Talking about snowballing and the nightmare

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Talking about snowballing and the nightmare

Is not a good example about the snowballing of the most powerful guilds that nightmare mount? Against team of gankers with one nightmare, have I to buy a swift or a direwolf? And for team of gankers I just mean only 2.

And they doesnt have any risk of losing it if they dont do a huuuuge mistake, they always could flee with that mount. (This is ok for me, 12m of money).

To be very wealthy, or have a powerful clan that can afford to buy these nightmare for ganking teams, should not be a 100% of success rate.
      How ppl can counter it without spending 600k for purchasing a dire/swift???

I dont think that it is really balanced. Nightmares should be good in team fights, or for fleeing, but not for ganking and always succeed. If they start to always use that mount no one will gather in BZ, bye bye albion online.
    • Im not newbie :/
      All done.. and more.
      Using the T5 armored against a team of 3, one with the nightmare, does nothing. Nightmare reaches you anyway, nightmare "stun" you, the other 2 kills you. Did u never dismounted an armored??

If the only one way to gathering in BZ is being next to the gate, again no one will gather there.. you have to have a chance of fleeing without that dire/swift. I just got caught there by nightmares.

Or give nightmares to everyone and the snowball wont do anything. Again, being snowballed in a persistent game should not give a 100% of winning every gank.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Undume ()

• If someone risks something worth 12m to gank someone with a gear value of ~100k and still needs some comrades with him... dont know if i would consider this snowball.
      As soon as he gets baited and unmounts its RIP.
      Getting ganked by something like that can be really frustrating - i get that. If he does it bad, you could dodge his trail, but that would still slow you down and let his comrades catch up.

Its something expensive that can be situationally really really strong - but its not snowball. He has to pull of 120 ganks solo on someone with gear worth 100k just to be able to afford to die once.
      Its high risk low reward - like going with 8.3 into a Hellgate.
      Of course the winning/ganking chances are a lot higher, but there is always the risk of losing it - and with stuff like that losing hurts really really bad.

On the other hand, im happy that i didnt get ganked by a nightmare squad till now, but i can understand the pain.
    • In my mind when you can risk 12m for these ganks, it is because u snowballed soo hard and dont care so much to lose it. I didnt snowball and I really care about losing 100k of equipment.

The point was that no one "build" should give a 99.9% of success rate. The snowball thing is an extra because that "build" is just for the only ones currently with tons of money. Months ago no one was using mammoths, if it happens with the nightmare mount all the casual and starting players that cannot afford unlimited dire/swift will suffer a lot.

Anyway, the frustration of having no hope of fleeing of a situation like that is bad game design. Some frustration is good, too much is not.
    • no, im not but i have a guild and alliance chat and discord. try to use it too....
      when you farm in mercia and your not in oops you are maybe in the wrong section of the map, point.
      about the main topic: its risk vs reward. they risk high value for ganking typical low gear and they have to get many kills to sustain this. the chance of getting baited is not small. baiting is dayly business in black zones.... sure, this looks op in your eyes but they are probably making less money then you may expect.
    • lol idc about they money that they are making doing that.

I care about the 0% chances of running from them without doing any mistake, they dont need to bait you, sorrund you,etc. They will just run behind you, wait ur bubble is out, etc, until they can stun without dismounting and kill you.

Not talking about the risk/reward, talking about game design.

And I could gather in BZ without being in any main alliance ever, didnt get caught so much, had so much profit if you know how to move there (til now with that mares). The point again is not farming there out of these alliances, the point im talking here is that mount.
      (Anyway if a lot of ppl could not really farm there because they are not in one of the main snowballed guilds, still being a snowball problem that is being told in another thread):

Later when it would become a real problem for any that cant afford dire/swift, the fixing would be late.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 13 mal editiert, zuletzt von Undume ()

• Undume schrieb:

The point was that no one "build" should give a 99.9% of success rate
      But it's not 99.9% success rate. Even if you personally don't there is plenty of others who do run groups. Savage, Awful Company, Who, Conflict, Ironborn, SUN ganking parties.

You are looking at your own limited point of view and missing the great picture, that this mount WILL die to a large group, often and fast.

No snowball.
    • I think part of the problem is that the fear mechanic for firewall, fiend robe and the nightmare flame trail is just broken and OP right now. Hence why fire mages, even with the DPS nerf from the last patch are still practically mandatory for 5v5.

