Next Content Update: Merlyn

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Next Content Update: Merlyn

Dear Albion Community,

With the midseason patch out the door and everything for Steam ready and prepared it's finally time to reveal Albion’s next content update: Merlyn!

Goals for the Merlyn Update

The first major focus of the Merlyn update is the royal continent and its economy.

While making Caerleon the central hub for the red zones and outlands during beta has made PvP and GvG readily available for all, it has at the same time harmed Albion’s local economy and the relevance of the five other main Royal cities. With the Merlyn update, we will address this by massively boosting the Local Economy and Trade.

Each royal city will get a special bonus for refining a particular resource, and on top of that, will get special bonuses for crafting certain types of gear. Caerleon won’t have any of these specializations and will hence act as an all-around/fallback option.

In addition to that, we’re improving the resource distribution to make these cities the best place in the world to gather mid-tier resources of their particular biome, particularly in their enchanted state. At the same time the amounts of these resources found in the Outlands will be reduced. This will make the biomes much more relevant for gathering.

Both these changes will heavily impact the flow of resources and materials throughout the game world, make the economy far more local and encourage transport and marketing trading.

To facilitate that market trading, we’re updating and heavily improving the marketplace interface, making it much easier to trade, and in particular, manage buy and sell orders for more effective trade.

But hold on, this is Albion right? Where’s the PvP in that? This is where Faction Warfare comes in. Each main biome city will represent one out of five city factions for Albion, and as it so happens, they are all at war with each other. If you decide to join up with a faction, all players in other factions will be your enemy, no matter where they are, and you can kill them (or be killed) without any penalty - yes, even in the safe zones and with no reputation impact. This will drastically boost PvP - in particular, solo and small scale, around the game world.

As a reward, when being part of a faction, you’ll earn faction points which you can exchange for special resources and mounts. The resources will be used in particular for crafting special bags and capes - which, unlike the current capes in the game - will have meaningful stats and passive abilities that actually influence gameplay. Effectively, we are turning capes into a proper item slot with this change.

That’s not all: as part of faction warfare, you can raid and conquer opposing factions' outposts for special rewards. And you can do trade runs for your faction, also for a reward, but for these you’ll have to venture into an opposing faction’s territories and get back alive, otherwise your trade goods are lost.

For the faint of heart: don’t worry, if you do decide not to join any of the five factions, you’ll be neutral and faction warfare will not directly affect you, also meaning that safe zones will continue to be as safe for you as before.
      Season 3 Changes

Even before releasing the Merlyn update, we will bring exciting changes to Outland gameplay, just in time for the start of Season 3.

Here, a key concern for us is to reduce snowballing in the Outlands and make them more accessible for a larger number of guilds.

To achieve this, we will rebalance the energy amounts siphoned by territories in the different sub-continents, making the progression from Anglia to Mercia less severe. While Mercia will of course still be by far the best place to be, the difference won’t be as strong as it is right now. In addition to that, we’ll introduce a soft gear cap for GvG fights on the Royal Continent, hence making it easier for newer guilds to get a foot in the door here.

And finally, we’ll introduce an item overcharge feature. This will temporarily boost the power of your items, however, also carry the risk of the item trashing when the overcharge ends. This allows players with cheaper gear to compete with higher end players by overcharging their lower power gear. Of course, you can also overcharge expensive gear to counter this, but there is a good chance that it will be very hard for you to sustain in the long term. Hence, with this measure, the effective power gap between wealthy and less wealthy guilds is narrowed. And on top of that, gear breaking is always great for the in-game economy to continue to flow.

Stay tuned for more

I hope you’re as excited as we are about the contents of the Merlyn update and the changes it will bring to the game. We’ll be sure to get into more depths about each feature in our Dev Talk videos as we get closer to the release of Albion’s fourth major content update!

