Why would you buff bow again for ZvZ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sorry better explain for his benefit because he won't understand. This will mean that 5v5 is more popular. More teams. More positions available. Less fussy about comps and weapon choice as less fear of loss and quicker turnaround between gates. More accessible. Therefore, more access regardless of weapon. People will have less to gain though so will be playing for wins not loot. Therefore, they will want decent players. He still won't get a team. Can't wait for him to realise 325+ posts were wasted.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Bastyon ().

• yep

I have 400 post about balance bow and it's totaly understanable, so many post and comment have been posted by so many people.
    You have 134 talking about me or just negleting even if you are worng at 100% everywhere everytime like a child

We can be friend on instagram / facebook if you want because you are realy realy obsess by me. If you would not be here, this thread would have probably 10 page ...
  • I see your 1x Longbow and raise you 2x Halberds...

But yea, when explosive shot hits 5+ people, it will dump a ton of damage. 60 damage a hit x 10 people hit is an instant 600 damage to a whole group. And that's not even factoring in the actual E damage. Ray of Light tends to be more reliable imo. Smaller circle, but always 600ish damage and not dependent on hitting a ton of people under the circle and people staying there.

I really wish they'd remove multishot and replace the Q with explosive shot and make all of the bow Q skills toggles that consume mana per shot.
  • Nvs1980 wrote:

I see your 1x Longbow and raise you 2x Halberds...

But yea, when explosive shot hits 5+ people, it will dump a ton of damage. 60 damage a hit x 10 people hit is an instant 600 damage to a whole group. And that's not even factoring in the actual E damage. Ray of Light tends to be more reliable imo. Smaller circle, but always 600ish damage and not dependent on hitting a ton of people under the circle and people staying there.

I really wish they'd remove multishot and replace the Q with explosive shot and make all of the bow Q skills toggles that consume mana per shot.
    Yeah BUT you dont have to hit everybody with you E, you can adjust your aoe to only hit a pack of people close each other and avoid isolated target to give an almost instant burst stronger than meteor. This allows you to proc your explosive arrow almost on the same spot. Btw explosive arrow has a 5m radius which is pretty large.

Before the engage, you can active your explosive arrive 10 sec before and have it again for the next volley (15sec maximum) after the first one.
  • I have tested bow of badon at arena today
    What to say? Seems bows are shitty for 5v5. Hopes not come true yet.
    Problems and conclusions
    1. Lack of good Q skill for 5v5 : Multishot is too weak, and too low-ranged. It very close to Spear's Lunging strike, but Lunging strike does MORE dmg, adds slow, and has the same CD. Fail.
    Sniper shot? Too mana hungry, too casty, no mobility, bam bam - you dead. Should have much longer range maybe?
    Poison arrow - not very good as its no 1v1 fight
    2. W skill explosive arrows doesnt do very good on 2-3 targets (despite they good for zvz) and lack of Multishot distance makes the combo worse.
    Not having Ray of Light unlocked, maybe it much better for 5v5 (it should)
    3. E skill, Raging storm? Good
    4. LOW auto-attack damage. Bow relies on auto attacks and should have more damage on that! 70/second is too low. Swords deal near 120!
  • letwolf wrote:

I have tested bow of badon at arena today
    Problems and conclusions
    1. Lack of good Q skill for 5v5 : Multishot is too weak, and too low-ranged. It very close to Spear's Lunging strike, but Lunging strike does MORE dmg, adds slow, and has the same CD. Fail.
    Sniper shot? Too mana hungry, too casty, no mobility, bam bam - you dead. Should have much longer range maybe?
    2. W skill explosive arrows doesnt do very good on 2-3 targets (despite they good for zvz) and lack of Multishot distance makes the combo worse.
    4. LOW auto-attack damage. Bow relies on auto attacks and should have more damage on that! 70/second is too low. Swords deal near 120!
    Specifically to the Badon, the reason you don't see it too much is the same reason they aren't all that common in ZvZs anymore. The delivery method of the E skill is too easily intercepted and you won't get the cloud where you want it or on who you need it half the time.

But yea, you've outlined pretty well what I find wrong with it too. The question is what could they do to adjust these things without making current powerful bows like Warbow even more exteme?

