Next Content Update: Merlyn

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I dont care about HCE's much but - if they will moved to OW - where to use the 8.3 sets then? they're become useless then, price will drop... as long as these 50-100 mil worth of gear wont make you able to win 1v5 (or 5v20, whatever) against t4.0 gankers.
    So travelling there in 8.3 you risking a shitton - and reward is ~ 120k fame per 20 min run (lv 8 Hce) - and possibly repair bills - the point of that high risk and shitty reward is absent.

if fame reward will be increased 5x and drop of loot upto tier 8 + drop of tomes of insight added then YES, lets move them into blalckzones. We will make caravans there for fame&drops
  • letwolf wrote:

I dont care about HCE's much but - if they will moved to OW - where to use the 8.3 sets then? they're become useless then, price will drop... as long as these 50-100 mil worth of gear wont make you able to win 1v5 (or 5v20, whatever) against t4.0 gankers.
    So travelling there in 8.3 you risking a shitton - and reward is ~ 120k fame per 20 min run (lv 8 Hce) - and possibly repair bills - the point of that high risk and shitty reward is absent.

if fame reward will be increased 5x and drop of loot upto tier 8 + drop of tomes of insight added then YES, lets move them into blalckzones. We will make caravans there for fame&drops
    Thats the point, you still need an 8.3 set to do the high level HCE.

It gets people to actually risk their high tier gear. The HCE can still be instanced, but the travel there should not be.

Why should people just buy 8.3 gear and never fucking risk it?

If you ask me, items should degrade over time....
  • BRiCK wrote:

It gets people to actually risk their high tier gear. The HCE can still be instanced, but the travel there should not be.

Seems someone doesn't have money for HCE :P

If you will kneel before portal maybe someone of us will give you some silver for at least cheap 6.3.

I bet everyone who want to make HCEs unplayable is royal sigils buyer. Their price will increase in unhealthly way like it happened before adding HCE when normal expedition T6 was waste of time.

This game need playground where players can get pleasure from high-end gear and high specs with no stress. Space to recreation from stressing after traveling through open world.

BRiCK wrote:

You're the reason games are shit nowadays

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nieogar ().

• Nieogar wrote:

BRiCK wrote:

If you will kneel before portal maybe someone of us will give you some silver for at least cheap 6.3.

I bet everyone who want to make HCEs unplayable is royal sigils buyer. Their price will increase in unhealthly way like it happened before adding HCE when normal expedition T6 was waste of time.

This game need playground where players can get pleasure from high-end gear and high specs with no stress. Space to recreation from stressing after traveling through open world.
    Agree, I like the way it setup now. Town expedition are for fun.
  • Hrm, still does not solve one of the problem with black zone guilds trampling over royal continent guilds, not letting upstarts getting their foot in the door. Something that I hope gets changed in the future to where for example, a guild with black territory cannot capture territory in red/yellow/blue.

Hell, I heard there was once plans to have actual cities in each Continent in the black zones? Would give those large alliances something to fight over across the pond besides the resource territories.
  • Town expeditions are most certainly not for fun. They are a low risk but high reward fame farm. They replaced fame that was once in the open world and irreparably destroyed what was once a really good barebones pve system which offered something for many play styles and group types. Though the basic need for fame farm seems satisfied it cost the part of the game that was the best part for some of us.

Safe zone dungeons were great places to meet ppl (well necros were) and non safe dungeons made for some awesome late nights with buddies. You can barely get a gg out of a random group now in an expedition. Sure require community for progression then isolate ppl in their own bubble.

Even this is not enough. Ppl now want to skip half the stuff in them. Expeditions should just be removed entirely. Blue portals were MUCH better.

I enjoyed seeing ppl at a dungeon entrance looking for an extra or gangs racing for that portal. A pop is good in an mmo and not all competion needs a score board.
  • Denthamos wrote:

Hrm, still does not solve one of the problem with black zone guilds trampling over royal continent guilds, not letting upstarts getting their foot in the door. Something that I hope gets changed in the future to where for example, a guild with black territory cannot capture territory in red/yellow/blue.

Hell, I heard there was once plans to have actual cities in each Continent in the black zones? Would give those large alliances something to fight over across the pond besides the resource territories.
    we had cities in the bz until shortly before release. The ppl that didn't use them will prolly chime in shortly about how useless they were. I felt they gave access to the bz, allowed for niche trade (especially the ports in galahad due to travel distance). These and the map size made for great trade possibilities on galahad.
  • To be clear HCE's cost much more silver for XP gained than if you were to be grinding in the BZ with an efficient party. You can easily spend 1-300k per run in repairs in higher lvl HCE. The risk vs reward is quite balanced.

But hey what would I know. I am only one of the HCE gurus around here.

For those of you who didn't know already there is a discord open to everyone who enjoys HCE and that is called Albion HxC. Message me or Vitalsign if you need invitation. Also anyone who is currently a member (over 400 currently) can invite you as well.
  • Raithe wrote:

Denthamos wrote:

Hrm, still does not solve one of the problem with black zone guilds trampling over royal continent guilds, not letting upstarts getting their foot in the door. Something that I hope gets changed in the future to where for example, a guild with black territory cannot capture territory in red/yellow/blue.

we had cities in the bz until shortly before release. The ppl that didn't use them will prolly chime in shortly about how useless they were. I felt they gave access to the bz, allowed for niche trade (especially the ports in galahad due to travel distance). These and the map size made for great trade possibilities on galahad.
  • Nieogar wrote:

BRiCK wrote:

Lol I got plenty of money for HCE's. And of course I still do them, why wouldnt I exploit the easiest mechanic in the game?

You're the reason games are shit nowadays
  • SadeasX wrote:

To be clear HCE's cost much more silver for XP gained than if you were to be grinding in the BZ with an efficient party. You can easily spend 1-300k per run in repairs in higher lvl HCE. The risk vs reward is quite balanced.

For those of you who didn't know already there is a discord open to everyone who enjoys HCE and that is called Albion HxC. Message me or Vitalsign if you need invitation. Also anyone who is currently a member (over 400 currently) can invite you as well.
    Personal cost isnt the issue.

The issue is how unused 7.3/8.3 are used outside of the safety of town.

Again, items should degrade over time.
  • BRiCK wrote:

SadeasX wrote:

To be clear HCE's cost much more silver for XP gained than if you were to be grinding in the BZ with an efficient party. You can easily spend 1-300k per run in repairs in higher lvl HCE. The risk vs reward is quite balanced.

Hey I'd be all for opportunities to use 7.3/8.3 outside of town if there was a proper risk reward system in place.....Only one I can think of is some how making it so 8.3 players can fight 1v1 for ea other gear in a fair environment......they got a 2v2 and 5v5 zone but no one does this.
  • BRiCK wrote:

SadeasX wrote:

If you think that moving HCE outside of the town would get people to bring their 7.3/8.3 sets out into the black zones, you're mad. The only time you would ever see them is people showing off in Caerleon or using them in GvG practices, that's it. A typical 8.3 set can easily cost 30mil+ and that's at normal/good quality. Most of the players that have those sets, invested alot of what they had into them. They aren't going to risk that much for a fame farm. If they moved HCEs into a dangerous area, there would be no point in doing HCEs when you can just go to a dungeon in a cheap set to get a good amount of fame and better loot.