Stay tuned!
    • Sounds interesting. I am very sceptical about item overcharge. This sounds like there will be way more players running around with cheap 4.1, boosting their item without any drawbacks, whereas people who went through the hassle of faming will play with higher tier gear (hence more expensive) but won't really have an advantage.
    • Seyif schrieb:

Sounds interesting. I am very sceptical about item overcharge. This sounds like there will be way more players running around with cheap 4.1, boosting their item without any drawbacks, whereas people who went through the hassle of faming will play with higher tier gear (hence more expensive) but won't really have an advantage.
      but you can also overcharge higher tier gear too, so there's always a counter. Will be interesting to see the balancing concerning the chance of trashing between the tiers.
      Try the game for FREE: Albion Online Trial Keys
    • @Eltharyon Tell us please @Korn was saying here about incoming changes in solo aspect of the game SOLO ZONES CONCEPT on Friday.
      Youre Faction Warfare is this changes?
      I hope is not,couse it wount BOOST solo and small scale pvp as yo said- "This will drastically boost PvP - in particular, solo and small scale, around the game world." .It will be the same as now Group vs group or solo vs solo in red zone and others but without flag.AND NOTHING would change for black zones dungs etc and roaming mobs farm.

I DONT ARGUE-ITS COOL CHANGE AND WE NEED SUCH CONTENT

But its not solo content at all as was promised,its just good and could be a part of whole incoming SOLO content-you really do the great job,we all support you guys.
      Just add multi-lvl dungs as tones of people asked or solo zones concept as you was posting about ,but mb with several changes.
      we need World to Discover and make solo GRIND and HUNT(on players)more interesting and exciting.

Sorry but im very very MAD.

SO THE MAIN QUESTION @Eltharyon and @Korn IS-Youre Faction Warface is the incoming solo changes as @Korn was typing before?

Youtube/Equart
    • SHARKY schrieb:

Seyif schrieb:

Sounds interesting. I am very sceptical about item overcharge. This sounds like there will be way more players running around with cheap 4.1, boosting their item without any drawbacks, whereas people who went through the hassle of faming will play with higher tier gear (hence more expensive) but won't really have an advantage.
      but you can also overcharge higher tier gear too, so there's always a counter. Will be interesting to see the balancing concerning the chance of trashing between the tiers.

It sounds from the text like there will be a disparity in gear tiers when overcharging them: it is a bigger loss for people with higher tier gear to overcharge their items.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Seyif ()

• Well, I will say that there are some good changes, and some very bad things coming with what developers want to add in next update, so let me just write my opinion about every single thing that developers want to change:

1. Making Carleon be no longer center of crafting, and boosting other citys is quite nice - it will touch crafters very hard I belive, but I hope that not that much as I think it will

2. Making gathering in royal zones more attractive is nice - but please, dont make it too good compare to black zones like cumbria and mercia

3. Okey, and now we are starting with very controversial part which is faction warfare, and it is quite hard to tell anything about it yet, becouse we dont have a lot of details about it, like - "yes, even in the safe zones" (killing other fraction players part) - does it means that we are even able to kill them even in Carleon? It sounds like that but I really hope that this is not the point of it. I really like the idea of this being add, but also we dont have details about how guilds gonna be linked with that, I hope that there would be something that guild is choosing which fraction it is representing, so there gonna be no in guild conflicts about in which fraction they are (am I right?)

4. Still writing about fractions we have fraction points system, and again we dont have good info about it - like, I hope that everyone will be collecting their own fraction points, not the whole fraction or guild that player is in, and also I hope that those mounts and special resources are not gonna be expensive like Battle Mounts right now, but they gonna be in range of use for every day. Also if developers want to add fraction capes which will more influence the player, does it mean that we would be able to have like whole guild running with only one fraction capes (becouse guild choosed one fraction that they are in) or we will be able to see whole zerg with all diffrent cape types becouse players of the guild are in diffrent fractions (which dont make sense to me). Also ending fraction part I will say that im really looking forward for those mini objectives which will give player some small scale fights I belive

5. Okey, and now we are entering the biggest thing which will influence black zone players the most, which is item overcharge feature - in my opinion it should be never added to this game, and I really hope that it will not, becouse this will make gankers and poor players running with 5 sets of 4.1/4.2/6.0 gear in their bags and they will just be able to kill better players in better gear more easely, and again - we dont have information about how much it gonna give, but even if its like one tier boost, it gonna make diffrence and im totaly not looking forward to see that in the game, and im talking that as a player that is playing from 2 last betas and is playing everyday since realese day in black zones

Thats all from me, I hope that developers will once again take a look at what they want to bring into the game, becouse not all of these features are these that "hardcore" players will want to see being added to the game

Thanks for reading,
      ~DuendeBrek
    • there is already factions in game, it's called alliances.
      It's cool because it's player driven. Albion is a sandbox, you don't have the lore to create npc faction and we don't need them here (look all the story player create with the war against POE and OOPS, THIS is cool, THIS is the lore of Albion).

