VILE CURSE range still 8 meters?!

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• VILE CURSE range still 8 meters?!

I am greatly appreciate that devs begin to rework Curse, but core problems of Curse still the same:
      1. 8 m too low range (now curse is one that left with 8m , all other ranged classes, even arcane gone to 11m)
      2. Cursed Sickle (second AoE Q) is unusable due to too long CD (all other AoE Q's went down to 3 sec, last of them were Spears' Lunging Strike)
      3. Overall low damage of Vile Curse and few sources of it: why doesnt Cursed Beam dont apply vile curses in small aoe when used? Now its useless skill.
      4. Low (only 6 sec) duration of vile curses that, multiplied by low distance, makes supporting full-stack on enemy very hard if not impossible.

And please consider my post with exact number/calculations about curse in comparison with Fire mage:

1. Damages increased alot, meta shifted to burst damage and fast kill, and curse never been a burst. Its slowly stacking pressure DOT.
      Curse dmg staying the same except grudge rise and fall.
      2. Alot of inefficient skills:
      - Cursed Beam (while using it Vile Curses completely wears off)
      - Desecrate Wave (too short root and ridiculous range) Solved but increased CD and standtimes makes that not very good skill, and one stack of Vile Curse is nothing and root duration still very low[/b]
      - Great Curse E (again Vile curse wears too fast to maintain them on more than 1 target) Partially solved
      - Cursed Sickle (4 Sec CD... while Vile Curse only 6 seconds... Miss one Cursed Sickle and you lose all stacks. Need buff surely)
      - Vile Curse itself (similar named first Q skill) is only 8m in range... Heck, even Arcane was recently buffed from 9 -> 11 m...
      Add there this low 6 sec duration of Vile Curse and you will understand the PAIN of maintaining full 4-stack on anyone. You need to go in first line like tank ...
      - Haunting Screams (Cursed Skull E skill) must be reworkd into AOE ranged cast spell, because static immobile channel is total USELESS. Even the idiots just walk away from it...
      And caster (in cloth or leather?) must stand in the midst of enemy crowd. That's just suicide. Solved but damage is too small! Compare with other classes...
      - Death Curse (One-handed E bomb), despite having high damage, it have a terrible cast time, and its activation postponed by 6 sec. Not only it leaves a victim a TON of time to react (shield, jump, ice block, cleanse), but even then, curse must add 1 more VC stack AFTER casting bomb, or VC stacks will wear off earlier than bomb goes off. [Partially solved, decreased casttime but its only half the problem. Maybe make a manual detonation of that "bomb" by pressing E second time?]
      Low duration of VC is PAIN.... Heck, Even Nature mage's Poison Thorns have 10 second duration and curse's main spell Vile curse having only 6.

DAMAGE COMPARISON BY DPS (on average 1000 IP)
      SECONDS | CURSE | FIRE MAGE
      0 | 50 + 12 | 0 (still casting)
      1 | 80 auto atack | 285 + 15 per second (DOT)
      2 | 100 + 25 | 285 + 30 per second (DOT)
      3 | 80 auto attack | 285 + 45 per second (DOT)
      4 | 150 + 37 | 285 / 0.6 = 475 + 60 ( Here activates "Aggressive caster" and fire casts every 0.6 seconds!)
      5 | 80 auto attack | 285 / 0.6 = 475 + 75
      6 | 200 + 49 | 285 / 0.6 = 475 + 75
      7 | 80 auto attack | 285 / 0.6 = 475 + 75
      8 | 200 + 49 | 285 / 0.6 = 475 + 75
      9 | 80 auto attack | 285 / 0.6 = 475 + 75
      10 | 200 + 49 | 285 / 0.6 = 475 + 75

TOTAL Q DAMAGE FOR 10 SEC:
      Curse 1521
      Fire mage 4690

And I did not even count Fire's W and E skills, which adds even more power!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von letwolf ()

• When comparing the range of curse vs arcane you need to take into account everything. You say arcane is 11m range which is true for the damage q, but not the shield nor the w frazzle which is the weapon's best abilities. Also keep in mind curse has pierce beam, which is certainly longer than 11m range.

Then you go on to compare curse vs fire, but you're just talking about dot damage vs a scholar robe fire teeing off. You're not taking into account the fact that fire has cast times and curse doesn't, it's a totally different play-style with totally different roles.

In terms of buffing curse, I'll say it could use a little help to compete with fire and xbow but the same could be said about all ranged dps classes and I just don't think you're arguments in this post are very strong.
    • Eternalhaze schrieb:

When comparing the range of curse vs arcane you need to take into account everything. You say arcane is 11m range which is true for the damage q, but not the shield nor the w frazzle which is the weapon's best abilities. Also keep in mind curse has pierce beam, which is certainly longer than 11m range.

Then you go on to compare curse vs fire, but you're just talking about dot damage vs a scholar robe fire teeing off. You're not taking into account the fact that fire has cast times and curse doesn't, it's a totally different play-style with totally different roles.

In terms of buffing curse, I'll say it could use a little help to compete with fire and xbow but the same could be said about all ranged dps classes and I just don't think you're arguments in this post are very strong.
      1. Arcanes play with tank gear. curse cloth. 11m tank vs 8m cloth.
      2. You are right fire have cast time and curse dont have. Curse can put vile curse every 2 seconds, fire DONT have cooldown, just press Q and do dps, aoe dps. feel difference? schoolar robe, pasive skills etc.
      Fire can defend her self with fire wall while doing big dps. curse can defend her self with roots( run into enemies put roots, press Q , run back? compare how big dps curse can do and how much fire), If curse take roots then curse dont have armor pierce. Did you see any curse in game who are rooting enemies and without armor pierce?
      3. You think arguments are not strong. How much players with curse you can see in Caerleon? Any zvz?
      what curse can do with that
      TOTAL Q DAMAGE FOR 10 SEC:
      Curse 1521
      Fire mage 4690.

and where to use curse?
      kill animals for skining?

sorry about my english.
    • Arcane can run plate, leather, or cloth just depends on how you want to play it and so could curse (albeit not as efficiently), both of them are more support back-line roles than massive damage dealers.