IMO:

Poison Shot - Toggle, makes your auto attacks also apply a stacking poison dot costing you X mana per shot fired.
    Deadly Shot - Toggle, increase your auto attack range by 30% costing you X mana per shot fired.
    Multi-Shot - Changed to explosive shot. Toggle, your auto attacks will also hit adjacent targets costing you X mana per shot.

The above changes would remove a lot of the kiting potential of Warbow, nerfing it in 1v1 scenarios. It will give you added pressure in ZvZ and GvG scenarios because you could choose added range. They could then allow these toggles to interact with other abilities.

For example:
    Rain of Arrows: The explosive shot toggle would make rain of arrows more powerful than it currently is because each salvo would have the potential to hit everyone instead of just 10 targets. But this could be offset by making the AE on the new passive could be much smaller so the likely hood of everyone getting the AE damage is reduced. They could also make the full rain of arrows a channel instead of only half of it. The deadly shot could increase the radius of the Rain of Arrows circle and could do similar for Ray of Light. Poison would just apply the AE poison.

Obviously other things would need fine tuning as well. Whispering Bow would obviously have to lose its extended range because of the passive, but they could change the undead arrows to drain energy or something else. But I personally don't find these changes to be too extreme, don't really change the overall feel of the bow that much, and would make them more viable in all aspects of the game.
  • Nvs1980 wrote:

letwolf wrote:

I have tested bow of badon at arena today
    Problems and conclusions
    Specifically to the Badon, the reason you don't see it too much is the same reason they aren't all that common in ZvZs anymore. The delivery method of the E skill is too easily intercepted and you won't get the cloud where you want it or on who you need it half the time.
    But yea, you've outlined pretty well what I find wrong with it too. The question is what could they do to adjust these things without making current powerful bows like Warbow even more exteme?

IMO:

Poison Shot - Toggle, makes your auto attacks also apply a stacking poison dot costing you X mana per shot fired.
    Deadly Shot - Toggle, increase your auto attack range by 30% costing you X mana per shot fired.
    Multi-Shot - Changed to explosive shot. Toggle, your auto attacks will also hit adjacent targets costing you X mana per shot.

The above changes would remove a lot of the kiting potential of Warbow, nerfing it in 1v1 scenarios. It will give you added pressure in ZvZ and GvG scenarios because you could choose added range. They could then allow these toggles to interact with other abilities.

For example:
    Rain of Arrows: The explosive shot toggle would make rain of arrows more powerful than it currently is because each salvo would have the potential to hit everyone instead of just 10 targets. But this could be offset by making the AE on the new passive could be much smaller so the likely hood of everyone getting the AE damage is reduced. They could also make the full rain of arrows a channel instead of only half of it. The deadly shot could increase the radius of the Rain of Arrows circle and could do similar for Ray of Light. Poison would just apply the AE poison.

Obviously other things would need fine tuning as well. Whispering Bow would obviously have to lose its extended range because of the passive, but they could change the undead arrows to drain energy or something else. But I personally don't find these changes to be too extreme, don't really change the overall feel of the bow that much, and would make them more viable in all aspects of the game.
    maybe badon E should be like Ray of light - shoot at the sky, then arrow fall down with cloud and lighting at desired location... not only much better positioning, but more immersive and nice visually
  • Again i want to highlight the fact that the DEV will buff probably one of the strongest ZvZ weapon.

You guy are too buzy to bitch me but you dont understand that longbow can literraly 1 shot multiple people with 8.1 armor full life.

Every Zvz i go, i oneshot people with good gear with a 15sec cooldown, large aoe, low mana requirment and very easy to use.
    You don't need any damage buff or anything.

All of that with a very very cheap flat 7.0 or 8.0 bow and regular cheap zvz gear.

albiononline.com/fr/killboard/kill/15848021
    albiononline.com/fr/killboard/kill/15847475
    albiononline.com/fr/killboard/kill/15296067 okay (92%)
    albiononline.com/fr/killboard/kill/15122382
    albiononline.com/fr/killboard/kill/15847473

So in the next patch, they will buff the weapon for no reason but they will not buff bow for his weakest point : 5v5

I totaly disagree what they are doing on the unbalance server test.

The post was edited 2 times, last by nicolas2162 ().