Not a big fan of this new feature (without more info) I can imagine the confusion if several players from the same alliance have different faction etc.

And the overcharge feature ... omg please don't

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Cearian ()

• Seyif schrieb:

SHARKY schrieb:

Seyif schrieb:

It sounds from the text like there will be a disparity in gear tiers when overcharging them: it is a bigger loss for people with higher tier gear to overcharge their items.
      It is impressive, but everything I read makes this game exploit much more the potential it has. Thank you for every idea that will come with Merlin. HYPE AS HELL! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the hard work devs. Can you give an approximate release date? @Evoque @Eltharyon
    • Very interesting to see how factions work out with guilds and alliances.

One issue, I see is that still the outer cities will probably be short of supply and demand. They will be exploited for gathering and crafting but the local evonomy will not be boosted, I think.

Looking forward to seeing how this works out. I hope well!
      IGN : Ravenar
      Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Trial Keys on Request!
    • @Ravenar
      If you gather at the royal cities, refine at them, craft at them - isnt that exactly what is boosting the local economy ?.
      Or what do you feel is missing, when you say local economy wont be boosted.

Where there is people, there is trade, and where the is crafting and refining bonuses, there will be crafting and refining.

Very interesting times.
    • Couple of concerns

Will the faction system encourage pk griefers to patrol low level zones looking for new players to kill? If so this will severely piss off new players, who are learning the ropes and may not have fully understand what entering a faction entails.

Will there be full loot drop in non red zones for faction warfare?

Will faction combat be allowed in cities themselves or just zones? Please tell me this does not include cities.

If an alliance member is in a different faction do they become attackable or does alliance over ride faction?

Overcharging will just encourage running in cheap gear which is disposable.
    • Woot! I like what I am seeing. Faction warfare :) I am not into pvp but I might for this. This will build teams now by cities. I can see groups of gathers working together in Lymhurst to help protect each other hehehe. The rewards need to be very very good for someone to flag all zones otherwise this feature will not be used.

Love the idea on boosting the 5 cities!

Over charge items.... not sure about that. Sounds like that can unbalance things pretty fast. Make sure this feature gets a ton of testing before releasing it.
    • Overcharge is going to kill the game. If you've played this game and think for few minutes you'll understand why. It's a HORRIBLE idea. Spec literally means nothing now. Meaningful grind and hours put into a game only for a new player with overcharge gear to match me. Only way to counter that is to overcharge my items as well. Everyone will be overcharging consistently. There's no reason not to unless you want to get outscaled. Did anyone in SBI even think about this for more than 5 minutes? How is it even remotely a good system to implement?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von KidBlast ()

• I agree with Seyif and would like to hear more about how overcharging works. From what it sounds like higher tier gear will have a higher chance to blow up and a lower benefit from charging whereas lower tier gear will gain higher benefit with lower chance of blowing up. I'm concerned that we'll see 4.1 gankers overcharging their gear which a whole suit including mount is sub 20k and taking on people who spend 100-200k on theirs. This already happens today but at least the higher tier player has a slight advantage. With the advantage gone due to overcharging it will make ganking easier and faming harder because the gankers will go back to town after every engage but the famers can't risk overcharging to defend themselves because they'd have to go back to town after too.

I'm also a bit concerned about the factions. I think it's an interesting idea overall, but I'm very concerned about the balance between gear and mounts if the goal is to make each faction's cape unique? I really hope we don't see all the crafters ending up in 1 faction while all the PvPers end up in another simply for min/max purposes. Won't know how it will all shake out until we see what abilities are unlocked.