Please look at nerfing spears

• Please look at nerfing spears

Please, please, please look into nerfing spears. There is no reason for them to have more range than a caster and have there auto attacks do as much damage as my vile curse 4 stack. I took a 6 month break from this game and come back for the new 2v2 hellgates but i see nothing has changed with spears. The only comps we're facing is spear/nature and it's unbearable playing against something that you can't even counterplay. This should have been fixed on launch yet spears are still the cancer of the game. Honestly bout to just quit again due to the balance developers clearly not playing there own game. Please nerf the range and auto attack damage of spears so the player i'm fight atleast has to use his brain.
  • Not need to nerf, but curse definitely need some buffs:
    - Increase Q range to 11 m (all other ranged already have 11m ranges)
    - Rework "Cursed sickle" or buff its cd
    - improve "Desecrate" to longer root and let it bring two vile curses instead of one (or rework it completely)
    - cursed beam (channeled) must apply vile curse every tick.
  • WTenij wrote:

many meta glaive players changed to gallantine or hellebard
    So why you think it needs to be nerfed?

Just because you lose?
    Did you ever thought of improving yourself instead of asking to nerf all weapons but yours?

Not insulting you but this game has a very high skill cap ad you were away for months
    Are you blind as to what i just typed out? If so then let me say again, the spear has the same range if not more than most casters so in a way the spear is now a ranged dps and on top of that its auto attacks do just as much damage as much casters Q spells. The idea of a melee weapon is to you know, go deep in enemy positions to dish out good damage? And since being in a risky position means you can easily be cc'd and killed most melee will build more tanky pieces for there armor slots to compensate, where as spear can simply go more offensive armor pieces and stay well out of the risk zone other melee need to deal with.

Also as for your retarded comment at the end the game isn't very skillful. I played hard at launch, farmed everyone and lost interest due to poor decisions by the devs including the refusal to nerf the main problems with spear. Fling was never the problem, nor was forest of spears but rather the range and pure damage from auto attacks.

I gave them another shot and they failed, 2v2 hellgates will be over run with cancer idiots with spears and nature staffs who can't even cycle cd's.
  • letwolf wrote:

Not need to nerf, but curse definitely need some buffs:
    - improve "Desecrate" to longer root and let it bring two vile curses instead of one (or rework it completely)
    Hahaha 11m like the range bows and xbow ?? you are kidding? the normal attack in spear is so strong, need a nerf
  • So how come no developer has responded yet to my post? They should know there is a problem with spear yet they refuse to communicate with us on what should be done. Seriously devs if you care about your game atleast show you're reading our posts about balance, there is a massive problem and it needs to be addressed not in a year not in 6 months not in a week, it needs to be fixed now. Every day this cancer goes on, more and more people are going to just leave due to a lack of care by the balance team.
  • letwolf wrote:

Letwolf clearly a spear player.

But in all seriousness spear is beyond broken in solo farming or small groups. Tell me how you counter someone that deals more damage with auto attacks and has longer range than many ranged classes in game?

"You can counter spear by kiting!"
    WRONG. Spear kites you, which is especially the case when they go up against curse.

"You can time your reflect and let spear destroy himself! LUL"
    WRONG. All spear has to do is auto-attack , so it doesn't take a genious to stop attacking when they see red.
    In fact, to take it a step further, since they've been poking at you from 11m distance, you can't use that 5 second window with your reflect to punish him for being overly aggressive, he just walks and keeps his distance and you can't do anything about it.

"Hey, are you stupid or what? There are way more weapons that deal more damage than spear xD"
    Name one. I give you 6 months or until spear is nerfed to give an example. By damage definition I mean sustained DPS ( damage per second ).

"Spear has weakness too... it's useless in ZvZ"
    I give you that, It's not top tier when it comes to 10-20 vs 10-20. Actually it probably is the S tier melee still in this format.

I'm a spear player myself and I can confirm that spear indeed is busted, but please correct me if I am wrong at any examples I gave above. BTW I like the 2v2 HG, but it's a bit boring seeing nature + spear up against like 50% of the time, so I figured it's time to reveal spear secrets and get hate from albion community.

EDIT: ways I would myself nerf spear is
    1: to reduce it's range with spirits spear stacks down to melee range or 7m max ( didn't give this too much of a thought, just from the top of my head )
    2: reduce the damage output with Q stacks, because the main reason spears are overpowered is their auto attack damage output
    3: increase damage taken the more Q stacks you have for like 3-5% per stack ( 15% damage taken might be a bit overkill, but 9% definitely is not. )
    4: leave everything else as it is. no need to modify E or W skills at this time.
    You could of course modify Glaive's E to make it into a skill shot, since glaive right now is pretty much the only spear people use due to it's overpowered ability to misposition enemy players with a short cooldown.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Weeblet ().

