This game desperately needs these changes

• This game desperately needs these changes

Ok so back a few months ago I bought a founder pack and tried the beta and didn't like it much.
      I recently tried the released version and bought an island and have been building it up.
      So here are my thoughts about this game and what it desperately needs to make this game actually fun.

I'm going to sort this out by topics so its easier to stay on subject for each suggestion:

Advancement: The pace of advancement in all areas after Tier 3 is way too slow. You need to drastically reduce the amount of fame / exp what ever you call it in this game to reach the next level in all areas after T3.
      The pace up to T3 was perfect, but T3 to T4 was brutal, I'm working on T5 advancement now and its freaking insane, this is not fun people..

Gathering: So the gathering system needs one major change to make it decent. The best way I can describe this is make it so if I want to make a granite block just require me to have granite. The way it currently is I have to have travertine which is made with sand stone which is made with limestone etc etc. Take away the other stuff. Just require us to use the primary ingredient for each thing we are trying to make. Trying to farm every kind of rock in the game just to make a granite block sucks big time!
      This is true for all other gathering professions as well, take away the ridiculous amount of needless time wasting grinding and just make it so we just need one ingredient to make each tier of material for freaking sakes..

The Royal Continent:
      Why are there red zones on the Royal Continent? The Royal Continent needs to be the part of the map we use as new players to level up to Teir 5 so we can progress out into the outer black zones.
      It doesn't make any since to have full pvp zones on the royal continent. If you want guilds to merge out to the black zones and compete for territory then make it so the Royal Continent is set up so players can level up to T5 quickly and then venture out into the main part of the game.

The Ability to JUMP: Why does a game made in 2017 not have the ability for characters to jump? This would help so much when trying to traverse the maps. I know it can't be that hard to add this to this game and it would be a dramatic improvement.

Player Guidance: After Tier 3 I had to go watch videos on the web to figure out what I needed to do next, the game should give you an idea of how to advance your character at each stage and suggest things you can do to get the most out of the game.

So these are my thoughts, take them as you will. I have been playing MMO games since 1997 and I see a lot of potential for this game to be great, but some very rudimentary things about this game needs to change in a drastic way to over come the hurdles players have to actually having fun in this game. The only reason I'm still playing quite frankly is because until bless online or pantheon, or crowfall comes out there is just nothing else to play at the moment that interests me.

One last thing, you all are offering a Bat mount with this Lancelot expansion. So I have to ask this question, why did you make a flying mount that cant really fly??? I mean for gods sakes...
    • i disagree with everything.....
      the reputation system of the red zone prevent zerg pking because the reputation loss is not split. a red zone makes sense at all...
      the leveling is so fast compared to the start. most of the time you can farm free without much competition.
      gathering is fine and why should you need a jump for a moba combat system?
      are you trolling oO?

• Proceeds to not offer a single thing the game actually needs, just convenience issues.

tbh its typical new player suggesting an absurd amount of changes across the board that no dev will rly consider.

i mean what games with this view style have a jump? league, dota, d3, poe, all have leaps n jumps the same way albion does.

the guys says hes played MMOs since 97 but has no idea what a long term progression is. i guess hes just played casual MMOs :shrug:
    • Lmao.. Everything you pretty much stated is irrelevant.

Game is fine as it is... t1-t4 in gathering is a joke, t5-t6 is a little time consuming but still ok, t6-t8 is another joke.

The only thing really time consuming regarding combat training, are the artifact specs. Aside from these that take time, maybe 80-100 (none artifact) takes a little effort as well but nothing unbearing. I think you haven't played many MMOs if you think AO is "hard". Try grinding in BDO past soft/hard cap to earn 1-2% after hours of killing mobs haha.

Jump? ROFL.. Why on earth would we need an ability to jump? No further comments...

Player guidance? Really? Game is so simple that even a 7 yr old can figure it out in no time. This game is one of the easiest games I've played (literally in every aspect - especially the combat system). You want a game hard that requires player guidance? Check Black Desert Online lol.
    • Kinrad schrieb:

Gathering: So the gathering system needs one major change to make it decent. The best way I can describe this is make it so if I want to make a granite block just require me to have granite. The way it currently is I have to have travertine which is made with sand stone which is made with limestone etc etc. Take away the other stuff. Just require us to use the primary ingredient for each thing we are trying to make. Trying to farm every kind of rock in the game just to make a granite block sucks big time!
      No, this is a very important mechanic. The need for lower level resources to refine high tier resources maintains demand of the lower tier resources. It gives newbies a viable option to make money, rather than their T3 being worthless.

Kinrad schrieb:

Player Guidance: After Tier 3 I had to go watch videos on the web to figure out what I needed to do next, the game should give you an idea of how to advance your character at each stage and suggest things you can do to get the most out of the game.
      I get you, but this is the "magic" of the game. There is not set path. It's weird at first trying to figure out what you want to do. Most games hold your hand while AO puts you in a complex world and lets you do what you like. There are good guides on the official website that provide a basic introduction and explain the mechanics, but I don't think there needs to be anything more.

Final notes: What the heck would a jump even do? You want to jump up/down cliffs? That would be a massive balance change.

I actually agree the tiers for certain things can be pretty harsh (particularly gathering) as someone who hates grinding, but I doubt they'll change that. A lot of people on this game like the grind. Thankfully there are non-grindy activities that I just do instead.