Arcane still Severely Underpowered

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Arcane still Severely Underpowered

1. No AoE damage spell on Q, for consistent solo PvE farming. Add AoE damage spell against mobs please (third skill on Q)
      2. Energy beam, as it is channeled spell, could be 100% uptime (0 second cooldown), that way Arcane can be count as another one damager in group since during channel it cannot do any another things. Add dmg buff scaling with arcane staff item power (70% - 120% dmg bonus)
      3. Mana-draining abilities have no effect on mobs, add them additional damage to mobs effect (Great Arcane's E aura, Energy Drain beam). On players, energy drain is too weak although.
      4. too long cast times and small firepower of Energy Bolt+Frazzle in comparison with Fire, Frost, Spear, Dagger classes
      Example: Fire's Q casts 1 sec, Arcane's Q casts 1.2 sec
      Fire's W almost all instant-cast, Arcane's Frazzle casts 1.5 sec

And very small activity about Arcane on forum because very few people using it
      @Retroman think about balancing Arcane please.
    • None of your points hold ANY merit whatsoever.

Arcane doesn't need an AOE Q.
      It sure as shit doesn't need a 100% uptime W.
      The ability to mana drain is huge, which is why for balance reasons you can't just take someone's whole energy pool, it's a slow process. It doesn't need damage vs mobs either.
      The cast times are fine for what they offer.

Arcane is actually pretty fucking strong if used correctly. It's a very unique and supporting way to play that has insane outplay potential. I've been saying it for a while - arcane tanks are going to be a thing, and I've already seen a few coming out of the woodwork.
    • acrane is actually really hard to use in PvE situations. Adding an AoE on qspell won't solve the problem imo.
      - as a pure DPS arcane is really worst than any other caster
      - as a tank arcane is not strong enough to tank high tier mobs (i.e. lvl 6+ expeditions)

The only way to make it work in an optimized fame group, is to play as a semi supportive dps, meaning that you rely on the burst of another dps with your beam / you pierce strongly the focus (w pierce is strong tbh), use your E as a support (blackhole to prepare AoEs, enigm. shield to help your tank...)

and you complete your role with q spamming.

The main problem for arcane as a dps is the q casting time: the basic casting time is 1.2s so 0.2s more than others dps and there is no casting time passive (the only relevant passive for ff is the silence on AA since it gives a cancel). so you cant just play arcane as a turret spamming q (+ the q damages are always the lowest).
      The main problems for arcane as a tank are:
      - too low HP pull (only base hp of armors)
      - too low damages to use anything else than taunt on the chest piece.

My suggestion is:
      - add a casting speed passive (so q becomes spammable)
      - make one of the w spells draw more aggro on use (could be the energy drain since it has no use for PvE)

for PvP:
      - change q range to 11m as any other range dps (as it won't be used as a semi dps if the q isnt buffed)
    • hey @Eternalhaze could you please take a valid level of conversation instead of punking out some doubtful arguments?
      That's fact that mana-drain abilities of arcane are useful in pvp and can lead to interesting results and outcomes.
      With introduction of Lancelot the question of solofamefarm is raised to new level. And what's position of Arcane in that?
      Not only the full lack of AoE, but even single-target damage (PVE) of arcane is awfully underpowered compared to Big 5 of fire, spear, dagger, sword and axes. Im wishing of addition the new aoe Q-skill that will help arcane better work in pve (and pvp) in solo or small group.
      Not seeing any bad in this.
      Even in group pve, frazzle is too single-target and too long-cast, not very useful, and absence of possibility to constantly 100%-dmg-buff any other dps (and thus being a full substitute for any "normal" dps) leads to one possible conclusion: arcane is burden for PVE group.
      Things was better when Empowering beam was 7s, but it is nurfed to 5s now.
    • Making Arcane easier to play in solo/PvE is quite simple. Just make the Q ability a non-stacking, high output DOT.

Something like instant cast, 2 second cooldown, 4-5 second duration, 150dmg a second.

