A Brief Guide to Mastery Re-Specialization, AKA Re-Spec

• Nvs1980 wrote:

Yup, very happy. This means I can continue to HCE in my blazing staff but can reassign all that fame to a weapon that sucks in HCEs at only a 25% penalty.

I also wonder if this could be abused a little with offhands? They level quicker and spec quicker and we could drop both mastery and spec into something?

I assume there's no qualifier saying we can only use mastery fame for a mastery and spec fame for a spec? I assume it all just gets moved to the fame point thingy?

"The amount of Fame Credits is based on what type of node it is (e.g. Offhand Nodes only cost and return 20% of Fame Credits compared to similar nodes) and on how expensive in Learning Points they are."

You get less fame credits for offhands and other things.
  • I'm not a big fan of the respec option but if you keep it in the combat category and not make it an even trade, well... it doesn't bother me that much. Do not add the respec option to crafting/gathering because if you do that then you might as well start selling crafting items in a cash shop too. It would mess up the economy and the need for needing other players. I do see this going down the WoW rabbit hole with their respec option and eventually we'll be able to switch back and fourth in skill trees and never needing to actually care about your spec. If you want to do a big change put housing out in the open world....... Well anyways... Always good to see you all doing updates and improving the game and keep up the good work but remember not to stray too far into do it all mode.
  • Saiph wrote:

I’m assuming you can Re-Spec within the same node? Divine to 1H holy for example?

All combat nodes that have Mastery Levels (so not Reaver) can be converted into Fame Credits.
    Fame Credits can be spent on any combat node that has Mastery Levels.

You can use Credits that you gained from Torch Offhand specialization for the Swords base node and vice versa.

And I can already tell you that if you want to grind Fame Credits it is slightly more effective to use a 1-handed weapon and an offhand item by about 5%.
    Though if your grinding Fame anyway it is always more effective to directly wear the items you want to level because 20% of fame is lost on conversion (80% for automatic conversion at 100 Mastery Levels).
  • @Thorn-Delwyn
    Why do we loose 80% of fame if farming with t100 mastery??? Whats the reason to even have that feature in that case?
    That means that if i want to proggress in hammers more and i already have t100 mastery on 2h hammer, im still forced to use useless weapons while fame farming!

I understood what you did here, you made system that way, that you can relocate fame from gear to weapons and instead of deviding it (like fame from helmets could be relocated to only to helm branch, wich could made system a bit more complicated but usefull) you just cut 80% of fame credits from farming with t100 mastery, so people could not x3 faming their weapons. Wich made whole this feature useless, BRAVO.
    Time rolls on. Wipe these eyes. Yesterday laughs. Tomorrow cries.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Seraphimos ().

• Saiph wrote:

Also, artifact offhands such as mistcaller and EoS, will they give back more points than, for example, torches?
    Yes and no.

No, because the relative amount of Fame Credits for the amount of in the node is the same. (e.g. normal offhand level needs 100 fame so you get 80 credits, artifact offhand level needs 200 fame so you get 160 credits)

Yes, because the fame needed to unlock the same level for both specializations is different.

This means if you want to grind Fame Credits it doesn't matter if you use an artifact or a normal offhand item.
  • tabooshka wrote:

so just to confirm, there is no way to add fame credits to the specialization node?

So if I change from my 100 spec weapon and switch to another node,I lose above 200 ip but im still t8, seems a bit useless at least to me
    okay guys, just read again his comment because you look so happy but this is the ONLY smart comment i saw

So i have 100 mastery bow, 90longbow spec, 100standard bow spec, 75 warbow spec, 89 artefact bow spec

WHY would i respec to a t8 crossbow with 0 spec to any crossbow. Wtf nobody care about mastery ... 0.2lp per level. We care about spec.
    You can use 7.2 item if you don't have good spec/mastery for a wep ....

It's not a respec possibility if we can't respect specs because only specs matters

i hope i misunderstood everything and i will erase my post soon otherwise this gonna be so useless

The post was edited 1 time, last by nicolas2162 ().

• Seraphimos wrote:

@Thorn-Delwyn
    Why do we loose 80% of fame if farming with t100 mastery??? Whats the reason to even have that feature in that case?
    That means that if i want to proggress in hammers more and i already have t100 mastery on 2h hammer, im still forced to use useless weapons while fame farming!
    You can just sell 1 lv off the 100 to 99 for silver and get 80% credits and continue to use the lv 99.
  • nicolas2162 wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

so just to confirm, there is no way to add fame credits to the specialization node?

So if I change from my 100 spec weapon and switch to another node,I lose above 200 ip but im still t8, seems a bit useless at least to me
    okay guys, just read again his comment because you look so happy but this is the ONLY smart comment i saw
    So i have 100 mastery bow, 90longbow spec, 100standard bow spec, 75 warbow spec, 89 artefact bow spec

WHY would i respec to a t8 crossbow with 0 spec to any crossbow. Wtf nobody care about mastery ... 0.2lp per level. We care about spec.

It's not a respec possibility if we can't respect specs because only specs matters

i hope i misunderstood everything and i will erase my post soon otherwise this gonna be so useless

He clarified in a post further down, here:

Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

You can use Credits that you gained from Torch Offhand specialization for the Swords base node and vice versa.
  • Kostan wrote:

nicolas2162 wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

okay guys, just read again his comment because you look so happy but this is the ONLY smart comment i sawSo i have 100 mastery bow, 90longbow spec, 100standard bow spec, 75 warbow spec, 89 artefact bow spec

He clarified in a post further down, here:

Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

so i misunderstood.
  • Wayne84 wrote:

Kostan wrote:

They should just rewrite it to say this:

"any combat fame (not including reaver) converted to fame credits can be used for any combat node. This includes both mastery and specialization nodes."
    I m not sure that is what they mean... They have a strange use of words and comunications... LOL
    Main post was edited to include my wording, should clear it up for some folks.

Have fun!