Curse suggestions

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Curse suggestions

1. Make cursed beam add a stack of vile curse each hit.
      2. Buff vile curse with more damage and/or 11m range.
      3. Desecrate needs to root for longer or add more than one stack of vile curse.
      4. Reduce CD on cursed sickle to 3 seconds at least.
      5. Buff vile curse with more damage and/or 11m range.
      6. Reduce the CD on Cataclysm to 30 seconds, keep damage the same. This allows it to be more effective without being ridiculous burst with AOE escalation.
      7. Increase the duration of the attack damage reduction on Enfeeble Blades. Allow me to actually enfeeble people for longer than a second or two.
      8. Buff vile curse with more damage and/or 11m range.
      9. Did I mention that Vile Curse needs a buff?

In all seriousness, vile curse is really weak. I can't see someone being able to feasibly apply it to more than 2 enemies, and at max stacks it only deals around 100 damage at 1060 IP. Compare that to a fire staff which can spam Qs at a rate of faster than 1 per second, with each one doing 266 damage and leaving a burning DOT. Cursed Sickle is also rather bad as one missed sickle causes you to lose your stacks. As for Ws, armor piercer and grudge are decent, but cursed beam and desecrate need a buff. Cursed beam is a channel which is rather bad for poor damage, and desecrate doesn't really root long enough or deal enough damage to be effective. As for Es, area of decay and field of death seem fine to me. All I might add is that at least one of them (or perhaps add this to arcane) can purge ground effects, such as force shield or rampant heals. Enfeeble blades have OK damage but don't really do much enfeebling, Haunting Screams is a lot better now that it's a cast, and Cataclysm could probably have its CD buffed so it still hits well as good AOE damage/armor pierce without being a fearsome zerg-wiping nuke. I didn't mention Death curse here, I think it could use a buff due to curse's lack of hard CC to land it but don't really know what to change.
    • I'd like to see Vile Curse apply a debuff to the target that causes that target to take additional damage instead of just a direct damage increase to the spell itself. It will solve the same general problem in solo but would add additional utility to the class in groups so we'll hopefully see more variability in the staffs used.

I'm also curious why they even made grudge stacks? Why couldn't the attacks cause Vile Curses? I haven't played this game that long so was it like that originally and deemed overpowered? In my opinion, every single skill for the weapon should apply a vile curse stack. As you mentioned, beam could apply one per damage. Grudges would apply one per hit instead of grudge. Tune Vile Curse accordingly if the damage gets out of control. It should be possible to find a balanced way to do this though.
    • Nvs1980 schrieb:

I'd like to see Vile Curse apply a debuff to the target that causes that target to take additional damage instead of just a direct damage increase to the spell itself. It will solve the same general problem in solo but would add additional utility to the class in groups so we'll hopefully see more variability in the staffs used.

I'm also curious why they even made grudge stacks? Why couldn't the attacks cause Vile Curses? I haven't played this game that long so was it like that originally and deemed overpowered? In my opinion, every single skill for the weapon should apply a vile curse stack. As you mentioned, beam could apply one per damage. Grudges would apply one per hit instead of grudge. Tune Vile Curse accordingly if the damage gets out of control. It should be possible to find a balanced way to do this though.
      That's certainly a good idea as well.

Grudge used to apply Vile Curses. The problem with that is that Vile Curse has its first damage tick at 0s, that is to say immediately upon application. Basically people would throw grudge on a glaive with hunter jacket, who would pop Haste and proceed to deal the full damage of a full-stack Vile Curse twice per second in addition to their auto attack damage. Grudge Curse has its first tick after a second to avoid that.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian schrieb:

Nvs1980 schrieb:

I'd like to see Vile Curse apply a debuff to the target that causes that target to take additional damage instead of just a direct damage increase to the spell itself. It will solve the same general problem in solo but would add additional utility to the class in groups so we'll hopefully see more variability in the staffs used.

That's certainly a good idea as well.
      Grudge used to apply Vile Curses. The problem with that is that Vile Curse has its first damage tick at 0s, that is to say immediately upon application. Basically people would throw grudge on a glaive with hunter jacket, who would pop Haste and proceed to deal the full damage of a full-stack Vile Curse twice per second in addition to their auto attack damage. Grudge Curse has its first tick after a second to avoid that.
      I'll admit the grudge + hasted glaive was overpowered, but the better fix would have been to make grudge a self buff only. You can still combo it with a hunter jacket, but by doing so you're losing 15-25% damage versus one of the cloth chest options. I think this would have been balanced instead of the current version which is fairly useless since it doesn't do damage on application anymore.

