Existing Accounts & Steam

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• LasTimelord schrieb:

Still what makes me laugh is this, USING EXAMPLES.

Say Albion has 10k players (within 2 years of being out), before the steam release.

Let's say about 1k has left due to not being able to merge with steam, (let's face it SBI has probably pissed off that amount), so we have 9k left.

Now let's say 3k of them switch to Steam, make new accounts and leave their old accounts to die we have 6k left.

Now let's remove the bots and the ones that made an account and gave up, we shall say another 1k.

So 5k left, that probably play a lot/in guilds, generally enjoying the game.

Now Steam could pull in over the next 5 years another 50k

5k = 100%

50k = 70%

Is that 5k really enough to keep the game from collapsing?
      Your calculations are just freaked from the sky. How even you can suppose, in what world, there will be 3k of idiutts who leave their hard-leveled, powerful characters and spend more money for JUST LAUNCH GAME FROM STEAM LIBRARY instead of separate shortcut?!

WUT?!!!
    • letwolf schrieb:

LasTimelord schrieb:

Say Albion has 10k players (within 2 years of being out), before the steam release.

Let's say about 1k has left due to not being able to merge with steam, (let's face it SBI has probably pissed off that amount), so we have 9k left.

Now let's say 3k of them switch to Steam, make new accounts and leave their old accounts to die we have 6k left.

Now let's remove the bots and the ones that made an account and gave up, we shall say another 1k.

5k = 100%

50k = 70%

Your calculations are just freaked from the sky. How even you can suppose, in what world, there will be 3k of idiutts who leave their hard-leveled, powerful characters and spend more money for JUST LAUNCH GAME FROM STEAM LIBRARY instead of separate shortcut?!

WUT?!!!

He quoted other people and said it was ridiculous and stupid. Or did I misunderstand something?

Maybe because after "examples" he did not put a colon? Therefore it is not obvious what he lists.

Like this:

LasTimelord schrieb:

USING EXAMPLES:

>Say Albion has 10k players (within 2 years of being out), before the steam release.

>Let's say about 1k has left due to not being able to merge with steam, (let's face it SBI has probably pissed off that amount), so we have 9k left.

>Now let's say 3k of them switch to Steam, make new accounts and leave their old accounts to die we have 6k left.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Clu ()

• letwolf schrieb:

LasTimelord schrieb:

5k = 100%

50k = 70%

WUT?!!!
      Hard for some to understand maybe, but if you were a true gamer. Who live among them, played with them for 30+ years You'd know how much the "collection feeling" and the "Legacy" feeling means to these people. It wouldn't have been a problem if Steam was NEVER on the table for this game. But as it seems (wasn't fully aware of how accurate it was until recently) , it was promised from the very beginning, and it was promised WITH free keys up until recently.

Instead they take away the free keys, AND making it impossible to Link your account even if you'd buy that key yourself. That WILL for sure piss a lot of hardcore collecting/legacy thinking gamers such as me, and many others. Sure It's not been a hellstorm of forum posts yet, but there's been a whole lot of negative reviews for this reason, There's also been a majority of people (as it looks like) On these forums that are unhappy with the SBI stunt. And The reviews on Steam getting far more "yes this review was helpful" then the positive ones. Sure it gets "mostly positive" as average, but that's most likely because most of the players are brand new and they like the game, they might not even know what have happened about this account linking problem.

I think LasTimelord's calculations while taken from the sky could still be somewhat accurate. I think it's fair to say that ~10-15% will either leave or not come back after a break from the game prior to the Steam launch. Might even be more, but I kind of feel the vibes in the air and it feels like 10-15% would be very realistic number.
    • You are like soldiers who kill people to get a medal on their chests, or as a housewife who goes on an uninteresting event to make a selfie there.
      I know people who buy games for Steam and play them only to get achievements in the Steam. But they hate these games and these games are disgusting to them.

