[Updated] Overcharge Feature

• Captainrussia schrieb:

Silks schrieb:

didnt we have enough time to check that its bad for the game?
      is it though?
      I don't use it (I mostly gather) - so that does not affect me [NEUTRAL]
      I watched some GvG videos and I see people are using it, which means more gear is trashing, which is good for economy and the crafters [GOOD]
      I see people use it in ZvZ, so more gear will be trashing, good for economy/crafters [GOOD]
      If its good for crafters, it technically good for gatherers, and good for me. [GOOD]

3 = Good, 1 = Neutral.

How is this bad again?
      My biggest complaint is the trashing feature is a significant inconvenience in the open world. When you overcharge, if you have your gear break it completely disrupts your gameplay where you need to now go back to town to regear. That can disrupt your entire fame farm group or dungeon diving party if your group's overcharge break chance rolls poorly. If they would make it so you could keep an overcharge duration keep rolling by using another siphoned energy or have it roll the chance to break after you repair the item or unequip it versus a 30 minute time limit, that would go a long way to improving the current situation.

I do think in the GvG arena it is a net positive change, although I do think it still punishes lesser teams who overcharge when they sit tent after they realize they cannot win just as much as the winning team. I do think buffing 4.1 gankers is a net negative that does not add anything positive to the game.

I don't think overcharge needs to be removed, but it should be tweaked/revamped to improve the current implementation.
    • Rolu schrieb:

Silks schrieb:

Captainrussia schrieb:

Silks schrieb:

didnt we have enough time to check that its bad for the game?
      is it though?I don't use it (I mostly gather) - so that does not affect me [NEUTRAL]I watched some GvG videos and I see people are using it, which means more gear is trashing, which is good for economy and the crafters [GOOD]
      I see people use it in ZvZ, so more gear will be trashing, good for economy/crafters [GOOD]
      If its good for crafters, it technically good for gatherers, and good for me. [GOOD]

3 = Good, 1 = Neutral.

How is this bad again?
      as a gatherer you must have no idea about what it does to pvp.(BAD)but thanks for your pointless opinion.
      lol you can't say "Thanks for your pointless opinion" in a point fucking less response.
      please
      i can say whatever i want
      but all im saying is that overcharge is bad
      Artificial intelligence will never beat natural stupidiy.
    • Silks schrieb:

as a gatherer you must have no idea about what it does to pvp.(BAD)
      but thanks for your pointless opinion.
      At least I can demonstrate understanding of the "bigger picture" (Albion is not all about PVP, right?), when it comes to economics, gear trashing, crafting...etc...
      You on the other hand keep providing baseless and irrelevant comments...

And as a 10 yr old Eve Online vet (PVP), where overcharge feature = overheating (just without trashing), I know what Im talking about.

Vindrax schrieb:

My biggest complaint is the trashing feature is a significant inconvenience in the open world. When you overcharge, if you have your gear break it completely disrupts your gameplay where you need to now go back to town to regear.
      Okay. But if you know that it has a chance to break (read = chance to "inconvenient" yourself), you then have a logical, reactive choice to make:
      a) simply don't overcharge when in OW
      b) bring spare gear? (1 extra set would be enough tbh, or 1 extra of w/e item you're overcharging...maybe just weapon)

I mean... its not like overcharge randomly happens on your character. You have to accept and acknowledge and activate it. Its like saying "gathering is inconvenient - because your inventory gets full really fast and you have to go drop off in town all the time". Thats the whole damn point. You make a cognitive choice to participate in this "feature".

Vindrax schrieb:

That can disrupt your entire fame farm group or dungeon diving party if your group's overcharge break chance rolls poorly.
      Right. So see point above. You either don't overcharge. Or you prepare for it accordingly (by bringing extra piece of gear that you are planning to overcharge). Personally I would just not overcharge, but I guess it depends.

When people go to ZvZ - a big part of preparation is to have at least 2-3 spare sets. Like you get yelled by your officers if you dont have spares. I don't see this being much different. Just one extra thing to be aware of.

