Get rid of Toxicity builds

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• The imbalance:

Troll builds running around everywhere.. There are counters to this.

So now you are running around in counters killing the troll builds.. so they don't fight and run away.

Excluding running into gank groups.. Because a group of dickbags decide to run troll builds.. everyone else starts doing it to.. now you need to counter it... Great we have 2-3 setups in the game out in open world...

Trolls and Troll Counters.. So exciting!
      Order of the Dragons

Recruiting mature players who enjoy Gather/Gank and Structured PVP!

Amazing content all the time or when you want it! Have fun and play the game... Discord required ^^
    • Kostan schrieb:

Rainphase schrieb:

@Zorn You guys really need to do something about this because i'm on the edge for quitting and i have seen around countless people quit for the same reasons.

Rainphase schrieb:

Kostan schrieb:

Rainphase schrieb:

Kostan schrieb:

Journal exploiter confirmed. I offered my silver cleaning services to Conflict as I knew they primarily were the offenders, glad to see it's working out well.
      Retard Confirmed!
      Holy moly
      Double Confirmation!
      Is the guy who tagged the name of a guild, instead of the name of a dev, calling me a retard? K and Z aren't even remotely close on the keyboard (QWERTY/DVORAK) troglodyte.
      TRIPLE CONFIRMATION!!!
      Order of the Dragons

Amazing content all the time or when you want it! Have fun and play the game... Discord required ^^
    • Rosalia schrieb:

Rainphase schrieb:

I could donate 100m or even 200m to a guild or a player and not give a crap..
      feel free to hit me up. JK YOU WONT, NO BALLS
      Apparently you give a crap... so you cant donate 100m or even 200m to a player without giving a crap. If that statement would have been true that you wouldnt care about donating silver to other people, then i would be 100m richer now!
      Nothing to missunderstand or missjudge in your statement of saying silver has no value for me, and me asking for it.
      Proud owner of the T8 Offhand book Rosalia's Diary. Feel free to pm me once you have your own item named in Albion.
    • Gank schrieb:

Rainphase schrieb:

Gank schrieb:

Toxic builds= Fire staff merc jacket

Why didn't you , you know...run away?
      Almost any wear with merc / hunter. I prefer to fight so tired of running into troll builds and moving on cause its pointless which brought me to the thread.. Everyone's running them now... They are in 2v2 hellgates and open world.. its just dumb.Every 2v2 vs 2 Holy healers with smite or 2 Great nature staffs.. Ya kinda dumb..
      Open world Great nature troll builds everywhere..
      Open world Hunter hood / merc jacket everywhere.

No point in even playing if people are only going to run that shit all day.
      2v2 healer issues I can relate to. I still think 3v3 would make them less aids, but they do need some sort of healing sickness/self healing debuff for those gates.
      The problem isn't so much the equipment its the players.. everyone wants to be toxic and wants a guaranteed win. You learn and get better from losing..

Vs Troll builds you just learn to either bring our 4.1 trash gear or look for more interesting games to play.

And yes the hellgate thing is just dumb, and it again reiterates people just want to be as gay as possible instead of playing to have fun and a good fight.
      Order of the Dragons

• Rosalia schrieb:

Rosalia schrieb:

Rainphase schrieb:

I could donate 100m or even 200m to a guild or a player and not give a crap..
      feel free to hit me up. JK YOU WONT, NO BALLS
      Apparently you give a crap... so you cant donate 100m or even 200m to a player without giving a crap. If that statement would have been true that you wouldnt care about donating silver to other people, then i would be 100m richer now!Nothing to missunderstand or missjudge in your statement of saying silver has no value for me, and me asking for it.
      Sorry silver is gone, someone asked me nicely while you and your Triple Confirmed retard were well being retards. I do have this somewhat salty with a littler bit of sweet 3 week old stale cookie.. Would you like that?
      Order of the Dragons