I think, this is due to the fact that they are afraid to die, leaving nothing behind. And because they are dependent on social networks and the public's view.
      Perhaps they fell from reality. Or they do not feel their presence.
      Therefore, they subconsciously try to mark themselves everywhere, put a tick "I was here", "I did it", "Look at me", "I'm here", "I am still alive. Probably."
      Maybe they think that if they get marked somewhere, they will become a little more real. Because the Internet for them is reality, and the world is a place where they do not exist.
      But in fact no one wants you. No one will look at your achievements or your selfies. You can become a vegan or glutenophobe, but you are only trying to attract attention.
      There is no difference: you have absolutely all the achievements in Steam, or you just registered there.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Clu ()

• :( so my steam wallet is useless in Albion online ?

I got the solution for developer, please consider this:

· Make the game free, anyone can download. But they will have 'free' status.. which will be severely limited
      But you must prepare for network structure. I believe, more people aware this game, and tried, you will have more faithful player
      · Make all payment through steam wallet is higher, as high with surcharge services from Steam.
      Here's why. All people who pay conveniently with steam, must pay higher than if you bother pay to this website
      All around the world who have different currency will not be bothered with paying with US dollar only. And they will be easier to pay, because steam wallet can be top-up with so many ways.. , even in my country, i can top up it with buy voucher in tobacco minimart. Those will help so many player in the around the world that couldn't pay with creditcard or paypal.
      · I saw experience from Blizzard Entertainment: Hearthstone. When they launch Hearthstone in Apple environment, all add-on must be pay through apple, and subsequently make the price higher. But Blizzard still got revenue higher in Mobile device.

Please consider it
    • Sliverius schrieb:

:( so my steam wallet is useless in Albion online ?

I got the solution for developer, please consider this:

· Make the game free, anyone can download. But they will have 'free' status.. which will be severely limited
      But you must prepare for network structure. I believe, more people aware this game, and tried, you will have more faithful player
      · Make all payment through steam wallet is higher, as high with surcharge services from Steam.
      Here's why. All people who pay conveniently with steam, must pay higher than if you bother pay to this website
      All around the world who have different currency will not be bothered with paying with US dollar only. And they will be easier to pay, because steam wallet can be top-up with so many ways.. , even in my country, i can top up it with buy voucher in tobacco minimart. Those will help so many player in the around the world that couldn't pay with creditcard or paypal.
      · I saw experience from Blizzard Entertainment: Hearthstone. When they launch Hearthstone in Apple environment, all add-on must be pay through apple, and subsequently make the price higher. But Blizzard still got revenue higher in Mobile device.

Please consider it
      No, please don’t consider it!
    • I stop playing this game for a long time now and want to play again with the steam release. But, we can't get a key? A lot of games allow us to link our account or give us a steam key for free I just don't understand the issue here.

Sorry, but I never get back to this game, until I can get a steam key for free! I don't like to have my games at 'nowhere' on the internet. When I reinstall my computer, I download Steam and that's it, all my games are there. I have my friend list, archivement, timeplayed, Shift+Tab internet navigator, music player, community, community guide, easy access screenshot and more and more.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Kidnoff ()

• Kidnoff schrieb:

I stop playing this game for a long time now and want to play again with the steam release. But, we can't get a key? A lot of games allow us to link our account or give us a steam key for free I just don't understand the issue here.

Sorry, but I never get back to this game, until I can get a steam key for free! I don't like to have my games at 'nowhere' on the internet. When I reinstall my computer, I download Steam and that's it, all my games are there. I have my friend list, archivement, timeplayed, Shift+Tab internet navigator, music player and more and more.
      i guess you wont ever come back then, you got what you paid for anything else is extra and you arent entitled to it not for free, sorry
      New to the game? Use my Referral Link
    • @Kidnoff wrote
      I don't like to have my games at 'nowhere' on the internet.

Millenial children just dont know the times when people walked one to another with 3.5" floppy disks to download great games like Elite, Doom, Civilisation 1. and we didn't even had a handy shortcuts for them, all in file system, launched from command prompt.
      And this games were great.
      Far without this steam comfort zone that you can't leave yourself.
    • Clu schrieb:

You are like soldiers who kill people to get a medal on their chests, or as a housewife who goes on an uninteresting event to make a selfie there.
      I know people who buy games for Steam and play them only to get achievements in the Steam. But they hate these games and these games are disgusting to them.

