[Updated] Overcharge Feature

• Is this feature supposed to be used during combat?
      This just happened to me today: a random guy, with exactly the same gear as me, wanted to fight. I went for it, and when he was losing the fight, he just overcharged all his equipments (during the fight) and then killed me.

I'm not saying that I am against it or anything, I just want to know if it's supposed to work that way.

I'm not saying that I am against it or anything, I just want to know if it's supposed to work that way.
      yes, its supposed to work that way...

similar to how you can pop a potion when you are low health (no point to pop at full health)...

although you'd get more benefit (arguably) from overcharging at full health - you'd be in the fight longer with your +100 IP bonus = dealing more extra dmg and taking less...
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Mining T8 in enemy WT solo
    • Retroman schrieb:

And so far we have no sign of any negative impact on the game on a macro scale, hence why we are not planning any immediate changes. However this is not saying we won't make adjustments at all. Just that for the moment, there is no indication of a problem and it is still too early to judge it's full impact on the macro economic level.

Cheers,
      Retro
      Can we talk about the annoyance factor of having your gear break while out in the open world completely disrupting group game flow? I've had gear break between fights while in blighted bog, losing my boots having to loot a random pair and equip them from a downed teammate and equip mid-combat. If I am fame farming with my group and we get dove by another team and overcharge, I have my healing staff break and we have to send the entire group back to town.

Can we make this at least not trash until you get back to town instead of the 30 minute timer to not make it completely suck playing in open world? Or perhaps even extend it by paying another siphoning energy to keep it going again (ideally maybe a toggle to have it auto-overcharge after the first one runs out?). It is really annoying being in CV and having a critical item break at a bad time.
    • Vindrax schrieb:

Can we talk about the annoyance factor of having your gear break while out in the open world completely disrupting group game flow? I've had gear break between fights while in blighted bog, losing my boots having to loot a random pair and equip them from a downed teammate and equip mid-combat. If I am fame farming with my group and we get dove by another team and overcharge, I have my healing staff break and we have to send the entire group back to town.

Can we make this at least not trash until you get back to town instead of the 30 minute timer to not make it completely suck playing in open world? Or perhaps even extend it by paying another siphoning energy to keep it going again (ideally maybe a toggle to have it auto-overcharge after the first one runs out?). It is really annoying being in CV and having a critical item break at a bad time.
      yup, in Eve Online - items simply break (the conventional "breaking" when durability reaches 0, and items becomes unusable until repaired). I am oversimplifying a bit on how it works in Eve, for sake of simplicity (yes, items can get "damaged" or completely burn out - for those who want all the details)

In AO they took a step further and made items "trashable" (completely destroyed), which makes little sense from a synergy point of view... at least if it broke via durability going to 0 - you could drop a repair station and repair it - paying silver in the process (aka a silver sink)

Maybe this should be turned into a silver sink over a gear sink? @Retroman
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
    • Midgard schrieb:

Thats all good and well, but tell me ... why is this in the open world and not limited to GvG's?
      1) Because Eve has it in the "open world"
      2) Because imagine if yet another feature (even if useless) would be released under the banner of "GvG only" - oh the screaming and the crying that would ensue!
      3) Because in a sandbox game, there should be as little restrictions as possible...everything should be available to everyone (not at the same time, but as an option to try A, B or C), locking something to GvG only seems non-Sandboxy
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

1) Because Eve has it in the "open world"
      Not a valid reason as you know.

Captainrussia schrieb:

2) Because imagine if yet another feature (even if useless) would be released under the banner of "GvG only" - oh the screaming and the crying that would ensue!
      The screaming and crying has already ensued (along with pages of constructive feedback on why this would not work as intended) and did so even before the patch release but they just didnt listen, as usual.

Captainrussia schrieb:

3) Because in a sandbox game, there should be as little restrictions as possible...everything should be available to everyone (not at the same time, but as an option to try A, B or C), locking something to GvG only seems non-Sandboxy
      Then why do they constantly refer to the overcharge feature being to combat snowballing in GvG and never give any reason/justification whatsoever for it being open world. The game is non-sandboxy anyway .... that ship has sailed, although again I'd argue the term sandbox is ridiculous anyway as no game is.
    • Midgard schrieb:

Not a valid reason as you know.
      Not a valid reason, yes, but its funny when I last played 8 months ago, I would estimate like 70-80% of Eve Online content and game mechanis were copy-pasted into Albion (whether its a good/bad things is another topic).

Now that Im back and all these patches happened, I now see more like 90-95% of content/mechanics has been copied over...

So a question begs - why not? If Eve has it - I can guarante you AO will have some "fantasy-setting-coated" version of it. I could look at 13 years worth of EVE patch notes and updates and predict the future of AO for you.

Not to mention that a year ago I predicted Gold in AO to be equal to 1 plex in Eve (both equivalent to a monthly sub). We have (roughly) 1 PLEX = 1,200,000,000 ISK and 1 Gold = 1200 Silver, just remove the 6 zero's and you're good.

I guess the point Im trying to make here is that pretty much no matter what, AO will copy content from EVE - just because...just because it works there. And they might try adding something "unique" to that copied content...like trashing in case of Overcharge...

We all copy-cat one successful thing or the other. Thats why official "Character Builder" tool exists on AO's website - so that people can copy errr adopt different people's suggestions (builds) for max efficiency.
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;