• Rosalia schrieb:

unlucky i guess, no free silver for me. Maybe next time he makes a thread.
      If you dont try, you cant win.
      it had more to do with your approach to be honest, I prolly still have around 500m worth of stuff but thats all going to who i play with regularly. 6 months and i was able to make around 750m total value in everything i have. If you are poor... you are not doing anything right
      Order of the Dragons

• Rainphase schrieb:

Rosalia schrieb:

it had more to do with your approach to be honest, I prolly still have around 500m worth of stuff but thats all going to who i play with regularly. 6 months and i was able to make around 750m total value in everything i have. If you are poor... you are not doing anything right
      If you donate 100m silver to me, you can use the item called "Rosalia's Diary"
      Proud owner of the T8 Offhand book Rosalia's Diary. Feel free to pm me once you have your own item named in Albion.
    • Please, kind sir, may I have some of your stuff if you are no longer in need of it?

Rainphase schrieb:

Rosalia schrieb:

[url='https://tinyurl.com/y7d4nfx5']AO Quick Reference Guide[/url]

Referral Key: https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

Trial Keys: PM at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 on https://discord.gg/dcH32z
    • deadlyduz schrieb:

Merc jacket imho has no place in this game. Its chees/toxic shit gear plain and simple always has been and always will be.
      There's nothing inherently wrong with the jacket. The problem is what counts as a hit. It becomes aids when things like DOTs trigger it. It's aggravating when claws use it, sure... but claws do crap damage anyway even with the heal they often lose. Perhaps if they changed it to only trigger off direct attacks or changed it so it could only heal once a second but for more it would be better?

And as I said before, if more classes had access to heal debuffs it may balance itself out there too.
    • Claws do shit for damage mate? You kidding right?

Let me just drop this guy a mention incase you haven't seen a real claws user

albiononline.com/en/killboard/player/xYrOxYcPThSUBbixBw8Dxg

You can go watch some of his builds. t4 calws without any masterys sure do crap damage. t4 claws with decent mastery's or even higher level claws do some damage.

Also I agree that it shouldn't proc via DOTS that is a large portion of why its toxic, claws just amplify it
    • Honestly, I don't have that much trouble with it. Sure sometimes it'll cheese my ass over, sometimes it's laughable.

Retaliate lasts 5 seconds?
      Bloodlust lasts 8 seconds?

Ambush lasts 8 seconds rendering retaliate (and blooslust if no dot is active) useless.
      Ice Block lasts 8 seconds denying all healing from merc jacket seen as they need to do damage to get healed.
      Cleric Robe, Soldier Helm, and Assassin/royal boots can all block some instances of damage, and in the cleric robe's case; give you an opportunity to land BIG damage.
      All of the above will let you escape the claw roots and only suffer a few ticks of damage.
      Fire staffs have longer cast times, especially in leather and can easily be spaced out when these abilities are active.

Any boots can be used to space out the ability in combination with a few of the abilities above (e.g. Run > Soldier Helm to space out and waste the duration of those skills)

What it comes down to is different builds for different play.

Sure if you're fame farming a zvz weapon, or trying to meet up with your group for ff, you aren't gonna have a strong 1v1 build most of the time. But if someone is going out in a merc jacket with hunter hood, most of the time they're going out to kill, looking specifically for 1v1 combat or similar. It's built for purpose. Not every weapon/armor/consumable combination is viable across all levels of play, that would be silly and would lead to a lack of diversity and pretty stale gameplay.

It's a sandbox mmo, you see a player in that gear and don't have a set on to deal with it? Run. Your gameplay is now a situation where you are being hunted, which is still gameplay, and can be enjoyable if you just accept it as such. Don't want to run? Bring a more versatile, viable solo build out.

All it comes down to at the end of the day is playing the game how you want to. If you don't solo much and get your ass handed to you by a solo player, so be it. That solo player might not be able to touch you in a GvG, or lead a ZvZ group as strong, so what does it matter? Different fields of play.