I think, this is due to the fact that they are afraid to die, leaving nothing behind. And because they are dependent on social networks and the public's view.
      Perhaps they fell from reality. Or they do not feel their presence.
      Therefore, they subconsciously try to mark themselves everywhere, put a tick "I was here", "I did it", "Look at me", "I'm here", "I am still alive. Probably."
      Maybe they think that if they get marked somewhere, they will become a little more real. Because the Internet for them is reality, and the world is a place where they do not exist.
      But in fact no one wants you. No one will look at your achievements or your selfies. You can become a vegan or glutenophobe, but you are only trying to attract attention.
      There is no difference: you have absolutely all the achievements in Steam, or you just registered there.
      You couldn't be further from the truth about me personally. I would be surprised if anyone of all you people use Social media and Forums etc (to get those points) plus bragging in games less then I do. Your profiling basically sucks.

No, a better comparison would be.

You go to an event of any kind to see something live, You paid for it and supported the event up until it became a reality. But once the event is going to take place only new ticket buyers get to sit in front of the event to see it live, While the ones supporting and making the event possible has to look at it from a screen in the room next door.

Because Steam players are being treated as VIP players, while people who have followed this game (me inlcuded) Have at least heard about it going to Steam and everyone was certainly under the impression you'd be able to link your account to there. But it's even worse, (something I didn't know myself) That the devs had PROMISED to give out free steam keys to every old player once they launch on Steam, now that's quite a lot more serious.

What did they do instead? well they shit on the face of those who wanted the game on Steam but also wanted to support the game (many many people are in this situation I can assure you that) And not only did they not keep their promise to hand out free steam keys (something I personally never expected) They won't even let us pay for the game a 2nd time and link the account. So it's basically a double punch and kick on the balls for all those people.

I have been trading, living amongst and spending too much time amongst gamers/collectors REAL games, those who play 1 game on easy, normal, hard, extre, ULTIMATE special level after completing all prior to that + completing all achievements. This has nothing to do with Social ladder climbing, it has to do with collecting and wanting to get EVERYTHING out of the game you can possibly get. And for those people it's much more convenient for their own selfbeing to have all games, achievements etc on the same place. Many don't even share their profiles they simply just want that shit on the same place.

My point is, with my 30000 market trades, 3000+ personal GAME trades, many many many thousands of hours of time spent in the Steam Infrastructure and games outside of it that have later been connected to Steam with a collection of about 7500 games unfortunately 100 or so outside of Steam. I do believe I have a sense of knowledge about these things.

I wouldn't care less for social media, I have a facebook account with less then 50 friends. It's set on 100% privacy, all you can see is my profile picture , barely see anything even as friend. I have posted 30 pictures on Instagram since it got live, don't have snapchat, only recently created Twitter to spread political propaganda, I spend most of my time on Freedom of speech platforms, and I have posted 2 videos on Youtube one of which was 12 years ago before most of you probably even knew what it was.

This is something else, I've explained many times why many wants to be able to link their accounts, The achievements/bragging rights/possibilities, cards etc are just part of it all, but certainly not anything true gamers really care about. They just want it on the same fucking place.

a game that never ever mentioned to go live on Steam, and never said anything about giving out free keys when they do, that wouldn't have cause this outrage because you wouldn't have that expectation obviously.
      SBI are pissing in the face of the ones who supported the game, and again as it seems They do so even though they promised you'd get free keys and such. And a lot of people (I'm one of those who always look for Future Steam launch/get key there and not having to run the game outside of Steam) When I back games, And I've backed games for thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars.

so please, sitting and whining and arguing with people who feel betrayed by a company like some "White knights" at SBI's service is far more ridiculous then the anything.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Ungwe_Lianti ()

• Sofaires schrieb:

Kidnoff schrieb:

I stop playing this game for a long time now and want to play again with the steam release. But, we can't get a key? A lot of games allow us to link our account or give us a steam key for free I just don't understand the issue here.