Gives you some minor AE ability, allows it to compliment other abilities well, especially if they attach a small energy drain to the dot. etc.
    • You are trying to make suggestions that change arcane into having an easier time for solo and group pve without thinking of the repercussions to group pvp.

Does arcane kind of suck to level? Somewhat, but it's not a damage weapon it's a support so farm with a group.

Asking for changes to arcane to make it comparable to fire is just idiotic. It's already really strong if you know what you are doing.
    • I love my arcane and wouldnt want to swap it for any other weapon ever.
      (except for ganking, id run polehammer there, but for gathering, fishing, gvg, zvz, hellgates or hce i would pick an arcane over any other weapon)
      Proud owner of the T8 Offhand book Rosalia's Diary. Feel free to pm me once you have your own item named in Albion.
    • I've been an arcane main since the start of release and I can tell you that it is a class which is a jack of all trades but master of none. I play in both light and heavy to fill roles as needed (supportish tank or supportish dps). However, like ive posted before on the forums, it faces many challenges when playing it in any role.

When playing it as a cloth armor support/dps similar to the role of a curse staff it suffers from the short casting ranges at 9m and the long cast times (1.2 seconds to 1.5 seconds) which means that you often find yourself not able to compete against the other mages as they will start casting on you outside your range and get two casts in the time you are able to get one cast on them. In addition, there is no aggressive caster passive on the arcane making it hard to compete as a sustained DPS role. However, where this role shines is when a fight has lasted so long that the enemies are low on mana and you can take advantage of the bonus damage on your mana burn Q spell. I've played this role many times and the majority of the fights I have been in, I am never able to take full advantage of this because casters run some form of mana regeneration on their team. Typically when a person is out of mana they will run because they cant cast/fight, meaning that you typically will never get to use the full power of this spell. I've found that the frazzle spell is comparable to landing a full HP/stack sunder shot from a crossbow on a target except that it has a longer cast and a longer cooldown but provides a comparable damage bonus to your team regardless of the targets HP on cast.

When playing it in heavy armor it gets tricky. Sometimes I am the sole heavy armor person on a team of 5, sometimes there is another tank. When I am the solo tank on a team, I find that we lack CC and it can be hard to keep my team alive or secure kills. However, I have found more success playing with another tank on the team because then our team has some CC and we can coordinate our damage and CC to secure kills. When playing it in heavy I often run Shield Q to help my team sustain and have found the purges/cleanses/armor provided from the Locus to be the best option as a weapon. I feel this is the better build to run in a 5v5 setting as I've had more overall success with it, however a role like this usually results in longer fights, less kills, and it generally dosent fit into the "meta" because it is neither a real dps, tank, or healer. It is a completely different role in and of itself which I would consider a tanky support.

With the new update on the Q shield spell (the threat changes to it) I am able to effectively main tank as an arcane in a fame farm on certain maps, which is nice as it allows me to fame up easier.

This is just my 2 cents. Make of it what you will.
    • Why does every weapon have to be either DPS, Tank or Heal? Arcane had the potential to be a good support weapon. A weapon that does something different. The old empowered beam for example was a nice force multiplier. For short bursts you had more than 1 additional DPS character added. Now, with the nerf to 100% there is no reason to use empowering beam.

Whoever you support with empowering beam, you give them a short time of being twice as effective. Sounds nice on paper, until you realise that instead of making someone twice as effective with an uptime of maybe 40%, you could instead play the same weapon as the player you would otherwise support. Now you also have twice the effectiveness, but at all times, with all the added bonuses like CC.

Not just that, but when doing PvP, using empowered beam on someone basically puts a massive target over that players head saying: "CC me". CCing the person that gets buffed by empowering beam takes out 2 damage dealers at the same time.

These drawbacks where understandable before when the beam added 140% damage, with more uptime.

Then we had friendly energy management on Q, which again, gave it a unique role. Sure there is still some energy management left on E, but now with a long channeled spell.