The only problem is that it is cheese. The Skill floor for that set is very low. Anyone with half a brain can run it and cheese out some kills, the skill ceiling is pretty high though. Not just to 1v1 some dude in a build he can easily rip through, but to dive a group, kill one and escape alive (Oak has already been mentioned above).

Sh*t today we took a 4v7 fight, one of ours was new and got killed instantly, leaving us a 3/7 split. They had bloodlust/retaliate; daggers, fire staff aaand claws builds, they died with the rest of them. Why? Because they activated their long-ass cooldown defensive abilities and we simple spaced out, leaving them with nothing but boots and a weapon to use, that we could pressure like hell.

If you want to avoid death as a solo player you need a very versatile build, and even then you're gonna be in situations where your set the wrong way at the wrong time.

This isn't meant to sh*t on OP or anything, I just feel like it's the wrong attitude to blame gear in the game instead of thinking of a way to round your build to better fight it next time.
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^
    • Khladraven schrieb:

Honestly, I don't have that much trouble with it. Sure sometimes it'll cheese my ass over, sometimes it's laughable.

Retaliate lasts 5 seconds?
      Bloodlust lasts 8 seconds?

Ambush lasts 8 seconds rendering retaliate (and blooslust if no dot is active) useless.
      Ice Block lasts 8 seconds denying all healing from merc jacket seen as they need to do damage to get healed.
      Cleric Robe, Soldier Helm, and Assassin/royal boots can all block some instances of damage, and in the cleric robe's case; give you an opportunity to land BIG damage.
      All of the above will let you escape the claw roots and only suffer a few ticks of damage.
      Fire staffs have longer cast times, especially in leather and can easily be spaced out when these abilities are active.

Any boots can be used to space out the ability in combination with a few of the abilities above (e.g. Run > Soldier Helm to space out and waste the duration of those skills)

What it comes down to is different builds for different play.

Sure if you're fame farming a zvz weapon, or trying to meet up with your group for ff, you aren't gonna have a strong 1v1 build most of the time. But if someone is going out in a merc jacket with hunter hood, most of the time they're going out to kill, looking specifically for 1v1 combat or similar. It's built for purpose. Not every weapon/armor/consumable combination is viable across all levels of play, that would be silly and would lead to a lack of diversity and pretty stale gameplay.

It's a sandbox mmo, you see a player in that gear and don't have a set on to deal with it? Run. Your gameplay is now a situation where you are being hunted, which is still gameplay, and can be enjoyable if you just accept it as such. Don't want to run? Bring a more versatile, viable solo build out.

All it comes down to at the end of the day is playing the game how you want to. If you don't solo much and get your ass handed to you by a solo player, so be it. That solo player might not be able to touch you in a GvG, or lead a ZvZ group as strong, so what does it matter? Different fields of play.

The only problem is that it is cheese. The Skill floor for that set is very low. Anyone with half a brain can run it and cheese out some kills, the skill ceiling is pretty high though. Not just to 1v1 some dude in a build he can easily rip through, but to dive a group, kill one and escape alive (Oak has already been mentioned above).

Sh*t today we took a 4v7 fight, one of ours was new and got killed instantly, leaving us a 3/7 split. They had bloodlust/retaliate; daggers, fire staff aaand claws builds, they died with the rest of them. Why? Because they activated their long-ass cooldown defensive abilities and we simple spaced out, leaving them with nothing but boots and a weapon to use, that we could pressure like hell.

If you want to avoid death as a solo player you need a very versatile build, and even then you're gonna be in situations where your set the wrong way at the wrong time.

This isn't meant to sh*t on OP or anything, I just feel like it's the wrong attitude to blame gear in the game instead of thinking of a way to round your build to better fight it next time.
      **Khladraven drops mic and walks off stage left**
      [url='https://tinyurl.com/y7d4nfx5']AO Quick Reference Guide[/url]

Referral Key: https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

Trial Keys: PM at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 on https://discord.gg/dcH32z