Vindrax schrieb:

If they would make it so you could keep an overcharge duration keep rolling by using another siphoned energy or have it roll the chance to break after you repair the item or unequip it versus a 30 minute time limit, that would go a long way to improving the current situation.
      There is a way to do that currently. Not sure if its a bug - but you can "refresh" the overcharge timer by overcharging new items that were not overcharged before. I.e. you can make your timer go from 30min to 1hr 30 min for example:
      1) Overcharge your weapon (just 1 items)
      2) When time is close to 25-29 min (give yourself some room so ure not in combat) - overcharge another item. This will refresh the timer to another 30 min, without trashing the item that was overcharged in #1, now you have 2 items overcharged.
      3) repeat steps 1-2 until you have have you whole set OC'd. Potentially thats 5 pieces of gear x30min = 150 min or 2hr and 30min of Overcharge before trashing starts.

Vindrax schrieb:

I do think buffing 4.1 gankers is a net negative that does not add anything positive to the game.
      Something always balances something else on the other side of the scales:) more ganking = more gear being trashed ;) Even tho I don't like more ganking, but Im looking at it from an unbiased, objective view.

Vindrax schrieb:

I don't think overcharge needs to be removed, but it should be tweaked/revamped to improve the current implementation.
      Thats a better conclusion. And Im sure DEVs are closely monitoring this. Tweaks = yes. Removal = NO
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Mining T8 in enemy WT solo
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

Vindrax schrieb:

My biggest complaint is the trashing feature is a significant inconvenience in the open world. When you overcharge, if you have your gear break it completely disrupts your gameplay where you need to now go back to town to regear.
      Okay. But if you know that it has a chance to break (read = chance to "inconvenient" yourself), you then have a logical, reactive choice to make:a) simply don't overcharge when in OW
      b) bring spare gear? (1 extra set would be enough tbh, or 1 extra of w/e item you're overcharging...maybe just weapon)

I mean... its not like overcharge randomly happens on your character. You have to accept and acknowledge and activate it. Its like saying "gathering is inconvenient - because your inventory gets full really fast and you have to go drop off in town all the time". Thats the whole damn point. You make a cognitive choice to participate in this "feature".
      I am only asking for tweaks and I do believe the inconvenience factor is something that needs to be examined.

You say that you consciously make the choice to overcharge, but basically if you are not overcharging you are only placing yourself at a disadvantage in combat. Sure, you can say it's a conscious decision that you're making to overcharge your gear, but to opt not to is basically to accept a full tier disadvantage against any opponent you come up against. And that disadvantage is whether or not your opponent chooses to overcharge, you are nerfing yourself a full tier than what you would have been otherwise.

Trying to draw a comparison to gathering is a bad example, because gathering is largely a solo activity. If I get full and have to go back to town, that only impacts me. If I am in a group and my weapon breaks, and some other guy's boots break, etc... now my entire group's activity has been disrupted. And in a group that is fully overcharging (which should basically be everyone in an open world fight to the death), odds are likely that someone will have something break. And that doesn't just suck for your party, it sucks for either winning party of that fight where people have overcharged because the winner is likely having to go back to town in 30 minutes.

That's why I'm suggesting make it only break upon repairs/becoming unequipped, or to allow us continually extend the duration with additional siphoned energy. It screws with game flow in a negative way that should be addressed in some fashion. I hadn't heard about removing a single item and overcharging something else in its place to increase the duration on all your items before. That's an interesting workaround, but it's still not ideal and should just be a general feature of the overcharging system.
    • Gear trashing -> less gear available -> crafters craft -> crafters need ressources -> ressources price increase -> gatherers are happy.
      [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/376587121433247744/419555473512071189/unknown.png?width=743&height=418[/img][url='https://goo.gl/NTwgpR']My OP STUFF and OP silver[/url]
    • rodox schrieb:

Give 'em time, they will hit the jackpot eventually.
      I just hope they do it before the game goes dead, so I can at least get a chance to get back into it once.
      AO population currently relies on updates to be at a healthy grow.
      Thats why SBI is throwing so many updates without even testing them properly.
      SBI created this loop and i dont think they can get out of it even if they hit the jackpot with some new feature, because theres already so much things to be fixed and the fixes dont get the attention they need from staff cuz they are busy planning the next shitty update.
    • Here is what the devs need to do in my opinion:

-Get rid of downscaling of high tier gear in lower tier zones. Or get rid of overcharging. Both at the same time is total communism.
      -Make overcharging much more worthwile for the most expensive gear in the game (T8.3). If you have 15% chance of losing up to 100million silver in gear, you better get a decent buff for it!!!!