• Weeblet wrote:

letwolf wrote:

Letwolf clearly a spear player.
    But in all seriousness spear is beyond broken in solo farming or small groups. Tell me how you counter someone that deals more damage with auto attacks and has longer range than many ranged classes in game?

"You can counter spear by kiting!"
    WRONG. Spear kites you, which is especially the case when they go up against curse.

"You can time your reflect and let spear destroy himself! LUL"
    WRONG. All spear has to do is auto-attack , so it doesn't take a genious to stop attacking when they see red.
    In fact, to take it a step further, since they've been poking at you from 11m distance, you can't use that 5 second window with your reflect to punish him for being overly aggressive, he just walks and keeps his distance and you can't do anything about it.

"Hey, are you stupid or what? There are way more weapons that deal more damage than spear xD"
    Name one. I give you 6 months or until spear is nerfed to give an example. By damage definition I mean sustained DPS ( damage per second ).

"Spear has weakness too... it's useless in ZvZ"
    I give you that, It's not top tier when it comes to 10-20 vs 10-20. Actually it probably is the S tier melee still in this format.

I'm a spear player myself and I can confirm that spear indeed is busted, but please correct me if I am wrong at any examples I gave above. BTW I like the 2v2 HG, but it's a bit boring seeing nature + spear up against like 50% of the time, so I figured it's time to reveal spear secrets and get hate from albion community.

EDIT: ways I would myself nerf spear is
    1: to reduce it's range with spirits spear stacks down to melee range or 7m max ( didn't give this too much of a thought, just from the top of my head )
    2: reduce the damage output with Q stacks, because the main reason spears are overpowered is their auto attack damage output
    3: increase damage taken the more Q stacks you have for like 3-5% per stack ( 15% damage taken might be a bit overkill, but 9% definitely is not. )
    4: leave everything else as it is. no need to modify E or W skills at this time.
    You could of course modify Glaive's E to make it into a skill shot, since glaive right now is pretty much the only spear people use due to it's overpowered ability to misposition enemy players with a short cooldown.
    forceful swing
  • Haha ... He kill me with spear... We need nerf that weapon!!! Nice joke.
    Now spear it's low dmg(low speed), easy to off him, need a lot energy and last need hunter jacket... (No def skill)
    Cursed more range? U have instant skill with q and u can move all the time... Fire bow or frost need cast spell

Stop play again the best...
    Easy comp carrion plus nature need also nerf d xD?

:)
  • Szkodnik wrote:

Haha ... He kill me with spear... We need nerf that weapon!!! Nice joke.
    Now spear it's low dmg(low speed), easy to off him, need a lot energy and last need hunter jacket... (No def skill)
    Cursed more range? U have instant skill with q and u can move all the time... Fire bow or frost need cast spell

Spear auto attacks further away than curse casts his instant spell Q that you mentioned. Also spear does more damage with one auto attack as where curse with one Q stack.
    So curse has to see a lot of effort to get his Q stacks running, but he is most likely dead in the time he puts dots up. If he wasn't, well spear meta players are currently using hunter hood. So there is ZERO counterplay for curse to beat a spear.

Sure, curse is fine in GvG fights or larger groups, but currently 1v1 or 2v2 curse is at the bottom of the meta and spear is by far #1.
  • Szkodnik wrote:

Haha ... He kill me with spear... We need nerf that weapon!!! Nice joke.

Szkodnik wrote:

U have weapons 1vs1
    U have weapon 5vs5
    And you have weapon zvz
    And if you play cursed, you can attack more targets ... Beacuse You have a lot time keep stack on 2 enemy's.
    That's it's skill... And secend I think our cursed in this topic don't have to much spec :)
    Well i'm going to take the bait on this retarded troll so here it goes. For the third fucking time now, read my points about why it needs nerfs. I don't want it nerfed based on the fact it killed me, i want it nerfed because it fills way too many roles with no downside. There is little to no skill involved and very little counterplay to be done about it. Rather than saying some stupid shit give me a reason why the spear needs more range than casters and why it's auto attacks need to to more damage than most range q's.