Sorry, but I never get back to this game, until I can get a steam key for free! I don't like to have my games at 'nowhere' on the internet. When I reinstall my computer, I download Steam and that's it, all my games are there. I have my friend list, archivement, timeplayed, Shift+Tab internet navigator, music player and more and more.
      i guess you wont ever come back then, you got what you paid for anything else is extra and you arent entitled to it not for free, sorry
      I believe SBI had promised Free steam keys a long time ago, Seem to be early in the BETA runs, was it 2-3 years back? So I believe the ones coming back from breaks or whatever, they have an honest reason to get pissed.
      I'm quite confident a whole lot of players have bought it SOLELY for the reason that SBI have promised to give out keys for free, but even more have purchased it because they was tricked to believe you'd not have to purchase the game and start all over once they did launch on Steam.

Takes a complete idiot to argue with people who are pissed off about something like this to be honest, you must be very angry. Because you all (who fight against us about this) Are arguing for a company that have lied, tricked/decieved, and basically in some ways advertised the game falsely too their supporters/backers. Just because YOU don't care, doesn't mean others don't, and to argue against they who feel they have been lied too, they who have invested time, money and sweat "knowing" they would soon be able to move to Steam. Well that kind of is quite sad

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Ungwe_Lianti ()

• Ungwe_Lianti schrieb:

I believe SBI had promised Free steam keys a long time ago, Seem to be early in the BETA runs, was it 2-3 years back? So I believe the ones coming back from breaks or whatever, they have an honest reason to get pissed.
      I'm quite confident a whole lot of players have bought it SOLELY for the reason that SBI have promised to give out keys for free, but even more have purchased it because they was tricked to believe you'd not have to purchase the game and start all over once they did launch on Steam.

Takes a complete idiot to argue with people who are pissed off about something like this to be honest, you must be very angry. Because you all (who fight against us about this) Are arguing for a company that have lied, tricked/decieved, and basically in some ways advertised the game falsely too their supporters/backers. Just because YOU don't care, doesn't mean others don't, and to argue against they who feel they have been lied too, they who have invested time, money and sweat "knowing" they would soon be able to move to Steam. Well that kind of is quite sad
      If you think that players over the years have bought Albion solely on the reasoning that they would one day get a steam key then youre even more deluded than I thought. The vast majority bought and play Albion for the gameplay, nothing more nothing less.

As far as been angry do you not see the irony in this? The whiny kids are angry as they think they are entitled to something that they are clearly not. The rest of us are just sick to death of having to read your drivel.

The game is looking great right now. Good updates, more players than we've had in a long time. To be honest the community is better of without the likes of you. Youre a small vocal minority flogging a dead horse. The rest of us are playing and enjoying the game. If not giving out steam keys drives away a few self entitled pricks then for me thats yet another good reason not to give them out.
    • Midgard schrieb:

Ungwe_Lianti schrieb:

If you think that players over the years have bought Albion solely on the reasoning that they would one day get a steam key then youre even more deluded than I thought. The vast majority bought and play Albion for the gameplay, nothing more nothing less.
      As far as been angry do you not see the irony in this? The whiny kids are angry as they think they are entitled to something that they are clearly not. The rest of us are just sick to death of having to read your drivel.

The game is looking great right now. Good updates, more players than we've had in a long time. To be honest the community is better of without the likes of you. Youre a small vocal minority flogging a dead horse. The rest of us are playing and enjoying the game. If not giving out steam keys drives away a few self entitled pricks then for me thats yet another good reason not to give them out.
      I think you intentionally misinterpreted me here. Of course they bought the game for the game-play, but many would've waited for the Steam release if they knew then what they know now.

And you are the one who seem to be the bully here, bad for the community, I have yet to say anything bad or calling anyone names you stand for that yourself Mr. I've played mmorpg's for 18 years, I've seen the kinds of you and I've seen them ruin the fun in the game so people leave (bullying and flaming, calling names etc up to a point it just gets annoying) I'm not one of them as I don't really bother much what someone think of me. But I've had my share of communitybased Gaming to know who's really the ones causing trouble in games Or with the developers to be treated fairly.