Why can Arcane not be a buff based force multiplier? And while we are at it, why does curse have to be yet another DoT based DPS weapon, instead of a debuff based force multiplier?

We already have so many ranged DPS choices, Arcane does not need to become yet another ranged DPS weapon.
    • Gugusteh schrieb:

Arcane is really specific and as it can buff some other classes, it is really hard to balance it.
      Arcane in PvE is by far the worst weapon i had to play (if i want to optimize my fame).
      its current utility spells (shield / beam) are still efficient (not OP tho) for PvP but it definitely needs an improvement for PvE and alternative ways to play it.
      Id argue differently here, arcane in pve, especially hce lvl 10+ is one of the best, if not necessary weapons to be succesful. Any lvl 15 i have cleared was with an arcane.

For brainless afk spamming the same skills to q w e monsters or solo grinding its painful tho ( even tho frazzle + poison pot = amazing ow roaming mob fame, but thats more based on the poison pot than on the arcane )
      Proud owner of the T8 Offhand book Rosalia's Diary. Feel free to pm me once you have your own item named in Albion.
    • Rosalia schrieb:

Gugusteh schrieb:

Arcane is really specific and as it can buff some other classes, it is really hard to balance it.
      Arcane in PvE is by far the worst weapon i had to play (if i want to optimize my fame).
      its current utility spells (shield / beam) are still efficient (not OP tho) for PvP but it definitely needs an improvement for PvE and alternative ways to play it.
      Id argue differently here, arcane in pve, especially hce lvl 10+ is one of the best, if not necessary weapons to be succesful. Any lvl 15 i have cleared was with an arcane.
      For brainless afk spamming the same skills to q w e monsters or solo grinding its painful tho ( even tho frazzle + poison pot = amazing ow roaming mob fame, but thats more based on the poison pot than on the arcane )
      How do you play arcane in such expeditions (personnaly interested)

Such as a tank, arcane is not designed to be able to fame alone in OW, but then i'd like to know the goal of the new q spell (since it is not usable effectively)
    • Gugusteh schrieb:

Rosalia schrieb:

Gugusteh schrieb:

Id argue differently here, arcane in pve, especially hce lvl 10+ is one of the best, if not necessary weapons to be succesful. Any lvl 15 i have cleared was with an arcane.For brainless afk spamming the same skills to q w e monsters or solo grinding its painful tho ( even tho frazzle + poison pot = amazing ow roaming mob fame, but thats more based on the poison pot than on the arcane )
      How do you play arcane in such expeditions (personnaly interested)
      Such as a tank, arcane is not designed to be able to fame alone in OW, but then i'd like to know the goal of the new q spell (since it is not usable effectively)
      personally i have the new dmage Q, it feels boring to me.

My arcane is based on abusing some flaws other weapons have, but it requires you to bring muliple armor sets.
      In short, for aoe parts instead of 3 big AoE skills, with my beam i make them 4 (3 dps, 1 "good - top aoe skill) ---( 2 dps beamed with their E dealing now more damage, if i beam both when they use it)
      For bosses i run frazzle shields and most of the time royal jacket, allowing my tank to survive the actual hits (a single healer cant outheal at those levels) and having the former aoe dps player swap to attack speed based single target weapons,with meditate on helmet and royajl jacket on chest in combination with frazzle your group dps is enough to beat them while still having the extra hp on your tank, while the whole group (healer and tank as well) get the effect of a royal jacket in combination with meditate to survive everything that most lvl 15s can throw at you.

