Existing Accounts & Steam

• Neu

tabooshka schrieb:

NethKhadar schrieb:

Welp 30% of 0 is 0 (stopped playing due to server issues), if I got a steam key I might actually try the game again. I will not pay £60 for the same product again so I guess you will get nothing from me.
      so whats keeping you from playing again? steam key excuse is pure bullshit
      if it was on steam id be much more likely to play again. often when im looking for something to play ill scroll through my steam library, if a game is not there the likelihood of me playing it goes down to near enough zero. they had their chance at release and it was god awful, but id give them another chance if they weren't trying to cash in on steam while leaving previous supporters behind.
    • Neu

tabooshka schrieb:

Knivskaft schrieb:

Why do you need to have an IAP. Can’t you just disable it for the steamlauncher and require people to go to the website, or open the original launcher to make purchases?
      As it has already been stated

Steam version of the game can only offer Steam wallet as means for payment, excluding the shop from steam version is against Valve's policy.
      I am pretty sure Elder Scrolls Online you can purchase your crowns through, Steam wallet and ESO website, for the same price on both.

So I don't see why the option won't be available to both sides of the players, Steam and SBI site.

Plus the SBI website could do offers every now and again, "purchase through our site and get 10% - 20% more gold" etc, it's not much but people would likely do it.
      [img]https://i.imgur.com/Is98XTT.jpg[/img]
    • Neu

LasTimelord schrieb:

tabooshka schrieb:

Knivskaft schrieb:

Why do you need to have an IAP. Can’t you just disable it for the steamlauncher and require people to go to the website, or open the original launcher to make purchases?
      As it has already been stated
      Steam version of the game can only offer Steam wallet as means for payment, excluding the shop from steam version is against Valve's policy.
      I am pretty sure Elder Scrolls Online you can purchase your crowns through, Steam wallet and ESO website, for the same price on both.
      So I don't see why the option won't be available to both sides of the players, Steam and SBI site.

Plus the SBI website could do offers every now and again, "purchase through our site and get 10% - 20% more gold" etc, it's not much but people would likely do it.
      If your version of The Elder Scrolls Online was not purchased through Steam, you will not be able to link your Steam account to your existing ESO account without purchasing a new copy of the game on the Steam platform first.

and buying crowns through website while you bought the game on steam uses steam wallet, so im pretty sure you are wrong.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von tabooshka ()

• Neu

tabooshka schrieb:

LasTimelord schrieb:

tabooshka schrieb:

Knivskaft schrieb:

As it has already been statedSteam version of the game can only offer Steam wallet as means for payment, excluding the shop from steam version is against Valve's policy.
      I am pretty sure Elder Scrolls Online you can purchase your crowns through, Steam wallet and ESO website, for the same price on both.So I don't see why the option won't be available to both sides of the players, Steam and SBI site.

If your version of The Elder Scrolls Online was not purchased through Steam, you will not be able to link your Steam account to your existing ESO account without purchasing a new copy of the game on the Steam platform first.
      and buying crowns through website while you bought the game on steam uses steam wallet, so im pretty sure you are wrong.
      I purchased ESO off Steam.

I then purchased ESO on Steam.

I then linked ESO to Steam (can do this once and once only)

I then thought "Need some crowns" so I went to the website, purchased crowns.

So yes I had to purchase ESO twice but I linked my account to Steam, I can still buy crowns in the website as well as the Steam store.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Is98XTT.jpg[/img]
    • Neu

Kostan schrieb:

Fusionbomb schrieb:

Is there some advantage to launching the game through Steam, instead of double clicking the AO icon on my desktop?

I don't understand why this would even be a problem. Can someone please enlighten me?
      As an example, say I have $5k in my steam wallet from selling CS/PUBG skins. I could spend that on gold if I could link my account
      Oh wow, I have long contemplated what someone could do to turn a massive steam wallet into cash and came up empty, Creating a shitty asset flip to purchase loot boxes/random loot packs from is surely one way to dump everything. Of course it'd be pretty shady but i bet all these gambling sites are wondering what to do right now.
    • Neu

InF3RNo schrieb:

I bought EVE Online on steam, then I went to the site, I loged with steam, I gave my account an account name, I can run the game on steam, I can pay on their site, in fact, I've been doing that for some time now.
      Eve did not need to buy for join into client. Those anyone can join into the game. And steam does not know which of them used to "buy" the game before it appeared in steam.

If you place Albion in the steam, then steam will require you to pay money for everyone who bought the game before. If the game was on the subscription system, and not for the purchase, then transfer it to the steam would be very easy.