Why would you buff bow again for ZvZ?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Why would you buff bow again for ZvZ?

Bows:
      Rain of Arrows:
      Cast Range: 13m -> 15m

The Longbow is a very good wep for ZvZ. I play it 70% of ZvZ ... i
      Explosive arrow + rain of arrow is doing mass damage and it's a cheap wep.

Last patch was a buff for ZvZ weps ...

I don't get it ... we want to GvG or HG.

If you really buff the bow for ZvZ again, you are just create imbalance ....
      A lot of classes need buff for ZvZ, especially not the bow.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von nicolas2162 ()

• Instead of making new forum posts you could take an example at
      albiononline.com/en/killboard/player/0Obr7mIvQyqadOl_agc4kA

and start winning gvgs against top teams with a bow. GvGs with a bow is not that hard, but making 300 posts about something other people do with eas just because you cant do it doesnt make you a better player.

twitch.tv/videos/249938335

There are multiple gvg/hg teams running bows on a daylie basis, this is just an exampel while you were making this post.
      Proud owner of the T8 Offhand book Rosalia's Diary. Feel free to pm me once you have your own item named in Albion.
    • This post is relevant.

I asked why they want to buff the bow for ZvZ.

It's not a new post about buffing the bow for GvG, it is literately to talk about this change for the NDA.

I know they is one or 2 guys doing GvG with bow. It's doesn't mean that bow should not be buff. thx to pin point the exception.

What the ratio between xbow and bow for Gvg or HG player?
      Bow is very low tier and it's just a fact ...
    • Doing 852 damage to multiple targets at 15m range is pretty good for GvG last time I checked. One good stun from your tank and RIP enemy team. You don't even need to go into harms way.

For reference:
      Halberd does 506 at melee range
      Clarent does 709 at melee range with max stacks
      Frost E does 402 damage at 12m

Obviously these are instant. But 2 of them are melee range and frost deals half the damage at lower range.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • The question is why are you not playing gvgs but he is playing Gvgs.

You claim its impossible to find a team.
      He has a team.

You claim the weapon is bad.
      He wins.

Either he is a dreaming living a dream right now, or you just should stop generalising bows and exaggerating how "bad" a weapon is.
      If you can't even accept some simple facts, why would anyone even consider listen to you repeating yourself 20 times a day with stuff that is proven different.

I'd rather listen to Boudavildje if i wanted to know how to improve bow playstyle.

Oh, and the reason why Longbow E was buffed has nothing to do with "bows" in general, its because the skill itself is just weaker to its equal competitors like lets say fire Zerg AoE or Frost Zerg AoE.
      All long range pbaoe skills should have an even power level, and rain of arrows was just falling shorter than most other alternatives. Just step out of your bubble.
      Proud owner of the T8 Offhand book Rosalia's Diary. Feel free to pm me once you have your own item named in Albion.
    • @Rosalia @iced0ut

wtf guys, i created a thead about the longbow here and the radius increase.

Oh, and the reason why Longbow E was buffed has nothing to do with "bows" in general, its because the skill itself is just weaker to its equal competitors like lets say fire Zerg AoE or Frost Zerg AoE.

This skill is not weak at all. If you combo it with the explosive arrow, you obtain a huge amount of damage.
      I play longbow and this gonna make it just way to strong for no reason.

Wake up guys .. Bow is HARDLY viable for GvG since 4 months and they are just buffing it for ZvZ.
      I am not dreaming, this is a fact. Even if one bow player is very good, good for him and it's realy hard to really do something this bows now.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von nicolas2162 ()

• Rosalia schrieb:

Instead of making new forum posts you could take an example at
      albiononline.com/en/killboard/player/0Obr7mIvQyqadOl_agc4kA

and start winning gvgs against top teams with a bow. GvGs with a bow is not that hard, but making 300 posts about something other people do with eas just because you cant do it doesnt make you a better player.

twitch.tv/videos/249938335

There are multiple gvg/hg teams running bows on a daylie basis, this is just an exampel while you were making this post.
      That is a pretty bad example, lol.
    • Rosalia schrieb:

The question is why are you not playing gvgs but he is playing Gvgs.

You claim its impossible to find a team.
      He has a team.

You claim the weapon is bad.
      He wins.

Either he is a dreaming living a dream right now, or you just should stop generalising bows and exaggerating how "bad" a weapon is.
      If you can't even accept some simple facts, why would anyone even consider listen to you repeating yourself 20 times a day with stuff that is proven different.

I'd rather listen to Boudavildje if i wanted to know how to improve bow playstyle.

All long range pbaoe skills should have an even power level, and rain of arrows was just falling shorter than most other alternatives. Just step out of your bubble.
      You right, i wont be like the best GvG playeror something like that even if bow is buff and get finally viable.

But at least, i will be able to do more HG and train on a delay basis. Now i can't do shitt.
    • Longbow is very easy to use. You just have to stay on the flanc, not behind the tank and you can EASELY not being interup and use all your explosive arrows.
      I play bow and i have noticed the huge damage of longbow. This bow doesn't need a buff at all.

Longbow T8 (very very cheap wep btw)
      E = 6 x 142 = 852
      Explosive arrow 65 x 10 = 650
      Total 1502 for 2-3 sec, instant cast and large aoe

With t6 staff meteor
      Meteor = 1322 and it's realy hard to use lol.

