Respec Suggestion - Unlearn

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Respec Suggestion - Unlearn

I love the new respec feature so don't get me wrong. I'm more likely to test out different builds because I know I can just move most of the points around later if it doesn't work out, but...

Please, please, please let us unlearn a skill. That means set it to zero. As you start to try out more and more skills, the board fills up with green lines and dotted green lines and it's hard to see what you have leveled. The numbers are too small when you're zoomed out and zooming in to see them removes the context you're trying see by zooming out.

Set the outer ring to zero, which then allows the next ring in to be set to zero and removes the pulsing dotted line from the board. That would help A LOT by cleaning up the "light show" on the board for skills you're not leveling.

OR...

Give us filtering options on the board:

Hide highlighted lines on skills @ 1
      Hide highlighted lines on skills not at max.

etc.

You get the picture.
    • Hey all,

What you're suggesting here would take a little more work to bring to life than may be initially expected. I will try to break down how we would align your suggestion to our system: if you'd reset the main node to 0, you would lose access to the specialization node of the weapon by the current logic. So we'd have to force players to reset specializations first and then the main nodes. This would mean that we would need several new UI visuals and an extensive code rework.

The visualization change could be a possibility, although this would still take time for our UI artists and also backend development to update it. Therefore, what we need to know from you guys: Is it simply just messy? Or does it mean you waste a lot of time without the clear indication? Would be great to hear more about how this affects your play as well as your suggestion.

Generally, we collect up optimization and tweak suggestions, then when the time comes around to look into that feature as part of a rework or combining with something completely new, we can go through everything at the same time to ensure the features are harmonizing with each other. This tends to be more efficient on the productivity side - so we can submit that as part of an optimization. :)

I hope this doesn't come across as an excuse not to do it, but the goal is rather to bring you guys on-board with how we prioritize certain features.

Thanks guys.

- Evoque
      AlbionOnline | @EJevoque | Evoque#9601
    • It seems like people want a better highlighting of nodes they actually use/want to level - and not necessary an unlearn function.

So I'm taking the 2nd option from @postlarval and specify it a bit more.

Proposal:
      1) Add a button 'Hide' right beside the 'Untrack' button
      2) Add a checkbox near fame credits/learning points: 'Show hidden nodes'

What should hide do?
      Hides the node + all attached lines from/to it.

Now let's compare it to an unlearn feature:

Pros:
      People can also Hide nodes they are not interested in (already 100/100, don't want to use it at all, etc.)
      Removes additional clutter

Cons:
      People will not gain fame credits for those 50k specialization
    • nearly everyone I speak to about this don't just want to "hide" the node, they want to remove it from their character, and are more than happy to remove the specialization node to do this...

Eternalhaze wrote:

I just want to be able to "un-learn" things I don't want lit up as progression. Like a way for you to be able to remove the fame progress and would need to start over again if I chose to go back to it.
      this is just another example, I totally agree with this...
      Bank of Albion
      Investments & Third-Party Services (ROFLMAO)
      Contact me via the Forums or Discord: Saya#4434
    • Hey again,

Seems we have a mix of suggestions for different purposes, but I have to repeat guys no matter the suggestion it's important to also put forward the root cause and how much this affects how you play. This means I can be much more effective at passing on a complete report to the developers. :)

Evoque wrote:

The visualization change could be a possibility, although this would still take time for our UI artists and also backend development to update it. Therefore, what we need to know from you guys: Is it simply just messy? Or does it mean you waste a lot of time without the clear indication? Would be great to hear more about how this affects your play as well as your suggestion.
      Thanks!
      AlbionOnline | @EJevoque | Evoque#9601
    • Les

Wyrwignat wrote:

Skitted wrote:

Il suffit d'ajouter 1 bouton: "Désapprendre le nœud complet, y compris spezialization et tout couvrir à des crédits de renommée" ou simplement "Unlearn path"
      Vous n'avez pas besoin d'ajouter un bouton. Il suffit d'ajouter la fonction pour faire défiler jusqu'à "0" (maintenant nous pouvons seulement définir "1" minimum).
      Aussi simple que cela, comme l'annonce Wyrwignat.
      La
    • Je relance le sujet.
      Mes amis et moi-même demandons cette modification, suite à de nombreuses erreurs de respect dû à un panneau surchargé.
      Faites que les noeuds peuvent être défilés jusqu'à 0 s il vous plait pour un meilleur éclaircissement!
      Quand est-il cher Dev? En avez vous discuté?
      Merci
      La

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lyly1985 ().

• @Evoque

The whole destiny board is badly designed and highly confusing - sorry for the harsh words.

If you're searching for something on the board, you constantly have to zoom in and out and move the board around. On top of that, you're totally disconnected from the game while doing so - you can't even read the chat.

A clean, tree-like structure with different tabs would have been a LOT easier to read and use, I think.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Larec ().

• @Evoque

Any update on this QoL request, Destiny board is still cluttered with highlighted Lines and cannot be cleaned up after several respects.

I have to stress again, that I don't understand - what the issue is to come up with a simple formular or if-then check that enables you to unlearn a line to 0 Fame...

How it would work and would be easy to implement (from my perspecitve)

Share your comment @Saya

The post was edited 1 time, last by Skitted ().

• wait Im confused... currently you can already unlearn to "1" (I repeat no0, but 1)... and the specialization line stays...

Whats the problem with that? To me its super minor and cosmetic. Whether something is 1 or 0 = does not matter to me.

Furthermore... you cannot respect if its at "0". A tree has to be at least at 1 to be able to put fame credits into it. The issue Im running right now is that I have to get stuff to 1 (for specs) before I can pump credits into it...

So unless someone has a serious case of OCD and wants their DB to look "pretty" (and thats subjective as well, for me pretty = I have everything unlocked) - I dont see why we should worry about Unlearning to 1 or to 0. Either one works (currently 1, and I like it that way).

Do we need to discuss this further?