Arcane still Severely Underpowered

• Dip wrote:

I feel like the Q shield change was a nerf in most cases. The only place it is better is vs high burst damage weapons (only when you react in time), Q shields now tend to not be used to full capacity as much as the old Q (the full amount of the shield is barely damaged through and drops off due to low duration whereas the old one was more efficient in damage negation in most scenarios)
      It was a horrible nerf and change considering the latency of most players.

Latency + small window on 'Q' makes it useless for laggy players who would have otherwise been very useful.
    • In my opinion (as an old arcane main) Arcane "buffs" or reworks made it kinda worse. Old shield was way better, having longer duration and less shield hp was better for players with ping or in general if u missed your timing it wasn't so punishing. Let's say shield is Okay. Dmg spell's range is smaller and cast time bigger and that's totally fine, u cannot expect range and cast speed as Dps's when u're support, u shouldn't do as much dmg + dmg is decent there. As for W, oh boy, mana drain is useless nowadays when everyone can get mana boosts/ shield that will give u almost full mana for a little dmg. I remember when arcane was a must cause 2 healers weren't enough for top tier dungs(in our "casual" party) but rn it seems, that with 2 healers u won't have a problem surviving anywhere (Might be cause some update I've missed) . Back to W, empowering beam nerf to 5s is a joke, casting to get double dps for such a short time is pretty much useless. And so only decent skill for W as of rn is rupture shot?(I've never paid attention to skill names so they're prob wrong) +23% dmg is great so that's fine, as for E's. Black hole(pulling enemies together and exploding doing some dmg) and meteorite(silence, dmg) are good, same for shield beam? They're all good, same for E's of artefacts, E's are designed good, maybe silence durations are kinda low but mostly it's fine. Conclusion, arcane is pretty much okay(except u have only 1 viable skill on W and new shield is trash) maybe even nerf his dmg, ppl need to realise that it's a support, it's not there to do dps. For PvP it's not very good, as for PvE it's useless cause u don't need shield most of the times and interrupt + dmg boost can be done by Crossbow too and you'll do even better dmg, in ZvZ it's pretty okay I'd say. The fact there are many healing abilities/ lifesteal etc on armor makes the shield not needed anymore, sure it's nice to have but mostly useless. Imo arcne mains would like a slight (~-5%) decrease in all healing effects so that arcne would help at least in PvE(maybe like debuff in dungs?). Or a rework. But arcane isn't the only ruined weapon out there so don't cry, if u don't like it, don't play it, simple.
    • Kuroe wrote:

In my opinion (as an old arcane main) Arcane "buffs" or reworks made it kinda worse. Old shield was way better, having longer duration and less shield hp was better for players with ping or in general if u missed your timing it wasn't so punishing. Let's say shield is Okay. Dmg spell's range is smaller and cast time bigger and that's totally fine, u cannot expect range and cast speed as Dps's when u're support, u shouldn't do as much dmg + dmg is decent there. As for W, oh boy, mana drain is useless nowadays when everyone can get mana boosts/ shield that will give u almost full mana for a little dmg. I remember when arcane was a must cause 2 healers weren't enough for top tier dungs(in our "casual" party) but rn it seems, that with 2 healers u won't have a problem surviving anywhere (Might be cause some update I've missed) . Back to W, empowering beam nerf to 5s is a joke, casting to get double dps for such a short time is pretty much useless. And so only decent skill for W as of rn is rupture shot?(I've never paid attention to skill names so they're prob wrong) +23% dmg is great so that's fine, as for E's. Black hole(pulling enemies together and exploding doing some dmg) and meteorite(silence, dmg) are good, same for shield beam? They're all good, same for E's of artefacts, E's are designed good, maybe silence durations are kinda low but mostly it's fine. Conclusion, arcane is pretty much okay(except u have only 1 viable skill on W and new shield is trash) maybe even nerf his dmg, ppl need to realise that it's a support, it's not there to do dps. For PvP it's not very good, as for PvE it's useless cause u don't need shield most of the times and interrupt + dmg boost can be done by Crossbow too and you'll do even better dmg, in ZvZ it's pretty okay I'd say. The fact there are many healing abilities/ lifesteal etc on armor makes the shield not needed anymore, sure it's nice to have but mostly useless. Imo arcne mains would like a slight (~-5%) decrease in all healing effects so that arcne would help at least in PvE(maybe like debuff in dungs?). Or a rework. But arcane isn't the only ruined weapon out there so don't cry, if u don't like it, don't play it, simple.
      Your right, Beaming people in zvz totally worthless........ Oops did i just step on that mine..........
    • Sgtbloodelf wrote:

I’ve looked at shielding, some of the ults and shielding could use a serious rework again, dps buff needs a little longer time but not higher burst, still super op sync with strong builds
      Exactly + add scaling to the weapon cause rn it's not really there. Maybe If ppl would complain I'd be pro a slightly decreased dmg on his Q but that's all prob.