[UPDATED] Albion Online is Coming to Steam

• iced0ut wrote:

YaayAlbion wrote:

When you know Steam and it's popularity and albion's current state as a game,

you can easily expect an albion online player base of 400.000, just alone because of albion online being added to Steam.

but you see, when albion online keeps it's current quality as a game, I can see a roof a maximum potential of an 800.000 albion online player base, because of Steam.

the easy 'download, purchase, delete' system of Steam has much to do with that. and also, because many Steam users simply don't know albion online exists, or won't try it out, until albion online gets added to Steam.

I still think that YouTube 'in good conditions' is the market of biggest potential for Albion Online.

When Albion Online mixes a 'go-pro promotion/advertisement organisation' of YouTube, Steam, Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, (+ other popular media websites) while keeping the current vision for albion online, then I really see a potential Albion Online player base of 1.000.000 players in the future.
    I'm not sure where you are pulling these numbers from, but you're delusional.
    somewhere back, I was the first to see an Albion Online player base of 200.000+.

it's simply about 'Steam has millions of users' and what part of that whole Steam Community could potentially be interested in trying out Albion Online. I can see players of games as Star Wars, Lotro and WoW easily trying out Albion Online when it gets their attention, but most players will get attracted by a hot game. When Steam users get the message that Albion Online is hot, that's when the big numbers will come in. But those big numbers are also easily lost, since they are about popular-game-hopping. about, go-with-the-flow. that's why a quality game vision is so important, since in the end only following that quality vision may be enough to keep the 'go-with-the-flow' Steam gamers entertained.
    Let's Make Albion Legendary. just somerandom
  • Savonarolla wrote:

No No No!

It's too early!!! NOOOO!!!

Don't do that, please! Wait a little bit longer!
    Please please I am begging as well please no stream, not yet.

Miketech wrote:

Would be nice to get a detailed reason as to why they think this game is ready for steam.

What do they think will happen when it gets mixed reviews (if not worse) on steam?

Steam is the last place (if not only place) to get a huge amount of players into the game but do the devs think there is enough to keep them or are we going to have what we had the first month of launch?

I just don't want to see this game go up in player base for 2 weeks to only be hit with tons of negative reviews and back down to where we are now (when we could keep more players if we wait it out just a bit longer). The reason for this is because the game isn't ready for steam players and because the game doesn't help new players enough so those same people will leave miss-guided negative reviews.

Since the game already has a store page on steam I guess there is no turning back so we are just gonna have to wait a really long time until we get enough content to get the steam players back... (sounds a bit like another game we know)
    absolutely agree and I can't agree more with you.

I would say Lancelot update is better than any previous updates and it does bring a lot of population back, a lot of my friends who has quit the game for 3 month+ has come back playing. This is good and I am glad. But this DOES NOT mean that Albion online is ready for stream. Not even close.

I can image we are gonna suffer what happened on release as how Miketech has mentioned. This is really bad and they cannot keep most of the newer population who came into the game.

Blue zones and yellow zones (starter zones) are empty because devs STILL haven't done a decent job on balancing the game. This is a PvP game but it is also a sandbox game. We lack too much sandbox factors, and they highly underestimated the importance of royal zones. The game needs to be more friendly to their newer player base, pve is monotoned and PvP is high untouchable for new players who doesn't really know what they are doing. Many players don't even know how to find t7 nodes when they are grinding gathering, and crafting market is insanely hard for newer player base to get into unless they gather the mats themselves. No one enjoy consecutive death without knowing where they have even done wrong, but without a really decent guild (which a lots of players enjoy establishing their own) it's really hard for them to play the PvP game.

You can't just throw Albion on stream with the way it is right now. If you want it on stream and more player population, more maps are needed, more map/content balancing is needed, more content are eventually needed and more new-player friendly option must be implemented. There is still a long way to go, please please developers reconsider about stream release. @PrintsKaspian

The post was edited 1 time, last by Furinkazan ().

