Arcane still Severely Underpowered

• Agnusthemagi wrote:

The dps from arcane is way too low, compared to every other staff, even nature is better solo because it has a dot and heals.
      are you using cloth armor on the chest piece?

What about mage cowl for added DOT from the poison?

Arcane has a mix of tank (shield on Q) and utility (purge on E, well at least on the 1h staff)... so where it lacks in DMG - it makes up for in other areas...
    • I'm new, and not very far into progression (T5) but I'm enjoying arcane. The combination of shields/damage boost vs. a passable amount of damage for solo content / off supporting has been really enjoyable. The shields are significantly stronger than any heals, but they of course contain the drawback of not being able to undo damage (which is why they are numerically stronger than healing). It's really interesting; I've never looked at arcane and thought it to be a pure DPS build.
      It is the safety net of Arcane that catches the mortal breath.
      - Nisala - Arcane Support -
    • I think if they reduced the cd on time freeze we would have a pretty strong shutdown option - freezing people in the middle of their combos, or simply using freeze to buy a few seconds for cooldowns or distance, or to let buffs and debuffs wear off, would make for a great skill based arcane option imo. I just think 40 second cd is too long to be viable, since it would be too hard to use leather due to the damage tradeoff on already weak damage, and not being able to use mistcaller.

The post was edited 1 time, last by fip ().

• Arcane could really use some love now, this thread was started in 2018 and now two years later it's not much better off than how it was.

The game has completely changed with tons of weapons receiving upgrades or overhauls and arcane is kind of just gathering dust in the broom closet. It's been about a year since arcane dps was a viable option for solo/small scale/5v5 meta. It's always had a strong place in zvzs, but for anything else this weapon line is just horrendous.
    • Arcane needs a full rework.Unfortunately roundtable members dictate the flow of the game, and im willing to bet they think arcane is fine.Seeing as how they are usually wrong about everything.

So lets pray it gets much needed love, either reworked into a full support weapon, with a power budget of a support or a moved into a dps utility role/ debuffs and buffs similar to a bard type spells. They need to choose and give it ip scaling.
    • moking wrote:

Arcane needs a full rework.Unfortunately roundtable members dictate the flow of the game, and im willing to bet they think arcane is fine.Seeing as how they are usually wrong about everything.
      hello.
      I'm a roundtable member and I have bad news for you: even Jon Snow knows more than you do!

• Round table isn't made to discuss item balance, it happens that we discuss it there, but almost only for gamebreaking balance issues.
      • RT members are also just regular players who get to talk in a less flooded place.
      • There are however some other places where people give feedback on the balance.
      • I've pushed for changes on the Arcane staff line for about 2 years now (especially for IP scaling), but in general it takes time for changes & it's not just "change this value in the code".
      • Finally: constructive feedback on this forum is also impacting & can lead to changes.

Here are a few of many use cases of the arcanes that are viable
      • Locus in ZvZ (not gonna detail)
      • Occult in ZvZ (super useful)
      • Enigmatic in ZvZ (harder to play but still of great value)
      • Great Arcane & Enigmatic & witchwork for PvE (and raids)
      • Great Arcane / 1h arcane as small scale support makes the difference.

Also you should have noticed recently the change on the Shield Q spell of the arcane (and a bit before: the Purge W buff) but you seem to ignore it here.

So: no, Arcane isn't fine, it has a lot of issues still, but you should blame yourself first for not giving a hint of constructive info in your post.
    • Gugusteh wrote:

moking wrote:

Arcane needs a full rework.Unfortunately roundtable members dictate the flow of the game, and im willing to bet they think arcane is fine.Seeing as how they are usually wrong about everything.
      hello.I'm a roundtable member and I have bad news for you: even Jon Snow knows more than you do!

• Round table isn't made to discuss item balance, it happens that we discuss it there, but almost only for gamebreaking balance issues.
      • RT members are also just regular players who get to talk in a less flooded place.
      • There are however some other places where people give feedback on the balance.
      • I've pushed for changes on the Arcane staff line for about 2 years now (especially for IP scaling), but in general it takes time for changes & it's not just "change this value in the code".
      • Finally: constructive feedback on this forum is also impacting & can lead to changes.

Also you should have noticed recently the change on the Shield Q spell of the arcane (and a bit before: the Purge W buff) but you seem to ignore it here.

So: no, Arcane isn't fine, it has a lot of issues still, but you should blame yourself first for not giving a hint of constructive info in your post.
      ?
    • Gugusteh wrote:

moking wrote:

hello.I'm a roundtable member and I have bad news for you: even Jon Snow knows more than you do!

You just basically proved my point, . No where did I suggest the round table was made for any purpose, other than the devs listening to you when you make stupid suggestions. And locus and occult are only viable as purge and beam slaves. Everything else you suggested is trolling. But the fact you listed it further proves my point. So as per your post Wrong about everything.

edit: and yes I saw the q change, imagine being dumb enough to think that was a good thing.

The post was edited 1 time, last by moking ().

• moking wrote:

You just basically proved my point, . No where did I suggest the round table was made for any purpose, other than the devs listening to you when you make stupid suggestions. And locus and occult are only viable as purge and beam slaves. Everything else you suggested is trolling. But the fact you listed it further proves my point. So as per your post Wrong about everything.

edit: and yes I saw the q change, imagine being dumb enough to think that was a good thing.
      Oh boy, you made my day :thumbsup:
    • I feel like the Q shield change was a nerf in most cases. The only place it is better is vs high burst damage weapons (only when you react in time), Q shields now tend to not be used to full capacity as much as the old Q (the full amount of the shield is barely damaged through and drops off due to low duration whereas the old one was more efficient in damage negation in most scenarios)