New Hellgate Spawns

• New Hellgate Spawns

Could we please please actually make separate spawns on each map for 2v2 and 5v5 hellgates?

It is absolutely miserable finding them. The number of available red hellgates for 5v5s has been effectively halved and the number of 2v2 hellgates is way too low.
    I personally didn't notice any kind of increased spawn rate for them or 2v2s. They still appear to spawn at a chance at 30 minute increments, despite the patch announcement saying it was increased.
    Also because the reds and yellows spawn in the same area 5v5 teams are constantly killing 2 man hellgates to attempt to get a 5v5 hellgate to spawn, and vice versa, which annoys both types of group by wasting gates and creating empty hellgates.

Playing hellgates is a ton of fun, spending 90% of your time though hopping between portals and maps only to find empty maps and the wrong hellgate is not. Especially when half the time you finally find one, it's an empty hellgate because another team opened a portal just to get rid of it.
  • Best solution would be to make the 2v2 gates static and always spawned.

Put them in the BZ's where the portals are. If people are looking to do 2's then odds are that they are short on time to begin with, and since the rewards for the 2's gates are kinda shitty anyway there is no reason not to make it super easy to find them.

If they are accessible enough, then they will develop their own meta and it could be a major thing that people would get into. Granted, since the PvP is balanced around 5's, the 2v2 landscape will wind up dominated by a relative few super-cheese compositions but I would expect them to be traditionally non-viable weapons for 5's (i.e. daggers could do extremely well in a 2's comp).
  • Hey guys,

The main points I gather from your feedback here which I will pass on to the devs;
    • You would like separate spawns on each map for both 2v2/5v5 HGs
    • The spawn time of HGs is currently not fast enough for you
    • Players are trying to reset the the spawn timer of the gate locations for both 2v2 /5v5 and subsequently leaving empty gates for both parties
    • The majority of your time is spent looking for HGs
    We are very aware that this was a highly anticipated feature of Lancelot for you guys, and what I can let you know is that we are already looking into the spawn rates of the gates as a relatively quick solution to your concerns. That being said, adding new spawn points would take a bit more work to implement, but we understand this is the solution you would prefer to see therefore, I will be sure to outline this.

Please keep an eye on the test server changelog in the following days for any tweaks that may be made to the spawn rates.

- Evoque
    AlbionOnline | @EJevoque | Evoque#9601
  • the hellgates are so broken now - it feels...
    we were looking for 20 minutes until we found one which was deep in the blackzone... we checked every zone around caerleon (they are usually down but still). checked every anglia portal zone. went from deepwater to all adjacent zones - found a 2v2 hellgate. Went one zone further in the bz and finally, we found one... our group disbanded after that "adventure". It took us 2h for 3 hellgates...
    Hellgates are no fun right now :(
  • Evoque wrote:

Hey guys,

The main points I gather from your feedback here which I will pass on to the devs;
    • You would like separate spawns on each map for both 2v2/5v5 HGs
    • The spawn time of HGs is currently not fast enough for you
    • Players are trying to reset the the spawn timer of the gate locations for both 2v2 /5v5 and subsequently leaving empty gates for both parties
    • The majority of your time is spent looking for HGs
    We are very aware that this was a highly anticipated feature of Lancelot for you guys, and what I can let you know is that we are already looking into the spawn rates of the gates as a relatively quick solution to your concerns. That being said, adding new spawn points would take a bit more work to implement, but we understand this is the solution you would prefer to see therefore, I will be sure to outline this.

Please keep an eye on the test server changelog in the following days for any tweaks that may be made to the spawn rates.

- Evoque
    I'm glad that you guys are on this, but this is the kind of thing that should have been anticipated.

Set the spawn timers to 0 for now. Build some data on how much traffic they see, then make static locations for persistent gates. If you eliminate the time wasted searching for a gate, then it would be the single best piece of end-game content in the game for many of the folks playing.

Also, there is a scarcity of content for T6.0-T8.0 geared, moderate spec players. I highly recommend hard capping IP on some of the gates to address this. The data on what folks are wearing when killed/killing in Hell should give you guys an idea of the ratios, but I suspect capping Red HG's at T6, outer BZ HGs at T7 and Inner Anglia HG's at T8 flat (non-artifact) while leaving the balance of gates uncapped would go a long way to making these the centerpiece of the game they should always have been.
  • Hey everyone,
    here's a little heads up for you on this topic. So after the launch of Lancelot you have been playing the new Hell Gates in very high numbers so far. While I am happy that you are playing this new content in high numbers, this lead to the problem of our hell gate spawn rates not beeing able to keep up with the high demand. For patch 1, I adjusted the hell gate spawn settings to have substantially more gates spawned in the open world, which should make it way more likely to find the gates you are looking for. Also I make the likelyhood of 2v2 HG spawning higher, because you been playing these in way bigger numbers. Right now in the ratio of 100 (Lesser HG) to 30 (Greater HG) ratio. (playing means in this case finishing it and defeating the final boss or chest)

As for having seperate spawn positions, unfortunatelly this is something that would require a rework on how hell gate initializing works in general, as the system was never build in a way to support this. It would require a lot of dev time, which is why this is no option for a patch. However there is a lot that can be improved on the spawn setting side, which should improve the situation a lot.

I have one more question for you:
    When you say you can't find a hell gate, does that mean you usually don't find any hell gate at all for several clusters? Or you just encounter the wrong type of hell gate?
    In your experience, what is the ratio between empty clusters and clusters with the wrong type of gate? i.e. "We have been looking for 4 clusters, encountered 3 empty zones and one Lesser gate, but have been looking for a greater gate."

Sorry again, for the frustration the farmed zones can currently cause. I wasn't expecting participation rate to be that high. hell gate completion rate in red and black went up by 250%. The next patch should make the situation much better. But I hope, despite the problems, you still had fun with the full loot 2v2 gates so far.

Cheers,
    Retro
  • @Retroman you must be aware that Hg's number are very big problem for 5v5 playerbase. 2v2 is already sucking player from 5v5 becouse its much easier to find 1 mate than 4. Also slower respawn pused people back from doing greater Hgs. For example i stoped at all becouse when i get online 4 other people i train with during 2 hours we found only 4 hgs (which make 1 hg per half hour). Before update this number was at least 2x higher. I would love to see you find solution where 5 people won't waste 25 mins of time of active screaching for 5 min of content.
  • Hey

So your problem is that people want to play i guess that is within the acceptable type of problems :)

We spend a lot more time finding hellgates, and we go through many zones every time to find one. In addition in guildchat people call out when one is in their zone for the searching teams who look for them.

My theory:
    We beleive you changed spawntimers from 30 to 15 minutes, which means that you statistically will start searching 8 minutes into the spawn, and that means that the frequent spawnrate might soawn portals where you just were, and also where you are going might be despawns.
    Before with 30 mins you could search zones and then wait for reapawns if none but now you can have ling streaks without any.

Suggestion:
    Spawn portals in every zone instead of randomisation. You can even move it to 30
    Minutes as ling as they are there.
    Or instead of full randomisation, then define which zones to spawn which portals on daily basis.
    Its massively frustrating and the design decision behind spawn randomisation is unclear as teams already act mobile when the zones hellgate is taken by a other team.

I dont see a reason for why all portals shouldnt spawn