• Firegrabber wrote:

You should really focus on ''polishing'' the open world in overall, some zones are not interesting at all and have kind of copy&paste feeling. Which is unfortunate. That is one thing to do before steam. Also i think the lvl cap for nodes in safe zones is too low, you could increase that.
    i have to comment that, what you have pointed out is exactly one of the reason which i really considered albion online 'lacks as a sandbox game'

for sandbox, what is really interesting is the idea of 'exploring'. meanwhile, every map, every single dungeon, every inch of this game is explored down the the ground already.
    i know the map resetting mechanics exists which they replace all the resource nodes / mob camps, roaming mobs and whatever in a difference place each day, yet, what is common is people will have no problem finding them easily just like taking something out from their pocket, its that simple for those who have been there for long. and dungeons etc, their structure never changes, even where the mobs spawns are always the same, includes those mobs who roams around, their cycle is set.

even on the loggin animation movie, albion online highly advertises the idea of exploring. i do think this is what they should really work on this perspective on next patch, and before they ever consider putting this game up in stream.
    because currently, there is absolutely nothing new to explore in albion online's openworld. its much of an alliance vs alliance game, a grindy pvp game, or even as many of us has pointed out, a grindy moba game.
    i strongly hope they would ever bring more sandbox factors and exploring to the game as they suppose to, because thats usually what a player with intention of playing the game sees on their advertisement and usually thats their reason of joining the community.

i do see a sign of that they are interested on adding more mini games for players to explore and more factors/formula for crafting by adding the fish resource and fishing. this is a great step that they decide to take, yet not enough, this only makes the current in game population happy, thats a fresh taste for us, more to explore. but for players who just joins the game, as everything for them is new, this isnt much for them if they cant get higher from where they are.

an large amount of the game's newer population are stuck on safe zones and semi-safe zones. they would of course love to join the pvp game, but the game structure is just too bad for them to do so. the best grinding ground they have access to is red zones, meanwhile that somewhat sounds really scary already for them to go. i have seen so many of them are really really worried, or i would rather say, being extremely careful for just being in the red zones... that i come to an conclusion, that they lack so much pvp experience in Albion. i considered most of them doesnt own much nor they can afford a lot to lose in the black zones... but that is usually not the case. some of them owns more silver value than a lot of casual player who die in blackzones all day. they are only somewhat affarid to go pvp because they lack so much experience, they dont even know how they got killed most of the time when they die.

i would really say developers needs to build a solid foundation for those newer players to pvp. we need them to be active in our play grounds and newer populations (maybe from stream if albion really gonna release on stream) needs them to leave their zone to advance into a higher one, to provide space for our even newer players. we of course need more maps to handle our population, but we also need to make a way for our somewhat ready population to advance, instead of cramping in caerleon. caerleon market is essential, but i am really interested to see players being to make their homes outside of there. and the current game community, guilds, system, structure doesnt provide enough of that.

And in addition to that, royal zone's role and importance are currently being greatly underestimated. Luxury good doesn't bring back royal zone activity at all, but fishing made a difference. People would love to explore redzones. Fishing gave them the chance to do so.

I would say bring actual trading back would help it more. Finding secret underway for a safe fast route for moving resources to another city, or find routes people like to take and hunt them down. I had fun doing any that in the betas. And it can only be done within royal. Because... Who do I trade my goody to in the black zone? The person that's looking to kill me? Royal cities need a chance to come back to life. Just give them a share of black zone assess point would do this job well.

And, unless people are looking for hardcore PvP, or have guild that has strong control within the area, people don't usually fame farm black zone openworld alone. I see more of them in reds. Newer guild leaders love leading their boys to red, most of them think they are not ready for black yet. And, even those in black zones finds themselves too crowded. The fame balancing is okay, if they risk less they get lesser rewards. And it come back to this, royal content lack more red zones.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Furinkazan ().

• I can easily see this ending the game and requiring a huge change in pace. Rushing to steam is one of the most terrible ideas game devs have now. They think "get on steam, make tons of money' forgetting that adverts and reviews will destroy games that aren't flushed out.

This game needs work. The accounts are currently inflated to do things like get extra farms and the like. This make it seem like "a ton of player accounts" when really it's not uncommon for 1 person to have 2 or 3 accounts. 7 day trial keys need removed from that quota as well, as most of them don't seem to be buying the game (hmm wonder why?!)

Balance in the whole "amount of effort" to "what I accomplished" is heavy sided on the "more work, less gain" currently, with higher tier zones adding the eventuality of PvP ganking to change it to "high risk, low reward"

Events and daily struggles are pushing new players away - and like them or not, new players fuel the servers. Unless you wanna dish out 30, 60, or 90 USD a month personally, get someone else to join. (so they can get someone, etc)

Right now, the game and older players are pushing newcomers away. There are just more fun, more rewarding games out there to put time into. And time is something we all only have so much of, the most valuable resource.

just these quick reasons most "new players" will see in the first DAY or TWO of playing or watching streams - will leave bad impressions and have them going elsewhere for entertainment.

Stop following the Cash Grab Abandonware game developer method, and crack down on your game's core problems. Be better.

