate of the game coupled with my real-world complications virtually ended our aspirations about 8 weeks later. In the following months, I hadn't had much time or inclination to start back up.

'Til now.

I was hoping more consistently active players could give me a sit-rep on AO's current state, especially politically. The gameplay was fun enough, but I'm far more interested in guilds and politics and diplomacy and espionage and war and conquest and all the other things associated with more "hardcore" RPing. AO was advertised as EVE Online meets Westeros, so I'm hoping that notion has endured.

So, taking a gander at the world map, it seems like there's a slightly greater number of powerful alliances holding territory. How's the political situation globally for alliances? What about guilds? Is all the relevant power limited to one or two alliances/guilds?

For those guild leaders and recruiters out there, are there any guilds interested in the gaming aspects I mentioned? Any more moderately "hardcore" guilds out there? (NOTE: I'm not necessarily looking for people who speak in faux-Shakespearean prose in-game and on Discord. Just seeing if there's more out there than killin noobs fam.)

What about the active player base? There were 100k subscribers when the game launched. Any estimates on total "active players"? AO launched on Steam recently, so I'm curious if the population has significantly dwindled or if it's swelling.

Looking for some edification and dialogue here.

Thanks!
    • Glenmoor dominion pretty much reminds me of Aldmeri Dominion from Tes lore ^^
      Hey its good time to come back! Cities are crowded with Steam newcomers players. Last Patches are great, and even more great things will come by within closest future.
      Need to mention greatest thing that is Respecc system, now you can move your Experience to whatever you like more and "unlearn" unnecessary things.
      Its good time to hop in, catch up and be back in seat!
    • i think that its worth.
      the game is still fun.
      some stuff is a bit unbalanced but it looks like sbi has an eye on this.
      player base is completely fine! you have open world action, hellgate matches to every time zone, zvz with hundreds of ppl, a active market, many completely new player where u can hop in for friendships as a returning player.
      give it a try, you wont regret!

EDIT: to your alliance question. in my opinion its a war between poe/oops/alone atm. sun and some other guilds are still relevant but poe/oops/alone is the great war atm. i have seen some nonames in anglia but i think that they will go as fast as they came.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von CallMeGosu ()

• letwolf schrieb:

Glenmoor dominion pretty much reminds me of Aldmeri Dominion from Tes lore ^^
      Hey its good time to come back! Cities are crowded with Steam newcomers players. Last Patches are great, and even more great things will come by within closest future.
      Need to mention greatest thing that is Respecc system, now you can move your Experience to whatever you like more and "unlearn" unnecessary things.
      Its good time to hop in, catch up and be back in seat!
      Thanks. It might've been an unconscious inspiration. Beradus, the Hand, was a big fan of Elder Scrolls.
      Awesome. Thanks for the feedback!

CallMeGosu schrieb:

i think that its worth.
      the game is still fun.
      some stuff is a bit unbalanced but it looks like sbi has an eye on this.
      player base is completely fine! you have open world action, hellgate matches to every time zone, zvz with hundreds of ppl, a active market, many completely new player where u can hop in for friendships as a returning player.
      give it a try, you wont regret!

EDIT: to your alliance question. in my opinion its a war between poe/oops/alone atm. sun and some other guilds are still relevant but poe/oops/alone is the great war atm. i have seen some nonames in anglia but i think that they will go as fast as they came.

Awesome! Thanks for the information. Where did guilds/alliances like Red Army and others go?