In your opinion about the future Steam rating?

• SunFoxx wrote:

Personally I am going to buy Albion via Steam just to leave a negative review and ask for refund. My friends are going to do the same trick. I really hope greedy SBI will get less than 40-35%, maybe that will teach them a lesson.
    That seems counter-intuitive if you really want the game to improve... More players means more funding, which in turn means a greater ability to invest in improving the game in the areas it needs.

Dumping pointless negative reviews on steam instead if constructive criticism here on the forums is not the way to contribute to improving a game we all loved, and want to see returned to glory.
    Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^

The post was edited 1 time, last by Khladraven ().

• letwolf wrote:

what?
    you want to pay your MONEY to SBI for leaving a negative comment?
    Money outweighs any comment of any degree of negativity!
    Read his comment again, more carefully.

SunFoxx wrote:

Personally I am going to buy Albion via Steam just to leave a negative review and ask for refund. My friends are going to do the same trick. I really hope greedy SBI will get less than 40-35%, maybe that will teach them a lesson.
  • Seyif wrote:

I don't really get all the negative comments about the game. I feel like the founder pack I bought was worth the amount of fun I got from Albion. No matter the direction SBI decides to take, the game can provide hours of fun.

Regarding the Steam rating/reviews, probably bad because it seems like a big part of the existing player-base is salty about the game and wants to do everything to shred the game (but why???).
    Personally I understand many of the negative comments. S.I. fumbled and contradicted itself in many ways - instanced content, advertising performance improvements that were not enough, Caerleon gates, paid-by-players referrals, horrible community management, bugs etc.

I still (1) had the fun I paid for and do not regret buying it or spending hundreds of hours in it (2) still consider it a good game despite all the mess ups,

Competition is hard. While it is still a good game, it had been and could be an even better one, and there are simply better and healthier alternatives at the moment for most players (personally for me, EVE online).

The post was edited 2 times, last by tzervo ().

• Khladraven wrote:

SunFoxx wrote:

That seems counter-intuitive if you really want the game to improve... More players means more funding, which in turn means a greater ability to invest in improving the game in the areas it needs.
    Dumping pointless negative reviews on steam instead if constructive criticism here on the forums is not the way to contribute to improving a game we all loved, and want to see returned to glory.

You know that Steam is possibly being used by SBI for moneygrab some players who do not know the fame of Albion. With the current game fully focused on P2W/exaustive grind the same shameful problem in first release will happen again. Players will buy the game, they will realize that it is pure grind if you do not spend a lot of money and will quit .Better warn steam players them and prevent SBI from taking money they do not deserve.

The post was edited 3 times, last by hamonteixeira ().

• It's sad that i rather play the beta of albion again rather than this crap show of release, people were forced into red zones, i didn't lose reputation for pvp which made tier 5 and tier 6 resources valuable.Now when i play at 10 pm EST time i'd be lucky to see 1 person in 30 mins of searching a black or red zone, game is empty because you guys love to add instance stuff, open world my ass, 5 v 5 arenas, and instanced pve fame, less n less people for me to pvp.You think steam will give you a bunch of players!? At the start maybe but if your game is dead of players already what makes you think they will stick around for long?
  • My perspective on the subject:

Being a Steam user since 2005, with close to 90 games and hundreds of hours of gameplay accumulated, I classify the Stem community as being a community that mostly focuses a lot of what is written about the games, the reviews, the analysis, and makes their opinion based on the opinions of others. (I've done this a few times.) Of course there are many who test games with will, gamers who do their analysis and write about what they played, but that does not invalidate that things will be written about the game! (and in this case its not a question of "any publicity is good publicity!")

In my opinion, ALBION ONLINE is not ready for "new players". Was not friend for the new players in the launch, is not now, and and apparently will not be when it's released on Steam.
    In one or two hours any dedicated player reaches T4 with a weapon and armour. After that reach T5 in a few hours and... 50% of an entire continent ceases to be "relevant" to the players.

Players from Alphas and Betas already know what to expect from the game at this stage, already have friends in the game, know how to "move" in this community and the way they play ALBION ONLINE... it's peculiar. Players who entered the game's launch also have a good playing time and are already within the "structure" of this community. (I'm not counting on anyone who has stopped playing)
    These players know what ALBION can and cant do, they know the game have an enormous capacity to increase/improve even more and become a great benchmark in the market. (the game is unique in its way)

Steam players will not be like this.
    The mere fact that the game can be returned/refund makes all the difference in players' decisions, and this is what can be considered critical and can greatly influence the classification of the game. (In part, we will be responsible for many new players ceasing to play ALBION and asking refund... 8| fresh meat in red zone. :evil: )

The post was edited 2 times, last by LordSilva ().

