A Brief Guide to Mastery Re-Specialization, AKA Re-Spec

• Clu wrote:

What will happen if I wear T8 armor and my inventory will be filled. And then I will change my specialization. My armor will still be clothed on me, even if I can not wear it?
    Though the armor will still appear in the equipment slot all bonuses, spells and visuals are disabled.
    Also as soon as you un-equip said armor you can't reequip it until you have unlocked the needed mastery levels again.
  • Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

I'm sorry for the confusion. The problem was that in development we call all levels on a destiny board node mastery levels to differentiate between different kinds of levels (enchantment levels for example).

Damn, now I exposed my lack of communication with you guys. :whistling:

Im still confused, so for example im 2h holy t8 and cant wear druid staff, boom meta changed. Now druids in meta, i can relocate my mastery level from 2h holy to 2h druid, but i woulnt be able to wear even t7 couse i cant relocate specializtion points? (You noted only mastery levels in main post). So i still have to farm spec to be able to wear something usefull at least t6 and lose 20% fame.
    And if you can trade fame from specs, then you can farm 1k fame wich goes into mastery and spec, then trade it for 1600 credits, wut? XD
    Time rolls on. Wipe these eyes. Yesterday laughs. Tomorrow cries.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seraphimos ().

• Seraphimos wrote:

Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

I'm sorry for the confusion. The problem was that in development we call all levels on a destiny board node mastery levels to differentiate between different kinds of levels (enchantment levels for example).

Im still confused, so for example im 2h holy t8 and cant wear druid staff, boom meta changed. Now druids in meta, i can relocate my mastery level from 2h holy to 2h druid, but i woulnt be able to wear even t7 couse i cant relocate specializtion points? (You noted only mastery levels in main post). So i still have to farm spec to be able to wear something usefull and lose 20% fame.
    if you change by a level 100/100 holy staff to a druid staff, you will arrive to a level 92/92... to cap it you should continue to fame farm or convert other weapon/armor credits...
  • Seraphimos wrote:

Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

Im still confused, so for example im 2h holy t8 and cant wear druid staff, boom meta changed. Now druids in meta, i can relocate my mastery level from 2h holy to 2h druid, but i woulnt be able to wear even t7 couse i cant relocate specializtion points? (You noted only mastery levels in main post). So i still have to farm spec to be able to wear something usefull at least t6 and lose 20% fame.And if you can trade fame from specs, then you can farm 1k fame wich goes into mastery and spec, then trade it for 1600 credits, wut? XD
    You can actually get a lot more credits than that. You can fame 4 items = 4 specs/4mastery and sell all them for credits for a single item. getting you a total for 1k x 8 x 0.8(or.75 depending if it's 20-25% can't tell atm) = 6.4k
  • Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

Just to be 100% sure. Both this node

and these nodes

Can have Fame Credits allocated both FROM and INTO, right?

Edit: ok, never mind, the previous post seems to answer my question.
  • Unprepared wrote:

Seraphimos wrote:

Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

Im still confused, so for example im 2h holy t8 and cant wear druid staff, boom meta changed. Now druids in meta, i can relocate my mastery level from 2h holy to 2h druid, but i woulnt be able to wear even t7 couse i cant relocate specializtion points? (You noted only mastery levels in main post). So i still have to farm spec to be able to wear something usefull at least t6 and lose 20% fame.And if you can trade fame from specs, then you can farm 1k fame wich goes into mastery and spec, then trade it for 1600 credits, wut? XD
    You can actually get a lot more credits than that. You can fame 4 items = 4 specs/4mastery and sell all them for credits for a single item. getting you a total for 1k x 8 x 0.8(or.75 depending if it's 20-25% can't tell atm) = 6.4k
    Indeed, thats what confuses me in this system. Im glad someone understood me since my enlish kinda very "meh" level XD
    Time rolls on. Wipe these eyes. Yesterday laughs. Tomorrow cries.
  • Kejima wrote:

So you basically want to force people to fame in t7 gear and shift levels back and forth instead of fame in t8 gear???
    Sorry but that is just a bad idea... People will be forced to camp on lvl 98 - 99 if they want to get more fame for their specs -> run in t7 gear instead of t8 gear.
    No, as written in the original post

"Fame earned will automatically be converted into Fame Credits when you maxed out all Mastery Levels of an affected node"
  • tabooshka wrote:

Kejima wrote:

So you basically want to force people to fame in t7 gear and shift levels back and forth instead of fame in t8 gear???
    Sorry but that is just a bad idea... People will be forced to camp on lvl 98 - 99 if they want to get more fame for their specs -> run in t7 gear instead of t8 gear.
    No, as written in the original post
    "Fame earned will automatically be converted into Fame Credits when you maxed out all Mastery Levels of an affected node"
    Yes, but only 20% of it gets converted to fame-credits if you are at 100/100 already.
    If you convert a level you already achieved you get 80% of that fame in fame-credits.

So to maximize your fame-credit gain you will be forced to be level 98 and convert each time you reach 99.
  • Kejima wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

Kejima wrote:

No, as written in the original post"Fame earned will automatically be converted into Fame Credits when you maxed out all Mastery Levels of an affected node"
    Yes, but only 20% of it gets converted to fame-credits if you are at 100/100 already.If you convert a level you already achieved you get 80% of that fame in fame-credits.

So to maximize your fame-credit gain you will be forced to be level 98 and convert each time you reach 99.

Yes, but you arent forced to do it. I dont know many people that farm in t8 gear anyway, usually you gonna want to lvl the new spec or a different line, also converting levels has a silver cost to it.

Comparing this to current fame farming, its a gain anyway, because as you lvl your off-spec or artifact, you now will be able to use overflowing fame that was wasted before

Also quick question, is 20% of 1000 fame gained from single maxed mastery or is it capped at 20% total fame gained no matter how many nodes you have maxed

The post was edited 2 times, last by tabooshka ().

• Unprepared wrote:

Seraphimos wrote:

Well, basically you can pool Fame Credits from 10 nodes at the same time (base and spec nodes for main-hand weapon, offhand, armor, head and shoes) and then push all the Credits into a single node.

But not all nodes are equal!

If you pool all nodes then for 100,000 Fame farmed you'll get 164,000 Fame Credits.
    Or 160,000 Fame Credits if you used a two-handed/dual weapon.
    So apparently 1,000,000 Fame was converted into 164,000 Fame Credits.

SlotShare
    Weapon48.8%
    Offhand2.4%
    Armor24.4%
    Head12.2%
    Feet12.2%

This means that from the 164,000 Fame Credits, 48.8% or 80,000 Credits came from the weapon (40k base and 40k spec).
    Now if you want to put those 164,000 Credits into one weapon node you'll have put in 328,000 fame.

So you can optimize your ginding if you want to level one or two equipment slots only.