But you're flaming me for not being happy for the devs lies and deceit nothing about the actual game-play, nor have you seen anything how I would and do treat other players in a game so your accusations are quite pale. Rather showing more about you then me as you're the only one who've attacked a consumer in this manner, the only one saying me /others are whiny children, idiots, scum or whatever has been said (not only by you)

I'm quite calm and ok with my own point of view, and more information about these promises have come to surface then I was earlier aware of. Which have turned this whole thing into a lie from SBI, lies that would VERY WELL have caused a whole lot of players to wait for the Steam release before purchasing the game. I know you know that as well, if not, then you must be quite stupid which I don't think you seem to be. In fact you seem quite good at saying what you want to say, the attitude I don't really agree with though personal accusations and such, could almost mistake you for a leftist:

P.S. I'm one of those who purchased the game as a founder believing I would later be able to play it on Steam, (i did not know about free steam keys as I did not follow the news much) But If I knew what I know now, I would never have purchased my founder-pack back then, I would've done that now. And if it's too hard for you to understand that many feel betrayed, lied too and deceived by this , and that it has nothing to do with any special treatment (it would at tops be SAME treatment as new privileged Steam buyers as they are the only ones having "free accounts") If you can't see that problem, then I don't really know what to say to you.

Anyways, have fun!
    • Ungwe_Lianti schrieb:

So you are reaching a bit here at best, but I will humor you for even a bit, since I was here throughout. History:
      • Albion was originally, all the way back to early 2013, planned to be free to play upon release with the ability to purchase gold to be used directly in place of silver.
      • Still within that business model, Sandbox Interactive gave away over 6000 access keys to many small 2 - 3 day tests, and to testers in the longer and larger Winter '13 and Spring '14 Alpha tests. During these tests this was the only way to access testing.
      • In August 2014, to continue funding development, Sandbox Interactive changed the model of testing access to Founders Packages. Existing testers cried foul and in the spirit of goodwill, Sandbox Interactive offered Spring '14 Alpha testers with at least 4 hours of testing the option between (1) a single-test free key or (2) a discount on their Founder's Pack purchase price. This is the last time that Sandbox makes an offer of this nature.
      • During Summer 2015, Sandbox Interactive announced initial intent to investigate steam integration, but said it wouldn't happen anytime soon. The small nugget of truth in Ungwe_Lianti's statement is maybe here, that a theoretical steam access under the business plan as of mid-2015 may have been under Free to Play after release. This theoretical was never "promised" and at best would be assumed.
      • The reason that the small nugget of truth in Ungwe_Lianti's statement is invalidated/incorrect is this: In December 2015, Sandbox Interactive announced a change in business plan, that Albion Online would not be Free to Play and that at release, Sandbox Interactive would sell Starter Packs.
    • I am really pissed with the developers, the ones who backed them from the start did swallow a lot of things: bugs at launch, offline time, servers down, lag, etc. And we keep backing the game, because we wanted to belive in it. And now this guys come and say that because greedy purposes they are not willing to give some steam keys to us, the ones that already bought the games and put tons of hours on the game??? just because.. they want to keep feeding over the base players money?? hilarious.. really this is unnaceptable for them. I hope they break down and eventually have to give the damn game for free, game industry doesnt need more greedy developers.
    • Zayuke schrieb:

I am really pissed with the developers, the ones who backed them from the start did swallow a lot of things: bugs at launch, offline time, servers down, lag, etc. And we keep backing the game, because we wanted to belive in it. And now this guys come and say that because greedy purposes they are not willing to give some steam keys to us, the ones that already bought the games and put tons of hours on the game??? just because.. they want to keep feeding over the base players money?? hilarious.. really this is unnaceptable for them. I hope they break down and eventually have to give the damn game for free, game industry doesnt need more greedy developers.
      Yet another ignorant ill informed rant.

You paid for early access with the full understanding of wipe and bugs and all that goes with buying into early access.

You have the game you paid for and can continue playing as you always have done. You can even add it to steam if you wish.

The devs have no responsibility to give away money to steam just to keep the likes of you happy. That’s not greedy. It’s common sense and good business acumen.