Also i have no clue what you're rambling on about with curse, curse is just average it doesn't exceed at any role and how fucking stupid can you be talking about dotting multiple targets, vile curse itself has a 9m range so it's very easy to lose stacks on 2 targets if they simply take 2 steps back, Second the duration before my stacks fall off is very very very fast so i have a small window to keep dots at full stacks, any cc or them moving away resets all that hard work. Guess what retard vile curse does okay damage after 4 stacks but getting there is next to impossible in most situations vs a half brained player.

Please actually play the fucking game before saying this shit, it's really annoying how any idiot can come in here and think they know what they are talking about.

Please albion let us moderate our own posts so idiot trolls like this can stop spewing nonsense about subjects they don't understand or have any part participating in.
  • Szkodnik wrote:

U have weapons 1vs1
    U have weapon 5vs5
    And you have weapon zvz
    And if you play cursed, you can attack more targets ... Beacuse You have a lot time keep stack on 2 enemy's.
    That's it's skill... And secend I think our cursed in this topic don't have to much spec :)
    You have not made a single good example, but i'll help you out okay.

Explain in detail, how you would kill a spear player in 1v1 fights, excluding a good warbow player that presumably played perfect and didn't miss a single skillshot.
    Once you realize that you actually had to stop and think once in your life for longer than few minutes, you will come to a conclusion that there is no chance.

When i'm giving out these examples, I do them by assuming that both players have the same item power & are not wearing the best artifact gear possible, but something that makes sense to bring out in open world.
    I think that in your head you imagine a zerg, because you play in one. You try to see why we are angry about spears, but all you see is this one spear dude in the front lines of a 20 man fight, so of course you are laughing off.

Try play as a solo/duo or 5man team instead of running people down in open world with your zergs, and you will learn the game better.
  • Weeblet wrote:

Szkodnik wrote:

U have weapons 1vs1
    U have weapon 5vs5
    And you have weapon zvz
    You have not made a single good example, but i'll help you out okay.
    Explain in detail, how you would kill a spear player in 1v1 fights, excluding a good warbow player that presumably played perfect and didn't miss a single skillshot.
    Once you realize that you actually had to stop and think once in your life for longer than few minutes, you will come to a conclusion that there is no chance.

When i'm giving out these examples, I do them by assuming that both players have the same item power & are not wearing the best artifact gear possible, but something that makes sense to bring out in open world.
    I think that in your head you imagine a zerg, because you play in one. You try to see why we are angry about spears, but all you see is this one spear dude in the front lines of a 20 man fight, so of course you are laughing off.

Try play as a solo/duo or 5man team instead of running people down in open world with your zergs, and you will learn the game better.

how i would kill spear user? i would walk away and make him suicide
  • LMFAO when OP screeched with autism over the fact that anyone can speak and not be silenced for their opinions. OPs just bad at the game. Kinda easy to tell by how violently he lashes out in response to criticism.

You’re just bad at countering different compositions. But It’s ok. Because you can learn to counter it and improve yourself. It’ll be healthy for you OP
  • owensssss wrote:

LMFAO when OP screeched with autism over the fact that anyone can speak and not be silenced for their opinions. OPs just bad at the game. Kinda easy to tell by how violently he lashes out in response to criticism.

You’re just bad at countering different compositions. But It’s ok. Because you can learn to counter it and improve yourself. It’ll be healthy for you OP
    Go on, explain what OP can do better.

I asked a guy above to name one weapon that deals more damage than spear(sustained DPS), and I told him he has 6 months time to respond. He has still not responded to me, so maybe you can do that.
    So what you're saying is, that OP is bad at countering different compositions. I would like to hear from you how you would counter a spear as a curse.
    I'll be fair and let you choose absolutely anything else than curse to counter spear, because I know curse has 0% chance to win a spear, so go on.

Hey I'm going to make it a nobrainer for you, because I know you can't come up with a weapon that beats spear by yourself, so tell me:
    How would you beat a spear with a warbow?
    If you can calmly and collectively explain how you would do that, I will admit that you are someone who knows what they are talking about. IF you are feeling a bit adventurous, try tell to OP what he can do to beat spears as a curse, because you did not do that in your previous post.

EDIT: Oh yes, let's assume that both players have same item power, and are not using T3 artifact armors.
  • Loool you’re flustered af. look at how much you wrote in response!

1st guy prolly didn’t resond cuz it wasn’t worth his time to argue with a stranger who’s hell bent on nit picking like an autist, I mean you imposed a time limit for the guy to respond lol. You impose restrictions too lol “if you can respond calmly and collectively” Thats why I’ll keep it short n sweet for u too

1h fire. Curse+healer is a shit 2v2 comp.

The post was edited 2 times, last by owensssss ().