A Brief Guide to Mastery Re-Specialization, AKA Re-Spec

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• A Brief Guide to Mastery Re-Specialization, AKA Re-Spec

This feature will allow you to transfer Mastery Levels from one combat node to another. Though this will cost you some of your hard-earned fame and Silver in the process, it will allow you to quickly react to changes in the Meta or switch to a build more to your liking.

To do this, we are introducing a new currency into the game: Fame Credits. This currency is bound to your character and thus can’t be traded, similar to Learning Points.

If you've converted earned Mastery Levels into Fame Credits, you can see the quantity of credits you currently own on your Destiny Board, right beside your Learning Points.

Fame Credits can be gained by two methods:
      • Convert Mastery Levels above the first directly into Fame Credits for a Silver cost.
      • Fame earned will automatically be converted into Fame Credits when you maxed out all Mastery Levels of an affected node. But the conversion rate is smaller than directly converting Mastery Levels (e.g. if one Level is needed 1000 Fame and you convert it into Fame Credits ignoring any Learning Point modifier, you'd get 800 Credits but only 200 if you grinded 1000 Fame with an Item that is maxed out)
      But keep in mind that the amount of Fame Credits needed to unlock a Mastery Level is 25% higher than what you would get if you converted the same level into Fame Credits. As an example: if you maxed out Spear Fighter and converted all 99 Levels into Fame Credits to put them into Sword Fighter, you would only get to Mastery Level 92. You would need an additional 25% Fame Credits to get it to 100.

The amount of Fame Credits is based on what type of node it is (e.g. Offhand Nodes only cost and return 20% of Fame Credits compared to similar nodes) and on how expensive in Learning Points they are.
      This is done so that whether or not you've invested Learning Points into Mastery Levels doesn’t matter.

Edit:
      This feature is limited to combat nodes (base nodes, that unlocks new weapon tiers and specialization nodes, that offer additional item power).

Kostan schrieb:

"any combat fame (not including reaver) converted to fame credits can be used for any combat node. This includes both mastery and specialization nodes."
      Thanks to @Kostan . I hope this clears all misunderstandings.

Conversion Rates

Equipment SlotCredits per FameFame per Credit
      Weapons0.42
      Offhands0.0240
      Armor0.24
      Head0.18
      Shoes0.18

This means that 100 Fame of a weapon node returns 40 Fame Credits but 40 Fame Credits will only give you 80 Fame for any weapon node.
      100 Fame of an offhand item node will return 2 Fame Credits. Those 2 Fame Credits will in turn give you 80 Fame for any offhand node but only 4 Fame for any weapon node.
      If want to grind Fame Credits with a maxed out item the rate is 1/4 of the normal one. (e.g. 0.1 for weapons)

Feature Extension

To improve the comfort when reaching the maximum of a node we decided to extend the feature with a new button.

If this button is switched active then any maxed out node will use Silver to push the conversion rate for automatic conversion up to match manual conversion.
      The silver costs and conversion rates are the same as if you would convert Levels manually.

We are aware that this will make power grinding easier and we're aware that it will be very easy to max out offhand nodes.
      The decision to make it so easy to max out offhand was made because otherwise the advantage of grinding with an offhand and a 1h-weapon versus grinding with a 2-handed weapon would have been to big.

The reduced silver cost for offhand conversion was actually a bug and has been fixed. Though I'm not sure when this change will hit the test server.
      Furthermore we will increase the Silver Cost before the patch hits from 0.375 per Fame Credit to 0.5 per Fame Credit (final value is then modified by the global discount).

The automatic conversion computes the amount about every 5 seconds to make it easier on the server.
      If you don't have enough silver to convert the fame gathered in these five seconds then none of it will use the higher conversion rate but the normal 20% conversion rate that costs no silver.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 9 mal editiert, zuletzt von Thorn-Delwyn ()

• Opens interesting avenues for existing players as well as new players.

Question: Will I now be able to get rid of my gathering/crafting fame I will never use? :)
      Savage is recruiting: https://discord.gg/SvEdqvW

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/61084-Savage-Structured-PvP-Veterans-Limited-Recruitment-Pirates-Mercenaries/?pageNo=1
    • tabooshka schrieb:

so just to confirm, there is no way to add fame credits to the specialization node?

So if I change from my 100 spec weapon and switch to another node,I lose above 200 ip but im still t8, seems a bit useless at least to me
      Yeah - they don't want it to be a 1 for 1 which makes sense if their intention is to make you play the game. Honestly this is an amazing change for more casual minded people. The hardcore elite among us already have alts with every spec they need, thus this really helps the common man out by giving them their hard earned time back and saving them some in the future as well.
      Savage is recruiting: https://discord.gg/SvEdqvW

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/61084-Savage-Structured-PvP-Veterans-Limited-Recruitment-Pirates-Mercenaries/?pageNo=1
    • slizzard schrieb:

Question: Will I now be able to get rid of my gathering/crafting fame I will never use? :)

Right now the feature only includes the Combat Nodes.

Though we might add Crafting and Gathering in the future we would also add new kinds of Fame Credits because the value of Fame for Combat, Gathering and Crafting is completely different.

tabooshka schrieb:

so just to confirm, there is no way to add fame credits to the specialization node?

So if I change from my 100 spec weapon and switch to another node,I lose above 200 ip but im still t8, seems a bit useless at least to me
      You can convert every combat node into combat credits but the conversion rate for different kind of nodes is different also.
      And you can of use these Credits for every combat node.

How you plan to use this feature is up to you. There are definitely more and less smart ways to do so.
      At the very least I can say that we want to discourage you to use it repetitively. It should be an action to spent more than one thought on. ;)
    • @Thorn-Delwyn
      So if i farm in gear wich have 100 lvl mastery, i will lose 25% of fame?
      I was hyped for 1 min, than i realised that it seems i still cant farm in maxed out gear without loosing fame...am i right?
      Also does it mean if i would wear 100 helm, boots and armor, i will get x3 fame-credits? Wich i can spend later on weapon?
      Time rolls on. Wipe these eyes. Yesterday laughs. Tomorrow cries.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Seraphimos ()

• Seraphimos schrieb:

@Thorn-Delwyn
      So if i farm in gear wich have 100 lvl mastery, i will lose 25% of fame?
      I was hyped for 1 min, than i realised that it seems i still cant farm in maxed out gear without loosing fame...am i right?
      It's still better than losing all the gain.

I'm really glad of this feature, i've got a shitton of useless specs and masteries.

Btw can we trade fame from a level which isnt completed (for example if i have 30k / 100k on the level 20 of sword, can i still use those 30k somewhere else?)
    • Wayne84 schrieb:

moneymike2g schrieb:

This will be somewhat useless if it doesn't also go into specialization, just my 2 cents.
      @Thorn-Delwyn said all combat nodes... so also specializations...

I don't think so, the edit makes me think otherwise.

Thorn-Delwyn schrieb:

Edit: This feature is limited to combat nodes (base nodes, that unlocks new weapon tiers and specialization nodes, that offer additional item power).

EDIT: I think it applies to both nvm, just reads odd.

"This feature is limited to combat nodes (base nodes that unlock new weapon tiers, and specialization nodes that offer additional item power).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Kostan ()

• Yup, very happy. This means I can continue to HCE in my blazing staff but can reassign all that fame to a weapon that sucks in HCEs at only a 25% penalty.

I also wonder if this could be abused a little with offhands? They level quicker and spec quicker and we could drop both mastery and spec into something?

I assume there's no qualifier saying we can only use mastery fame for a mastery and spec fame for a spec? I assume it all just gets moved to the fame point thingy?