Again comparing fire to curse in raw damage is useless because they're both completely different roles, a fire has to cast to do damage which can be completely shut down by quarterstaff tanks and a curse can focus heavy dot damage on multiple targets while easily re-positioning around the fight.

You think there aren't many curse players, and for the most part that's true, but it's not because curse isn't good in it's own right. It's because people are meta chasers and swap around to whatever is in meta. I know a few solid curse players that I would run with based on certain comps, it's all just about how you play and set yourself apart from the mediocrity of players. I truly believe you can make anything in this game work, it's just a matter of how good the player's skill is. Having said that - I'll say it again, I wouldn't mind seeing a slight buff to curse to make it slightly more favorable.
    • Eternalhaze schrieb:

.... a curse can focus heavy dot damage on multiple targets while easily re-positioning around the fight...
      Vile curse duration is 6 sec, after applying it you have 2 sec CD so you have 4 sec to apply vile curse on one another enemy and then return and refresh it on first target, or y'll lose stacks. Max 2 targets. (Except using Royal Jacket, when you can do it effectively for 3 targets, only for 8 secs, you will not reach maximum of 4 stacks during that time, and damage in leather even lower, so...Meh).
      Having 8m range makes the "easily repositioning" not "easily", as you should operate in tank range.
      Cursed sickle? 4 seconds cd, one miss and you lose all stacks on target. Impossible in 5v5.
      Great hammer tanks very likely using their Tackle on you when you going in a such close range. So, your statement is untrue.

Why you so offensive against curse is beyond my understanding. Watch some top gvg pack videos, watch money guild vs poe, - you wont find curse there. Xbow substituted them all after Grudge rise and fall.
      Curse is still playable in gvg, but having one puts your team in initial disadvantage as your team Dps will be much less.
    • Even one of the top curse players, Tazzikii, formerly on MG's A team, says cursed staff is a poor choice for GvGs now. It just doesn't have the damage output to keep up with other rDPS meta choices, not to mention lacking good burst, proper range on Q and heal reduction utility that doesn't lend itself well to the current burst DPS meta.

Make cursed staffs great again!

@Retroman @Tazzik
      Bilder
      • IMG_2495.PNG

37,64 kB, 750×421, 66 mal angesehen
      [url='https://tinyurl.com/y7d4nfx5']AO Quick Reference Guide[/url]

Referral Key: https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

Trial Keys: PM at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 on https://discord.gg/dcH32z

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Grimhawke-EB ()

• I don't have anything against curse, I said it twice it could use a buff but just because it isn't in meta anymore doesn't mean it isn't good. You just need to find a niche way to play it with a comp willing to go outside of meta.

Also if you want to make ranged dps have more viable options, fire and xbow need a slight toning down, rather than buff everything else.
    • Eternalhaze schrieb:

I don't have anything against curse, I said it twice it could use a buff but just because it isn't in meta anymore doesn't mean it isn't good. You just need to find a niche way to play it with a comp willing to go outside of meta.

Also if you want to make ranged dps have more viable options, fire and xbow need a slight toning down, rather than buff everything else.
      I think the better route would be to buff curse (and frost/bows as well) so that they're on par with the current fire/xbow meta rDPS choices. If you tone those only two viable rDPS down, you'll just see more double or triple bruiser comps and still very few if any curse.
      [url='https://tinyurl.com/y7d4nfx5']AO Quick Reference Guide[/url]

Referral Key: https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

Trial Keys: PM at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 on https://discord.gg/dcH32z
    • Grimhawke-EB schrieb:

Even one of the top curse players, Tazzikii, formerly on MG's A team, says cursed staff is a poor choice for GvGs now. It just doesn't have the damage output to keep up with other rDPS meta choices, not to mention lacking good burst, proper range on Q and heal reduction utility that doesn't lend itself well to the current burst DPS meta.

Make cursed staffs great again!

@Retroman @Tazzik
      Ideas to improving cursed staffs

playing curse is sadism (but I haven't played the game in a while because of IRL coming back soon)
      i stream and post videos on the internet
      twitch.tv/Tazzik
      youtube.com/SeanTazzik
    • Aoe dps calculation (30 seconds) against tank.
      Great fire staff E skill, 10 seconds cooldown. 182 damage. in 30 seconds --- 546

Great frost staff 15 sec cooldown, 256 aoe dps, x2 - 512 dps in 30 seconds

Great cursed staff- 30 seconds cooldown, 390 aoe dps, dps in 30 seconds 390.

T4.0 weapons, almost zero specs on my alt. And one funny thing :t4 curse need 280 specs to do with E same dps in 30 sec as T4.0 frost, fire

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von KaraIisArturs ()

• SirAchtung schrieb:

curse pretty strong class now and got most amount playable weapons. pls no need buff curse more. it will pretty OP
      Curse is not in meta anymore. It is hardly plays in GvG's & ZVZ's. With higher specs the Pierce on the Curse weapons becomes less and less needed/relevant. I think Curse needs either a damage boost or usefull utility spells.
      I ain't leaving withour your soul and I am sober this time.