I've been yanked by some nightmare gank squads, if you're not on a direwolf they will catch up and as soon as they get you stuck in that flame trail it is basically game over.
      Use my referral key for starter packs:

https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

or PM me on official AO Discord ( [url]https://discord.gg/dcH32z[/url]) at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 for a free trial key
    • kreeshak schrieb:

Undume schrieb:

But it's not 99.9% success rate. Even if you personally don't there is plenty of others who do run groups. Savage, Awful Company, Who, Conflict, Ironborn, SUN ganking parties.
      You are looking at your own limited point of view and missing the great picture, that this mount WILL die to a large group, often and fast.

No snowball.
      Again? so? they will die to a large group, fine. ok.

Did u read all the thread? Its not the risking/reward factor, its the game design factor, why someone skilled/unskilled should kill any other just by outrunning them? Are we playing wow now? Anyone with 5 levels o 12m more than you should kill u 100% of the times?
      If there is some case that someone 100 times more skilled than their opponents cant never never win in a sandbox game (not wow), there is some bad design, period. The only way to win it is not playing, not going to gather in BZ if not is with a dire or with a large group, again bad design. Until now, anyone being a little bit smart or lucky could gather there with all the risks of not being in some of the big alliances. With mares is not a risk, is death sentence.

You should try to go solo and find some nightmare squad as @Grimhawke-EB said, the frustration will be so high when u do all the things right and u die anyway. These things are the things that ppl see unfair and makes them quit the game.
    • Undume schrieb:

kreeshak schrieb:

Undume schrieb:

But it's not 99.9% success rate. Even if you personally don't there is plenty of others who do run groups. Savage, Awful Company, Who, Conflict, Ironborn, SUN ganking parties.You are looking at your own limited point of view and missing the great picture, that this mount WILL die to a large group, often and fast.

No snowball.
      Again? so? they will die to a large group, fine. ok.
      Did u read all the thread? Its not the risking/reward factor, its the game design factor, why someone skilled/unskilled should kill any other just by outrunning them? Are we playing wow now? Anyone with 5 levels o 12m more than you should kill u 100% of the times?
      If there is some case that someone 100 times more skilled than their opponents cant never never win in a sandbox game (not wow), there is some bad design, period. The only way to win it is not playing, not going to gather in BZ if not is with a dire or with a large group, again bad design. Until now, anyone being a little bit smart or lucky could gather there with all the risks of not being in some of the big alliances. With mares is not a risk, is death sentence.

You should try to go solo and find some nightmare squad as @Grimhawke-EB said, the frustration will be so high when u do all the things right and u die anyway. These things are the things that ppl see unfair and makes them quit the game.

That's not bad design but loser mentality.

Have the nightmare squad start fresh from zero. No learning points. No silver. No gold. No islands.No specialization. And you keep whatever you have now. Soon enough they will still gank you with nightmare and beat you.

Or to put it in other words.

Gank yourself with your friends in a nightmare, and see how easy or hard it is ;)
    • omg so the point is that we all have to go in nightmare gank squads to gather in BZ? is that?

Love the "loser ganker mentality" that cant see the damage that this do to the game when no one will go to gather in BZ because the nightmare is the new meta. Then we will see a lot of posts of gankers crying because they have to roam 1 hour for finding 1 gatherer.

Its a bad design when a game design discourages ppl to do something of vital importance, as gathering because they will die always against that "build". But ok, is just a loser mentality ;)

And again, who cares the risk of ganking like this? again, im talking that this is discouraging for gatherers and soloers, period. Design.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Undume ()

• No. nightmare ganking is not even that strong to start with.

The only issue is that you are a solo gatherer and you are relying on (other) group abilities to kill the nightmare.

Each one of the parties involved need to calculate the risk vs reward:

-you the gatherer
      -the nightmare gankers
      -the nightmare killers

Out of these three I believe the nightmare gankers are making the lowest possibly profits (if not losses) spending their time. So that's why we keep repeating it is fine.

One suggestion would be, next time you encounter that nightmare ganking squad inform some of the gankers who will really be interested to hunt the nightmare down? Once the nightmare dies 3-4 times I bet ya they'll stop using it.