I could talk hours how arcanes can abuse things in this game, thats why i love it, you just have to think further than what "you" are doing.
    • Rosalia schrieb:

Gugusteh schrieb:

Rosalia schrieb:

Gugusteh schrieb:

Id argue differently here, arcane in pve, especially hce lvl 10+ is one of the best, if not necessary weapons to be succesful. Any lvl 15 i have cleared was with an arcane.For brainless afk spamming the same skills to q w e monsters or solo grinding its painful tho ( even tho frazzle + poison pot = amazing ow roaming mob fame, but thats more based on the poison pot than on the arcane )
      How do you play arcane in such expeditions (personnaly interested)Such as a tank, arcane is not designed to be able to fame alone in OW, but then i'd like to know the goal of the new q spell (since it is not usable effectively)
      personally i have the new dmage Q, it feels boring to me.
      My arcane is based on abusing some flaws other weapons have, but it requires you to bring muliple armor sets.
      In short, for aoe parts instead of 3 big AoE skills, with my beam i make them 4 (3 dps, 1 "good - top aoe skill) ---( 2 dps beamed with their E dealing now more damage, if i beam both when they use it)
      For bosses i run frazzle shields and most of the time royal jacket, allowing my tank to survive the actual hits (a single healer cant outheal at those levels) and having the former aoe dps player swap to attack speed based single target weapons,with meditate on helmet and royajl jacket on chest in combination with frazzle your group dps is enough to beat them while still having the extra hp on your tank, while the whole group (healer and tank as well) get the effect of a royal jacket in combination with meditate to survive everything that most lvl 15s can throw at you.

I could talk hours how arcanes can abuse things in this game, thats why i love it, you just have to think further than what "you" are doing.

Now I have even more questions. How do you beam 2 DPS at once?

And how does beaming make it 4 DPS? You have the tank, the healer, 2 DPS and 1 beam. But while you are beaming someone for the 100% more damage, you aren't dealing damage yourself. So you are still 3 DPS. And can you explain why the double damage on some DPS' E helps more than just simply picking the same weapon twice? In that case you would essentially add the same bonus damage as the empowering beam, but all effects from it are also doubled. Meanwhile you also have an easier time with aggro management, considering that the aggro is split across 2 DPS instead of 1 DPS who does twice the damage.

Yes, the shield is pretty nice if you need just a bit more defensive support. Frazzle is nice, but should be on curse, because... well it fits cursing the enemy.
    • You dont beam 2 at once. Arcane is a communication based weapon (or you are a god at multi timer counting in your head)
      If we take the big ass fire tornade as example for our 2 dps in an aoe sitation, they wont cast it at the same time and have a long ass cooldown in between, while you with meditate royal jacket on cdr food and maybe even refreshing sprint just ignore the fact that your skills have a cooldown. So you beam fire staff #1 while he grills the mobs, and then beam fire staff 2 while he grills them, that way you have 2 tornados twice as strong, each one of them should be able to clear a pack because of the bonus damage.

Same goes for bow of badons or any other generic long cdr aoe bomber.

Same goes for single target, if your dps have access to lets say bows.
      ALl you have to do is tell them not to use their E burst at the same time, that way your effective dps is higher if you assume that their main damage comes from a single skill. .

Aggro management is a thing, but if you understand how proper tanking and shields work it is fine. Polehammer shield charge tanks are love! (watch twitch.tv/lewpac22 using my build in "high" levels)

But the main mistake is how people assume that just because someome has a good aoe skill, his effectiveness is 100% all the time.
      when a weapon has his E on a cooldown the weapons overall effectivness until his cooldown is available and running is pretty low, while when its active its pretty high.
      So what i am doing with arcane is to multiply the peaks of the weapons while covering the downtimes with peaks of the other weapons. Also with a cdr heavy royal jacket i am lowering the downtime between the peaks.

like i said, i could talk hours about the arcane and in how many ways i would prefer the weapon over any other slot, except if i am looking for a raw brainless dps (because, like i said, i dont like the new Q that much)
      But if i had to pick between a bloodletter and a 1h arcane as a gathering weapon, id be running around with an arcane all day as well!
    • Small update, I have heard that Derrick and king mojo both used arcane in their gvgs.

Guess there are 2 kinds of players... One kind that is not able to see past basic mechanics and the other kind that if ignores what other people are doing and just improve their selves.

If im bored ill find the vods.