In your opinion about the future Steam rating?

• The Albion Community will be a huge factor in negative reviews.

People who have been playing a long time, but have been unable to adapt and advance their own skill. We all know the types. Suddenly a bunch of beady-eyed-bambi types come skipping through the wood getting massacred. Why? Because they're easy targets, and these people who struggle killing normally now have easy targets to beat.

New players will have difficulty progressing, difficulty learning PvP, or will be forced in to guilds with taxes they don't need to be paying, doing stuff they might not want to do. Many simply won't bother to play.

*COULD* Lead to new guilds being formed, smaller guilds growing as they are usually kinder to new players and create more diversity, but many who buy it on steam will want to play with their friends and not just jump into some random guild.

Honestly it's hard to say, but I feel like new players will be bullied by the more toxic and petty parts of the community abusing the fact that the newbies won't know enough of the tips and tricks or flat out exploits that everyone else uses to keep themselves alive or kill others.

Only time will tell.
    Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^
  • Khladraven wrote:

The Albion Community will be a huge factor in negative reviews.

People who have been playing a long time, but have been unable to adapt and advance their own skill. We all know the types. Suddenly a bunch of beady-eyed-bambi types come skipping through the wood getting massacred. Why? Because they're easy targets, and these people who struggle killing normally now have easy targets to beat.

New players will have difficulty progressing, difficulty learning PvP, or will be forced in to guilds with taxes they don't need to be paying, doing stuff they might not want to do. Many simply won't bother to play.

*COULD* Lead to new guilds being formed, smaller guilds growing as they are usually kinder to new players and create more diversity, but many who buy it on steam will want to play with their friends and not just jump into some random guild.

Honestly it's hard to say, but I feel like new players will be bullied by the more toxic and petty parts of the community abusing the fact that the newbies won't know enough of the tips and tricks or flat out exploits that everyone else uses to keep themselves alive or kill others.

Only time will tell.
    so tldr is, people gonna buy the game again just to leave negative review?
  • tabooshka wrote:

Khladraven wrote:

The Albion Community will be a huge factor in negative reviews.

Only time will tell.
    so tldr is, people gonna buy the game again just to leave negative review?
    no, the more experienced players will cause chaos in the new players from steam and they will leave negative review.
  • Skitted wrote:

iced0ut wrote:

Most of us veterans who enjoy the game won't even be able to rate it because they aren't linking old accounts to steam.
    This !
    If they linked older accounts to Steam, for each account you are referring to there are (146000-current live character count) =~ 130000 accounts (give or take) of people that left the game out of boredom or disgust or being downright pissed off or feeling scammed, that would potentially give a negative review. I think not linking is a net positive for S.I. review-wise

EDIT: actually 146k was the top weekly count of active characters, the total accounts of people that bought the game and left is a much higher number but divided by 3 for those accounts that had alts... the ratio is more or less the same though since live accounts have alts too.

postlarval wrote:

It won’t be any different than the rest of the games on Steam. The Steam community is a cesspool of annoying twats who would best serve society by getting themselves euthanized. You can’t expect much from those bottom-feeders.
    And you are the perfect example for the opposite I assume, especially with little gem posts such as the one above :)

The post was edited 4 times, last by tzervo ().

• Take half the initial 'Youtube let's plays' as an example. So many cast Albion in a negative light because of poor server performance, and a lack of instant gratification that so many crave for these days. Albion takes some time and effort, but is highly rewarding for the investment.

Servers are terrible right now, since the Lancelot update, last week especially.

Tutorials are useless, silly things like having to wear T2 chest armor to unlock T3 boots before swapping back to only using T3 boots to get T4 boots if you don't want to use the chest armor. Or that Bow unlocks nature staff, and fire staff unlocks holy staff still catch new players out.

The fact that end game content is tied to Caerleon because for whatever reason they decided to move the BZ transit there instead of the docks that allowed travel and living in cities an option for late game, now it's just a waste of time. If you don't make your guild/personal islands in Caerleon you subject yourself to needless transporting through royal zones.

I love the game, I really do. But I've been here for a verrrry long time. New players hold no loyalty, nor do they know what it was before, or could be again. Plus, as has already been mentioned, stream reviews are rarely kind.
    Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^
  • LordSilva wrote:

In your opinion what do you think will be the analysis form the Steam community for this game?
    It depends on how the game will present itself; are they still calling it a sandbox? Will they still use the phrase "You can become anything you want?" or "Open world", "Living world"?

My guess would be: The ratings will go from mildly positive to mixed with high tendencies to end up in the negative.

For what the game wanted to be, it deserves a neck breaking rating. For what the game currently is without any advertising, it could be viewed as a project of amateur developers, which resulted in some sales. Deserves a pricetag of 19,99€ btw.

To not be overly critical here; a new Albion Online 2.0 with a new world and the removal of LP or alt characters + black zone portals and mount gameplay + heavy rework of crafting, farming and other aspects, would thrust the game into the real deal mmo sandbox universe. Highly recommend doing that (mostly since 2015)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Archiemedis ().

• I don't really get all the negative comments about the game. I feel like the founder pack I bought was worth the amount of fun I got from Albion. No matter the direction SBI decides to take, the game can provide hours of fun.

Regarding the Steam rating/reviews, probably bad because it seems like a big part of the existing player-base is salty about the game and wants to do everything to shred the game (but why???).