I really wish they'd do that so it would be viable again to run 1H curse with a leather chest and grudge to be able to get off a death curse and not take 8s to get someone back to a 4-stack vile curse.
      [url='https://tinyurl.com/y7d4nfx5']AO Quick Reference Guide[/url]

Referral Key: https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

Trial Keys: PM at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 on https://discord.gg/dcH32z
    • SirAchtung schrieb:

curse can be buffed with longer duration dot time. but buff damage or range for 11m ( lol 11m for class which got no cast time) will make new OP class.
      So basically give it a token buff that won't actually make it viable. A curse putting vile curse on 2 targets loses the DPS race to a fire hitting one, and if the fire starts alternating targets you fall even further behind. Fire wall is just the most busted thing ever, and half of curse staff's Ws are a total joke. Giving curse some buffs isn't going to make it completely broken. Strong perhaps, but I really don't see it being OP.

Do you have any figures to back this up, or do you just reflexively hate curses?
    • I played curse in alpha , beta and even now the only thing i really hate about curse is not the dmg or most of its abilitys the only thing the curse staffs needs is a longer range on the Vile curse and or a lower cd on the curse

sickle thats all in my opinion the damage is already good as it is curse is more than a dmg support than a dmg dealer that can if played right stall enemys slowly to death thats why a longer range on its q abillity is very important.

hope you enjoyed this post and if you not agree with it just tell me why ^^ have a nice day
    • Curse is in a pretty bad spot at the moment. Hardly see any in gvg's or zvz's. Even in fame farms they are requested less. The pierce does not warrent such low damage output in my humble opinion. Either give curse a better debuff or up the damage please. Maybe give curse a damage option without pierce (like good damage but no pierce on a staff).
      I ain't leaving withour your soul and I am sober this time.
    • Fenz schrieb:

Rotten Ground (Cultist Sandals)
      • The area don't deal damage anymore, it instead reduces enemy resistances.

And nothing for Curse? ?( ;( What role does SBI see for Curse?
      They really need to make a 'State of the Game' type post and give us a high level overview for the coming year as far as weapon and armor balance goes. There are a large number of weapons, even more weapon W and Q skills that go completely ignored in this game. Players can't be expected to wait for scraps like this where every patch's clear focus is to shatter the current meta and ignore the rest.
    • Our q, the debuff stack.. vile curse needs either more damage OR give it a debuff to deduct healing received. at this moment it can be hard to even kill some healers because their heals overtime outheal our damage and then we just have to wait for the nuke skull skill to be off cooldown and attempt that again.

edit: forgot to mention the root does need to be longer :) . otherwise I'll want plate for cc duration extend haha and id rather use some other boots. curse is waiting for them to die and we need to stay alive in that so cc extending would be nice. just some more survivability.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Foxue ()

• IMO, even though there aren't many healing debuffs in the game, the fact that Axe has access to so many AE ones, I'm not sure a healing debuff is a good fit.

Some other types of debuffs that aren't that common in Albion currently are:
      • A DOT/HOT combo where we deal X damage but also heal us for Y.
      • Straight % damage multipliers as opposed to armor debuffs.
      • Energy drains.

If it were me, I'd much rather see them change the max stacks to 3 so it's easier to stack the debuff but leave the overall damage the same (so 3 debuffs give same damage as 4) and then tack on an energy drain component. Maybe 3/6/10 energy a second depending on stacks kind of thing. Energy drain in particular is pretty strong and would warrant the short range of the cursed abilities as well. But any could work.

They should also attach this same debuff to many of the other skills that don't currently apply vile curses.
    • Nvs1980 schrieb:

IMO, even though there aren't many healing debuffs in the game, the fact that Axe has access to so many AE ones, I'm not sure a healing debuff is a good fit.

Some other types of debuffs that aren't that common in Albion currently are:
      • A DOT/HOT combo where we deal X damage but also heal us for Y.
      • Straight % damage multipliers as opposed to armor debuffs.
      • Energy drains.

If it were me, I'd much rather see them change the max stacks to 3 so it's easier to stack the debuff but leave the overall damage the same (so 3 debuffs give same damage as 4) and then tack on an energy drain component. Maybe 3/6/10 energy a second depending on stacks kind of thing. Energy drain in particular is pretty strong and would warrant the short range of the cursed abilities as well. But any could work.

They should also attach this same debuff to many of the other skills that don't currently apply vile curses.
      Great suggestions, I especially like the DOT/HOT combo idea, and it fits really well with the concept of a warlock type character.

I'd also like to see curse get a little bit of mobility if their damage potential or utility isn't going to get buffed to put them in line with Fire/Xbow.

Possibly remove stand time from vile curse so you can cast on the run and make the hit and run passive actually useful (similiar to how nature staff users can use it with rejuvenation).

Adding a teleport to desecrate (similar to how frost nova functions) would also be amazing.
      [url='https://tinyurl.com/y7d4nfx5']AO Quick Reference Guide[/url]

Referral Key: https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

Trial Keys: PM at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 on https://discord.gg/dcH32z