• SunFoxx wrote:

Get a life. If all you've got to do with your life is this then you're a sad fucker.
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • Midgard wrote:

SunFoxx wrote:

Get a life. If all you've got to do with your life is this then you're a sad fucker.
    I'd say - if all you're gonna do with your life is playing Albion, while praising it - you're not even close to being better xD

I mean, isn't it obvious that people on the forum and in the game do not have to sacrifice their whole life to do something that requires around 10 minutes? Or you're just like a Mayfly and your life span is that short?
  • King_Arthur wrote:

They are going to get slammed but mostly because old players cant link their accounts to steam. This is a bad move on SBI.
    Well, I doubt that it would be the main reason why xD If SBI would somehow fix everything that they've ignored for years now - then even if old players would not be able to link their accounts, steam reviews should be ok.

However, I somehow think that they would just combo all the old bugs with some new ones and bitter old players as icing on a cake, by limiting their accounts xD
  • Cheer up though, we would either get the game in a better state, since SBI would finally do stuff that they've posponed for an eternity now. Or, SBI would get what they deserve for staying idle for so long, and after that they would finally do some fixes and improvements (not those minor ones, like adding 1 profession in 9 months, while not fixing 2 years old bugs. I mean - we need real content and real fixes).
  • RIP Albion! This game won't last for 2 years. Devs are pretty new to genre (I never heard of them) and they have little to none experience in making games (MMORPG's in my opinion are really hard to make). By the way many PVP oriented MMO's died because of formula that AO use: ZERG! It is funny at start when guilds and alliances are grasping for power but it is just a matter of time, players will get bored over zerg or getting zerged. Zerg guilds/alliances pretty much control the game form the first day on and as written before there is that (hardcore) player-base and they really know how to get around (many friends, maps, mechanics etc.). New players will be very frustrated and will leave (most of gamers are not from same steel as UO players were and probably even UO player would get sick by trying to play this game). A lot of new PVP games are coming that are way better designed and with more professional team behind. On Steam the game will be heavily down-voted, there will be lots of players raging (you can't try this game in 2 hours). There are a lots of other things that are damaging AO's reputation. Release on Steam will be AO's downfall.
  • Thomas9 wrote:

I guess current state of game will be rated about 7/10. It would be 8/10 without hector patch, if all platforms would already work and some features would been in game from the launch.
    Hector, the worst patch!

"Major Outlands Improvements
    With the Galahad update, we introduced major changes to the Outlands. In general, we are quite happy with those changes, however there are still some minor things that are not where we want them to be. This is why we are pushing out some further improvements."

They just screw the game by removing the harbours. The game have a problem with the Black City's, not the harbours!
    They simply centralized the whole game in one city in that patch and during this whole time (and after all that has already been written), they are ashamed to admit that they have made a mess!

The post was edited 3 times, last by LordSilva ().

• Komamura wrote:

Low score reviews for certain. Game imho ain't new player friendly. There is only grind with nothing real to do. Not even building in the wilderness. And I agree to be honest.
    What this guy said. Also this game is missing a lot of features for a game that came out in 2017.
    A static camera that you can't rotate the view on is not acceptable.
    Clicking on rocks and trees for months to level up resource gathering is not acceptable - games should be fun and not feel like a 2nd job.
    Need to add wasd keyboard movement, the click and move system in dungeons packed with mobs that agro like crazy is just poor game design.
  • Kinrad wrote:

Komamura wrote:

Low score reviews for certain. Game imho ain't new player friendly. There is only grind with nothing real to do. Not even building in the wilderness. And I agree to be honest.
    What this guy said. Also this game is missing a lot of features for a game that came out in 2017.A static camera that you can't rotate the view on is not acceptable.
    Clicking on rocks and trees for months to level up resource gathering is not acceptable - games should be fun and not feel like a 2nd job.
    Need to add wasd keyboard movement, the click and move system in dungeons packed with mobs that agro like crazy is just poor game design.
    just play another game already
  • tabooshka wrote:

There might be influx of new players

But I seriously doubt they will keep on playing, they need to figure out current game design issues and figure out how they are gonna keep new players in the game.
    I d say thats the expected way. Of course the vast majority of the new steam players will come and go after 1-2 weeks, or even earlier hwoever its surely not the goal to keep the most steam people playing. I think the goal is that 10% of the new steam users stick to the game. What I dont understand is this huge negative attitude towards Albion that so many ppl share. It seems like many old Vets do read and post here but dont play. If i played a game for ...lets say 300hours or even more why would I claim a game is so bad and terrible and warn other players against it. Thats what seems to be happening and now its starting on steam. Albion is a 7/10 good, solid, sandbox MMO with no game near its quality right now. Once the other similar games leave their EA/Betas we can compare them to Albion but for now its teh best game of its niche.