In my opinion the best alternative:
      -If you want winners to have a chance of losing their gear as well, just add a chance of losing a certain type of gear based on the amount of damage you received. For instance: you got hurt for 1000 health during the last minute, that gives 1% of chance of losing your gear after not taking damage for 1 minute (~when the fight is over). If you took 2000 damage (healing doesn't matter), you get 2% chance of losing a piece of gear etc. These percentages may not seem much, but with 7 pieces of gear on you that is 7% chance of losing anything in the first example and 14% chance of losing anything at the second example.
      - If you want to make sure your gear doesn't break, use 1 siphoned energy to make sure your gear cant break for the next 15 minutes, unless you die ofcourse.
    • Similar idea : with additional syphon energy added your overcharge duration is extended while the first is still active.This adds another breaking chance throw to it but at least you are save to not loose the gear in the middle of a dungeon...just bring lots of syphon...oh wait you can savely store it in the guild bank too.
    • Skitted schrieb:

Similar idea : with additional syphon energy added your overcharge duration is extended while the first is still active.This adds another breaking chance throw to it but at least you are save to not loose the gear in the middle of a dungeon...just bring lots of syphon...oh wait you can savely store it in the guild bank too.
      A neat solution but you'd run into people BM overcharging 5+ times in a row real quick when they are about to die so their killer gets literally nothing.
    • SI summit:
      Leader:
      So we have to decide what to do to increase item trashing and promote a real economic cicle. I'm listening your thoughts.

Dev 1:
      Well.. Items IRL break down after prolonged use.

Dev 2:
      HEY! how about we make items break after being fixed a few times?
      Oh OH! better yet! making item quality a thing and relate the amount of fixes to it.. so....better quality items will NOT provide better stats but just increase the amount of time you can KEEP using the gear.

Dev 3:
      Nah too complex, just add a new feature.
      Like adding a magic button that will cause your clothes to wear down faster and make you this super powerfull and glowy badass.. like a turn me into TERMINATOR button!

Leader:
      I like that, new features sell.
      Pleas:
      Remove reroll.
      Up Item trashing chance
      Limit item repairs by quality

BTW: how's your market holding up?
    • Kantos schrieb:

Skitted schrieb:

Similar idea : with additional syphon energy added your overcharge duration is extended while the first is still active.This adds another breaking chance throw to it but at least you are save to not loose the gear in the middle of a dungeon...just bring lots of syphon...oh wait you can savely store it in the guild bank too.
      A neat solution but you'd run into people BM overcharging 5+ times in a row real quick when they are about to die so their killer gets literally nothing.
      Overcharged weapons do not get a higher chance to break on death, but regarding syphon energy maybe you can only reovercharge every 10 second (who would carry lots of syphon anyway if you could store them in a guildbank)

Hope I got you right
    • best way to make newcomers able to fight the 100/400 people is balancing the pvp and making skill count over dps/sustain/heals not to implement a feature where you press a button and then you are stronger.

when SBI figures how to make this game balanced enough that a skilled player is able to kill 3+ people alone then maybe people will understand how things should be and quit thinking overcharge was a good idea.

i will pray for this day to come.
    • Skitted schrieb:

Overcharged weapons do not get a higher chance to break on death, but regarding syphon energy maybe you can only reovercharge every 10 second (who would carry lots of syphon anyway if you could store them in a guildbank)
      Hope I got you right
      Yeah I know overcharged weapons do not currently have a higher chance to break on death, but your proposed change would make that no longer the case. If as you propose, you overcharge gear before the timer runs out to extend it and add another breaking chance, then with enough repetitions of that the gear's trash rate will be 100%. Even having a a lengthy overcharge cooldown wouldn't solve it because you could still run into situations where someone has been farming for 2-3 hours refreshing it each time. If you kill that person you get nothing simply because they've been using the gear/overcharging it for a while. And you cant circumvent that by having trash rate revert to 30% only if you die, because people would just extend the overcharge for hours till it would be 100% trash rate then suicide and have their friend loot them, and it's like they only extended it once.