Add in the fact STEAM ALLOWS REFUNDS, so in the first hour of play if a player learns of this terribly steep and cumbersome grind mechanic that favors "raider mentality" over "hard work pays eventually' and THEY WILL REFUND.
  • LordSilva wrote:

One more thing,
    In addition to the status of Steam accounts vs. Albion Online accounts that you will have to solve.
    I believe there is something in the game that would be considered a higher priority before trying to move to steam (A negative steam rating by the community can be crucial to the game)

Taking this into account at least you should try to solve (and indicating only some):
    • The situation of monotony in PvE even if it is with the reactivation of the old dungeons of Beta 1 or create dungeons with multiple entrances and with connection to several maps far apart from each other, just to create greater diversity in the PvE game.
    • Reduce the current paradigm of "capital city" in the game with increasing importance of the other 5 cities both strategic and economic. (I'm waiting for more information about Merlin in relation to future changes)
    • Increase the number of warcamps in the yellow and red zone, so that there is a greater GvG activity in the royal continent.
    • Increase the number of maps in the red zone, even if they are simply by creating smaller maps without territories among the current ones that exist around Caerleon (going from 8 to 16 around the city).
    • The imbalance between the different weapons in the game, because currently only relic weapons are considered "important" for everything in the game whether ZvZ, GvG or even the small PvP, there is no more diversity.
    • Balancing the impact of alliances in the game. Just look at the map to understand that.... something wrong is not right!
    • Other things I don't remember now.

Said everything!
  • How about giving to those who already purchased the game a key to redeem on Steam?
    One year ago I buyed on Humble Bundle a game in early access and when the game was officially released on Steam the developers sent to those wo already had the game a key to redeem on Steam.
    You have to do the same, send to us the Steam keys or let us connect our existing accounts.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Markintosh ().

• OH JOY, wait WHAT?
    I thought I would want to maybe play this again with it going on steam,
    BUT NOOOOO
    already paid for founder, not paying again just to play on steam,
    so I will continue to not play in protest of greedy and poor business plan...
    there are several FREE games already on steam that have more promise than this one
    give us Steam keys for those who already have accounts and I will play again ...
    "The mind is the illusion which appears so much,
    that you think you are the mind...."
  • Vaclav wrote:

OH JOY, wait WHAT?
    BUT NOOOOO
    there are several FREE games already on steam that have more promise than this one
    give us Steam keys for those who already have accounts and I will play again ...
    Hey, you dont obliged to buy it again, you can still play non steam version of the game!!
  • Vaclav wrote:

OH JOY, wait WHAT?
    BUT NOOOOO
    So let me get this right .... the only reason you do not play Albion (despite having paid for it) is because its not on steam. Im calling bullshit.
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • nicolas2162 wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

pretty much just shows how delusional some people are
    You show again how disrespectful you are towards people.
    Steam is a reliable game purchasing platform. Some people just like using steam to organize their library and get games from that reliable source. People aren't delusional, they just are not in the know. You know?

which they can do without purchasing the game again
  • calm down guys.
    people who dont use steam and dont know the plataform are shit talking about people who wanted to play Albion through steam and wont be able.

their ignorance is what is delusional so you shouldnt take it personal. Its a matter of knowledge, thats all.

ignorant people cant have arguments, they rather troll or swear around.

tabooska is a really good example of this. If you look at his posts you will see that he have some difficulties in writing more than one sentence in the same post.
    Artificial intelligence will never beat natural stupidiy.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Silks ().

• nicolas2162 wrote:

They are not delusional but this "i have to pay again" is really a pain in the ass.
    Nobody has to pay again ... you can launch Albion through steam without re-purchasing. You just cant get your precious achievements that you kids love so much. Youve played this long without achievements .. cant see how its a deal breaker.
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • Pretty sure everyone(or most of people playing games) is using steam in 2018. I have been using it since 2010 for doto, but like I said before, you can use it currently for albion in the same form.

Well Silks, actually at least I can produce one sentence where im using a capital letter at the start of it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by tabooshka ().

• tabooshka wrote:

Pretty sure everyone(or most of people playing games) is using steam in 2018. I have been using it since 2010 for doto, but like I said before, you can use it currently for albion in the same form.

Well Silks, actually at least I can produce one sentence where im using a capital letter at the start of it.
    having steam installed in your PC doesnt mean you actually know how to use it properly as well as not using capital letters to begin phrases doesnt mean the sentence is false.

if you are worried about capital letters more than what benefits steam users would have over old client users, then you are really just a delusional troll.

please talk to my hand now.
    Artificial intelligence will never beat natural stupidiy.