T4 siegbow
      5x 276 = 1380 + 2%hp each hit for 5 sec!

with T4 badon
      23 x 78 = 1794 (IF the guy stay 5 second in your aoe wich is almost impossible)

i know it's 2 skills but ... that the dmg you can deal for zvz. You dont use very much your W at the first impact with others zvz wep so ...

i repeat, i don't think longbow needs anykind of buff because longbow is already VERY good for ZvZ. Bow is weak for GvG not ZvZ.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 9 mal editiert, zuletzt von nicolas2162 ()

• The NDA balance or NDA UNBALANCE patch

No buff for bow for gvg at all but they want buff a lot of other classes Digging the trench between bow players and range dps.

Right now bow player are 0% on the GvG scene at high level.
      After this bow player will be -10%?

Arcane Staffs:
      • Arcane Orb:
        • Removed the knockback
        • Silence Duration: 1.08 -> 1.68
        • Damage: 37.93 -> 73.01
      • Time Corridor:
        • Slow Stregth: 25% -> 30%
        • Damage per Tick: 16.05 -> 18.35
      • Void:
        • Cooldown: 40s -> 30s
      Bows:

• Rain of Arrows:
        • Cast Range: 13m -> 15m
      Crossbows:

• Exploding Shot:
        • Cast Time: 1s -> 0s
        • First hit damage: 59.67 -> 50.90
        • Explosion damage: 189.43 -> 201.96
        • Energycost: 17 -> 15
      Cursed Staffs:

• Desecrate:
        • Radius: 5m -> 9m
        • Hit Delay: 0.2s -> 0.6s
        • Standtime: 0.4s -> 0,8s
        • Cooldown: 10s -> 15s
      • Hunting Screams:
        • The channel is now cast onto an enemy target
        • The channel can now be interrupted

Daggers:

• Poison Coating: (reworked)
        • The skill has been reworked, it is not a self buff anymore
        • Instead it is a single enemy attack, wich poisons a single enemy for 8s, dealing magic damage every second. This ability consumes your Sunder Armor or Assassin's Spirit charges to increase the damage. Additionally while poisoned the enemy's healing received is reduced by 20%.
      Fire Staffs:

• Flame Pillar:
        • Damage: 153.74 -> 169.12
      • Contagious Fire:
        • Cast Time: 1.5s -> 1.2s
        • Damage per tick: 27.75 -> 34.68
      Frost Staffs:

• Frost Nova:
        • Cast Range: 7m -> 11m
      • Hail:
        • Delay until the second hail wave: 2.4s -> 1.5s
        • Cast Range: 11m -> 15m
      • Ice Storm:
        • Damage per tick: 25.77 -> 27.86
      Hammers:

• Giant Steps:
        • The spell can't be purged anymore
        • Attack Damage Increase: 146% -> 150%
        • Standtime: 0.6s -> 0s
      Holy Staffs:

• Salvation:
        • Cast Time: 1,5s -> 1s
        • Cast Range: 11m -> 14m
      Maces:

• Defensive Slam:
        • Resistance Increase: 0.08 -> 0.15
        • Damage: 83.36 -> 77.81
        • Radius 4m -> 5m
        • Buff Duration: 5s -> 3s
      • Stalling Slam:
        • Reworked the Spell, it now decreases an enemy's energy on hit. And gives energy for up to 5 allies in a 5m radius
        • Cooldown: 3s -> 4s
        • Damage: 55.58 -> 36.33
      Nature Staffs:

• Ruthless Nature:
        • The caster can now move during the channel.
        • The channel is not uninterruptible anymore.
        • Removed the reflect damage.
        • The area now also slows enemies by 20%
        • Area Radius: 6m -> 8m
        • Heal per Tick: 27.22 -> 30.21
        • Energycost: 20 -> 18
      • Spirit Animal:
        • Heal per tick: 19.18 -> 14.38 -> 11.51
        • Max Stacks: 3 -> 4 -> 5
      Armors:

• Fear Aura:
        • Stepping in the area now always fears for 1s (ignoring cc resistance)
        • It also makes the target immune to the area for 1.2s (giving an opportunity to activate a spell before getting feared multiple times)
      Shoes:

[*]Evasive Jump:
      • Range: 12m -> 9m

Giant:
      The spell can't be purged anymore.Standtime: 0.4s -> 0sHitdelay: 0.3s -> 0

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von nicolas2162 ()

• You know @letwolf , you asked a buff to the curse and that right because curse what not meta anymore.
      I didn't go on yours posts and say shitt because i can recognize the good and bad classes.

Curse was more viable than bow but they are looking to buff curse.

Worse ... they are looking to buff a lot of classes for gvg except bow.

Now, try to put you in our situation, would you be upset?
    • nicolas2162 schrieb:

You know @letwolf , you asked a buff to the curse and that right because curse what not meta anymore.
      I didn't go on yours posts and say shitt because i can recognize the good and bad classes.

Curse was more viable than bow but they are looking to buff curse.

Worse ... they are looking to buff a lot of classes for gvg except bow.

Now, try to put you in our situation, would you be upset?
      The changes to curse have no impact on curse in GvG. Neither desecrate or haunting screams are used in GvG. Haunting screams was beyond useless in almost all situations. It's only slightly less useless now that it is a targetable ability. Still a 6 second long channel to have the full impact... but half the base damage of a similar long channel weapon like the siegebow.

Curse is viable in 5v5 using demonic, but not a top tier choice for a DPS slot.
      Use my referral key for starter packs:

https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

or PM me on official AO Discord ( [url]https://discord.gg/dcH32z[/url]) at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 for a free trial key
    • in fact...curse is kinda shit tier now, and recent changes ain't going to change that, but I hope its only start. Core problems (8 meter range of Q, 4 seconds CD of AoE Q, overall short duration and low damage of Vile curse and lack of skills that applies Vile curses) - were not touched in recent playtests.